SM/JYP AUDITION VANCOUVER 2009

Guest juniorjunior

since u guys are talking aoout ur experiences :) ... i'll try to keep mine brief.

it's my first time and i survived. i wasn't nervous, but when they got close to my number, i started panicking like crazy. aha, so embarassing - my legs got kinda weak and my hands were shaking. then, when i was lining up, i got soo thirsty!

my group had singers, models and dancers. one of the model was asked to sing. so i guess she has a chance in getting to the next audition. when it was my turn to sing, i was like :mellow:. then i finally started. im kinda stressing right now because im kinda confused. i know how some people were asked to stay behind for more recording. iunno if that's considered a callback. the judge didn't ask me to stay behind, but she asked me to sing another song (and i know that's not a callback or anything. plus a lot of people were probably asked to sing 2 songs). again, i was like :mellow: i started and in the middle of it, i felt like i was reciting a really hard tongue twister.. i guess that's self explanatory. :rolleyes:

anyway, in another thread, someone said that u'll get a "callback" in around 3 days and that's the end. someone said by the end of the tour. but on the back of the paper, it said you'll be notified within a month.. has anyone experienced a callback under a week or gone to the next round? and just to make sure im understanding what people are saying, callback=next audition, right? help me clear the way!

thanks

omg, i was V11, first of the second group. I was sooo nervous i choked on my words. She gave me a second chance, and i sang a different song. After when eveyrone was done, she told everyone to leave but me. She asked if i was fluent in my second language, and gave me 20min to rest and get ready 3songs.

I went back in and this is what they did.

3 songs close up camera

they asked me if i knew how to rap, which i said no >>

fullbody shot

sides shots

picture beside one of the judges, i guess that was to see how tall i was?

pull my hair back; side shots, front shot

pull hair out of forehead shot

freestyle dance; which couldnt do, so i b-boyed

then they told me, they'll msg me when the get back to korean :)

they were very nice. :)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg, i was V11, first of the second group. I was sooo nervous i choked on my words. She gave me a second chance, and i sang a different song. After when eveyrone was done, she told everyone to leave but me. She asked if i was fluent in my second language, and gave me 20min to rest and get ready 3songs.

3 songs close up camera

fullbody shot

sides shots

;) that's such a good sign! u must be feeling soo good! did u register online or u were like one of the first people? were there a lot of people during the time when u arrived?

Guest steve95

I was V 336. I did pretty good, I didn't prepare a lot, just exactly 30 seconds so I stopped myself. They smiled at me, and focused the camera at me too for the rhythm test, so I felt pretty good. Did anyone see a Korean boy with brown hair, yellow t-shirt, and Red puffy Converse Jacket? That was me.

Guest foreverwith_you

lol im going to be honest..

i went twice LOL....

i was FIRST to audition.. but girls in my group kept whispering..and staring and one girl GASPED at me, and i froze, and cracked.. -___-

so i waited for another 3 hours -__-- and i was 171!! wootwoot

..i rapped..

a lot of ppl there were really talented hehe

Guest panpan87

Kk so me and my buddy was supposed to be there at 1245 but we got there at 6 so we were the last group to go up our group had mostly dancers and 2 singers and a couple did a skit that was funny as hell I danced to love like this and I think I did ok the room was super small and I thought it would be hardwood floor but it was carpet so kinda threw me off a bit but I will landed all my flips and ish the freestyle dance was good it was to a remix of boom boom pow and it was so crowed like no joke but overall it was dope the waiting room the people and the judges hahaha oh yeah and I was number v404

Since you said your group had mostly dancers, were they really good? Or so-so?

Guest angel_cutie

some people will get a phone call tomorrow~(hopefully lol~)

they call you,set up a date with you (kkkk i mean like a day)

so that you can do everything for them again.

for exmaple,if you sang,they will make you sing,dance,and probably take pictures of you

PS did they give out posters again this year??

Omg the judge sitting on the right side was bangin hahaha I'll post my experience in a bit

Yea she was pretty hot for her age. I would hit it

Guest nestachan

i was number 142~

got there around 1:15 pm..had to wait for like 3 hours to actucally get to audition.

was wearing my JYP outfit(blue-ish stripe dress) cause i didn't know what else to wear, cept this time i wore heels.XD

the judge asked me if i was modeling, but i was like no, im singing.

i wish i did both, but i was too nervous 0.o

then i sang IU's cover of GEE, the judges were smiling and laughing and danced the chorus in their seats.LOL.

rhythm test was that black eyed peas song...since i dont really know how to dance..i just winged it and just did whatever.=P

good audition, at least better than my JYP experience. XD

;) that's such a good sign! u must be feeling soo good! did u register online or u were like one of the first people? were there a lot of people during the time when u arrived?

I registered online like a day before the auditions :) i arrived at 12:00 there were about 30 people :)

Guest springwaterpurelife

3 songs close up camera

fullbody shot

sides shots

may i ask how old you are?

and whats your "second language"?

ooh it's cool that she gave you a second chance [:

did you also do the rhythm test?

:)

Guest Eun_neptune_Him

I sent SM an e-mail application, they sent me back an e-mail saying to come around 1pm. I was so happy that i would be able to go..... but then work came in the way -___- I missed my chance 2 year in a row! I wanted to go bad, but honestly i thought a lot of people would look at me funny cause I'm East Indian :P but yeah.... I WANTED TO GO SO BADLY!!! :'(

may i ask how old you are?

and whats your "second language"?

ooh it's cool that she gave you a second chance [:

did you also do the rhythm test?

:)

Im 15, my second language is Cantonese :)

yeah i did the rhythm test, but i cant dance, so i glided and arm waves.. LOL

gliding and arm waves is good.. at least better than what i did xp i got kinda nervous and i totally blanked out. i did the randomest moves and because i was nervous, my muscles kinda tightened. so i was stiff <_<

Guest doubleAnumbertwo

this year was a great experience.

better than last year.

lol i was number 73. there were a lot of talented people in my group!

i think i did okay. the judges were really nice.

Guest springwaterpurelife

ooh that's cool! i'm cantonese too but i speak both mandarin and cantonese [:

did they ever call you back afterwards? being #11 must be sort of intimidating :o

ooh that's cool! i'm cantonese too but i speak both mandarin and cantonese [:

did they ever call you back afterwards? being #11 must be sort of intimidating :o

Nope. are we suppose to get one? it said in 4weeks, im hoping :)

Nope. are we suppose to get one? it said in 4weeks, im hoping :)

yahhh, i gotta learn to stay positive like u. i mean.. im not a negative person.. but i just lost some positivity.. :blink:

Archived