Maybe I didn’t pay much attention back then when watching her old works but I don’t recall if I’ve ever noticed her exaggeration performance in any project.  Yowon to me is more of the gentle expressions of emotions through her inner thoughts with subtle changes on her face, gesture, posture, walking, or her tone of speeches when delivering the lines, rather than the kind of portraying explosive showy scenes like screaming, yelling, stomping, or over the top performances of comical types.

uc?export=view&id=1rE1aNIWn2BO4sZP1d4xI7

uc?export=view&id=1iEYSUOhLj10ugrD0Yr7aI

uc?export=view&id=1I69GIfKoVMD9uOEpSFjb_

Spoiler

uc?export=view&id=18HR-vZs2RddMnsw0flHR1

I looked into EOG and NL for the pajamas/sleepwear and I found that only NL has a pajama, whereas EOG has 4 dresses/skirts for bedtime.  It seems either EOG or ASC has the most sleepwear.  I supposed they are number 42, 62, 72, and 98 in EOG and 28 in NL.  The CEO is workaholic and she doesn’t need sleep.

• Love 1

Yeah, that's why I said I think it's in the direction (by directors) and I chose "kinda" word for her xD

I happened to watch a lot of Korean dramas in early to mid 2000s because I was roped by my brother a lot to watch Asian dramas on TV and DVDs lol (but I wonder why I never came across Yowon, even though my bro watched SBDH :crazy: poor me...)

While I didn't really notice the trends back then, as I was still an elementary kid, I later did, and it also can be seen by seeing Yowon's dramas alone.

Ah, I probably should've said it's mid 2000s lol because in early 2000s, the demand seemed to be mostly on melo, like Blue Mist, Pure Love, Daemang.

Then in mid 2000s, the demand shifted to rom-com, which that's where OTT acting came to place (and why BL had low reception for not fitting in the trend).

Yowon didn't do as much as some actresses I saw, but I could see she's still directed to do it in F70s and SBDH to an extent. However within the same period, she's on her track for movies WRMD and May 18. That's why I assumed that's in the directors and trends more than herself.

I actually felt she wasn't that comfortable to do fragile and comical acts back then, and her absolute strength was in more serious roles. It's not just in 2010s, but she'd also shown it when she's younger in early 2000s dramas and movies. She really had big potential at her age then, to showcase what she's capable of :D (her roles in late '90s were minor roles, so there wasn't much to see, but she'd never been bad either)

That's also why I really love her Junghye portrayal. She developed her fragile and comical acts more naturally, so it's a great balance with her serious act.

I still love other characters of hers though :rolleyes:

But where's her long overdue daesang :((

2 hours ago, QSD said:

Hide contents

I looked into EOG and NL for the pajamas/sleepwear and I found that only NL has a pajama, whereas EOG has 4 dresses/skirts for bedtime.  It seems either EOG or ASC has the most sleepwear.  I supposed they are number 42, 62, 72, and 98 in EOG and 28 in NL.  The CEO is workaholic and she doesn’t need sleep.

Whoa did you compile those :O

That's really amazingly dedicated to do that :w00t:

Yeah, I didn't even remember ever seeing CEO's bedroom. The times I remembered she slept were on the chair and sofa loool

Ah, there's more casual outfits in Ms. Temper too, right?

Though still, I love Junghye's wardrobe the most B)

About EOG, I found it a bit weird seeing the short hair at first, but I grew fond of it the more I saw it haha she fit the short hair, and looked especially stunning on the awards event (also I found out she was pregnant then :O).

It's nice to have someone to talk about Yowon with :lol: there's a Twitter friend who likes her too, and actually recommended me to watch NL back then, but she's in the middle of getting to know about other actress right now (though it's an actress I like too lol).

You probably are more expert than me regarding to the trends in dramas and what’s not.  I’m mostly living under the rock to this point.  At first I wasn’t used to her short hair in EOG also as I’ve been fond of her long hair.  Nevertheless, she can still look sophisticated with her pretty face.

Yes, I did compile the lists of her outfits in EOG & NL.  Working on ASC then maybe MT next or something else.  Yeah, I think the clothes in MT are more casual if I remember correctly.

uc?export=view&id=1Aasfh8MK5-1nJ2dKx5Ban

Looking cool in shades and long coat.  Plus, nice ponytail.

