Nikachan2008, yeah, they (including SYK) do some illegal business transactions, disguised under legal forms (like charity or art selling/buying). A part of SYK's dad's business was shark lending, and SYK's duty was collecting the interest. 
Don't be shocked. It's pretty normal for businessmen to do that... business is after all not a charity, it's all for profit (even charity is profitable, trust me!), no one is 100% clean in business world. 
Btw,  @ranz, we're correct when guessing SYK's notebook is debt-collecting record, not love poem nor painting. SYK is not the typical girl who does romantic thing, haha :lol:

QSD, I'm so bored that most of int'l fan is so behind the drama's progress. DDS's sub for ep3&4 seems slower than last week. I don't complain because it's fan subbing, they do it out of courtesy... look like only few int'l fans (like me and you) understand what's going on in ep3 & 4. I start to question MBC's marketing strategy when signing exclusive contract with Netflix. So far, they seem to not sell the drama to other Asian countries like they do with their other ongoing dramas. "thank" to it, this drama loses Int'l popularity. I don't understand... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nikachan2008 said:

This is just so adorable.. :wub:     

So sorry for quoting, I tried to copy paste but I couldn't.

Imagine her young prince at home watching the queen on TV, how much more adorable that is!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

QSD, I'm so bored that most of int'l fan is so behind the drama's progress. DDS's sub for ep3&4 seems slower than last week. I don't complain because it's fan subbing, they do it out of courtesy... look like only few int'l fans (like me and you) understand what's going on in ep3 & 4. I start to question MBC's marketing strategy when signing exclusive contract with Netflix. So far, they seem to not sell the drama to other Asian countries like they do with their other ongoing dramas. "thank" to it, this drama loses Int'l popularity. I don't understand... 

Lucky us we can still watch.  Besides a few other nationalities, I know it must have been frustrating for the rest of the international fans to not able to see this drama.  I’m not sure of MBC’s strategy, but Netflix probably has offered a ton of money to them to not even sell rights to any other country - at least to cover all the production costs and quite a profit, if not a lot.  Perhaps Night Light is the first collaborating project between them at the moment, eventually they would do more in the future if Netflix likes what they see from their business standpoint.

Most of Netflix subscribers are from the US and Europe so I think they trying to expand to Asia market now, and what’s better way to invest in other than KDrama for being well-known to worldwide already.  I don’t know exactly how they could accomplish the goal.  To me, I think they might achieve it by having the drama streaming the day after its broadcast or few days max, and providing with multiple languages subs.  Have a great team of subbers to subbing around the clock.  There’re only 2 episodes a week, assuming only one drama.  They could still do it let say 5 selective shows from 3 big stations, TVN and JTBC.

It’s interesting to see how this venture turns out for them.  I’m curious to know what made their decision to choosing Night Light in the first place.  Did they like what they see from it, during the production or the story and its conclusion?

• Like 1

QSD, maybe this drama has Western vibe: cruel business in reality. Beside expanding their market to Asian, Netflix must please their current markets first (US and Europe). 

I really don't know abt other Kdramas besides LYW's... but I feel many of them are... silly, with impractical and ideal scenarios. I tried to watch trendy dramas back then like "moon embracing the sun" or "he who comes from the star" or "the heirs" and gave up very fast, because I couldn't stand irrational stories. Western ppl are more pragmatic and down-to-earth. They like brainy stories, probably... what is the taste of ppl in your place for TV series? 

• Like 2

Night Light does have Western vibes, badass character is one.  People love it.  Probably business jargons and maybe womence also.  Generally the viewers here like criminal, medical, political thriller, sci-fi, action, espionage, and sitcoms/comedy shows, not so much on something like a rich chaebol guy helping a poor girl type.  The taste is quite different but I think people like to see sageuk also.  A few years ago I saw QSD on Netflix, and it got great reviews, 4.5 stars out of 5.  I should have checked how many subs it had but didn’t bother that time.

• Like 2

On Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 0:09 AM, ranz said:

I tried to be patient by not opening this forum, but survived only a few hours ..:sweatingbullets:

Its feels like MBC wants to kill us slowly.  God please show us your miracle ..:bawling:

But thank you ladies , joke about the queen skirt really quite entertaining :lol:

About the night light , SYK its too gentle more gentle than the man who pays LSJ to be his girlfriend, Heh seems like this is the beginning of a calculation error by recruiting LSJ. and SYK may soon be realized when all she had fallen into the hands of LSJ. However money can be found . but her first love , the feeling that she kept tightly for a few years... what she would do if she had to lose it ? ke..ke..ke ..

I also noticed the photo section 3 man in 1988, trying to guess who else was in that picture ?

