Kim Hyun Joo 김현주 Upcoming Drama 2024: The Bequeathed

LHRCN_

Hello guys,

I just found this old sitcom three girls and three guys, Kim Hyun Joo did cameo and acted with Song Seung Hoen, she appeared often in the sitcom but i dont know which eps she appeared.

I just found out that she appeared in ep 214 and had a date with song seung hoen, so cuteeeeee

credit to mbcclassic

• 4 months later...

I only occasionally watch dramas, but recently stumbled upon "I Have a Lover" and realized how superb of an actress Kim Hyun-joo is. I remember watching her in "Glass Slippers" and "Twinkle Twinkle" back in the days, but I was too young then. She also has a gentle kind of beauty that attracts you in a kindly way.

Wanting to watch "Miracle that we met" but feels like saving it for now, because I will miss her acting when I finish it.:)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I just finished watching "Miracle That We Met". Kim Hyun-joo was superb in that drama as well. While both her characters in "I Have A Lover" and "Miracle That We Met" share a similarity that they were in deep pain relating to their marriage problems, the portrayals were completely different. Do Hae-kang/Dokgo Yong-ki were more expressive while Sun Hye-jin was a lot more restraint. 

Looking forward to her next drama.

• 2 months later...

• 4 weeks later...

HI everyone! I think we'll see her soon on TV because she hersefl said: "please wait for a little while a loonger, I'll appear on screen within this year" on her fancafe :wub:

Btw, I read a news that she is considering a new role on SBS channel with Doctoer detective. I'm not sure about that but I hope next her character is a doctor :D

https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-kim-hyun-joo-courted-for-social-justice-drama-doctor-detective-126237.html

• 2 weeks later...

I was introduced to Kim Hyun Joo via the drama I Have a Lover.  I thought that it was a beautiful & poignant drama.  I was not a big fan of kdrama but this one got me hooked and I finished 50 episodes 'palli-palli'!

Kim Hyun Joo gave such a credible performance not only  on her dual role as twins but also her portrayal of the multi faceted Do Hae Gang, the ambitious lawyer who lost her memory & who ended up living with a humble family. (Kudos to the writer of I have a Lover for a great story).

After watching that drama, I've been searching the net for more kdramas with her in it  I've watched 'What Happens to my Family', 'The Miracle We Met', & 'Fantastic' to date, in that order. And I must say that you see an entirely different version of the actress in every role.

I hope she gets to act in more dramas & looking forward to seeing her in one really soon!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/12/2019 at 8:22 AM, Kloverl8tt3 said:

I was introduced to Kim Hyun Joo via the drama I Have a Lover.  I thought that it was a beautiful & poignant drama.  I was not a big fan of kdrama but this one got me hooked and I finished 50 episodes 'palli-palli'!

Kim Hyun Joo gave such a credible performance not only  on her dual role as twins but also her portrayal of the multi faceted Do Hae Gang, the ambitious lawyer who lost her memory & who ended up living with a humble family. (Kudos to the writer of I have a Lover for a great story).

After watching that drama, I've been searching the net for more kdramas with her in it  I've watched 'What Happens to my Family', 'The Miracle We Met', & 'Fantastic' to date, in that order. And I must say that you see an entirely different version of the actress in every role.

I hope she gets to act in more dramas & looking forward to seeing her in one really soon!

@Kloverl8tt3 ,  I echo all your sentiments here.  I hope we get to see them both in this reunion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

32dcfafcc33a4537a56b1dda76d6bac7.jpeg?s=

Kim Hyun Joo Joins Talks Along With Ji Jin Hee And Lee Mi Yeon For JTBC Remake Of BBC Series “Undercover”

Kim Hyun Joo might be making her return to the small screen!

On May 4, a source from YNK Entertainment said, “She has received an offer for JTBC’s new drama ‘Undercover’ and is reviewing it.”

A remake of the 2016 BBC drama of the same name, “Undercover” is centered around a man who hides his true identity for 27 years.

Ji Jin Hee is in talks to play male protagonist Han Jae Hyun and Lee Mi Yeon is also in talks to join as her first drama in 10 years.

Kim Hyun Joo has been offered the role of Han Jae Hyun’s wife Choi Yeon Soo who chases justice and the truth as a human rights lawyer. Kim Hyun Joo and Ji JIn Hee previously worked together in the 2016 SBS drama “I Have a Lover.”

source

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

https://zapzee.net/2020/07/08/kim-hyun-joo-and-ji-jin-hee-reunite-in-new-drama-after-4-years/
Kim Hyun Joo and Ji Jin Hee Reunite in New Drama After 4 Years

by krishkim | July 8, 2020

81422A09-A44F-40BC-8C69-01254454E578.jpg

Credit: marie claire

“Go-to” actors Ji Jin Hee and Kim Hyun Joo will reunite in a new drama.

