Avengers Social Club is one of her best dramas.  Enjoy it.

Regarding to SJK & SHK, that's too bad their marriage didn't last long.  It's really unfortunate they couldn't divorce quietly and amicably in private before announcing the news.  It's a period of difficult and stressful time they going through now in the public eyes.  Hope they could move on peacefully and eventually finding their own happiness in the future.

I am glad our Queen is still blissfully married for over 16 years, according to her wedding pic as below which she had a vow on Jan 10, 2003. 

Thanks to Mr. Park for understanding and caring to what she loves to do.  He is a lovely husband and that she is also a wonderful wife for him to have had giving her his full support for her cameback to acting in 2005, and continuing so to the present.  It is a blessing she could balance between family life and working life.  She got the both worlds, happy marriage and accomplished career.  Really grateful to have known her through her excellent and memorable works over the years.  Wish her nothing but the best eternally.

uc?export=view&id=1YjHkZXSJk5QHe_tiFsw9o

• Like 4

Song Hye Kyo is my second favourite after Yo Won. I'm not a biggest fan of them as a couple but i love them both. And i read she cried while talking about the hardship related to her marriage life and lost like 5 weight. This news broke my heart. Hope she feel well soon. :tears:

And even i'm really curious about Yo Won's family she's actually doing good by keeping her private life far from eyes. 

On 6/27/2019 at 9:25 PM, QSD said:

Avengers Social Club is one of her best dramas.  Enjoy it.

I agree. I want to see her more in dramas like ASC and Ms. Temper style which is not exhausting and enjoyable to watch. Or sad/romance or maybe fantasy dramas but not included unnecessary ambitious or evil characters. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

13 hours ago, ozge said:

Song Hye Kyo is my second favourite after Yo Won. I'm not a biggest fan of them as a couple but i love them both. And i read she cried while talking about the hardship related to her marriage life and lost like 5 weight. This news broke my heart. Hope she feel well soon. :tears:

And even i'm really curious about Yo Won's family she's actually doing good by keeping her private life far from eyes. 

I agree. I want to see her more in dramas like ASC and Ms. Temper style which is not exhausting and enjoyable to watch. Or sad/romance or maybe fantasy dramas but not included unnecessary ambitious or evil characters. :lol:

Oh wow, did she actually say that before the divorce news or after?  I don’t follow her, neither SJK.  It’s sad with all the fame, and glory, and wealth she possesses, still nothing could buy her own happiness.  Yeah, wish her well.

Of all the dramas of Yowon, ASC and Ms. Temper are probably the funniest we have seen of her.  There are some comical scenes of Yowon in 49 Days too, but we all know how it ended.   After Running Inspector, I would love to see her in psychology thriller or prosecutor.  Do you have any wish for what particular role for her next?

• Like 2

On 6/30/2019 at 12:05 PM, QSD said:

Of all the dramas of Yowon, ASC and Ms. Temper are probably the funniest we have seen of her.  There are some comical scenes of Yowon in 49 Days too, but we all know how it ended.   After Running Inspector, I would love to see her in psychology thriller or prosecutor.  Do you have any wish for what particular role for her next?

I wanna see her portray mother role in a feel good series.  Like what ozge said, something enjoyable to watch like ASC and Ms. Temper. So i wanna see her play the role of a cool and badass mom. Or a professor like the one in the movie Dead Poets Society. An inspirational teacher. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

uc?export=view&id=1DU0iIokY2AZ5LhWxKn-aR

It’s a devastating week for YJ, finding out to what happened to her nanny and saying goodbye to Hiroshi.

I understand why you guys want something lighthearted for Yowon’s next project. 

On 6/30/2019 at 7:05 AM, QSD said:

Oh wow, did she actually say that before the divorce news or after?  I don’t follow her, neither SJK.  It’s sad with all the fame, and glory, and wealth she possesses, still nothing could buy her own happiness.  Yeah, wish her well.