And yaaa.. After TGQSD and Ms Temper now There's another  bathtub scene from our Queen in Night light .. Huaaahahaha.. 

but just like you all, until this 2 episode my favorite scenes is this one .. 

Actually, my first thought on seeing this video was what is choongil from Six Flying Dragons doing here? :blink: he's now the gangster facing LYW, you see ;)

Sorry to digress,  but I have been spending a looong time watching Six Flying Dragons, and am down to the last 10 episodes, so I haven't walked out of that world yet.

But overall, I have been hearing good things about Night Light so far, just that besides lack of time to catch the show on my side, the subs are really slow in getting out.   Oh well, it's a good chance to clear other drama backlog while they catch up with the subs. ;)

• Like 1

On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 0:44 PM, QSD said:

201611_%EC%8B%9C%EC%84%B8%EC%9D%B4%EB%8F201611_%EC%8B%9C%EC%84%B8%EC%9D%B4%EB%8F

Go here for lots of other bts images.

Really like this photo shoot.  LYW really looks best with light makeup.  This is what makeup is supposed to do - accentuate your natural features, not give you a painted face as an end result. 

• Like 4

On Sunday, December 04, 2016 at 2:23 PM, QSD said:

Lucky us we can still watch.  Besides a few other nationalities, I know it must have been frustrating for the rest of the international fans to not able to see this drama.  I’m not sure of MBC’s strategy, but Netflix probably has offered a ton of money to them to not even sell rights to any other country - at least to cover all the production costs and quite a profit, if not a lot.  Perhaps Night Light is the first collaborating project between them at the moment, eventually they would do more in the future if Netflix likes what they see from their business standpoint.

Most of Netflix subscribers are from the US and Europe so I think they trying to expand to Asia market now, and what’s better way to invest in other than KDrama for being well-known to worldwide already.  I don’t know exactly how they could accomplish the goal.  To me, I think they might achieve it by having the drama streaming the day after its broadcast or few days max, and providing with multiple languages subs.  Have a great team of subbers to subbing around the clock.  There’re only 2 episodes a week, assuming only one drama.  They could still do it let say 5 selective shows from 3 big stations, TVN and JTBC.

It’s interesting to see how this venture turns out for them.  I’m curious to know what made their decision to choosing Night Light in the first place.  Did they like what they see from it, during the production or the story and its conclusion?

@ QSD, yes, Netflix is trying to expand to Asia but their strategy is primarily to market Western content.  Right now I keep seeing adverts for the show about queen Elizabeth II on my Facebook page. Other times Netflix would flash some of its other Western content in its adverts.

As an Asian viewer, I will never subscribe to Netflix just to watch kdramas, due to so many kdramas being available on file sharing websites or apps such as viu.  Also, it'll be a matter of time before some of them gets picked up for airing on our free to air channels. 

Western content, on the other hand are more rigorously protected, hence these are what people would pay for if they don't have time to trawl the Web or get charged with infringement of copyrights. Right now I'm watching elementary season 3, which aired 2 years ago in 2014, by dint of it being available for download via a Chinese website.  The only downside is that after finishing it, I'll be left hanging dry for season 4, but that's life ~

ALoha... 

lets Start your day with a big smile for the victory of our Queen .. :D

Yiiiihaaaa....

2016112914402573924_1.jpg

◇ Dior 2016 F / W collection style score = standard score '100 points'

☞ The hair 33-point model brushed the 7: 3 girma finely to produce a clean bundled hair.

☞ Make-up & Accessories 35-point eyeliner emphasized eye line and dense burgundy lip showed intense make-up. Instead of challenging trendy styling by layering several bags of different sizes and lengths, the model unified the color of the bag into a wine system, giving it a sense of stability.

☞ The shoe 32-point model wears black leather pumps heel with lace-up detail. The pointed heel that adds a brownish rubber decoration to the footsteps of the shoes added to the fun.

◇ Lee Yo Won style score = '128 points'

☞ Hair 43 points Lee Yo-won unleashed natural wavy hair to double feminine charm.

☞ Make-up & accessories 40 points nude tone makeup adds a neat and tidy charm. Except for the other accessories, the bold rectangular drop earrings were worn to express a simple and sophisticated image.

☞ shoes 45 points The silvery beaded ornaments of the silvery beaded shimmering stiletto heels maximize the feminine charm of Lee Yo-won, revealing his feet with a thin, long legs.

Dior 2016 F / W collection styling dress ... What is the final score?

The Dior model scored 100 points in a black blouse and a burgundy skirt, matching bags and shoes trendy. With a natural hairstyle and modest styling, Lee Yo-won completes his elegant look with 128 points!

