Guest fatlouie85

butterfly07, thank you so much! Yes, I think guys who work with LYW would find it hard to not like her. Just watching how she interacts with them you could tell what kind of person she is, warm, friendly, easy to talk with, etc. In my opinion maybe KNG didn't find these traits in his other co-stars that's why he acted or behave differently when he was with them. He sometimes do funny things or make jokes with his male co-stars. I think in real life he is also a warm person & likes to talk to people a lot.

Yes, I've heard that she went to USA after she got married & had her baby there. I don't know why Koreans are so fussy about that thing. I heard other celebrities who did the same were also criticized.

Yup they were criticized esp if they r male...coz Koreans r v patriotic (eg. Jayboem case), so they muz b thinking like how come u dun wan ur children to b a Korean citizen & all...its a good & lucky thing tt she had a daughter & nt a son coz the media will really had an uproar then & think tt she is trying to let her son escape the army <_<

since we're @ the topic, I'll post some tibits :P actually then, they had already planned to go overseas a long time & had decided to go US as her husband was going there to study bt when they r there, they found out she is pregnant so they stayed there to have the baby as it is better & safer too...lots of actress & female envy & respect her coz she chose to give up on her career, which was @ its peak, @ such young age (she was 23, gt married in Jan 03 & gave birth to her daughter in Dec 03) to get married (she was really famous & known to b the CFqueen, oso her popularity is abt the same as Jeon Ji Hyun then & is called the next Shim Eun Ha [i googled her, they really looked alike :lol: ], she had lots of romance rumors back then too :rolleyes: doesn't seems to have stop tho haha ) -end of tibits, till next time-

Btw, do you guys know that JJM is first choice to become YS, but he refused the offer? The reason most likely he just did Frozen Flower which is also sageuk, so he didn't want his image to overlap. He then take "Dreams" instead, which ironically got completely crushed by QSD (lowest average ratings in 2009). I think he also will become great YS, but like all of QSD casts, I can't imagine other actors/actresses become their characters, including UTW :lol:

I read from a news article tt interviewed JJM for Dream & he said that LYW called him b4 Dream premiere & wish him luck & hope tt QSD will nt crush Dream...i am happy that she still keep in touch wif her co-stars & her actions r touching :) Did u guys/gals saw tt SBS 05 awards? It is v sweet & funny when LYW's mother in Fashions 70's & the child actress went up on stage to give LYW a whole bunch of flowers :lol:

Daemang is 26 eps total. It's LYW first sageuk & her last drama before married. It's pretty good, & most of the casts are superb (Jang Hyuk, Son Ye-jin, Jo Hyun-jae, Han Jae-suk, even Jang Geun-suk). And about Bad Love, yes if I have to choose my least favorite LYW dramas, I will go for that. But apart from the story, LYW-KSW chemistry is good.

I haven't watched Daemang yet, I think it will b up 4 my next LYW to watch list now :lol: I remember tt LYW was still filming 4 it even when her wedding was like the next day. & if I'm nt wrong Daemang's PD was the one who managed to persuade LYW to take on Fashion 70's ;) I'm scared of Bad Love tho....

Btw, how do u post pics here? I wanna post some pics :)

Guest lynn_9344

Yup they were criticized esp if they r male...coz Koreans r v patriotic (eg. Jayboem case), so they muz b thinking like how come u dun wan ur children to b a Korean citizen & all...its a good & lucky thing tt she had a daughter & nt a son coz the media will really had an uproar then & think tt she is trying to let her son escape the army <_<

since we're @ the topic, I'll post some tibits :P actually then, they had already planned to go overseas a long time & had decided to go US as her husband was going there to study bt when they r there, they found out she is pregnant so they stayed there to have the baby as it is better & safer too...lots of actress & female envy & respect her coz she chose to give up on her career, which was @ its peak, @ such young age (she was 23, gt married in Jan 03 & gave birth to her daughter in Dec 03) to get married (she was really famous & known to b the CFqueen, oso her popularity is abt the same as Jeon Ji Hyun then & is called the next Shim Eun Ha [i googled her, they really looked alike :lol: ], she had lots of romance rumors back then too :rolleyes: doesn't seems to have stop tho haha ) -end of tibits, till next time-

I read from a news article tt interviewed JJM for Dream & he said that LYW called him b4 Dream premiere & wish him luck & hope tt QSD will nt crush Dream...i am happy that she still keep in touch wif her co-stars & her actions r touching :) Did u guys/gals saw tt SBS 05 awards? It is v sweet & funny when LYW's mother in Fashions 70's & the child actress went up on stage to give LYW a whole bunch of flowers :lol:

I haven't watched Daemang yet, I think it will b up 4 my next LYW to watch list now :lol: I remember tt LYW was still filming 4 it even when her wedding was like the next day. & if I'm nt wrong Daemang's PD was the one who managed to persuade LYW to take on Fashion 70's ;) I'm scared of Bad Love tho....