JTBC’s new drama Undercover (literal translation) announced that Ji Jin Hee and Kim Hyun Joo have confirmed their appearances.

Based of the BBC series of the same name, Undercover depicts the story of Han Jung Hyun (Ji Jin Hee), who has been hiding his identity for a long time, and Choi Yeon Soo (Kim Hyun Joo), a civil-rights attorney who became the first head of the Senior Civil Servant Corruption Investigations Unit for justice. The two will face a massive force that holds and shakes the entire country in the name of benefits. Attention is focusing on their fierce battle to protect their love and justice.

Director Song Hyun Wook, who was loved for detailed directing in dramas The Beauty Inside and Another Miss Oh, and writers Baek Chul Hyun, Song Ja Hoon and Jung Hye Eun, joined forces. Also, the reunion of Ji Jin Hee and Kim Hyun Joo in about 4 years since I Have a Lover is already raising the expectations to the fullest.

Ji Jin Hee will play Han Jung Hyun, an agent at the Agency for National Security Planning (ANSP), who has been hiding his identity for a long time. Having been selected to join the ANSP while attending the police academy, he was on a roll with his extraordinary agility and guts until he met Choi Yeon Soo during a top-secret mission. Wanting to be a part of her life, he drops everything and starts living under a false identity. However, when his wife Choi Yeon Soo was nominated for the first head of the Senior Civil Servant Corruption Investigations Unit, his life covered with secrets is caught up in an uncontrollable whirlwind.

Kim Hyun Joo will lead the play by playing Choi Yeon Soo, a civil-rights attorney who has lived for justice and truth. In recognition of her lifelong beliefs and abilities, she was nominated as the first head of the Senior Civil Servant Corruption Investigations Unit and faced with the shocking truth.

Meanwhile, JTBC’s Undercover will premiere in the first half of 2021.

Source (1)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

https://zapzee.net/2020/07/29/yoo-ah-in-park-jung-min-kim-hyun-joo-and-more-confirm-their-appearances-on-netflix-original-series-hellbound/
Yoo Ah In, Park Jung Min, Kim Hyun Joo and More Confirm Their Appearances on Netflix Original Series ‘Hellbound’

by krishkim

Previously, director Yeon Sang Ho made headlines when he partnered with Netflix to produce the new original series Hellbound. And today, Netflix announced the jaw-dropping cast, including Yoo Ah In, Park Jung Min, Kim Hyun Joo, Won Jin Ah, Yank Ik Jun, Ki Do Yoon, Kim Shin Rok, Ryu Kyung Soo, and Lee Re.

Korea’s leading actors and actresses will appear in the Netflix original series Hellbound. Hellbound is a story about a supernatural phenomenon where supernatural beings from hell appear out of nowhere to condemn people to hell.

C1A99E4D-3A41-4CCB-8131-31844BC02D5C.jpg
Credit: United Artists Agency, Sam Company, YNK Entertainment

Yoo Ah In, who has left a deep impression in every work such as #ALIVE, Burning, The Throne, and Veteran, will play the role of Chairman Chung Jin-soo, the head of the “New Truth Society” and show both strong charisma and mysterious side. “New Truth Society” is a new religious group that interprets the supernatural phenomenon as the will of the divine.

Park Jung Min, who solidified his position as star actor by showing off a wide range of acting through Time to Hunt, Start-Up, and Svaha: The Sixth Finger, will play Bae Young Jae, a producer in a broadcasting station who delves into the truth behind “New Truth Society.“

Kim Hyun Joo, who recently showed a perfect acting transformation in OCN’s Watcher, plays the role of lawyer Min Hye Jin, who stands up against “New Truth Society“ and “Arrowhead,” the group that blindly follows them.

5B46208D-ED0E-4E15-82CD-29B94C5C7D31.jpg
Credit: Yooborn Company, Nobless Fashion, Netflix

Won Jin Ah, who showed passionate performances in drama Life and movies Money and Long Live the King, will add interest to the play as Bae Young Jae’s wife Song So Hyun, who collapses due to unbearable pain.

Yank Ik Jun, who is both an aspiring director and veteran actor, is expected to draw a realistic portrayal of Jin Kyung Hoon, a detective in charge of investigating the appearances of supernatural beings from hell.

