C.N Blue's Jung Yong Hwa

Guest uka

Jung Yong Hwa Mixes Song Composition With Sword-Fighting Practice
866727114.png?1411536512

CNBlue's Jung Yong Hwa is a man of many talents and his accomplishments will soon include producing a solo album. He currently plays the idealistic troubadour Park Dal Hyang in the Korean drama adaptation of "The Three Musketeers." In the drama he serves Crown Prince Sohyeon, played by Lee Jin Wook, but the two men have a complicated relationship. Jung Yong Hwa's character is in love with the woman the prince married.

Jung Yong Hwa can now wield a sword with confidence and his acting skills improve with every new drama.

He was the first CNBlue member to be cast in a drama, although all the members have since acquired acting credits. Lee Jung Shin just finished a supporting role in "Temptation" and Kang Min Hyuk was seen in the hit drama "The Heirs."

But Jung Yong Hwa is arguably the most popular CNBlue singer-turned-actor and one of the most successful idols-turned actors. He played a musician in the dramas "You're Beautiful" and "Heartstrings," co-starring in both with actress Park Shin Hye. He was the heir to a television station in "Future's Choice" and had a cameo in "Gentleman's Dignity."

In between learning lines and practicing his sword-fighting skills for "The Three Musketeers," he is composing songs for a solo album.

In March 2014, his management company, FNC Entertainment, announced that the singer would be working on his first solo album. According to an FNC spokesperson Jung Yong Hwa is not just writing songs for the album and going to sing on it. He is also producing the album.

It's not his first solo recording effort. The 25-year-old singer released his first solo digital single "For First Time Lovers" in 2011 and it quickly topped the charts. Nor will the album be his first attempt as a composer

As a composer and songwriter, he has created music for CNBlue and other artists, including Juniel and the girl group AOA. He also wrote music for commercials and contributed to various soundtracks.  

At a recent fan meeting in Tokyo, he spoke about his plans for the solo efforts, saying, "I am currently preparing my solo album and concerts. 

He sang several of his own compositions, some of which were created for the soundtrack of the drama "Heartstrings." He performed "Feeling," "Monday," "You've Fallen For Me,' "Because I Miss You" and "Try Again, Smile Again."

As well as singing some of his own compositions, he also pleased his Japanese fans by reenacting romantic scenes from some of his dramas and showed a few clips from celebrity friends, including his "Future's Choice" co-star Yoon Eun Hye.

cr. Kdramastars

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

CN Blue’s Jung Yong Hwa on Going Solo, How He Feels About Other Idol Soloists and More

CN Blue′s Jung Yong Hwa shared his thoughts on releasing his first solo album One Fine Day as well as on his fellow singers, who have gone from being an idol group member to a soloist.

Jung Yong Hwa launched his solo debut showcase on January 19 at the Maria Callas Hall in Daechi-dong and spilled his honest thoughts and goals on releasing his fist solo album, the difference between his album and CN Blue’s album and more. The following is a Q&A with Jung Yong Hwa.

CN Blue’s Jung Yong Hwa on Going Solo, How He Feels About Other Idol Soloists and More

◆ How do you feel about making a solo debut?

-I didn’t think that it would be a full-length album but after adding one song at a time, it ended up being a total of ten tracks. It was meaningful to do a collaboration with my respected seniors Yoon Do Hyun, Yang Dong Geun, Verbal Jint and more and I was able to produce my songs, which are like my children. I included many songs about love and healing.

◆ What kind of song is the title song One Fine Day?

-It’s a song that I wrote thinking that I want to differentiate it from CN Blue’s songs. Through this opportunity, I came to realize what kind of music I like. The love finally came true in the music video. I was always in the position to yearn for love but I was able to vent it out. Actually, all of CN Blue’s songs talk about getting dumped. I didn’t want to get dumped this time so I tried to tell the story of man after he goes through a breakup.

◆Did you struggle internally during the album preparation process?

-Of course I struggled internally. It may seem like everything goes smoothly for me without any ups and downs but I also went through many difficult things. Sometimes I would feel like all the things that people tell me are lies and wonder, ‘why am I doing this kind of work?’ I included those thoughts in the song The Last Leaf. I occasionally go through tough times like that. I can’t help it since what I do is work. 

◆Other idols, such as Super Junior’s Kyuhyun and SHINee’s Jonghyun, have been ranking number one since they have made their solo debuts.

-I would like to put down the pressure to win first place, but I can’t help but think about it. I listened to Jonghyun’s album and I could really feel his hard work. I was also stimulated by it. The ranking is out of my hands. If I do my best, then maybe I can win first place, which is regarded as being ‘God’s realm.’ If I win first place, I would like to deliver coal briquettes. I would like to participate in doing good things.

◆ Are there any singers you would like to work with in the next album?