Btw, how do u post pics here? I wanna post some pics :)

Thank you all for your trivia and tidbits.Very interesting. fatlouie85, that was very nice of her to call JJM. I think they really are good friends. I saw in one of the awards wherein she was nominated for best actress for May 18, she and JJM were presenters and you can really see that they are close friends. Love them. As for filming Daeming when her wedding was the next day, she's really workaholic. Yes, I think that's the PD who persuaded her to take Fashion 70's. She had declined many good offers before that.

Bad Love was not really my favorite but it's okay to see it, however I have to warn you that somewhere along the way, the writer must have undergone some sort of crisis in her/his life and wants the audience to be miserable for a time..ok maybe i'm just exaggerating :P ...but it's an ok drama.I like her and KSW. Have to watch Take care of my cat and Daemang. Where can I see it with english subs?

By the way, I really have trouble posting pics, I tried and it was so small hahahaha..pls help us anybody :D

Guest fatlouie85

Yes, I know Son Ye-jin because I saw her also in Spotlight. I think she was good there too. And which one is Jang Geun-suk in Daemang? And which one is Lee Young Jin in AFRIKA? Oh, so many stars!!! So both KNG & UTW are available...mmm.

Jang Guen Suk still looks the same too altho much more manly imo haha he is last seen in You Are Beautiful, another Korean drama

Lee Young Jin played the sales girl in the clothes shop, she is the one who quarreled & had a gun face off with LYW in the movie

Bad Love was not really my favorite but it's okay to see it, however I have to warn you that somewhere along the way, the writer must have undergone some sort of crisis in her/his life and wants the audience to be miserable for a time..ok maybe i'm just exagerrating :P ...but it's an ok drama.I like her and KSW. Have to watch Take care of my cat and Daemang. Where can I see it with english subs?

By the way, I really have trouble posting pics, I tried and it was so small hahahaha..pls help us anybody :D

Haha i like the way u talk abt the Bad Love's writers haha I think you can watch TCOMC in Youtube...i've watched it there & its eng subbed...bbt I watched it last yr i hope its still ard...Daemang I'm nt so sure, can't b found in youtube tho, i've tried....

Guest lynn_9344

Haha i like the way u talk abt the Bad Love's writers haha I think you can watch TCOMC in Youtube...i've watched it there & its eng subbed...bbt I watched it last yr i hope its still ard...Daemang I'm nt so sure, can't b found in youtube tho, i've tried....

:D Thanks, I'll watch TCOMC now..

@lynn: You can DL Daemang with Eng subs at aja-aja. And for post pics, use tinypic.com, you can adjust your pic size there as you wish.

@ninimi: If you keep watch QSD, you won't be able to escape the addiction :P Try to watch other LYW dramas to ease the pain haha.

@fatlouie85: Thx again for your info & tidbits :D Yes, it's cute in SBS Awards 05, LYW become one of 10 Popular Stars & Acting Award for Special Project. But disappointed that she & JJM didn't become Best Couple.

@nikachan2008: Yes, Jang Geum & Jumong crushed their competitors too. But I think Jang Geum & QSD left deeper impression on viewers than Jumong, like I said in QSD thread.

Guest lynn_9344

@lynn: You can DL Daemang with Eng subs at aja-aja. And for post pics, use tinypic.com, you can adjust your pic size there as you wish.

@ninimi: If you keep watch QSD, you won't be able to escape the addiction :P Try to watch other LYW dramas to ease the pain haha.

@fatlouie85: Thx again for your info & tidbits :D Yes, it's cute in SBS Awards 05, LYW become one of 10 Popular Stars & Acting Award for Special Project. But disappointed that she & JJM didn't become Best Couple.

@nikachan2008: Yes, Jang Geum & Jumong crushed their competitors too. But I think Jang Geum & QSD left deeper impression on viewers than Jumong, like I said in QSD thread.

