12 hours ago, nikachan2008 said:

Thank you QSD. Just wish there's English subtitles to it already.

Thank you for translating the comments of Korean fans or audience. Being an avid Lee YoWon fan it's good to know or read positive comments about her. I hope you will continue to like her and share to us what you get from our queen.

BTW, I've noticed that you also write about Seo Ji Hye. I am happy because I also have a soft spot for her :blush:

It's a holiday here today. I thought I could spend my time today enjoying Night Life, but it's too bad that there's no English subtitles yet. 

I think I just like people I can never be... so female celebs who are tall and beautiful? Lol.

12 hours ago, nikachan2008 said:

In my previous post I asked everyone, What does everybody think of the comment?  Is Dr. Kim really very good? For those who have seen Night Life and maybe Dr. Kim, would you agree to the comments? 

I haven't watched, but I think it's difficult. It's quite apparent from the difference in upvotes that NL isn't receiving as much attention. And Dr. Kim has been steadily increasing in ratings. The advantage NL has is possibly length, though the episode count is still TBD.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nikachan2008 said:

In my previous post I asked everyone, What does everybody think of the comment?  Is Dr. Kim really very good? For those who have seen Night Life and maybe Dr. Kim, would you agree to the comments? 

Another point is... I think Korean has a soft spot for medical dramas. There are many medical drama produced in Korea a year, but seem they have never been fed up of this genre.

Not that I complain about their taste, I myself like medical drama too, my fav show is Grey's Anatomy. But watching many medical dramas a year is... a bit too much. 

PS: Did you guy experience difficulty logging in soompi today? It didn't give me access, untill I cleared up my browsing history, including passwords, cookies and caches... It doesn't help with my need for SUB of Night Light, duh... Can't believe drama from cable channel like Ms. Temper was subbed faster than a drama from main station. Damn MBC with their license. :tears:

• Like 2

OMG you guys must watch this drama (with sub, of course). There is C-sub, so local sub in my country was out (even before ENG sub is available)... I just finished ep1 (want to watch ep 2 too, but too late here, must work tomorrow). It's so so so good... what a waste for Korean to not watch this drama.

Screw the rating, if the production team keeps the story and twist like this, this drama is even better than EOG, in my ranking. There are meaningful quotes here and there, and story has good twist so far. There are cliche scenes too, but in overall, it's good. 

I replayed the shot-gun game scene many times, LYW is so damn COOL there. I'm proud... SYK is a cool villain :glasses: feel bad for LSJ, SYK put her on fire purposely. However, SYK is so damn cool and super smart and charming and charismatic and... the list goes on and on... :wub:

PS: you will have weird feeling abt romance when watching this drama... I don't know how to explain... OTP is maybe SYK-LSJ :lol:

*no more spoiler from me, so enjoy! hope ENG sub is out soon, I wanna re-watch with Eng sub, feel like local sub is not precise. Nevertheless, I'm grateful a lot... 

• Like 5

Even without sub I’m so addicted to the drama already.  SYK is probably the most complex character we’ve ever seen her in.  It has many layers.  Her performance is crazy awesome – the stare, gaze, nuance movement, tone in speech, and walking posture are exceptional.  Her screen presence is captivating.  She’s very charismatic.  Love her character tremendously.  Like Vaiduakhu, I would rank NL above EOG if the story and her role continuing this good to the end.  Really adore Her Majesty more watching her on this new drama.  The queen is truly phenomenal.  I’m blessed.

• Like 5

@vaiduakhu

Talking about the gun scene, OMG… I’ve been watching that part like 10000000 times.  She’s really so cool without a flinch watching the other guy shooting himself or herself.  It’s a thrilling scene.  Sometimes I feel goose bumps.

• Like 5

@QSD

Some say SYK is the male lead, which I think somewhat is true. :lol: I don't mean weird, but the way she stared in interest at LSJ at the auction room, helped her out or praised her beauty in red dress is like she's flirting with LSJ. :w00t:

And then, she picked LSJ up at her house and drove her for clothes shopping... She charmed LSJ, I swear, and LSJ fell for it... OMG. I feel bad for LSJ, but SYK is brilliant with her mind reading and playing game. 

