JGS become the young Han Jae-suk, Jang Hyuk brother :P

The funny thing is, KNG new movie also will be release in March haha, such a coincidence. I hope LYW will choose a long enough series like 24 or so episodes, not short 16 one.

Thanks, I have to remember his name. It's hard to remember Korean names. BTW, KNG will also be not available to promote his new movie because he has to join the military training, right? And I wonder who's going to be with LYW when she promotes her new movie because her co-star is also in the training, hmm...she'll be lonely.

Thanks, I have to remember his name. It's hard to remember Korean names. BTW, KNG will also be not available to promote his new movie because he has to join the military training, right? And I wonder who's going to be with LYW when she promotes her new movie because her co-star is also in the training, hmm...she'll be lonely.

But flhcat said in QSD thread that KNG will join army in late 2010 after finished 1 more movie, so maybe he can promote his movie. But LYW will definitely be alone, she already said it :huh: Poor her, must be very lonely being alone in press con. And why she, like KNG, also doing volunteer work/charity show right now? :lol: Must be their way of expressing thanks for QSD success.

Guest happyjh

Hello, thank you very much for all your sharings, love them all. Keep them coming....

BTW, does anyone have any info on LYW's hubby? I tried to google him but no luck. Is he a popular golf player in Korea? I wish the couple will also come out in the spotlight sometimes...I want to see them together, of course much better if the daughter also could join them. But I think LYW would not want to do it, right? Korean media is sometimes harsh when they mock. I read somewhere that before taking her comeback in Fashion 70s, she had to think a lot whether to do it or not because of her family & the media. She was afraid if they also get mocked.

Guest smarties24

Nice to see this thread more active :)

I'm a big LYW fan..I became a fan after surgeon bong dal hee which I love

This is slightly old news but I found this which basically says that KNG said in an interview that LYW is his ideal type. He says that because they are the same age, they have lots to talk about and that she would be a great wife.

标题---金南佶,毗昙的理想型,也是我的理想型,就是李瑶媛

李记者问:实际上,金南佶的理想型,会是美室,还是德曼呢??

金南佶答:德曼才是,事实上,说是德曼,不如说是(李)瑶媛,因为同年龄的关系,常常聊天交谈,看著瑶媛养育孩子的身姿,心想,那样的女人做妻子就好了。

Yah he is v popular...he gt notice after he star in My Girl...he has lots of fans in Japan too ;) Thanks for the interview tranlations :)

Oh I didn't know that. Umm...I am one of those people who never cared much about celebrities. All I know is Bae Yong Joon is really popular here. He was talked a lot that I got tired of hearing his name. He is called "Yong Sama" in Japan & most of his fans are from their 30s - 70s & would travel to Korea to see him or see the places that he often would go. Next to him is Lee Byung Hun I think. It's crazy how this Korean wave is rocking the world. Now me too is crazy over LYW. I wonder who's the next Korean star that will make me go crazy. Hahaha!

Oh I didn't know that. Umm...I am one of those people who never cared much about celebrities. All I know is Bae Yong Joon is really popular here. He was talked a lot that I got tired of hearing his name. He is called "Yong Sama" in Japan & most of his fans are from their 30s - 70s & would travel to Korea to see him or see the places that he often would go. Next to him is Lee Byung Hun I think. It's crazy how this Korean wave is rocking the world. Now me too is crazy over LYW. I wonder who's the next Korean star that will make me go crazy. Hahaha!

Haha I've heard that BYJ popular in Japan 'coz of Winter Sonata? They even make an anime. But who is Korean actress that popular in Japan? Maybe Song Hae-gyo/Kim Hee-sun/Kim Tae-hee/Lee Dae-hee eh?

Btw QSD now airing in Japan right? Fuji TV? How the responses, is it popular there? They use seiyuu or with original language?

Guest lynn_9344

Hi, everybody. I'm happy to see many posts in this thread. Thank you for the translations and informations. Just want to share this interesting video. It's an MV actually. I saw it 2yrs ago and was unable to find it bec it got deleted but I saw it again months ago. It's features many hearththrobs (Gong Yoo, Kwon Sang Woo and Ryu Shiwon and our dear Lee Yo Won). They look so young here too.

Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCl3Uf7Q3uM

Also, these are my favorite MV from See Ya with LWY and Jo Hyun Jae.This is like a mini movie:

See Ya - Love Greeting MV (Part 1)

See Ya - Iced Lady MV (Complete Version) (Part 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P47HDT4dkuI...9E7&index=1

Enjoy everybody!

credits: candychen41,michaelbigcat and tnby @youtube

@happyjh2008 re Grimme Award

Yes, they did talk and they look good too,isn't it? Did you know that in that event, Lee Yo won fell off the stage? Yes, she did. She went on the stage and gave out a bouquet of flowers to one of the awardees and when she was about to go down the stairs, she slipped and fell. It's a good thing that she wasn't hurt and like a real trooper, she just laughed it all away. I can't imagine what would be the ending of QSD if she hurt herself there. But, she looked really cute laughing.

