“49 Days” — What is it about?

3in-49.jpg

The following is gathered from various websites, including the other actors’. This is unconfirmed, so take it with a grain of salt. Just gives you some idea of what you can expect from this drama.

Nam Gyu-Ri (NGR) — plays a girl who is involved in a car accident a week before her wedding, falls into a coma, can only be revived if 3 people (apart from her parents) will shed genuine tears for her before the end of 49 days.

Bae Soo-Bin (BSB) — plays NGR’s fiance, an ambitious man who loves her family fortune more than NGR, first time BSB plays a villain.

Jung Il-Woo (JIW) — handsome young man who dies at 23 (LYW’s brother?), has been Death Scheduler for 5 years, responsible for directing souls to their afterlife, may have been responsible for NGR’s accident, so allows her soul to temporarily enter LYW’s body, becomes romantically involved with NGR?

Lee Yo-Won (LYW) — plays a double role of the girl she is and the girl after NGI’s soul has entered into her body, somebody with nothing to live for after death of brother (JIW?), with NGI’s soul attached to her, becomes somebody different in the day and at night.

Jo Hyun-Jae (JHJ) — plays a character who is a loner from lack of parental love, cold and remote, has known NGR since they are teenagers, becomes involved in complex relationship with NGR and LYW (with NGR’s soul attached to her.)

To date, Lee Yo-Won has not yet come aboard, but her name is being bandied about as if her participation in this drama is a done deal. (From the grapevine — LYW has gone on a shopping trip to Hong Kong.) All the emphasis seems to be on Nam Gyu-Ri and Jung Il-Woo because their management companies and fansites have gone into overdrive and are tirelessly promoting their stars day in and day out.

As for our JHJ, apart from that briefer than brief Notice on the KOW on January 5, there has been nothing forthcoming. They are being very discreet and low-key, so much so that even some JHJ fans think he is the supporting male actor in “49 Days”. We cannot imagine anything more absurd. It is inconceivable that he should take half a year to choose his comeback drama, only to play second fiddle to some actor his junior. Since it is rumoured that the scriptwriter So Hyun-Hyung specifically requests JHJ to play the lead role in her new drama, it must be a very challenging role. JHJ never speaks much; he just lets his acting speak for him.

Bae Soo Bin name had been added in Nate "49 Days" page:

http://search.nate.c...CF&nq=3&thr=usk

So, as we expected, Yo Won will be the last :sweatingbullets: We still have time until at least SBS make an official announcement. They'll post something in their website soon I think. At the meantime anything could still happen.

About speculation regarding her management GTB, I think it's likely they are behind the delay of Yo Won decision, after all, this is her first work with them, right? So maybe they want to handle it as cautious as they can and make sure Yo Won's first project with them turn as best as possible. Perhaps as Yo Won last drama turned out to be mega hit (QSD), they don't want her next drama to be a letdown, so they proceed slower than the others. Alas, I found it's interesting that 3 big stars want this drama for their comeback after long hiatus (JHJ, LYW, JIW). There must be something very special about this drama.

Thanks for the updates.  You might have a good point regarding her new management.  So we still have 1% hope of Her Majesty joining. 

@ninimi: Oh I'm sorry, my bad haha I'm at my work place so I made unintended mistake about Yowon in GTB. Gosh! Yeah you're right, she moved there after Bad Love. But I still stand at my other analysis about GTB carefulness to chose YoWon project, esp. after QSD mega success. Someone here familiar with other stars from GTB? I want to know whether they are always very careful and slow to pick roles for their stars or just for YoWon. You know, I vaguely remembered after Bad Love, there were some casting rumors for YoWon too before she finally decided for QSD (Alien Baseball was just one of them). So I think perhaps we face same situation here. After all, this is only beginning of 2011, there'll be plenty dramas to come. So there's a chance YoWon/GTB still waiting for other interesting scripts.

I don't think there's any news today. But JHJ International FC post an article:

http://jo-hyun-jae.com/2011/01/07/49-days-what-is-it-about/

yeah, heheh it's OK cahya

hmmm i also don't know much about the GTB, i just know Lee Seung Hyo was in it..hehe

i think yea i still agree to you that becoz this is LYW's comeback after mega hits Queen Seon Deok , the management wants to make it as like this...

yea, maybe they also have another interesting script to consider.. just hope..

“49 Days” — What is it about?

*quoted image*

The following is gathered from various websites, including the other actors’. This is unconfirmed, so take it with a grain of salt. Just gives you some idea of what you can expect from this drama.

Nam Gyu-Ri (NGR) — plays a girl who is involved in a car accident a week before her wedding, falls into a coma, can only be revived if 3 people (apart from her parents) will shed genuine tears for her before the end of 49 days.

