@vaiduakhu

I’m more into good story line rather than just romance.  Something that is compelling written, like Queen Seondeok would be nice.  Here’s hoping for her comeback by summer in any genre and I’ll be there.

I know Samecut jumped on 3 ships in 49 Days and Yanki was for Song-Song couple.  Did you root any pair?  I didn’t mind how it ended.

@yanki

That's her new car which we saw previously.

• Like 1

Many viewers say Pretty Noon has not just skin-ship but good story so far; and potentially sad ending. So, @samecut123 be prepared, something too sweet at the beginning may end up hurtful :lol:

My taste for Korean drama is LYW's only (is it weird?), so I usually don't bring myself to watch other dramas...

QSD, I didn't have any ship in 49 days, but I like LYW-BSB's tense love-hate chemistry the most, but I didn't really ship them. Only Hang Kang's fan and BSB's fan shipped them with LYW, JIW's fan and neutral fan all sank in Song-song ship. 

22 hours ago, yanki said:

Is that blue car her old car? old is that the new one we saw from Ig before? I am so happy that LYW made an IG account, we at least get some updates from her lol. And can I just say how amazing her husband is for giving her as much freedom as she wants :-o If I didn't know she was married I would've think that she's still single.

I am still hoping she will do a drama this year, a romcom is possible.

Does your beloved KNG have IG account? 

I just hope she will star in any genre soon... guess I'm too desperate: being picky from detective - lawyer - prosecutor genre to whatever genre she likes (even cheesy rom-com), just come back, please! My entertainment life is so drought... I'm only following The Voice US now. 

I think at this stage of her career, LYW doesn't really have strategy in building popularity, does she? She just likes acting and playing the roles she wants to. I see that after a project ends up popular, other actors will star in new projects as soon as possible to get advantage of the success of their previous project, but LYW doesn't... she takes a long rest, travels around. She rarely attends public events nowadays too. And variety is not a thing to her (the only show she did is Running Man). Sometimes, I get jealous with fan of other actors... they are blessed with project after project from their fav. Aigoo... guess she wants to save her fan's time from fangirl-ing so much; and wants us to focus on our work/study. :lol:

It has a good story for me. It's a little bit near reality story about noona-dongsaang romance. I think it will tackle issues in its future episodes. But now, it's still in the sweet moments. It's kinda boring if you're into dramatic plots though. :)

As for me, I love watching kdramas... I usually choose based on the cast or the story. I still have so many dramas to watch. If I don't watch on-going dramas, I watch old dramas if I have free time. :D

Yup! I love all the LYW ships in 49Days.LOL I think that's when I've become a fan of her. So, after that, I made sure I watch all her dramas/movies which I haven't finished yet.

1 hour ago, QSD said:

I’m more into good story line rather than just romance.  Something that is compelling written, like Queen Seondeok would be nice.  Here’s hoping for her comeback by summer in any genre and I’ll be there.

I know Samecut jumped on 3 ships in 49 Days and Yanki was for Song-Song couple.  Did you root any pair?  I didn’t mind how it ended.

Same here. Although in QSD case I wouldn't mind a bit more scenes for Bideok as long as they are not as cheesy as the ones I saw after Deokman became a Queen.

That was also one of the things I didn't like from SFD, I thought that drama would've been perfect without romance.

That's why I liked ASC and hoped that they wouldn't put romance in the story.

There were some dramas that I liked too but I couldn't re-watch them as much as I did with QSD and Empress Ki.

In 49 days my ship was Song-Song couple but I also like the psychiatrist since he care for her and I got a bit tempted to ship her with the antagonist guy when he was starting to like her but since he was a bad person I stick with Song-Song.

Just now, vaiduakhu said:

Does your beloved KNG have IG account? 

KNG became very very private more private than LYW. He do not have any IG account nor does he appear anywhere after a drama or project, he had a FB account that he made after he returned from his military service but he no longer update that, he said he's not interesting in those things. With LYW we at least get some pictures from fans who saw her somewhere but with KNG? not even a shadow! Can you imagine the torture? some of his fans are so loyal though.. some just moved on after a while.

I just imagine he's hiding in a cave.

Just now, vaiduakhu said:

think at this stage of her career, LYW doesn't really have strategy in building popularity, does she? She just likes acting and playing the roles she wants to.

