10 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Oh, I didn't re-watch Yushin's scenes, so I don't remember much... but in my goldfish memory, not that Yushin chose Gaya due to his love or dedication to it, but because he wanted it to become a supporting hand for Doekman in her way to the throne and to protect it after that. Gaya had secret weapon (big bow and arrows) which could help Doekman to strengthen her armed forces. Besides, the rebel of Gaya had been always a threat to Sila's peace. Only when this community felt secured and be guaranteed a safe life under Sila, they stopped their rebel. And to do this, Yushin must sacrifice his love to Doekman, choose her to be his Queen (rather than a lover) and show his faithfulness to Gaya to ease them. I remember Gaya leader was afraid that with Yushin's romance relationship with Doekman, sooner or later, he would snatch the secret weapon and remove Gaya from Sila's history for the sake of QSD's three nations union. 

Therefore, I think it looks like Yushin sacrifice for the sake of Gaya, but the ultimate goal is to support Doekman in the long-run. 

Yeah, at first Yushin doesn't really have love for the Gaya but knew he had responsibility towards them and thought he can help them while being helpful to the Queen as well. He did loved them later though.
After the Deokman became a Queen, the Gaya forces started to rebel against her, they were secretly training their soldiers so they can fight against Silla. The Queen found out about it through Bidam, Yushin didn't know about this secret training they were doing but Bidam used it to make it appear that Yushin was leading them. When Wolya helped Yushin escaped, they had a talked, Yushin was angry with him and they talked about the future of Gaya and that's where that Yushin's love for Gaya was mentioned. Yushin's love for the Gaya was different from Wolya, for Wolya he wanted to keep themselves as Gaya but for Yushin it was a love of a father to his child, the name Gaya is not important but the people themselves. Even if it means losing their identity, a parent must do everything to protect their children no matter how painful.  And so, the QSD started to have problem and had to make a decision since Yushin doesn't want to give up any of them. So when the Gaya finally decided to accept the Queen and the Queen burnt down the book containing everything about Gaya, Yushin was seen clenching his fist the same way as the Gaya guy was trying to hold his tears seeing that Gaya is really gone.

Yushin came from one of the royals of Gaya so I guess the Gaya blood in him awakened after he started to work with them.

• Like 2

Oh, so it really turned out that way: Yusil later wanted to keep Gaya name too, and didn't want it to be part of Sila... 

I'm too lazy to re-watch his scenes, especially the scene b/w him and Gaya leader (Wolya). I was kinda being irritated by Wolya, because he kept doing things behind DM and YS's backs... when they found out, it was already very bad situation. But thinking again, witnessing the scene his country name is removed was very hard for him. YS felt bad too, but I think he had bigger dream (same as QSD's dream) which is 3 nations union; so removing Gaya name is necessary to achieve their big dream. 

Same as Bidam,  YS caused a lot of headaches to the Queen. Duh, men in QSD are up to no good (except my Alchoen, of course :lol:)

Yanki, how many times you have re-watched QSD? you remember quite a lot, in detail. 

• Like 1

About Yushin-Gaya, this is how it started.  I re-watched bits and pieces from Ep 26 last night.  In one scene Deokman tells Yushin to just abandon her because every time she sees him it’s difficult for her to resist an urge to running away from Shilla to live happily ever after with him.  However, her trying to escape with him to lead a normal life has ended the moment for what happened to her sister.  DM is the person who pushing YS away.  Thus, YS joined Gaya to help her to the throne.  He says he chose her but she chose to be a ruler so the only way he can give her all his heart is by serving her as his ruler.  He can no longer be her lover but a subordinate to her.  It was kinda sad when he gave her his last hug in Ep 27.  I’m not really a shipper to any pair but poor them they can’t touch each other from there on.

Although DM trying to move on, it’s evidently she still has feelings for him very much so during her princess time, like tendering by his side when he got hurt from the competition and the day he gets married she got a bucket of tears.  Bidam is brave for touching her shoulder.  He got guts.  That’s how he‘s given a royal ring, plus execution order from her.  Unfortunate combo for him.

I haven’t touched on the rest of the episodes yet so my question is why did Gaya rebel the Queen?  Is it because they afraid they would be oppressed or get killed like the previous kings did to them or by Mishil’s gang?

Vaiduakhu, I think we should re-watch to catch up with Yanki.  She’s like QSD guru, knowing everything. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Yanki, how many times you have re-watched QSD? you remember quite a lot, in detail. 

I am not really sure how many times I re-watched the series, although I watched the bideok scenes a lot of times. I just re-watched the drama last year too, after getting hooked in Empress Ki hehe I didn't know how to move on from that drama and even signed up here cause of that but still can't move on , so I re-watched QSD and problem solved lol :lol:

• LOL 2

4 hours ago, QSD said:

I haven’t touched on the rest of the episodes yet so my question is why did Gaya rebel the Queen?  Is it because they afraid they would be oppressed or get killed like the previous kings did to them or by Mishil’s gang?