Thanks...By the way, you can see pics of LWY and LDW in Miso (Bean Paste) plus translation of LYW interview asking her about her costar LDW. It's the info that was given to us before. It's somewhere in page 1213 up(i think hahaha) of LDW thread. LWY is a year older than LDW.

Guest 1critic

Well, most of the other dramas in 2009 was crushed by QSD. I wonder if Jumong & Dae Jang Geum was also able to do the same. Did they? They were great dramas too.

Wow JJM!!! I wonder how it would go is he was the one who played Yushin in QSD. I can't imagine anything at the moment because I still can't get over with UTW, hahaha! Love him too.

While QSD had so much going for it, performance wise, production values through the roof (have you seen Mishil's wardrobe?!?!), it had the disadvantage of not being the first sageuk with that kind of format. The show has only been airing in my country for one week and already people are comparing it to Jumong, calling Mishil as "The New Dae Soh" or "The New Madam Choi," they're already spotting the (is this word proper?) repetition of certain archetypes. Good thing they chose to emphasize the individual actors and performances to give a fresh perspective on the show.

Thanks...By the way, you can see pics of LWY and LDW in Miso (Bean Paste) plus translation of LYW interview asking her about her costar LDW. It's the info that was given to us before. It's somewhere in page 1213 up(i think hahaha) of LDW thread. LWY is a year older than LDW.

Yes I've seen it, thx. It's cute. Such coincidence that her pairing guys for 2009 are 1 year younger than her (KNG & LDW). I like that although other main casts in QSD already hurried to accept new projects (most fresh is KNG with "Bad Guy"), LYW still enjoy her rest & carefully considerate the scripts.

Oh, if you want, try to re-post LYW ad pics using tinypic, you can larger them :D

@1critic: Yeah, most of MBC sageuks had similar characteristics/traits, I'm sure Dong Yi will also bears them. But I undestand why they keeping it, 'coz that traits are what makes MBC sageuks stand & so popular around the world. One of MBC sageuk that didn't had such traits is Yi San, & the result is Yi San ratings didn't do too well compared to other MBC sageuks. SBS & KBS sageuks didn't have that traits, so their sageuks often failed.

fatlouie85, what is CF queen? so she's really popular in Korea then huh. Thanks for the tidbits. SBS 05 awards, is the video available at youtube? haven't seen that. Oh, Lee Young Jin the last girl who joined the group. She's hot & sexy. Thanks a lot.

lynn_9344, you can also watch Daemang at dramaclick. Could you also post here the translation of LYW interview? Haven't read it yet.

Cahya, about aja-aja, could we also watch QSD there now? mysoju & dramaclick have lots of broken links. How do we access it? Yes, I thought so too about Jang Geum & QSD. They were really great dramas that are hard to forget.

[Queen Seondeok] Lee Yo Won - Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQQLsly_sBM

Question: Was it difficult to disguise as a man?

LYW: It's easier than being a princess. The hairdo is comfortable and I am wearing nangdo clothes so there's lot of actions. There are good and bad points to it.

Question: How's your health? How do you take care of it?

LYW: Compared before it is good now. Before I got a lot of small injuries and my hands got so rough, it was really hard. Now I get and do anything that people say is good for me. I take tablets or medicine 3x a day. I don't like medicines but I have to take them to be healthy & have energy. Also I take Chinese medicines, gensing, vitamins & supplements.

Question: About the Queen.

LYW: The name Queen Seondeok is very famous, however, there was not so much records left about how she became a Queen. The writers have to mobilize their imagination to write a scenario. I think the main theme of the drama that it wants to show or express is about Seondeok who could not help becoming a queen & to show her appearance of becoming a queen she has to overcome many disastrous adversities.

Message to the viewers:

LYW: Thank you so much for supporting Queen Seondeok. Many things are still to unfold in the drama so please watch it to the end.

Thx nikachan for the interview translation.

In aja-aja, you can only DL it. You can try dramafever for watch online. Viikii said that they want to tidy up their videos in order to be neat, so for a while maybe they won't fix broken vids.

And CF is Commercial Face. So CF Queen is female figure most wanted for advertise products.

Yea, cahya now i'm starting to watch Surgeon Bong Dal Hee, she seems so funny n cute, but she has much trouble with her job.

actually i really like Yowon when she become nangdo in QSD, i love the way she acts like boy , she's even much manly than other real-man ones.. hihi.. i keep watcing those early episodes of her apearance in QSD.

