Kim Hyun Joo 김현주 Upcoming Drama 2024: The Bequeathed

LHRCN_

On 23-5-2016 at 4:36 AM, laurene0917 said:

:dissapointed_relieved:...it saddened me that our unnie was no longer the narrator for Real Men last night..it was enough for me that I get to see her and hear her voice atleast once a week because she was narrating the show..but now...oh when can I see her on screen again?..I miss her already..

Dont worry, she will come back soon, She mostly take a few months break. But i think she has been getting a lot script but she is considering the best story to comeback.

21 hours ago, applebee88 said:

Hello guys.  I cant stop watching vids of her inYT ,  again Im surprised to found out about her humanitarian works in other countries as well/  One video mentioned Hyun joo also visited Nepal / post earthquake ,  disaster year 2015.  She is the ambassador of Good neighbor, / (her heart is so pure)

Is this being reported by Korean media before???   Ive been reading for the past year and visits Korean websites other portals but  really I havent read it about it before. 

Sorry for the never ending questions.

peace

how I wish  there will be Eng. translations on articles about her.

In the korean entertainment world she is well known for her good works. She is ambassador of Good Neighbor and she goes to give lesson to kids every weekend when she has time. She gives lesson to handicapped kids

some videos for you guys to watch

Kim Hyun Joo in Philippines

Kim Hyun Joo on Taxi show

• Like 2

Im out of wrods after watching her charity / humanitarian works. I like her as an actress because she can potray diff roles, diff expressions. Now I love her as a real person. Humility and compassion is deep within her. She is so low key, and popularity is not in her head.

She got me after she slept in that small tent and try to carry that big chunk of log.

My heart melt after she cooked spaghetti for the kids. I wonder if this poor family knew who she is.  No wonder the kids are crying the day they will leave the area.

Eventhough there isnt a single English translation on the video,  I know what she feels and conveys her message thru her eyes. Ooh geeezz.  She can make me cry and can make me laugh.

Hoping that a good man will find her way soon. She deserve a good husband. Shes worth it.

Thank you for the vid @LHRCN_

• Like 2

11 hours ago, applebee88 said:

Im out of wrods after watching her charity / humanitarian works. I like her as an actress because she can potray diff roles, diff expressions. Now I love her as a real person. Humility and compassion is deep within her. She is so low key, and popularity is not in her head.

She got me after she slept in that small tent and try to carry that big chunk of log.

My heart melt after she cooked spaghetti for the kids. I wonder if this poor family knew who she is.  No wonder the kids are crying the day they will leave the area.

Eventhough there isnt a single English translation on the video,  I know what she feels and conveys her message thru her eyes. Ooh geeezz.  She can make me cry and can make me laugh.

Hoping that a good man will find her way soon. She deserve a good husband. Shes worth it.

Thank you for the vid @LHRCN_

Hi @applebee88 exactly , what you have said above are exactly my thoughts when i got to learn more about her. I had seen her before in 2003 in Glass slipper with So ji Sub, but she was just an actress in my eyes, then in 2011 when she starred in Twinkle Twinkle I became a fan of her because of her super acting , the more i know about her the more I love her as a person.

• Like 3

Ok since it’s a forum, KHJ thread, lets talk about her.

Same here @LHRCN_  the first time  I got to see her was in Glass shoes,  . Accidentally I watched  in YT year 2009 Ive no idea it was an old drama year 2002/2003.  After watching it Im still not a fan, but I find her and SJS cute, I don’t even know their names back then. Although SJS was not the main lead  in that drama, theres something about their team up,  that is why I was really surprised to found out recently about their so called past relationship lol!  

With the massive hit BOF / again I ddnt expect to see her as the badass sister of LeeMHo.,  I asked myself whats her name again??  Lol!  Shes pretty! 

I became a full blown fan after watching IHAL , I love the Hae gang character ,  and shes soo gorgeous in those outfits. I like the mature Hyun Joo. 

Now this charity works/ good will ambassador, Good neighbor project. Oh gosh Im dead, I admire her.. She has a golden heart.

I mean is there other K actress who can do the charity things she did in that remote area in Philippines???

And I don’t think its for popularity, or for a show or for a movie promotion, coz I havent read , or heard on news about it in K media. And I also got to learn about her Nepal trip only in Youtube. 

Eventhough theres language barrier ,  she still continue to symphatize with the less fortunate ones. I can see it in her eyes , her expression shows that she feels the pain of the earthquake victims.

What a remarkable woman.

And this singing and playing the guitar talent,  any man would fall for it, shes adorable.

I thought that her personality in person would be the same as her character in her dramas. /cinderella role,  tough, sarcastic, serious ,poker face. 

I was really surprised that it’s the opposite, lol!  shes funny , cute and bubbly.  Shes not the shy type,haha  its evident she love to have audience lol! 

I cant remember how many times I watched the clip of her singing “ DO I need a reason “ , funny, she even forgot some of the lines in the song, and ok with that , and can make the audience laugh.

Shes soo pretty in that leather jacket. 

I will try to watch “ Twinkle twinkle on my free time,  / after work Im watching some videos of her in YT , and eventhough theres no English sub, I don’t even know whats shes saying, Im laughing my head off just watching her expression. Lol!

I cant wait for the next project.