Meanwhile, Kim Do Yoon, who has already worked with director Yeon Sang Ho in The Cursed and Peninsula, will play one of the members of “Arrowhead” and show “lunatic” performance.

1A304541-C845-4C19-8D9C-5F71E0187826.jpg
Credit: Netflix, Huayi Brothers Korea, CJ Entertainment

Kim Shin Rok, who made a strong impression with his shocking shamanistic performance in The Cursed, will play the role of Park Jung Ja, a mother who was suddenly sentenced to hell in front of her young children. She will show in detail what the ordinary person goes through in the changed world.

Ryu Kyung Soo, who has shown his irreplaceable presence in Itaewon Class, plays the priest Yoo Ji, who only thinks and acts for the revival of the “New Truth Society.“

Lee Re, who recently became a hot topic with her awesome action scene in Peninsula, will appear as Jin Hee Sung, the daughter of detective Jin Kyung Hoon and work with Yang Ik Jun.

Hellbound was initially published as a webtoon titled Hell, which garnered much attention even from the start as the collaborative work of director Yeon Sang Ho and illustrator Choi Gyu Seok, the author of Awl. The work became a hot topic, drawing keen attention by penetrating the uncertainty and absurdity of modern society.

Hellbound will be released only on Netflix in more than 190 countries around the world.

Source (1)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Kim Hyun Joo’s most recent YouTube live on August 27:

[김현주] 작품별 OST/비하인드 토크- 그저 우리는 김현주 가 보고싶어서 LIVE (1)(Edit ver.)

[김현주] What's your problem? - 그저 우리는 김현주가 보고싶어서 LIVE (2)(Edit ver.)

[김현주] 무엇이든 물어보세요-그저 우리는 김현주가 보고 싶어서 LIVE (3)(Edit ver.)

For full version:

[김현주] 다만 우리는 김현주가 보고싶어서 게릴라 LIVE

• Guest changed the title to Kim Hyun Joo 김현주 [ Miracle that we met] - Upcoming Drama 2021: JTBC Undercover & Netflix Hellbound
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone. ๑·̑◡・̑๑ I'm Jane from The Philippines and I've been a fan of Ms. Kim Hyun Joo for over a year now. I'm so glad to see that this forum is still going. I've read, oh maybe, Pages 1-50 last year then I stopped, I don't remember what happened really, I think, there was a point where I was denied access to it.

Anyway, I'm here now and I just wanted to say hi. I hope we could all be friends. I'm so excited for her upcoming projects. First Undercover then Hellbound! Oh my! Can't hardly wait.

-Jane

• 4 months later...

https://zapzee.net/2021/06/22/kang-soo-yeon-and-kim-hyun-joo-join-yeon-sang-hos-new-netflix-film-with-a-budget-of-17-million-dollars/
Kang Soo Yeon and Kim Hyun Joo Is Back for Yeon Sang Ho’s Big-Budget Netflix Movie

by krishkim

7EAD5A35-C602-4BC2-B25F-3139D15BCE9F.jpg
Credit: BIFF, Nternity

According to Starnews, Kang Soo Yeon and Kim Hyun Joo joined Yeon Sang Ho’s new Netflix original film Jung Yi (literal title).

Jung Yi is a new SF film directed by Train to Busan and Peninsula director Yeon Sang Ho. It follows a series of events in a robotics lab. The film, which requires a large number of artificial humans and robots, has an estimated budget of $17.7 million. Jung Yi is expected to be the biggest Korean original movie produced by Netflix since Okja.

Kang Soo Yeon plays a researcher at the robotics lab. She will be returning to the big screen ten years after the series Hanji. Kim Hyun Joo will be taking on the lead role of Jung Yi and resume her big-screen career in 17 years since Shin Suk-ki blues.

FF4BA0C5-144A-43F7-9B15-5AEAA3C368EB.jpg
Credit: NEW

Jung Yi is drawing attention in many ways as it is the first Korean SF film with a budget of 20 billion KRW that has two female characters as its lead.

In particular, Kang was once one of Korea’s leading actresses. She won the Best Actress award at the Venice Film Festival for the first time as an Asian actress. In fact, Yeon Sang Ho, who wanted to work with the actress dearly, was finally able to cast her after numerous requests. As for Kim, Yeon offered her the title role after working with her for his upcoming Netflix original series Hellbound.

Meanwhile, Jung Yi will begin filming in the second half of this year after finishing pre-production.

Source (1)
Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news.

• Like 1