I am not sure if it's just me... but I thought LYW lost her passion in acting after QSD. I think back then she really wanted to prove herself in terms of acting but now it seems just doing it because she like it. Maybe she just don't want to work so hard only to get criticized anymore? But maybe just my imagination lol.

Finally, I started EOG re-watching... and first ep is so so tensely good. I think the drama was underrated at the time of its airing. If it were aired in Korea now when Gov corruption and chaebol groups' manipulation in the economy and politics are hot topic there, maybe it would get the popularity it deserves. 

I forget almost all details though, lol... :lol: this is my first re-watching after its on-air time. I only remember the main characters and who are CSY's enemies and hidden enemies.  

Duh, I get why QSD can't forgive TJ... this man made my blood boil at the very beginning of ep1. How could he ask the woman, who loved him deeply, to sell her body to the bastard Congressman? then seduced her to take the crime charge for him? and I believe he will make my blood boil more in upcoming eps.

Many things I was confused at in ep1:

1. What was the negotiation which Min Jae was so concerned abt when it was broken off by SY's dad? it was the negotiation abt the old building which TJ's dad and other protesters were trying to get full compensation back? 

2. why before the shareholder meeting, CSY ordered her assistant to cut off all the communication lines to the meeting room, but Min Jae could call the doctor to ask abt her Dad's health status? that doctor was corrupted too...  

3. were MJ and SY's step-mom already on the same boat when SY's dad was in ICU after his brain operation? they both acted so smoothly about "unable to send a plane to France to pick up the doctors because plane is used for business purpose only as Chairman's command". Duh... 

Admit the drama went a bit too fast... my brain couldn't get used to its speed yet. :D 

In overall, I had a good time, didn't think the rewatching could be this interesting. Btw, I prefer SY's hairstyle in ep1 than hers after she took over her dad's power. They wanted to do a transforming in her character from a daddy girl to a sophisticating businesswoman? 

3 hours ago, yanki said:

I am not sure if it's just me... but I thought LYW lost her passion in acting after QSD. I think back then she really wanted to prove herself in terms of acting but now it seems just doing it because she like it. Maybe she just don't want to work so hard only to get criticized anymore? But maybe just my imagination lol.

Rather than losing her passion in acting, I think she loses her passion in gaining more popularity by appearing frequently at public events or on TV. I can feel her effors in proving her acting ability by trying various types of characters after QSD. 

I think she's at the career stage of IDGAF abt public's critisizing comments, and only does what she wanna do. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Finally, I started EOG re-watching... and first ep is so so tensely good. I think the drama was underrated at the time of its airing. If it were aired in Korea now when Gov corruption and chaebol groups' manipulation in the economy and politics are hot topic there, maybe it would get the popularity it deserves

I agree, it deserved more recognition because it was really good and it's also one of my favorite dramas of LYW. I think that was one of the best roles and acting.

Duh, I get why QSD can't forgive TJ... this man made my blood boil at the very beginning of ep1. How could he ask the woman, who loved him deeply, to sell her body to the bastard Congressman? t

Omg. I hated that man as well! I feel sorry for the woman but she should've just really stay away from him.

Rather than losing her passion in acting, I think she loses her passion in gaining more popularity by appearing frequently at public events or on TV.

You may be right. She says she had thoughts that maybe if she didn't marry early, she would've been a top star already but QSD made her feel that popularity.

Argh! I just watched this show "Let's eat" and they went to the place where old capital of Silla was. They were talking about the place where they were going and one of the host was talking about the Silla and the other host finally got it that it was Queen Seondeok but he said "Go Hyun Jung!" his co-host had to correct him by saying Yes but Queen Seondeok but Lee Yo Won though, not GHJ.

I was so annoyed at that host lol.

20 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

@samecut123

My taste for Korean drama is LYW's only (is it weird?), so I usually don't bring myself to watch other dramas...

QSD, I didn't have any ship in 49 days, but I like LYW-BSB's tense love-hate chemistry the most, but I didn't really ship them. Only Hang Kang's fan and BSB's fan shipped them with LYW, JIW's fan and neutral fan all sank in Song-song ship. 

Same here.  I don’t watch anything without the VIP’s presence.  I just don’t have any interest at all.  Even the popular Pretty Noona couldn’t lure me in with all types of romances gracing the screen that people are on cloud 9 about.  I don’t care what drama she would take up next for as long she’s back, then I’m satisfied.  I’m not picky, Your Majesty!