Source : http://m.mt.co.kr/renew/view.html?no=2016112914402573924&type=outlink

• Like 3

18 hours ago, QSD said:

Night Light does have Western vibes, badass character is one.  People love it.  Probably business jargons and maybe womence also.  Generally the viewers here like criminal, medical, political thriller, sci-fi, action, espionage, and sitcoms/comedy shows, not so much on something like a rich chaebol guy helping a poor girl type.  The taste is quite different but I think people like to see sageuk also.  A few years ago I saw QSD on Netflix, and it got great reviews, 4.5 stars out of 5.  I should have checked have many subs it had but didn’t bother that time.

Also, I think Western producers put so much reality in the shows (and it's a big difference b/w Asian and Western entertainment products). 

Asian tends to idolise the characters, make them God or Saint for viewers to worship them, while in reality, no one is perfect. The imperfect side is the one making ppl human and attractive IMO. Characters in Western shows are down-to-earth, they are mean, pragmatic, don't wear thick make-up at home, swear here and there... Even some fairy stories (like snow white and the seven dwarfs) were remade into many versions which are more human. 

Historical drama, on the other hand, always has loyal fan who are curious abt what happened in the past in any culture. I have some friends who watch sageuk, whether it's from Eastern or Western... they like the royalty vibe, spirit, rituals... 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ranz said:

ALoha... 

lets Start your day with a big smile for the victory of our Queen .. :D

Yiiiihaaaa....

◇ Dior 2016 F / W collection style score = standard score '100 points'

☞ The hair 33-point model brushed the 7: 3 girma finely to produce a clean bundled hair.

☞ Make-up & Accessories 35-point eyeliner emphasized eye line and dense burgundy lip showed intense make-up. Instead of challenging trendy styling by layering several bags of different sizes and lengths, the model unified the color of the bag into a wine system, giving it a sense of stability.

☞ The shoe 32-point model wears black leather pumps heel with lace-up detail. The pointed heel that adds a brownish rubber decoration to the footsteps of the shoes added to the fun.

◇ Lee Yo Won style score = '128 points'

☞ Hair 43 points Lee Yo-won unleashed natural wavy hair to double feminine charm.

☞ Make-up & accessories 40 points nude tone makeup adds a neat and tidy charm. Except for the other accessories, the bold rectangular drop earrings were worn to express a simple and sophisticated image.

☞ shoes 45 points The silvery beaded ornaments of the silvery beaded shimmering stiletto heels maximize the feminine charm of Lee Yo-won, revealing his feet with a thin, long legs.

Dior 2016 F / W collection styling dress ... What is the final score?

The Dior model scored 100 points in a black blouse and a burgundy skirt, matching bags and shoes trendy. With a natural hairstyle and modest styling, Lee Yo-won completes his elegant look with 128 points!

Source : http://m.mt.co.kr/renew/view.html?no=2016112914402573924&type=outlink

Bias aside, if I'm a customer, I would buy the dress if I see LYW wearing it, and skip the very same dress if I see that model (on your post) wearing it. 

I don't understand fashion, but I like watching fashion shows (VS is my fav, LOL). I watch to enjoy the music, pretty ppl, but never ever  think of wearing  same stuff as them (even if I can afford). The cool, cold or lifeless models give me the thought: "ok, that outfit is definitely not for me". :lol:

Guess this is main reason that brands pay tons of money for celebrities to endorse their products, to make their stuffs come into life.  

• Like 5

On Tuesday, December 06, 2016 at 10:45 AM, vaiduakhu said:

Bias aside, if I'm a customer, I would buy the dress if I see LYW wearing it, and skip the very same dress if I see that model (on your post) wearing it. 

I don't understand fashion, but I like watching fashion shows (VS is my fav, LOL). I watch to enjoy the music, pretty ppl, but never ever  think of wearing  same stuff as them (even if I can afford). The cool, cold or lifeless models give me the thought: "ok, that outfit is definitely not for me". :lol:

Guess this is main reason that brands pay tons of money for celebrities to endorse their products, to make their stuffs come into life.  

Yep agree on the last sentence.

• Like 2

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 9:38 PM, nikachan2008 said:

KlSzpNHe.gif

Nuyn, the queen is so cool here :wub:  Is this part of the drama, Night Life?

Came across this.  I find this a very cool sport, and of course to see a woman doing it makes it doubly sexy!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, anopinion said:

Top 6 high quality Korean dramas with low viewer ratings, Ms. Temper is in the rankings.

See http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/12/top-6-high-quality-korean-dramas-with.html

Ms.Temper is gold, how to describe tricky dirty work world and reality of life on the screne use effective wise words and  simply sliptic joke. My favourite ever.dramas.jpg

• Like 2