The gun scene is intensive... I watched scenes like this in other films many times, but it still got me shocked and goose-bumped, especially the last shot. Her Dad trained her well. We need to value money, even if it's just a penny. 

• Like 6

gosshhhh,what happen with soompi...struggle to log in almost 2 day long....:sweatingbullets: so frustrated but blessing in disguesed too:P i could finished my book, serial killer by Marie.C.higins not my favourite at least i can reduce my frustated can"t log in and no dramasite sub our queen drama:tears: the mood so fit for my heart at time.  talk about Syk ;) i got a chill with our queen acting surely...i want to know what they talking about...just little bit understand here and there is not help at all:bawling:

• Like 3

@vaiduakhu

Don’t know if they going to emphasize more on the womence relationship to a deeper level than we’ve seen so far, the potential is there.

The scene where SYK picking up LSJ to shopping is typically for a rich guy with a nice car doing for a GF.  And who could blame LSJ for falling into the ice queen’s plan at SYK house in that dressing room?  The girl couldn’t resist the charm of SYK.  The ice queen CEO looks especially more alluring there.

The prince charming is at it again at the hospital to rescuing the girl from humiliation.  This is probably why the k-nets are feeling uncomfortable/weird and saying SYK is like a male lead.  That is normally true for other millions K-dramas.  Also, they are admitting our queen’s dramas are oddly captivating, which implying on the interactions between SYK & LSJ on both episodes.

And frankly, our queen is pretty good at flirting the poor girl, Vaiduakhu.

With that said, I'm not saying they are, but some can express the feelings in that way.

• Like 3

On 11/23/2016 at 10:23 AM, anopinion said:

I think I just like people I can never be... so female celebs who are tall and beautiful? Lol.

Yeah, aside from that I love their acting skills. I wish I have more free time so I can also watch Seo Ji Hye's work. The last one I've seen was 49 Days. 

On 11/23/2016 at 10:23 AM, anopinion said:

I haven't watched, but I think it's difficult. It's quite apparent from the difference in upvotes that NL isn't receiving as much attention. And Dr. Kim has been steadily increasing in ratings. The advantage NL has is possibly length, though the episode count is still TBD.

On 11/23/2016 at 4:14 PM, vaiduakhu said:

Another point is... I think Korean has a soft spot for medical dramas. There are many medical drama produced in Korea a year, but seem they have never been fed up of this genre.

Not that I complain about their taste, I myself like medical drama too, my fav show is Grey's Anatomy. But watching many medical dramas a year is... a bit too much. 

It probably also has something to do with the cast. The actors of Dr. Kim are probably more popular and have a bigger fan base, especially if there are more male actors. 

I also like medical dramas. but I just don't have enough time to watch any lately. Japanese drama, Doctor X - Season 4 is piling in my TV right now.. :phew:

• Like 1

On 11/23/2016 at 4:14 PM, vaiduakhu said:

PS: Did you guy experience difficulty logging in soompi today? It didn't give me access, untill I cleared up my browsing history, including passwords, cookies and caches... 

I had that experience last Wednesday. It took me several hours to solve the problem because I couldn't figure out how to clear up everything.. :sweatingbullets:

6 hours ago, QSD said:

@Nuyn

They forgot to sew the pieces together.  Nevertheless, the queen is elegant as ever, still.

You are kidding, right? How on the earth they forgot to sew the pieces together? :o

I thought it's a new fashion style of the Queen which we, peasants, can't understand... 

QSD, please try to find that skirt to see how they wear it... :lol:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, QSD said:

@vaiduakhu

Don’t know if they going to emphasize more on the womence relationship to a deeper level than we’ve seen so far, the potential is there.

The scene where SYK picking up LSJ to shopping is typically for a rich guy with a nice car doing for a GF.  And who could blame LSJ for falling into the ice queen’s plan at SYK house in that dressing room?  The girl couldn’t resist the charm of SYK.  The ice queen CEO looks especially more alluring there.