By the way, I saw her print ad for OHUI in her korean fansite, her face is flawless.

HAaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiii !!!!!!!!! hello people !!! i think now i'm a big fan of Lee Yo Won... I'm fallin in love with her acts after wacthing QSD..

her character was so Faboulus.... she did it !! she played all her role so perfect, n i like it!!

hope we can share many things about LYW here.... yuhuuu.. Let's make this thread HOT :D :D

Hi, found this video with Japanese translation... I thought I'd translate it into English & share it with you. I am not sure if the translation is one hundred percent correct but please bear with it. Also, it's about QSD, I thought it's OK to share it here since LYW is in it too. Anyway, enjoy...

Queen Seon Deok MBC interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cFMEj3RehU

Reporter: Among the beautiful ladies, there's only one guy, UTW. How do you feel about it?

GHJ: Happy..

Reporter: Why?

GHJ: For a long time, I aim for him to come to my side. However, he was not in my camp, he was in Yowon's side.

Reporter: UTW's Queen faction will confront Mishil's faction.

GHJ: By some means I have to connect (marry) him to my side

(laughing)

Reporter: The drinking party probably will also be held separately.

LYW: I want to have a drinking party with Senior GHJ.

Everyone: Yeah...

GHJ: I appreciate that...

(laughing)

Reporter: Yowon & Yujin are twin. Are you alike?

LYW: No, we are not alike. YJ is more ladylike.

PYJ: what a thing to say...no way!

(laughing)

LYW: I think I am similar to Senior GHJ. Somehow a candid person.

GHJ: what a thing to say...no way! Not ladylike?

(laughing) Ladylike...

Reporter: Yoo Seung Ho is Yejin's son.

PYJ: Oh, I am very happy...

LYW: Usually, she would greet...good morning... good morning... However, to Seung Ho she would sound... oh,

good morning...

(laughing)

PYJ: Because he is my son, the blood makes it. It is really pleasing... I'll be very happy if he is my son.

Reporter: Seung Ho... it's Mom...

Reporter: Any pressure when you confront with higher senior in the play?

LYW: Seeing them act I feel pressured.

Reporter: GHJ's charisma seems to dash out from the screen.

GHJ: Really..?

Reporter: UTW is the best-looking man in Shilla, right?

(I think in Korean the reporter used the word "prettiest-boy" that GHJ, LYW, & PYJ looked at each other &

were laughing).

UTW: It's shameful...

GHJ: He's blushing...

(laughing)

UTW: Well, I have become the best-looking man somehow. I have to borrow the power of the make-up and have to

work very hard.

Reporter: what are the reasons that people must see QSD?

PYJ: Because we are in it...!

(laughing)

Reporter: Seriously...

UTW: It's for the old and young...Also for the foreigners, please watch it too.

(laughing)

Reporter: Foreigners....please watch...!

UTW: QSD...fighting!!!

END

Hi nikachan!!!

big thanks 4 u !! i've download this vid before n i reaally wanna know wad they're talkin n laughting at...

i see.... that's what they say... Hahahhaha.... that's why they're burst at laught!!! esp. LYW.. hahah.. her laugh is very cute! hahha

Guest lynn_9344

Can you post the pic please? I already have KNG ver., but LYW is not yet.

Hi, cahya. I saw that ad 3 or 4 days ago. I tried searching it, I have difficulty finding it now bec they have so many post there. I was not able to download it. However, I have pics of her OHUI interview, I think that's what it is.I got it last night. I just used google translator but most of the time, the sentence just doesn't make sense:-). If I can't post the pic here, I'll try posting it on viikii.

Haha I've heard that BYJ popular in Japan 'coz of Winter Sonata? They even make an anime. But who is Korean actress that popular in Japan? Maybe Song Hae-gyo/Kim Hee-sun/Kim Tae-hee/Lee Dae-hee eh?

Btw QSD now airing in Japan right? Fuji TV? How the responses, is it popular there? They use seiyuu or with original language?

Yes, Winter Sonata was I think the first Korean drama that made a big hit in Japan that is why PYJ got so popular together with Choi Ji Woo, I think she's the no.1 Korean female actress that is so popular here in Japan. Then through her drama with Lee Byung Hun, LBH became popular. I think LYW was introduced in Japan through the drama Bad Love by Kwon Sang Woo who was also introduced by CJW in their drama Stairway to Heaven. But for the drama...Winter Sonata was followed by Dae Jang Geum so the led actress there is also popular here. Then came Jumong & followed by many other Korean dramas bringing more actors & actresses. I hope QSD will also become big in Japan. For now not everyone could see it because Fuji TV is showing it in their satellite channel & not everyone has access on it yet. Unlike Winter Sonata, Jang Geum...etc. they were shown in local TV channels so everyone could see it right away. Well, as I said I was not really interested before about celebrities & didn't know much about it, but I think that's how this Korean wave came to Japan. I haven't seen it because my cable also don't have access to Fuji TV satellite channel...I have to pay another few thousand yen to get it..hmm...Anyway, yes based on what I read I think they dubbed Japanese language over the original one. There were some who complained about it because the voice didn't match the character or didn't emit the same feelings as like the original.