Spoiler

This is the news. I'm not sure how much is true.

On 6/30/2019 at 7:05 AM, QSD said:

After Running Inspector, I would love to see her in psychology thriller or prosecutor.  Do you have any wish for what particular role for her next?

On 6/30/2019 at 12:09 PM, Lilac Escarlata said:

So i wanna see her play the role of a cool and badass mom. Or a professor like the one in a movie Dead Poets Society. An inspirational teacher. :D

I haven't any wish for particular. It just there are too many kdramas about lawyers, prosecutors, doctors etc. and the scenarios are don't seem interesting to me anymore.
Like Lilac i wanna see her as a mom or teacher but not professor, maybe high school teacher. And it would be good to see her in like with 50 episodes weekend family dramas. She is always too rich and so smart at her all roles since EOG. Of course she is so good at this but i wish different roles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of a high school teacher role, I don't mind seeing one-sided love from a student who falls in love with her.  Either the ramen boy or her stepson in ASC is good.  Maybe the stepson is more suitable, since there are more shippers of them in ASC.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Some fan made a MV of Kim Jung Hye X Lee Soo Gyum (Jun) of ASC.  One poster says Yowon is Jun's ideal type.  Don't know if it's true.  The comments there are hilarious.

• Like 2

[FICTION VS HISTORY] ‘Queen Seondeok’ adds drama to real queen’s life: The hugely successful TV series introduced the world to Korea’s first female leader

July 01,2019

Scenes from the drama “Queen Seondeok” (2009). At left is young Deokman (Queen Seondeok) in a desert in Mongolia and at right is Mishil, portrayed by Ko Hyeon-jeong. [MBC]
Left: Portrait of Queen Seondeok (unknown-647). Right: Cheomseongdae, an astronomical observatory in Gyeongju, North Gyeongsang. [YONHAP]

In film and television, historical dramas have never gone out of style. Fans of period dramas, both in Korea and abroad, like to be transported to a different time and learn about the stories that swept up — or were put in motion by — our ancestors. Some watch to see how the present compares with the past. Others watch to see progress. Foreign Korea-philes can get a crash course in Korean history while watching historical films. But all historical dramas create characters, add romantic plots and conflate or invent events to make sure viewers don’t lose interest. With Fiction vs. History, the Korea JoongAng Daily attempts to distinguish fact from fiction in popular period dramas and films for clarification and to dispel misunderstandings. 

Back in 2009, nearly half of the country couldn’t leave their homes on Monday and Tuesday evenings for a full seven months because they were trying to catch what happens next to Queen Seondeok, the first queen to rule Korea, in the hit TV drama “Queen Seondeok” on MBC. 

Starring
Lee Yo-won as Queen Seondeok, Go Hyeon-jeong as the villain Mishil and Uhm Tae-woong as Kim Yu-shin, the drama ran for 62 episodes and topped TV ratings, surpassing 40 percent almost every week after its 26th episode. 

Since it’s a historical drama chronicling the life of Queen Seondeok of Silla (57 B.C. to A.D. 935), most Koreans with a basic knowledge of history were able to predict what would happen next to Queen Seondeok, even without having watched the drama’s subsequent episodes. Clearly, the TV version of Queen Seondeok’s story had been fictionalized to ensure viewers were on the edges of their seats. “Queen Seondeok” was so successful that it also aired in other countries - such as Sri Lanka, Thailand and the Philippines - becoming one of the most popular Korean dramas around the world. 

Succeeding her father, Queen Seondeok ruled Silla from 632 to 647 during a period of intense conflict with the neighboring Baekje and Goguryeo kingdoms. In “Samguksagi,” the 12th-century historical text of Korea’s Three Kingdoms, Seondeok, also known as Deokman, is depicted as a woman who is “generous, benevolent, wise and smart.” She is portrayed as such a character in the drama, only that these characteristics are more emphasized as she battles her nemesis, Mishil. Mishil, a diabolical character, dominates the drama from the very first episode and some viewers have even said that they thought the title of the drama was “Mishil,” not “Queen Seondeok.” 