I also love the interaction between LYW-BSB.  It's intense.

13 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Many things I was confused at in ep1:

1. What was the negotiation which Min Jae was so concerned abt when it was broken off by SY's dad? it was the negotiation abt the old building which TJ's dad and other protesters were trying to get full compensation back? 

2. why before the shareholder meeting, CSY ordered her assistant to cut off all the communication lines to the meeting room, but Min Jae could call the doctor to ask abt her Dad's health status? that doctor was corrupted too...  

3. were MJ and SY's step-mom already on the same boat when SY's dad was in ICU after his brain operation? they both acted so smoothly about "unable to send a plane to France to pick up the doctors because plane is used for business purpose only as Chairman's command". Duh...

If I’m not wrong, it was revealed later in more details in the ep where Min Jae was about to getting married with the other woman.  But his father was trying to stop him to visit his wife first coz she had passed away on the same day as the wedding.  Then Min Jae got mad with his father saying it’s all his faults.

Yeah, they didn’t cut the communication lines correctly.  Just immerse in suspension of disbelief more.

MJ and the Stepmom are on the same boat to the viewers but I don’t think Min Jae knows about the secretary that helping him is actually working for her.

In around ep 6, the secretary was sneaking around talking to her on the phone about capitalizing the stocks.  I forgot how he didn’t work with Min Jae anymore later and going back to her instead.  I haven’t done re-watching yet.

12 hours ago, yanki said:

I agree, it deserved more recognition because it was really good and it's also one of my favorite dramas of LYW. I think that was one of the best roles and acting.

You may be right. She says she had thoughts that maybe if she didn't marry early, she would've been a top star already but QSD made her feel that popularity.

Argh! I just watched this show "Let's eat" and they went to the place where old capital of Silla was. They were talking about the place where they were going and one of the host was talking about the Silla and the other host finally got it that it was Queen Seondeok but he said "Go Hyun Jung!" his co-host had to correct him by saying Yes but Queen Seondeok but Lee Yo Won though, not GHJ.

I was so annoyed at that host lol.

Yeah, if taking aside SBDH _ my ultimate and untouchable favourite, EOG has the best story-line in LYW's modern drama list. 49 days is beautiful but a bit dreamy, while EOG is meaningful and realistic. 

I think if LYW didn't get married early, she would be more popular than she is now. She would star in trendy dramas, attend more public events and appear in reality shows in TV... However, for me, she has a perfect life now, with hubby, kids and free lifestyle. What's with the popularity if you are lonely and maybe trapped in the dark side of entertainment industry? 

Stop watching that show, duh! how dared the host not know who starred QSD? drop the show, yanki! :D jk

I laughed hard at your story. I'm also a bit childish when it comes to LYW. A friend who is GHJ biased, and kept commenting GHJ was the ace of QSD, then I un-friended her immediately. Sorry, my bad ... ^_^

58 minutes ago, vaiduakhu said:

Stop watching that show, duh! how dare the host didn't know who starred QSD? drop the show, yanki! :D jk

Yeah I didn't watched the whole show because I was annoyed. And every time I see that host I remember that so I get annoyed lol.

Here

https://www1.ondramanice.io/lets-eat-dinner-together/watch-lets-eat-dinner-together-episode-61-online

You do not need to watch the whole show just the few minutes intro the scene I was talking about was around 1:30, he said "Go Hyun Jung! It's Go Hyun Jung! Queen Seondeok"

@QSD

Wow where is that Museum? I would love to see that in person.

• LOL 2

I finished ep2... so so good. Why this drama didn't get high rating? LYW didn't appear much in ep2 but I still enjoyed it a lot.

I think there is a hole in the story in ep2. SY and her assistant knew MJ was doing the massive land purchasing and what would be going on next after he finished purchasing, however, why they didn't do anything to stop the land purchasing? for examples, like TJ, they could find the land owners and purchased few slots to break MJ's plan... they had 1 week, and I believe with SY's power and money, she could easily find the land owners and purchased some land slots. Too bad, they didn't do that and created opportunity for TJ to attend the negotiation table where he was in upper hand. 

I feel so mad at almost everyone in the drama right now. Yong Jae's dad, MJ, SY's dad all gave "helping" hands to put YJ into the prison and cause his death after that. Of course, it was his fault (stock manipulation) too, but did they really need to push their blood-related person (son, younger bro, and nephew) to the corner and made him kill himself? only because of power and money... they didn't value other ppl's lives, but they should at least protect their blood-related's lives.  