WOW so she's a CF'queen.. n truely on her high peak of carier when she got marrid.. umm..so young.. little mom.. it's so nice to be young mother, her daughter will grow up besides yowon is still young, so she n her daughter most like friend.. love it !

@ninimi: Yeah, SBDH is a good start for knowing LYW. Actually, all of her dramas & movies are good for ones who still didn't familiar with her, except Bad Love. Many people who watch LYW for the first time in Bad Love hate her immediately, what a prejudgment <_<

And for QSD BTS vids, Is anyone know why there's almost none since beyond Epi 35 (after Bijae)? Almost all the BTS & interview videos in Youtube are from before Bijae, most of them are from DM nangdo days. Did MBC intentionally save it for DVD release?

Oh yeah, can someone plz translate LYW interview in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44FxYQpUr7w?

Guest loveitall

QSD & DJG spoke about the life journey of two extra-ordinary women. They have given especially women of today hope & the meaning & value of perseverance, to value life & learn how to sacrifice for the greater good of everyone. It's how these dramas have touched me & will forever remain in me.

The same for DJG, they made an aneme out of it too. It's really cute!

LYW seems to have so much energy seeing how active she was on her videos & other stuff. However, aside from being workaholic, she is actually physically fragile. No wonder she gets exhausted after or even during the shooting period.

Fatlouie , to whom does she rumored to have a romance with before? I am curious as to what kind of guys does she like.

Cahya, thanks for the answers. Well, then let's just watch LYW in other dramas then. Hope she'll pick a good one soon. I'm looking forward to seeing her new movie Bean Paste. Oh, I missed her already.

I haven't seen bad love, since many coments said that her character is weak or something like the freagle one, i prefer watching SBDH first..

yea.. Yowon worked so hard in QSD, i really appreciate her role which was so total in it.. i head she injured a little of riding horse n doing martial arts, n even got skin deaseas. ohw that so difficult.

Guest lynn_9344

@nikachan, fatlouie gave us a bit of info regarding LYW's interview about her upcoming movie Bean Paste (Miso).I'm just going to give additional info from what I read also. She said that she will be lonely when she will promote the movie because her friend LDW is the army right now. She will be sad and lonely when the movie will be released.

They've worked in the past before and LDW is like her younger brother . He calls her elder sis.(LYW is a year older). They were supposed to be lovers in the movie so at first both had apprehensions, but as the filming progressed, they've become comfortable with their roles. She then wished him well and to come back a better actor. My thanks to the guys/girls at LDW thread. They also have so many pics there plus Wookie is such a cutie :D.

Hope somebody will give us a full translation with this video from blueyowon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7LqX3RqQV4...feature=channel

Also, the link which was posted recently by cahya. Hope somebody would translate it too. They looked like they were having such fun. I mean Yowon and Nam Gil.

@cahya. I will try to do my best with the pics :) Hopefully... hahaha

Guys I have a question. Did the ring in her forefinger that she wore in MBC Awards really her wedding ring? I thought it's not. I'm kinda forget the other occasions, but does LYW usually not wears her wedding ring in formal meetings? Actually it's my friend that just started to like her since QSD who asked it.

Guest lynn_9344

Guys I have a question. Did the ring in her forefinger that she wore in MBC Awards really her wedding ring? I thought it's not. I'm kinda forget the other occasions, but does LYW usually not wears her wedding ring in formal meetings? Actually it's my friend that just started to like her since QSD who asked it.

No, it's not a wedding ring because it matched the necklace she was wearing and she wore it on her forefinger.I've seen videos of her during awards, movie promotions and photo ops and i don't think she had it on.

@ninimi...hahaha that's a good one and it's a nice-looking ring too.

Oh..so that ring is one set of her necklace.. i'll see the video n take a look at them.

yea, couple rings DM-BD are such big circle of rings, seems so big on Yowon's cute finger, but it seems cool when they wear it together, unfortunately bidam never wore it, just kept it then sent it back.. how poor..

Oh yeah, it matched the necklace, I've realized it now after watched the Awards again, thx :P

I also re-watched her interviews & other Awards, & didn't find the ring too. Hope sometimes in the future she will wear it, I want to see how her ring looks like. You know, there are some couples which don't like to wear their rings for various reasons, so I think it's not big deal.

And about BD-DM couple rings, I wonder if in that era, they already used rings for bonds? :D And the desain is kind of modern too although big. I also wonder if that rings are expensive like DM & MS costumes-accessories. How nice if they can really have it afterwards haha, for memoirs.