8 hours ago, won lee said:

The coats look similar to each other.  The bottom one is Thom Browne which costs over 5,000 USD.  Not sure she would wear that expensive this time in a period drama.

Oh yeah, after all, you are not jobless in DD, QSD. :lol:

I also thought that coat she wore in DD filming set looks modern rather than period time's fashion style.

Probably, just few ships this couple, but from the teasers, I find their relationship intriguing.

A6cGCoQk_o.jpg

• Like 1

Their relationship is probably intense and hot, naturally for the lives they heading to.  While Fujin’s one is sweet and gentle.  It’s different vibe between 2 pairs, certainly.

4b11ee2b2e344ee3a72863c56585cef8.jpeg?s=

Lee Yo Won, Yoo Ji Tae, Nam Gyu Ri, And More Gather For First Script Reading Of Upcoming Historical Spy Drama

Mar 1, 2019

by Y. Shin

Upcoming MBC drama “Lee Mong” (tentative title) has revealed photos and details from its first script reading.

“Lee Mong” is an espionage melodrama that takes place during Japanese colonial rule. It will tell the story of the fight for independence led by secret organization Heroic Corps leader Kim Won Bong and Korean-Japanese surgeon Lee Young Jin. The drama also commemorates the 100th anniversary of the forming of the Korean Provisional Government in 1919, which is seen as the foundation for Korea’s government today.

The first script reading was held in Seoul with director Yoon Sang Ho, scriptwriter Cho Gyu Won, and actors Lee Yo Won, Yoo Ji Tae, Im Joo Hwan, Nam Gyu Ri, and others in attendance.

Before the script reading began, director Yoon Sang Ho commented, “I feel more burdened than ever taking on a meaningful drama commemorating the March 1 (Samil) Independence Movement and the 100th anniversary of the establishment of South Korea’s interim government. I hope the drama can become one that sheds a new light on the Japanese colonial era and the Heroic Corps that lived a flame-like life, while also making a deep impression on viewers.”

Lee Yo Won plays Lee Young Jin, a woman who stands on the border between being a Korean-Japanese doctor and a secret agent for the independence fighters. Yoo Ji Tae will play the role of Kim Won Bong, the man who led the armed resistance against the Japanese. Both actors impressed by immersing into their characters.

lee-mong.jpg

Im Joo Hwan and Nam Gyu Ri also drew attention for transforming into their characters. With his baritone voice, Im Joo Hwan portrayed the Japanese prosecutor Fukuda, who is known for his handsome appearance, grace, and manners. Nam Gyu Ri portrayed the role of Miki, a singer at a club in Gyeongseong, with her alluring voice and expressions. In addition, actors such as Lee Hae Young, Heo Sung Tae, Cho Bok Rae, Jun Jin Ki, and Kim Kyu Jong joined the reading to complete the powerful “Lee Mong” line-up. They raised expectations for the first episode of “Lee Mong” with their portrayal of the Heroic Corps and the Japanese Government General of Korea.

The production staff stated, “It was a script reading filled with the presence of actors such as Lee Yo Won and Yoo Ji Tae. With the addition of director Yoon Sang Ho’s sensible direction and writer Cho Kyu Won’s strong writing, we don’t doubt that a Korean spy action [drama] that MBC presents with confidence will be brought to life. As the title suggests, [‘Lee Mong’] will be a drama that tells the stories behind the members of the Heroic Corps, who heatedly fought for Korean independence by acting as both the enemy and a comrade, and the independence fighters who couldn’t leave behind their names. Please look forward to our first broadcast and send us support.”

“Lee Mong” is scheduled to premiere in May.

Source (1)

1 hour ago, won lee said:

Her character in NL is really fascinating.  I still re-watch some scenes from time to time.  Really love the charming Daepyonim.

I'm currently rewatching NL in Netflix. And rewatching ASC too at TVN. I just can't get enough of her :)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, won lee said:

Her character in NL is really fascinating.  I still re-watch some scenes from time to time.  Really love the charming Daepyonim.

8 hours ago, won lee said:

Oh they are rerunning ASC on TVN already?

Believe me I can't get enough of her too.  Cheers for the two of us.

Yes, they're rerunning it at tvn asia.

Cheers :)

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 12:21 PM, Rabbit Fence said:

Hi everyone. Newbie here :). But I've been a fan of LYW for the past couple of years. I was backreading this thread and how I wish I new this way back. 

Welcome to the thread. :) 

4 hours ago, Shinobu said:

I hope to see more picture of my FukudaYJ ship.  It already feels it will be in dangerous water and won't end well.  I don't know why I always fall for the wrong ship. :tears:

Yay! I'm shipping them too! :wub:

I'll just enjoy the fluffy moments (if they have LOL). We know that it'll sink. I'll prepare myself.:lol: But I'm hoping that LYJ and KWB will also have chemistry.

5 hours ago, Rabbit Fence said:

Yes, they're rerunning it at tvn asia.

Cheers :)

Hello and welcome on board ! 

TVN sure loves ASC. The drama was aired multiple times already. I bumped into this drama twice when I just randomly switched the channels. 

3 hours ago, samecut123 said:

Yay! I'm shipping them too! :wub:

I'll just enjoy the fluffy moments (if they have LOL). We know that it'll sink. I'll prepare myself.:lol: But I'm hoping that LYJ and KWB will also have chemistry.

yeah it would be a crime to not ship Fukuda-LYJ, especially after seeing them together in the trailer:

YX8iWciQ_o.jpg

such a blessing for our eyes. :lol:

No worry abt KWB-LYJ, they already "hold hands" :D 

MsREOrQE_o.jpg

• LOL 2