The prince charming is at it again at the hospital to rescuing the girl from humiliation.  This is probably why the k-nets are feeling uncomfortable/weird and saying SYK is like a male lead.  That is normally true for other millions K-dramas.  Also, they are admitting our queen’s dramas are oddly captivating, which implying on the interactions between SYK & LSJ on both episodes.

And frankly, our queen is pretty good at flirting the poor girl, Vaiduakhu.

With that said, I'm not saying they are, but some can express the feelings in that way.

Oh, wow, you understand most of the scenes without sub... 

I don't know if local sub is precise, but SYK addressed LSJ as "kid"... poor kid it is. So far, in spite of their flirting and admiring and bf-gf actions outside, both don't have any romantic feeling inside... YET.  And I doubt the production team lets it happen, Korea is a conservative society.

However, the more I watch their interactions, the more I feel it's typical love story of bad & rich boy - poor girl. :lol: Do you know what LSJ tried to do? she wasn't actually mad at SYK, but she sulked at tried to make SYK apologize to her because SYK put her in danger, just "apologise"? duh, poor girl! and SYK didn't do it. As a person valuing money, she gave money and SYK rejected :D. And SYK, despite nonchalant actions outside, she cares abt LSJ (she asked her team to check LSJ's profile and the bodyguard to follow LSJ around). She even made deal with the Chinese kidnappers to rescue LSJ and went to negotiate by herself although she knew it might harm her life (but in the end LSJ got out on her own).

Man, what the writer tries to do with my feeling?... both of them are not in romantic relationship, it's a benefit relationship, but the way they acted tells otherwise. :sweatingbullets: PGW, pls show your manhood! 

PS: I'm sad that Eng sub may not out due to Netflix's copyright. Can't discuss this drama deeply in NL thread. And we're too SYK biased, so it's better to discuss here ^_^

• Like 3

19 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

@QSD

Some say SYK is the male lead, which I think somewhat is true. :lol: I don't mean weird, but the way she stared in interest at LSJ at the auction room, helped her out or praised her beauty in red dress is like she's flirting with LSJ. :w00t:

And then, she picked LSJ up at her house and drove her for clothes shopping... She charmed LSJ, I swear, and LSJ fell for it... OMG. I feel bad for LSJ, but SYK is brilliant with her mind reading and playing game. 

LOL, yes.. this is what is good when Lee Yowon picks up a drama to play, it is always something different. We always see that kind of scene with a guy, but in Night Light it is a woman doing it :D

The gun scene is intensive... I watched scenes like this in other films many times, but it still got me shocked and goose-bumped, especially the last shot. 

Yeah, loved that scene too so much! What makes it different and awesome from those we often see is.. in other films the actors made it so slow, like they're really thinking if they do it or not, but in Night Life our Queen would just grab the gun and pull the trigger right away.. LOL.. it's so crazy.. I was thinking.. WHAT? :w00t:

Her Dad trained her well. We need to value money, even if it's just a penny. 

So that is what the father said to her. I cried at the scene when she was picking up those coins and the scene that followed. I was worried when the child was hit with the coins. I was relieved when I saw that they were only 1 yen.. it's very light so it's not painful when it hits a person. 

• Like 3

Yeah, loved that scene too so much! What makes it different and awesome from those we often see is.. in other films the actors made it so slow, like they're really thinking if they do it or not, but in Night Life our Queen would just grab the gun and pull the trigger right away.. LOL.. it's so crazy.. I was thinking.. WHAT? :w00t:

In the first round, she grabbed the roulette and pulled the trigger right away because she knew the bullet is fake... LOL :lol: the other guy tried to act dramatically to fool ppl and make them fear for their lives, but she broke it. But in the second round, it's real bullet, and she also pulled the trigger without fear while the gangster was just a coward when it came to real bullet. :D In the end, she aimed the roulette to the guy, and other ppl in the room all aimed at her. She won! 

that's a good scene! :)

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, vaiduakhu said:

You are kidding, right? How on the earth they forgot to sew the pieces together? :o

I thought it's a new fashion style of the Queen which we, peasants, can't understand... 

QSD, please try to find that skirt to see how they wear it... :lol:

Fashion is an art.. just wonder what's in the mind of the designer when she/he created that skirt.  QSD, can you find out? :)

• Like 1