-I didn’t collaborate with female singers in this album so I would like to sing sweet duet songs with female singers next time. It would be nice to work with IU and Ailee, whom I’m close to, and I recently thought that I would really like to work with Sunwoo Jung-A because her voice is so nice.

Meanwhile, Jung Yong Hwa released his first solo album One Fine Day on January 20. The title song One Fine Day is a song about being left alone after going through a break up featuring ironic lyrics. It catches attention by having a style quite different from CN Blue’s songs.

Photo credit: FNC Entertainment

cr: http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/85496/cn-blues-jung-yong-hwa-on-going-solo-how-he-feels-about-other-idol-soloists-and-more

• Like 1

Yonghwa’s “One Fine Day” grabs top spot on Billboard’s World Albums chartjung yonghwa one fine day teaser still

CNBLUE Yonghwa’s One Fine Day topped the Billboard’s World Albums chart during his debut week, demonstrating his international presence as an artist!

One Fine Day ranked #1 on the World Albums chart for the Week of February 7th due to its explosive popularity. The album was released internationally in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Macau, and its release on iTunes has also been well received.

One Fine Day is Yonghwa’s solo debut album, released almost six years after his debut with CNBLUE in 2009. The artist has been working with international design group Storm Studios with plans to release a limited edition of the album in February.

This is not the vocalist’s first time at the top of this chart. CNBLUE’s Re:Bluetopped the chart in 2013 and it solidified the band’s international recognition as a group with their hot track “I’m Sorry,” which performed well both domestically and internationally.

In other news, Yonghwa recently posted pictures and revealed that he will be releasing the music video for “Checkmate”, which features Mandopop super star JJ Lin, on January 30th.

cr: http://www.koreaboo.com/news/yonghwas-one-fine-day-grabs-top-spot-billboards-world-albums-chart/

@PikaMiau I really enjoyed the first two episodes which aired in the last two weeks. Yong knows how to make the show entertaining and interesting ^^ Also we finally got a glimpse of what his new crib looks like. But they didn't air some scenes in Episode 2, like the GDA in Beijing and Yong tour around Beijing. 
Too bad there's only 4 episodes in total.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

M!Countdown 409 (Jan 22, 2015) Intro (Yonghwa, Lizzy, Nine Muses, Davichi) [Eng Sub]:

M!Countdown 409 (Jan 22, 2015) Jung Yong Hwa Interview [Eng Sub]:

• 2 months later...
Guest Freedomkite

just want to share a chinese fan account on weibo about yonghwa when he went to Beijing to guest at JJ Lin's concert.

the fans were following him around when he went sight seeing along a tourist street. It was raining heavily. Yong went into a shop so the fnc rep asked the fans to go buy some umbrellas while waiting for him but the fans did not want to move in case they lose him. So according to the fan he deliberately went into a shop with umbrellas for sale at the door and waited patiently till everyone has bought their umbrellas before strolling out of the shop slowly and continued his shopping.

the chinese fans were happy because he was being very subtle and kind. 

Jung Yong-hwa helps distribute food to needy

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20150513

Jung Yong-hwa, a member of K-pop boy band CNBLUE, volunteered Tuesday at the BC Card Love, Sharing Festival at Seoul World Cup Stadium in Mapo-gu, Seoul.

Jung, who models for the credit card company’s advertisements, joined 60 other volunteers to distribute food and basic necessities to over 500 people who are in need.

The volunteering event was sponsored by the company to mark the month of May, which is designated as national family month.

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20150513

Source: Kpop Herald

CNBLUE’s Jung Yong Hwa Makes Surprise Appearance at JJ Lin Concert

jung-yong-hwa-jj-lin.jpg

The musical bromance between CNBLUE‘s Jung Yong Hwa and singer-songwriter JJ Lin continues!

The two met back in 2013 at CNBLUE’s concert in Taiwan. They then came together in January of 2015 to collaborate on an awesome track entitled “Checkmate” for Jung Yong Hwa’s solo album.

On May 9, Jung Yong Hwa surprised the crowd at JJ Lin’s concert in Beijing by making a surprise appearance to join his friend to perform a few songs.

They sang JJ Lin’s song “Practice Love” together in Chinese, and then delighted fans by performing their song “Checkmate.” Jung Yong Hwa also thrilled the crowd with a performance of his solo single “One Fine Day.

After the performance, Jung Yong Hwa wrote on his Weibo, “Thanks for inviting me to join your awesome performance, hyung. I learned a lot while watching you today~^^ thank u!”

Jung Yong Hwa is currently traveling throughout Asia for his “One Fine Day” tour, which will be hitting Taipei next on June 20. Tickets for the concert sold out in 20 minutes!

Source: Soompi

Edited by irilight
Double post...

• 3 months later...