I don't like Sung Jae (SY's younger brother) in ep2. He was an adult, he could make decision for himself and judge who was sincerely nice to him (SY and her dad), but he accepted to be a puppet of his Mom, and did whatever she asked him to do. 

Ok, TJ's Sunbae more or less deserved her punishment in ep1. She contributed to create a heartless monster (TJ), she must take responsibility. I like MJ's motto "I call for it, I will take responsibility".:lol:

I can't understand the rich. If I were their kid, I would live a life like SY's older sister: be naive and stay away from the war, my inheritance were enough. :D SY's older sister enjoyed life the most among them. She had quite a healthy and care-free life, haha. 

Yanki, sorry I don’t know where.  I’m pretty sure you could find out from the tourist info center if you go there someday though.

Vaiduakhu, since EOG is dealing with so much businesses, it’s inevitable there would be plot holes along the way.  However, it’s still good to watch as it unfolding the changes of events in thrilling fashion.  I concur the drama talks a lot about strategies that made my head spinning sometimes.  I don’t know what they talking about anymore.  Perhaps I need to sharpen up my brain cells a bit.

Regarding to EOG, notice initially Seo Yoon didn’t have any shares in Sung Jin Group until the Chairman gave her his in the story later, unlike her siblings or cousin who already have had in possessions from the start.  Here are the distributions of each character that relating to Seo Yoon.

Dong Sung 10% - her father

Jung Hee 8% - her stepmom

Sung Jae 4% - her stepbrother

Won Jae 7% - her brother

Jung Yoon 3% - her sister

Dong Hui 3% - her brother-in-law

Min Jae 7% - her cousin

It is interesting Dong Hui has some stocks for himself but not SY.  Perhaps the writer had intended to emphasize strongly about her character. 

When talking about recapitalizing the stocks in SJ Constructions to doubling their shares in the Group, I wonder does it mean now SY has 20% (her father gave her 10% in recapitalization)in the SJ Cement from there on.  I’ve watched up to where Dong Sung is in serious health in a hospital, around ep 8-9.

I need verification for Won Jae's shares.  I'm not sure I got it right and I couldn't find where I've heard the info from.

Aigoo, the share % alone gives me headache already. I'm just at ep2, will try to catch up with you. Which ep are you at? 

I'm going on trip till next week, hopefully, I can manage to finish some more episodes. 

In ep2, SY apparently didn't wanna involve in the Group. After her Dad's operation was successful and Young Jae died, she wanted to further her study (PhD) and stay away from the family for a while. Her Dad even told her step-Mom to ask her to stay and help the company. So, I think it's that why she didn't have any share to herself, while others all wanted a piece of the Group. 

On 21/4/2018 at 12:58 PM, QSD said:

Golden Goose Silver Glitter Superstar Sneakers – 450 USD

This is the first kind of art form that I’ve ever seen.  It’s quite unique.

It's kinda abstract arts, I guess. After Night Light where she traded paintings, LYW seems to be interested a lot in arts. :lol:

I visited some art galleries early this year, and couldn't comprehend how some arrangements were called masterpiece of arts and the meanings hidden behind them. I somehow understand why LYW likes visiting art galleries that much. I find them very intriguing. 

PS: If I had a same pair of sneakers, my Mom would try to clean the "dirt" off the sneakers while scolding me. ^_^

• Like 2

That's also what I remember from that, she didn't really want to get involved in the business and the whole time she was living in this belief that her family was fine and happy (or maybe that's just what she wanted to believe). She just decided to accept it later on and get involve after their father passed away and the family started to get divided and showed their true colors of being selfish and greedy for power. So in order to keep their family together, she decided to get involved and become the most powerful so that her family once again will be able to act like family again.

Her family was a bit similar to Mishil's family in QSD, when Mishil died - all of them got out of control and acted for themselves. In this drama, it was their father that kept the whole family intact and kept them in check about their power and greed so when their father died, they started to show their true colors and intention and SY had to bear the responsibility of keeping the family intact just like what her father did but it wasn't easy because she finally realized the truth about them and knew that the face they showed was just a facade.

I should watch this drama more once I am no longer as busy.

• Like 2