Yet Mishil is a semi-fictional character, therefore making most of the plot involving her character not based in historical fact. The only historical document that Mishil’s name appears in is in a copy of the “Annals of the Hwarang” written by Silla historian Kim Dae-mun. The original book disappeared, but in 1989, a copy suddenly appeared in the Japanese Royal Library. Historians are still having an intense debate about whether the copy is a forgery or, indeed, legitimate. 

In the book, Mishil is said to have had three lovers who were pungwolju (leaders of the code of Silla chivalry who lived from 540 to 681) and ruled the court through the bedrooms of three kings, Jinheung, Jinji and Jinpyeong. She does not exist in any other historical documents. 

Whether or not Mishil is real, the mischief she carefully coordinates to take down Seondeok in the drama is entirely fictional, causing viewers to wonder what her next move will be. 

The fictional elements of the story start from the beginning of the drama. 

In the drama, Deokman is born as the younger twin daughter of King Jinpyeong and Queen Maya. Yet there was a Silla legend that said if the king and queen gave birth to twins - especially twin daughters - their bloodline would end. Fearing his beloved Queen Maya would be ousted by Mishil, whose ambition was to become queen and bear a crown prince, King Jinpyeong secretly sends the newborn Deokman away from the palace with his loyal servant Seohwa. Princess Cheonmyeong is raised in the palace while Deokman is raised in a desert in Mongolia by Seohwa without being aware of her royal identity. 

Yet according to historical records, Deokman and Cheonmyeong were not twin sisters. Moreover, Deokman was the older sister. She never had to leave the palace and live the life of a commoner or even disguise herself as a boy, as portrayed in the drama right before everyone, including herself, finds out she’s a princess. 

Every addictive TV drama has a love story, and “Queen Seondeok” was no exception. Although the young man and woman do not bluntly confess their love to each other, the drama frequently shows Deokman and Kim Yu-shin, Silla’s most famous general, developing feelings for each other. There’s even a love triangle - Deokman’s twin sister, Princess Cheonmyeong, liked Yu-shin first, but gives him and her life up for her country, causing Deokman to vow vengeance against Mishil. On the show, Princess Cheonmyeong dies after being shot with a poisonous arrow. 

Yet the love story is also fictional and some historians criticized the drama for going too far to entertain the viewers with the queen’s romantic exploits. According to historical records, Queen Seondeok married three times, and had no children. 

The drama briefly does touch on her actual achievements during her 15 years of reign, including how she erects Cheomseongdae, an astronomical observatory, as well as the nine-story pagoda at Hwangnyong Temple. The drama also stays true to history in telling how Bidam, whom the queen had appointed to the highest position in court, turns his back on her, creating the biggest rebellion in Silla’s history. 

BY YIM SEUNG-HYE [sharon@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

66034587_127144325176303_208362254377995

66209849_127144231842979_101619752575067

66487989_127144151842987_232916036089387

Glad to see Fujin smiling at each other again. Although they're not lovers, at least they're friends again. Love to see "that smile" on Fukuda's face when talking to Young-jin. :wub:  I thought I'd never see them as friends again like they were before. Oh, the fate of the second male lead. What's new? Unless DD would do something for a change. :lol:

By the way, where's @vaiduakhu ? It's been a while since I've seen her.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lilac Escarlata said:

Glad to see Fujin smiling at each other again. Although they're not lovers, at least they're friends again. Love to see "that smile" on Fukuda's face when talking to Young-jin. :wub:  I thought I'd never see them as friends again like they were before. Oh, the fate of the second male lead. What's new? Unless DD would do something for a change. :lol:

By the way, where's @vaiduakhu ? It's been a while since I've seen her.

I stopped watching it after several episodes. The weekly wait tortures me. Will binge watch it this week until the finale :)

• Like 1