• Like 3

I missed this thread..still no update from our lovely Kim Hyun Joo unnie but it's nice to read how you guys love her a lot..just like how I soooo love her..:blush:

@applebee88 here is the link of 'Twinkle Twinkle' with subs  www.yourasiantv.com/watch/twinkle-twinkle-episode-1/ 
it's where I watched it, you may want to try it..once you're done, I highly suggest you also check out "What Happens to My Family"..It's a really great drama..my all time favorite..and KHJ unnie is hilarious on this one!

Since you guys are sharing thoughts about KHJ, allow me to join you..I first saw her in "Glass Shoes" then in "Ms.Kim's Million Dollar Quest" because those were both shown here in the Philippines but I did not automatically became a fan of her after watching those..though I must say I already like the funny tandem of her and JiJinHee back then..
Like applebee88 I became a fan of her while following the IHAL drama..I was in awe watching her portray dual roles..I seriously didn't even notice at first that she was playing both HaeGang and YongGi!..I've never seen anyone played a dual role as believable as her (not even with all those prosthetics that others use!)..
I was never a fan of any actor/actress before but her beauty and specially her acting really got me that while waiting for IHAL eps to be subbed, I checked out her other dramas, as in, I marathoned every subbed drama that she was in..from Glass Shoes(again!) up to WHTMF..seeing how her acting gets better and better after each and every drama and how lovely she is no matter what role she takes, I became addicted to her!
Since I was then done watching and rewatching her other dramas(and some films too!) and still waiting for the IHAL eps every weekend, I started checking out youtube videos of her, then I was lost of words with my admiration to her as a person..she's definitely a beauty inside and out. It's the first time I admired someone like this and I'm proud of the person I chose to idolize. She even went here in our country twice for a girl she's helping. And unlike other personalities who would have that covered by every TV Stations to gain popularity, she even went by herself. Watching all those, I can say that her intention is really pure and sincere. Her candid interviews are also fun to watch. I don't think there is even one unlikable think about this woman!

I love all of her videos but I don't know what's with this one that I keep watching it again and again..
maybe because I can see here that what she's doing seems really hard but she's still wearing that bright smile in her face..she's sweating and must be really tired but still she's glowing..just like Han Jung Won.:wub:

• Like 3

@applebee88 @laurene0917 I feel happy reading your posts. Its amazing that our love for this beautiful actress grow more and more after learning more about her as a person.

Did you guys see this video, after drama Dummy Mommy she went alone to Phillippines to visit Renalin and Renalin's family

What a beautiful person she is right, I am so inlove with her too.

@applebee88 try to watch Miss Kim Making million dollars quest, I have posted a link in my previous post. Its a very good drama too. Kim Hyun Joo was so GOODDDDDDDDD in this drama.

• Like 5

ahhh she went and visit twice.... golly... She is such a sweetheart!

Hyun Joooo, saranghaeyooooooo,  can you visit me toooo???? haha

and could you sleep beside me too!! lol 

the more I watched her videos the more I got to discover great and lovable informations about her.  

Thank you for the link/videos guys. much appreciated.  I will make time to watch her previous dramas. 

For now im watching clips of her in YT . I love the photoshoots, awesome awesome shots of her , Cosmo / Instyle covers

she is soo gorgeous wearing those shades.

I enjoy reading your posts guys. 

Sad to know that Kim Hyun Joo didn't win the Best Actress in Baeksang Award:bawling:  at least, the one who won is Kim Hye Soo which also did good in Signal, I hope she could be nominated again next year!

• Like 1

Kim Hyun Joo looks so beautiful last night, so sad that she didnt won, but happy that Kim Hye Soo won, she is one of the best actress of  korea. Kim Hyun Joo sat next to Yoo Ah In last year and on the same line of seat of Song Hye Kyo and Song Jong Ki.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, LHRCN_ said:

Kim Hyun Joo looks so beautiful last night, so sad that she didnt won, but happy that Kim Hye Soo won, she is one of the best actress of  korea. Kim Hyun Joo sat next to Yoo Ah In last year and on the same line of seat of Song Hye Kyo and Song Jong Ki.

All of them is A-list Actors and Actresses ㅋㅋ 

Kim Hyun Joo should get a Daesang soon, she's so good but she never got such big award for her superb works:(

Thanks for all the photos and videos.
Just curious, is there an app that can translate these Korean interviews to English :P

Often is so interesting to hear them with their expression...... BUT.... but don't know what they talking :( 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, juntan said:

Thanks for all the photos and videos.
Just curious, is there an app that can translate these Korean interviews to English :P

Often is so interesting to hear them with their expression...... BUT.... but don't know what they talking :( 

Yeah :( i wish i could help subbing but then my korean is not that good lol

• Like 3

Wow! A quick checked, this is her 3rd nomination for the same Baeksang Award. 

Each 4 years apart starting from

44th BA for  "InSoon is Pretty" (I don't really like this drama though)

48th BA for " twinkle twinkle" ( my tears auto flow from 1st episode till the last :D)

52nd BA for "I've a a lover" (I almost broke my monitor in the early episodes :p)

Hopefully it will be a 4th time lucky for her soon and not having to wait another 4 years! 

• Like 3

I really wish she would speak  some English in her interviews. I do believe shes fluent , heard her singing English songs

Hoping that she will win  Baeksang next time, though nomination is also an achievement. 

I am anticipating for her next project. 

• Like 1