Actually, since I started watching QSD with English subs I only visited English sites to get info & news about the drama & didn't think about the Japanese sites until you asked me the question. So I checked the Japanese sites to see how QSD is doing in Japan & I was amazed at what I have discovered..wow!!! I was overwhelmed by so many sites. Just this link I attached below gives me all the sites in Japan that was talking about QSD. If you click on it, it says: Analytical result of site popularity rising concerning Queen Seondeok category. It has QSD websites, news sites, forums, blogs, etc...amazing!

http://0sy.jp/word/%E5%96%84%E5%BE%B3%E5%A5%B3%E7%8E%8B.html I read through some of the blogs & forums & the response about QSD is also good. Most were looking forward to watching the drama & there are some who were already a fan of LYW because of Bad Love, Bong Dal Hee & Fashion 70s. Also, the news articles were a little different from what we read at soompi. Check out this one that I attached below, it is talking about Yushin & Deokman as the center of attraction.

【韓流】『善徳女王』、スタート26話で視聴率40%台突破 2009/08 ...

【 Korean boom 】'Queen Seondeok' level breakthrough 2009/08 of audience rating 40% start at episode 26.

http://news.searchina.ne.jp/disp.cgi?y=200..._0819_031.shtml

English translation of the article:

The MBC drama 'Queen Seondeok' exceeded the audience rating 40% by broadcasting episode 26 and it reached the level of a national drama.

On the 18th QSD episode 26 was broadcast where Kim Yushin's passion & love for great cause, assumed & would risk himself only for Deokman, "It is her the king of whom I chose" It notified the real start of season 2. The audience rating rose up to 42% in the whole country by the formation of a new good morality sect that made Deokman a center, and the metropolitan area audience rating rose up to 44.3% very much at a dash. This is a record jumped over by the highest audience rating in oneself as much as 39.5% recorded on the 11th by the numerical value that rises by 3% from 39% that broadcasting on the 17th recorded. Kim Yushin chosing great cause, helping Deokman becoming a King over his love for her. And Deokman's one or two myrmidons (a follower who obeys orders without question) matched the power and attracted viewers eyes.

On the other hand, KBS dramas ' 2009 Hometown legends' recorded 6.3% and SBS drama 'Dream' recorded 5.8% to which the belt was telecast simultaneous.

And check out this Japanese site which has LYW. Isn't she cute in the pictures?

http://contents.innolife.net/listt.php?ai_id=1489

Well, that's it & I am very sorry for the long post.

Hi nikachan!!!

big thanks 4 u !! i've download this vid before n i reaally wanna know wad they're talkin n laughting at...

i see.... that's what they say... Hahahhaha.... that's why they're burst at laught!!! esp. LYW.. hahah.. her laugh is very cute! hahha

You are very welcome ninimi. I enjoyed that video too especially when you understand what they were saying. It's really funny & so cute of them get so shy & laughing so hard about it when asking foreigners to watch their drama or movie. Their laughs were so magnetizing...hahaha! I love watching that part so much.

Oh thx nikachan for the info. Wow, only in satellite but it's already quite popular. I guess it's because you know, QSD story is very much like RPG manga, so maybe clicked well with Japanese audience. I personally wanna see it become manga or even anime :P Yes, in innolife web LYW is cute, I still can read it haha. But that search web make my head hurt 'coz of all the difficult Kanji's.

What about the popularity for characters? Who's QSD charas that most popular in Japan?

And check out this Japanese site which has LYW. Isn't she cute in the pictures?

http://contents.innolife.net/listt.php?ai_id=1489

Well, that's it & I am very sorry for the long post.

yihaaaa.. so cute!! whad was she at that photo?? i can't guess... coz LYW is even younger than her age... still cute like teenager, whereas having a daughter... xixixiixx

@ nikachan

yeaaaah..... the video is so funny espicially with the cartoon n letters that appears, n i do really like the part when LYW says to Yujin while laughing with a very cute voice, then i know what she said was "good Morning, Good morning!! heeeeaa... Gooood Morning" hahahaha

What about the popularity for characters? Who's QSD charas that most popular in Japan?

It's hard to tell Cahya, everyone seems to like the drama so much & just enjoying it. There were some who says he/she likes this character but I could not tell who is more popular... it's balance I think. Besides LYW just came out...this week episode is Deokman being tortured. So basically they have only seen LYW in nangdo training days & during the war...not so much yet ne. There were many comments however about the voices that dubbed the original characters...many were not satisfied about it.