Oh, what year did you get into K-dramas? I didn't really watch much in recent years, so I wouldn't really know the trend haha

I just watched a lot in my childhood, so I could see the similarity of the themes around those times.

Now with more productions in cable channels and web platforms, it's just impossible to catch up, so I'm mostly selective by looking at the casts, in which Yowon is now added to my preference list :lol:

38 minutes ago, QSD said:

Yes, I did compile the lists of her outfits in EOG & NL.  Working on ASC then maybe MT next or something else.  Yeah, I think the clothes in MT are more casual if I remember correctly.

Looking cool in shades and long coat.  Plus, nice ponytail.

You're really amazing!! It's great to see her styles in drama like this :D gj!

She's so eye-catching to pick a student up at school. Who wouldn't gather attention when they look that cool B)

I read some Korean comments also complimented how pretty she was in ponytail :wub: 

But I can't choose what hairstyle I like the most from her hmm

Oh, I accidentally signed in with different Google account lol :sweatingbullets: hope it won't be a problem.

Edited by sillys11

In 2010 was when I first started watching Kdrama QSD religiously, however, I didn’t really see anything else much besides her projects.  Just not interested viewing other series.  I guess I’m very selective to whom I want to watch.  One day I accidently saw a beautiful poster of QSD then I clicked.  Now you know how Her Majesty stealing my heart to this day.

spacer.png

Sometimes even the kid is more mature than Junghye.

Whoa you're really hooked to Her Majesty only, and so dedicated and loyal too on top of it! That's great.

I've never seen anyone around me who watch K-dramas, including me, to only like one actor/actress. There might be one whom we like over the others, but we still like the others much too lol

But well, she sure is very captivating :D

3 hours ago, QSD said:

She has two drunk scenes in ASC and both are adorable and funny.

Junghye was learning to curse XD

I actually hoped there's bts of the drunk scenes, but sadly none.

She's always embarrassed when she's asked to do aegyo, but she definitely can do adorable scenes so naturally!

Ahh but I saw a fancam of her reenacting Junghye in an event, shy and all haha

She's really full of charms.

I was amazed too at the drunk scene with Heesoo, that she could produce those tears, even though it's not a sad scene lol

Then I saw some Korean comments being amazed at how she can fold herself flexibly, and at how long her legs are :lol:

• Like 1

Perhaps there’s meaning behind her tears in that scene with Heesoo.  I remember the director saying something like although some sequences in ASC could look funny, there are sad attributes beneath.  Probably Junghye feels so much love and caring from Do Hee like real unnie, as opposed to her halfblooded sister who didn’t treat her well and even disregarded her as a family member.

Talking about tears, one of the main reasons why I love watching Yowon’s projects.  She’s absolutely incredible in sad/crying scenes.  Her shedding looks naturally flowing down not just a few drops on the cheeks, at times dripping below her chin.  It’s amazing and captivating to watch.

spacer.png

Happy group.

Ohh I didn't know about the director saying that, but it is interesting how the two well-off women actually had more psychologically miserable past than Dohee. Like, even Misook was an orphan who lacked love and care.

It's really understandable in later episodes of why Junghye got clingy to the unnies, she didn't even know her birth mother and she's ghosted by everyone in the house. She never had a chance to be like other kids. Too bad the episodes were just 12 haha

I wished we could see more about the past. Many viewers did ask for a second season :P

And yes, her tears did captivate me too. I actually got really immersed to her acting on QSD when Princess Chunmyung passed away. Her bawling looked so natural, and it seems she didn't care about how she looked when she cried. I saw there were mixed responses about that particular scenes, but she awed me right there and then.

24 minutes ago, QSD said:

Her debut cooking with the uncut onion.

Junghye never failed to make us adore her :lol:

spacer.png

That’s right!  Junghye is longing for affection from her unnies, especially Do Hee.  Here she wants Do Hee to caressing her head like how Do Hee rubbing on her daughter with tender care.  The whole sequence between them in the spa is cute & funny on the surface, however, it’s not the case for Junghye’s sentiment.  She is yearning for that love and caring for so long.  It’s consistent with what the director had in mind for these particular scenes.

• Love 1

It did make me feel sad too. How envious Junghye was to see such close-knit mother-daughter bond in front of her.

