[manhwha] He's Dedicated to Roses

Guest Misao

Guest colloquy

i tried reading this but got bored...

i don't know, the concept's nothing new.

maybe i'll give it another try when i'm utterly bored.. :lol:

Hwang Miri and the people she mentors (like Han Yurang) basically write the same story over and over again. The one story that deviates from the formula is HBW, but if you're already bored, I'd suggest other artists to be honest.

Guest Ssaga_G

I just finished reading the end 5 minutes ago.

The whole manga was pretty darn cliche and cheesy. And the ending was absolutely retarded. <_<

But I still enjoyed it. It was good entertainment while I procrastinated.

It was like a typical Korea drama.

The story got extremely frustrating though. And the characters were pretty annoying.

I liked Ida throughout the whole story and I rooted for her but towards the end she gets way too obsessed with Naru.

Gang Naru is horribly idiotic character. I don't see what was so great about him. Sure he risked his life for her but Shinah would have done the same.

I liked that Ida was able to kick-butt and that scene where she broke the desk was pretty awesome but then she gets all wimpy and becomes the typical manga girl.

In the beginning she's able to fight off 7 guys by herself without breaking a sweat but later she can barely stand up after beating 4 guys down and then gets stopped when that dude (I totally forgot his name) grabs her arm. What happened to breaking a table in half? <_<

Hwang Miri obviously did not think this through.

The one character that I thought was perfect was Shinah.

He knew all along she was Yodah and didn't trip about it. And he goes saving her everytime she's in trouble. He even just gave her up in the end and went to Naru himself to tell them they belong together.

Naru on the other hand is a total jerk. He freaks out like crazy when he finds out Ida was a girl and calls her clingy. (and who was the one stalking her in the first place?)

ANd yet Ida is all like, "NOOO I'll only love Naru. He's the one for me. IT'S DESTINY!!! T-T"

Oh wells...

I was shocked something actually took Naruto off of 1st place at mangafox so that's why I decided to read it.

But the only reason it took first place was that mangafox ranks by monthly views and this was practically updated everyday.

But now that it's over Naruto's probably going to get #1 one again.

I started reading Hwang Miri's other one too, the Boarding House of Hunks (3rd at mangafox by the way) and I think I'll pass. Not worth the time. It basically going to be the same story. I'm probably going to get infuriated by everything halfway. I've only started and the characters already anger me. D:< But what did I expect with such a cheesy title? <_<

But all in all, He's Dedicated to Roses (also by the way, a crappy title. didn't have much to do with the story at all) was a good read. I would never read it again and I would never suggest any one else to but I didn't totally hate it :D

And here I just over analyzed everything and wrote an essay where I should be writing a real essay for English right now. -_-

Dang this is way too long.

Guest DarkAngelInLove

just got to the end!

i have to say i'm really satisfied. especially with that ugly suit naru came in. but ida gets a happy ending. poor shinah though! i would so go for him! i'm glad mimi and her family got what was coming to them! karma is such a... well you know.

Guest garnet07

Also read the ending and well ... happy that Mimi got her just desserts. But not getting why the best character Shinah had to be alone. It's true though, HBW is probably the only HMR manhwa that is different. What I mean is that the girl stayed strong throughout the entire story. It was mentioned that the main girl on HBW may not be dumb as she portrays herself to be, but is the one actually manipulating everybody. That's what I wanted Ida to be in HDTR, but HMR doesn't understand the gist of gender bender mangas. Tsk tsk <_< Hmm Love SOS or Honggane are my 2nd choices from HMR then.

I've been reading this for a while and finished yesterday.

Shinah is of course also my favorite character, sad to see him alone. I was surprised he really took advantage of her thinking Naru was dead though. I thought he'd be too much a gentleman to.

I think if the author had prolonged the time when she thought he was dead longer to like maybe a year or two, it would have made the end effect better -__-.

Guest myluckyself

finished this yeterday...

it wasn't the best manhwa I've read, its a bit too predictable for my liking...

I wanted her to end up with Shinah. Naru just annoys me T__T

• 5 months later...
Guest xxrainbowsun

I just finished reading the end 5 minutes ago.

The whole manga was pretty darn cliche and cheesy. And the ending was absolutely retarded. <_<

But I still enjoyed it. It was good entertainment while I procrastinated.

It was like a typical Korea drama.

The story got extremely frustrating though. And the characters were pretty annoying.

I liked Ida throughout the whole story and I rooted for her but towards the end she gets way too obsessed with Naru.

Gang Naru is horribly idiotic character. I don't see what was so great about him. Sure he risked his life for her but Shinah would have done the same.

I liked that Ida was able to kick-butt and that scene where she broke the desk was pretty awesome but then she gets all wimpy and becomes the typical manga girl.

In the beginning she's able to fight off 7 guys by herself without breaking a sweat but later she can barely stand up after beating 4 guys down and then gets stopped when that dude (I totally forgot his name) grabs her arm. What happened to breaking a table in half? <_<

Hwang Miri obviously did not think this through.

The one character that I thought was perfect was Shinah.

He knew all along she was Yodah and didn't trip about it. And he goes saving her everytime she's in trouble. He even just gave her up in the end and went to Naru himself to tell them they belong together.

Naru on the other hand is a total jerk. He freaks out like crazy when he finds out Ida was a girl and calls her clingy. (and who was the one stalking her in the first place?)

ANd yet Ida is all like, "NOOO I'll only love Naru. He's the one for me. IT'S DESTINY!!! T-T"

Oh wells...

I was shocked something actually took Naruto off of 1st place at mangafox so that's why I decided to read it.

But the only reason it took first place was that mangafox ranks by monthly views and this was practically updated everyday.

But now that it's over Naruto's probably going to get #1 one again.

I started reading Hwang Miri's other one too, the Boarding House of Hunks (3rd at mangafox by the way) and I think I'll pass. Not worth the time. It basically going to be the same story. I'm probably going to get infuriated by everything halfway. I've only started and the characters already anger me. D:< But what did I expect with such a cheesy title? <_<

But all in all, He's Dedicated to Roses (also by the way, a crappy title. didn't have much to do with the story at all) was a good read. I would never read it again and I would never suggest any one else to but I didn't totally hate it :D

And here I just over analyzed everything and wrote an essay where I should be writing a real essay for English right now. -_-

Dang this is way too long.

SAME HERE. I absolutely agree with you.

Guest moa.lovefuwa

when i first read this...i was really into it since the girl was like badass...then i got bored of it... her use of this kind of girl is repetitive.... i just hate how the girl would be all strong and shiet...and then go downhill because she fall too fast for a guy.... is there any sense to make a girl stay strong that way readers will have much more pride as a woman instead of being portrait that girls only think about love? lol.

Archived