Because Yushin didn't want to marry the Queen, they agreed to work with Yushin because they thought Yushin's plan was to marry Deokman and become the King but Yushin doesn't want to. They revive the Gaya forces secretly as a preparation then later on they planned to make Yushin the king (the same way that happened to Bidam) except that Yushin didn't get swayed by that. But Wolya is worried that the same thing will happen to them, especially once Deokman is no longer the ruler. I understand their fear though.

4 hours ago, QSD said:

Vaiduakhu, I think we should re-watch to catch up with Yanki.  She’s like QSD guru, knowing everything. 

Our discussion makes me want to re-watched the series again, since I could've jumbled my memory of the drama haha although I don't think I can re-watch the whole series again probably just half.:lol:

Funny thing because on IG there's a lot of Bideok pictures haha I guess there are still people out there who only saw QSD lately.

• Like 1

Regarding Bideok pics on IG, maybe they are the same people who sneaking around here knowing we’re talking about QSD.  Come on out guys, we can share the great Bideok story on this forum as well.  I have some fav scenes of them too.

Beside the camp scene what is your other part of Bideok which you enjoy?  I know you like them more when DM is a princess, so which are the scenes?

BTW, I love their very first appearance where Bidam winking at DM in the cave.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, QSD said:

Regarding Bideok pics on IG, maybe they are the same people who sneaking around here knowing we’re talking about QSD.  Come on out guys, we can share the great Bideok story on this forum as well.  I have some fav scenes of them too.

Beside the camp scene what is your other part of Bideok which you enjoy?  I know you like them more when DM is a princess, so which are the scenes?

I like the ones where Bidam is scolding Deokman, like when she asked him if he's sure that he won't chicken out in front of Mishil and he was like "why don't you do it yourself if you're so worried about it, tsk!" and that "Do something like this again next time and I won't come to save you"(or something like that). It's as if he's not talking to a princess at all and Deokman just let him be.

I like their scenes too when he was still a vagabond Bidam. KNG's acting, lessened a bit after he  became a hwarang so I don't like most of them and... they don't seem to have that much scene together during those times...so I like the ones where they treated each other like normal friends.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2018 at 6:14 PM, yanki said:

I am not really sure how many times I re-watched the series, although I watched the bideok scenes a lot of times. I just re-watched the drama last year too, after getting hooked in Empress Ki hehe I didn't know how to move on from that drama and even signed up here cause of that but still can't move on , so I re-watched QSD and problem solved lol :lol:

Nice tip! :D

No tragic drama (in LYW's list) can beat QSD. If you guys ever feel bad abt or can't move on from the bad endings of Song-Song couple or 1 coin couple or other dramas, watch QSD, you will easily get over it because other endings are still 1 million time better than QSD's ending. 

I know many fan dislike Bidoek's ending the most, but what I dislike the most is why Doekman must pass away due to sickness in the end? they should let her live to witness her life's dream came true. First time watching, silly me prayed in front of the screen that QSD wouldn't die. :(

On 2/23/2018 at 6:26 PM, yanki said:

Funny thing because on IG there's a lot of Bideok pictures haha I guess there are still people out there who only saw QSD lately.

In twitter too... I find a lot of Bidoek and Song-song couple photos. 

Guess many new fans are now digging LYW's dramas. They also dig her films (perfect number, recipe...)

Come on, LYW-shi! we fan miss you already! come back soon, please! :) 

I like all Bidoek's scenes before Doekman became Queen, even when he "betrayed" Doekman, hiding the proof to expose Misil's wrongdoings. I Like their relationship there very much. They trusted each other unconditionally.

6 hours ago, QSD said:

Haha, that scene is hilarious. I was like "wow, he knew Doekman was a girl, or he was gay, why winked at her?" :lol:

I think many fan automatically fell in love with him right after he made his debut in QSD: simple, wild and charming. I even shipped him with Doekman. But last 12 eps ruined my ship, and I moved to Aldoek ship. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

I like all Bidoek's scenes before Doekman became Queen, even when he "betrayed" Doekman, hiding the proof to expose Misil's wrongdoings. I Like their relationship there very much. They trusted each other unconditionally.

Haha, that scene is hilarious. I was like "wow, he knew Doekman was a girl, or he was gay, why winked at her?" :lol:

I think many fan automatically fell in love with him right after he made his debut in QSD: simple, wild and charming. I even shipped him with Doekman. But last 12 eps ruined my ship, and I moved to Aldoek ship. 

19436640_1490709744331448_71613802110978

Deokman’s reaction is funny, thinking “what the heck is this guy?!”  Wish I can find that gif.  I only found this image.  Unfortunately, it's not really clear.

Prelin 2018 Spring/Summer concept.

Reveal hidden contents

28166338_1256611517771778_15598660273743

28377469_1256611534438443_73694470197265

28379773_1256611567771773_44656495667354

17022423_1256611637771766_23849564892544

28058934_1256611717771758_38852643791467

28377855_1256611834438413_65081239967075

FB

This brand name's clothes are suitable for office ladies. 

Btw, Prelin is loyal to LYW, isn't it? how many years she has been endorsing it? 

I looked at all her endorsements, so far Prelin is the longest collaboration she had for the same label, 5 years and counting.

Yanki, I don’t remember much about Gaya at all and why the people of Shilla discriminate them until the Queen makes them as the same people as Shilla’s?  

