GDragon voted #1 as the ‘overrated singer songwriter’

Guest ningmeng

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was going to say 'ditto to yozoh' (well i guess I did end up saying it)

but people here seem to be a fan of hers....

it's weird how gd and jyp are the top two when they do the best with online charts and overall popularity. but it's usually the popular ones that are judged as overrated. (makes sense)

Yozoh is one that I agree with because she gets credited for qualities I feel like she doesn't have. That's my opinion. and yes, I've heard her music. My friend is a huge fan of hers and everytime i'm in his car her album is on.... -_-;;

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

I do think G-dragon is talented, but he is overrated because his fans make him overrated, but he is talented.

JYP... that's crazy. He shouldn't be on the list. Most of his songs are good... and what songs have he plagiarized?

Guest Kiss Me

There's no doubt that these songwriters are talented, but they ARE overrated.

I completely agree with the poll. They are overrated.

Guest crackednut

Seo Taiji whaaaat? He shouldn't even be on that list.

I hadn't heard of Yozoh before so I just looked her up. Is it because her music is very unlike mainstream Kpop? Her style of music is actually very refreshing and unique.

I can understand the top 3 though...popular music doesn't always equal good music. They just know what sells and they sell it well. JYP makes a lot of catchy popular music, but I never think "MUSICAL GENIUS" when I think JYP.

Guest mina12

everyone knows that jyp uses samples to compose....

but at least he gives credit....yg on the other hand use songs

to 'compose' their music and give credit to their 'artist'

claiming that it's original.

Guest ohhlalakelly

well, he is overrated. Don't know what the big fuss is about him. He's unoriginal and his songs sound the same. His fans put him at such a high level in which he doesn't belong in. I give him credit for writing his own music tho.

Guest ninjastar

Since soompi is my only source for kpop and the YG plagiarism thread got closed, has there been any update on the case?

Asking in this thread since the topic attracts both fans and non-fans.

Guest 0oyokisuo0

i think JYP is more overrated than GD. sure he writes a lot of catchy music...but they are nothing special. i really loved GD's songs for big bang, something about them just stand out from the rest. his solo is bleh, i dont really like it anyways.

Guest ningmeng

Since soompi is my only source for kpop and the YG plagiarism thread got closed, has there been any update on the case?

Asking in this thread since the topic attracts both fans and non-fans.

no.

but I read on allkpop about something on the government considering in getting involved in plagiarism. im thinking its plagiarism on the whole.

Idk how true it is since “allkpop” is an unreliable site...

those polls are so dumb - funny but dumb...

they just pick the most succesful und popular songwriters and boom, their's your list

JYP is sooo intelligent, you can tell that only from the way he talks in interviews. He managed to discover, train and produce some of the most succesful singers in korea ever (rain, god, and most recently wg) and he is very succesful himself, he's produces not only for asian but also american artists. How is that overrated??

does it necessarily make him a good songwriter that creates good songs?

wt you said is all about his management skills

Guest elley_max

does it necessarily make him a good songwriter that creates good songs?

wt you said is all about his management skills

producing songs and knowing how to manage and promote your stars and yourself is different. i wasn't talking about just his management skills. He at least writes and produces his own songs, he did so for the wg, rain and god, and those weren't just popular songs but GOOD songs (not every single though). G-dragon (all plagiarism accusations aside) writes his own songs, how many idols do that?

i don't want to say that producing popular songs means producing good songs, so i definately agree with you.

but i don't get why they are overrated. No one says they're musical geniuses, no one compares them to mozart or michael jackson (exept for hardcore fans maybe), but just because they're popular people think they're overrated. You can be super popular without being overrated, you can be unpopular AND overrated at the same time. i think MOST singer/songwriters are treated the way they deserved it, they're respected for being able to create. Their products might be just catchy, but still they made it from their own ideas and put their heart and brain in it. How often can we see that in k-pop nowadays? It's so rare that entertainers do their own music, and when someone finally gets praised for his musical talents, suddenly he's overrated.

Guest sweetflower

Those that says gd is overrated...please name me an idol that writes his/her own songs, then i'll personally pm you my apology...

The reasons he was voted overrated cuz he's the ONLY idol that actually steps up and write/produce his own music...I'll give him tremedous credit for just doing that alone.

well, he is overrated. Don't know what the big fuss is about him. He's unoriginal and his songs sound the same. His fans put him at such a high level in which he doesn't belong in. I give him credit for writing his own music tho.

DITT-O

Archived