Bae Soo-Bin (BSB) — plays NGR’s fiance, an ambitious man who loves her family fortune more than NGR, first time BSB plays a villain.

Jung Il-Woo (JIW) — handsome young man who dies at 23 (LYW’s brother?), has been Death Scheduler for 5 years, responsible for directing souls to their afterlife, may have been responsible for NGR’s accident, so allows her soul to temporarily enter LYW’s body, becomes romantically involved with NGR?

Lee Yo-Won (LYW) — plays a double role of the girl she is and the girl after NGI’s soul has entered into her body, somebody with nothing to live for after death of brother (JIW?), with NGI’s soul attached to her, becomes somebody different in the day and at night.

Jo Hyun-Jae (JHJ) — plays a character who is a loner from lack of parental love, cold and remote, has known NGR since they are teenagers, becomes involved in complex relationship with NGR and LYW (with NGR’s soul attached to her.)

To date, Lee Yo-Won has not yet come aboard, but her name is being bandied about as if her participation in this drama is a done deal. (From the grapevine — LYW has gone on a shopping trip to Hong Kong.) All the emphasis seems to be on Nam Gyu-Ri and Jung Il-Woo because their management companies and fansites have gone into overdrive and are tirelessly promoting their stars day in and day out.

As for our JHJ, apart from that briefer than brief Notice on the KOW on January 5, there has been nothing forthcoming. They are being very discreet and low-key, so much so that even some JHJ fans think he is the supporting male actor in “49 Days”. We cannot imagine anything more absurd. It is inconceivable that he should take half a year to choose his comeback drama, only to play second fiddle to some actor his junior. Since it is rumoured that the scriptwriter So Hyun-Hyung specifically requests JHJ to play the lead role in her new drama, it must be a very challenging role. JHJ never speaks much; he just lets his acting speak for him.

the Bold senetences.. ehh, so Yowon now is in Hongkong?? Geezzz !!! hahahahahaha.. how can she's still on vacation in this nervousness of all her fans wondering her 49 DAYS confirm? :P

i agree!!! from the Manga, if JHJ plays as PARK SIN WOO, he's the lead !!

Jung il Wo is as the Death angle..

yeah this is just for promoting from management...

Thanks for the updates.  You might have a good point regarding her new management.  So we still have 1% hope of Her Majesty joining. 

LOL at QSD, 1 % !!!!! :P

Cahya i wonder where is Bae So Bin's name on Nate Search? i haven't found it..

1% is better than nothing.  :D

Ohh gosh... we are all nerve breaking to hear her decision but the queen is shopping all the way in Hong Kong.  I guess she got bored shopping spree back home so she flew to Hong Kong for some fun.

yeah, heheh it's OK cahya

hmmm i also don't know much about the GTB, i just know Lee Seung Hyo was in it..hehe

the Bold senetences.. ehh, so Yowon now is in Hongkong?? Geezzz !!! hahahahahaha.. how can she's still on vacation in this nervousness of all her fans wondering her 49 DAYS confirm? :P

i agree!!! from the Manga, if JHJ plays as PARK SIN WOO, he's the lead !!

Jung il Wo is as the Death angle..

yeah this is just for promoting from management...

Her cousin, forgot his name, also is I think belongs to the same management.

Ninimi, yes, I have the same reaction when I read that line...LOL!!! She is in Hongkong, shopping???That's probably why she or her management couldn't confirm yet. This drama must be something since she & JHJ chose it. I am sure there are many other great scripts that were offered to them, but they chose this one.

I agree about JHJ, he's a quiet type. Thanks Phetbeo

Yes QSD, 1% is better, it has given us some hope...

hahha. yeah QSD, 1% is better than nothing..

and about the Hong Kong shopping... we all have to LOL at Yowon !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah it could be, Yowon can't confirm becoz she hasn't back to Seoul.. hmm just wait for her comeback..

yeah for the quiet type of JHJ, just look at him and Yowon in SEYAA interview..

Yowon is laughing like crazy, and JHJ is quiet like insane.... LOL

@Nika: Yes her cousin is in the same management with her.  I forgot his name too but who cares. 

@Ninimi:  Yeah, Yowon is so relax and kickback.  She doesn't know how much we're dying here just seeing her name attached to the project.