22 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

No tragic drama (in LYW's list) can beat QSD. If you guys ever feel bad abt or can't move on from the bad endings of Song-Song couple or 1 coin couple or other dramas, watch QSD, you will easily get over it because other endings are still 1 million time better than QSD's ending. 

Yeah lol. I still couldn't find any drama that will beat  QSD's tragic ending.

4 hours ago, QSD said:

Haha, that scene is hilarious. I was like "wow, he knew Doekman was a girl, or he was gay, why winked at her?"

Yeah that was really funny and Deokman's reaction was priceless, I saw a gif of that from one of the posters in Empress Ki thread before and thought their reaction was so naturally funny. I wonder how they were bts, especially LYW.

I wonder why he wink at him too. Maybe he was still half asleep and saw a pretty face or trying to annoy him for looking pretty like a girl haha too bad no one asked them about it.

22 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Haha when I first saw him, I thought he was just another character for comic relief (like Jukbang) but when he threw the chicken to them I thought "Zomg this guy is actually cute" then later I thought he was hot after beating those guys.

Yeah the last 12 episodes also weakened my love for the ship so I didn't really like those romantic moments they had in episode 57-58. But I still love them though, my love for them revive during their last scene together in the camp.

I saw LYW posting something new in her IG account, couldn't understand what she was saying though.

4 hours ago, QSD said:

Yanki, I don’t remember much about Gaya at all and why the people of Shilla discriminate them until the Queen makes them as the same people as Shilla’s?  

Not sure if they followed history but in the drama, they used to be a kingdom who have been on war against Silla for many years and eventually lost and surrendered, so their lands became part of Silla. They were discriminated because they are the loser of Silla-Gaya war. QSD's father doesn't really want them to be treated badly but Mishil often use them by putting the blame on them for the calamities that's happening in Silla. So most people of Silla, started to see them as something like a plague or bad luck.

• Like 1

She does look good.  It’s just a bit too pretty boy image.  The photo they used when she was a princess already.

Deokman as nangdo would fit better for a guy.  Great looking, too.   However, whoever photo shopped this has done an outstanding job.  Her image matches really well in particular frame and certain angle on the original pic.

• Like 1

Haha, I immediately think abt Song Yi-Kyung in 49 days. :lol::lol::lol:

VJM3S2Kt_o.jpg

Her strategies are: eating only instant noodle, living in a slumdog, no entertainment activity (only sleep). But still... :D 

1 hour ago, QSD said:

She does look good.  It’s just a bit too pretty boy image.  The photo they used when she was a princess already.

Deokman as nangdo would fit better for a guy.  Great looking, too.   However, whoever photo shopped this has done an outstanding job.  Her image matches really well in particular frame and certain angle on the original pic.

In return, I'm waiting for someone editing Bidam in DM's princess custom. Must be "beautiful" to see... :tongue:

• LOL 2

Hahah I remember Yi-Kyung's money was just hidden in a box in her house. When the apartment owner came, she just take them from that box. I think she should've lots of money though since she did nothing but work lol.

But yeah, lately K-drama characters are often wearing branded and expensive clothes even though they were struggling with money, it's rare to see them wearing normal clothes unlike in older k-dramas.

5 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

In return, I'm waiting for someone editing Bidam in DM's princess custom. Must be "beautiful" to see... 

Oh I posted an image like that on his thread before lol here::lol::lol:

Yf4vEEC.jpg&key=6ef7d37508f0fcb8f582d0b7

3 hours ago, yanki said:

Hahah I remember Yi-Kyung's money was just hidden in a box in her house. When the apartment owner came, she just take them from that box. I think she should've lots of money though since she did nothing but work lol.

But yeah, lately K-drama characters are often wearing branded and expensive clothes even though they were struggling with money, it's rare to see them wearing normal clothes unlike in older k-dramas.

Oh I posted an image like that on his thread before lol here::lol::lol:

At least, in 49 days they bothered to explain why SYK owned a lot of beautiful (and looked expensive) clothes, shoes and hand bags, brand phone... but still it was a bit unrealistic for an orphan girl, who did a mediocre job, to buy and own these things. 

In other Kdramas, the poor female lead would not only own luxurious stuffs but also eat like a monster (it's considered as "charming" I guess), sleep soundly, involve in expensive entertaining activities, do a bit of her job and spend the most of time handling her romantic life. Someone tells me how to be a Korean heroine? :lol:

Bidam's editied photo is painfully beautiful :D

Hahaha you are right they spend more time with their love life than their work but still can afford expensive clothes and bags. And sometimes their apartments still so big and with pretty furniture lol.
Despite their average job and average salaries, they can buy expensive bags, spend a lot of time on other things, rent a nice apartment, eat lots of foods and still have a lot on their savings :-o

Yi-Kyung wore prettier clothes back then compared to when she finally have lots of money.

I remember in My Love From the Star, a scenario like this was mentioned because SCY wore branded clothes even though her character was supposed to be an orphan with average job and struggling to pay her bills. But SCY said, she did nothing but work but still struggling to pay her rent was because she spent all of her salaries to buy those clothes lol.