But she looks like a big baby XD

It's not hard to love her <3

Btw, I wonder if she has interest in fantasy/mythical theme. There's a surge of that theme in the past few years, moreover with webtoons are getting more adaptations. I think she'd look fantastic as some celestial beings/deities :rolleyes:

Her sailor moon cosplay in MT made me wonder that lol

Not sure about her interest in fantasy/mythical genre.  I know she wants to do something like psychological thriller with bipolar personalities or maybe crime force/lawyer theme.  Fantasy is not my cup of tea but I would love to see her as some kind of heavenly goddess wearing costume clothes similar to The Three Kingdoms' era in QSD.  Although 49 Days also has some fantasy elements, I love the drama.  Its great theme teaching life lessons to love and live to the fullest so when the time comes we have no regrets whatsoever.

spacer.png

Learning how to curse from unnie.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Revisiting this drunk scene it’s all connected from where Junghye having a party with Dohee and Mishook talking at the table.  She asked Dohee if she can call her unnie.  And that was the first time she’s ever called someone as such.  It means Junghye was never allowed to address her half sister unnie in adulthood life, at least.  The middle gif where Junghye shedding several tears is right after her calling unnie, probably is not just coincident.  Junghye has long desire for a sister like Dohee that she wants to "buy” from Heesoo in later part.  It’s funny scene, then again, there’s sad element shedding on Junghye’s background.  

11 hours ago, QSD said:

Not sure about her interest in fantasy/mythical genre.  I know she wants to do something like psychological thriller with bipolar personalities or maybe crime force/lawyer theme.

Oooh was that one of the reasons why she accepted Running Mates? Even though it's about human rights, but OCN is commonly known to make dramas of crime themes. I enjoyed that one too. It's a perspective that's not showcased often.

8 hours ago, QSD said:

Junghye has long desire for a sister like Dohee that she wants to ‘buy” from Heesoo in later part.  It’s funny scene, then again, there’s sad element shedding on Junghye’s background.  

Another point taken is that I also felt a sense of longing when Junghye saw the children, because she couldn't have her own. As much as she wanted a sister and mother like Dohee, she also wanted a child, who can unconditionally love her. A child felt like the last chance for her to get some real love (before she met the team). Iirc, I think she also said how good it was for Dohee to have a son like Heesoo.

I actually didn't really get what her condition was, did she have a miscarriage or she wasn't able to have a child at all? The world is unfair to Junghye :(

Maybe it’s one of the reasons why she did RM.  It think it’s actually not just about human rights violations.  It could lead to serious crime when there’s killer involved, such as that guy who had murdered of her two family members.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Correct.  Junghye saying in her thoughts that Dohee must be so happy to have a son like Heesoo in the ramen scene above, and vice versa Junghye in the third gif of previous post saying Dohee is his mom, so he must be happy to have a mom like Dohee.

spacer.png

I guess she got miscarriage first, then couldn’t bear child anymore according to the first episode where Junghye and Byung Soo in the baby room talking about it.  Also, in this installment 5 there’s gossiping around in the clinic/hospital saying she’s infertile.

9 hours ago, QSD said:

Maybe it’s one of the reasons why she did RM.  It think it’s actually not just about human rights violations.  It could lead to serious crime when there’s killer involved, such as that guy who had murdered of her two family members.

I actually wanted to see more of it, because it's so intriguing when it touched on the human rights of criminals and how they have to decide subjectively. But too bad the rating was low, and it seemed they cut down the number of episodes? It just seemed rushed regarding the disclosure of her father and sister's deaths, like the show was supposed to tell more about it, but they had to end it soon. It's weird if the rush ending was the original plan.

I had experienced one or two OCN shows being cut short too, so I wasn't that surprised if that's the situation :sweatingbullets: 

4 hours ago, QSD said:

Her bold idea cut *it* off.

The brilliance of Junghye :D

But it's no wonder, as we got to know more about her, why she's so socially detached. While she's all well-behaved and well-mannered because of the pressure, she's constantly scrutinized since she was a kid until adult, like in the hospital. The only sort of interaction she had were probably with house staffs, that's why she had a tendency to talk condescendingly lol

She's only "acknowledged" when they had use of her, like the business marriage.

Yowon really did well to portray such internal complexity.

The case that guy killed her loved ones is interesting.  He’s a bit creepy though.  They actually did cut down some episodes. 

spacer.png

Yeah, Junghye doesn’t know much outside her world, like ramen, instant coffee, and social life. 

Here she didn’t know she would offend Dohee by saying she looks poor.  And her justification that’s how Dohee really looks.