Yowon is laughing like crazy, and JHJ is quiet like insane.... LOL

Hahaha ninimi, your phrase here crackled me. LOL I laughed so hard :w00t:

"Yowon is laughing like crazy, and JHJ is quiet like insane.... LOL " :lol: :lol:

And I LOL-ed too about YoWon going shopping to HK. Plus, oh I'm surprised JHJ fans knows more about her than us :P Thank you JHJ fans. I wonder since when she was gone? Before or after the news about 49 Days start to show up?

ninimi, in Nate 49 Days page, just click at the last name added, it's BSB: 배수빈

Guys, with all of our excitement regarding this drama, it seems wasted that in the end we won't see it. So I'm planning to watch it. So, how about you guys, will you still watch it even though our Yo Won won't be in it? :lol:

If that’s the case I still go all the way to watch it and just imagine Yowon is the character.  They have done a great job creating a big buzz by attaching her name in the first place, now we all got hooked.

"Yowon is laughing like crazy, and JHJ is quiet like insane.... LOL " :lol: :lol:

And I LOL-ed too about YoWon going shopping to HK. Plus, oh I'm surprised JHJ fans knows more about her than us :P Thank you JHJ fans. I wonder since when she was gone? Before or after the news about 49 Days start to show up?

Same here Cahya...LOL!!!

I really love LYW for making my life go insane...

"They have done a great job creating a big buzz by attaching her name in the first place, now we all got hooked."

LOL...QSD, I agree.

@Nika:  Is this true in the manga?

Jung Il-Woo (JIW) — handsome young man who dies at 23 (LYW’s brother?),  has been Death Scheduler for 5 years, responsible for directing souls to  their afterlife, may have been responsible for NGR’s accident, so  allows her soul to temporarily enter LYW’s body, becomes romantically  involved with NGR?

He is Yowon's brother?

@Nika:  Is this true in the manga?

Jung Il-Woo (JIW) — handsome young man who dies at 23 (LYW’s brother?),  has been Death Scheduler for 5 years, responsible for directing souls to  their afterlife, may have been responsible for NGR’s accident, so  allows her soul to temporarily enter LYW’s body, becomes romantically  involved with NGR?

He is Yowon's brother?

Yes, there was some connection between them, but I read he was the father? & he was her guardian angel. Because she was told that Sin Uo was not her soul mate, she requested him to show her his destined partner & that was Haji. Aram was so crazy in-love with Sin Uo, she was rich & beautiful & spoiled.

This is complicated.  So he could be her father also, but he's young.

Yes, her father died before she was born. then her mother died also in a car accident. she was sent to an orphanage. she was very beautiful & everyone loved her, but she's so arrogant. then there was an accident, her face got burned with a hot water, she stumbled into it. she became so ugly no one wanted her. her rich adopted father transformed her again into a beautiful girl through surgery, she looked like a doll & adored her very much. Aram's life is also tragic. She feels no one really loved her, she thought everyone just saw her outside but not her real side. she feels un-loved so she was very lonely, thus she was called a loner...

ninimi, in Nate 49 Days page, just click at the last name added, it's BSB: 배수빈

hahhaaaa... the two sometimes have oppisite behavior.., but it'cute to see them two..

Yowon won't be that crazy if JHJ doesn't seem that quiet and confused.. :lol:

yeah thankyou JHJ fans , you give us a new hope!!

now another speculation of the delay is becoz Yowon is still in Hong Kong so that she can't sign that darn paper of contract.... LOL

Same here Cahya...LOL!!!

I really love LYW for making my life go insane...

"They have done a great job creating a big buzz by attaching her name in the first place, now we all got hooked."

LOL...QSD, I agree.

hahahhaha, this cute mom really make us go insane,

and yeah, Great job for the Big Buzz !!! now we're trapped in a big hole of insane and nerves.. :lol:

Yes, her father died before she was born. then her mother died also in a car accident. she was sent to an orphanage. she was very beautiful & everyone loved her, but she's so arrogant. then there was an accident, her face got burned with a hot water, she stumbled into it. she became so ugly no one wanted her. her rich adapted father transformed her again into a beautiful girl through surgery, she looked like a doll & adored her very much. Aram's life is also a tragic. She feels no one really loved her, everyone just saw her outside but not her real side. she feels un-loved so she was very lonely, thus she was called a loner...

Ohhh this is so interesting Nika..

Aram is so pittyfull......

Aram's character is so lonely from your description.  Both parents passed away and no siblings.

Interesting they saying JIW could be her brother in the script.

Yeah it's interesting, I could be mistaken too, the manga is also somehow confusing. I'll go back & find out...

Yes, Ninimi, her life is pitiful...but the heroine in the manga is actually Haji. It her life as a gangster so it's full of fights & she's stupid that's why her character is comical.

Ohhh this is so interesting Nika..

Aram is so pittyfull......

Yes, not only she is lonely, she got ill and vanished.   Ohh... it's so sad.

BTW Nika, how did she become ill.

LOL... Haji is stupid.  But that's why it's comical.