I was looking at LYW  you (QSD) posted of her shooting somebody at close ranged and getting splashed with blood on her face. I was thinking that if I shoot someone, then I should move far away as possible from the target because I will be splashed with blood as well if I don't. This is the lesson I get from seeing this. Now I am more experienced. I remember watching this Van Helsing vampire movies. After an encounter with the vampires, VanHelsing face and suit were pristine while his apprentice was drenched in blood. When somebody asks why, Van Helsing said, I have more experience.

Hace 5 horas, QSD dijo:

@ Abi13

¿Qué drama de Yowon que te hizo convertirte en su fan?

I became his fan after seeing white nights, I found it by chance on Netflix and then I saw all her dramas. I love her performance, she can do any kind of paper.

21 hours ago, Lilac Escarlata said:

Hello, @Abi13  :)

How about this article about OCN's drama Running Inspector... It looks like it's confirmed. We shall see.

Lee Yo Won, Choi Gwi Hwa to collaborate in investigation drama

Both actors Lee Yo Won and Choi Gwi Hwa will display great chemistry in OCN's new drama "Running Inspector".

0002889633_001_20190313100102362.jpg?typ

On March 19, a representative of the drama segment spoke to Sports Chosun, "Lee Yo Won and Choi Gwi Hwa will star in OCN's drama "Running Inspector" (rough translation) (scriptwriter Baek Jung Chul, director Kim Yong Soo). The film is scheduled to broadcast in the second half of this year. The work belongs to OCN's familiar genre, revolving around the story of inspectors from the National Human Rights Commission.

"Running Inspector" is not a story about a prosecutor, a lawyer or a detective, but about an inspector of the National Human Rights Commission. The film promises to highlight the life of a busy inspector who is hustling because of the injustice of those who suffer from human rights violations even without the right to investigate or prosecute. The main characters of the general inspection department will investigate important truths instead of accepting the facts of the Violation department or the Discrimination department. They will be responsible for investigating issues of human rights violations arising in public agencies, organizations, and agencies, or incidents with great damages or arousing social controversies.

Lee Yo Won will play the female lead Han Yoon Seo. She is a strict character who hates it when others cross the line in relationships and in social life. Han Yoon Seo has a truth which was exposed and is in charge of investigating it. She always keeps her investigation method and neutral attitude to the extent of coldness and even was misunderstood that she "lacks sympathy". However, it is only Yoon Seo's own method in order to stick to her principles of work. After ending the filming for "Different Dream" (MBC), Lee Yo Won will participate in "Running Inspector".

With the drama "Running Inspector", Choi Gwi Hwa will be starring in the lead role for the first time since his debut in the acting career. He will play Kang Ho Joon - a special inspector of the Prosecutor's Office under the General Inspection Division of the Human Rights Promotion Commission. He possesses an incredible concentration ability and is the type of person who likes actions with the thought that the body will affect the spirit. Because of his sense of righteousness which is a bit extreme, people around him often consider him as a person who prefers to use his fists rather than to use his brain. Nonetheless, Ho Joon's mind is much more agile than his body. Sometimes, because of his quick mind and body, he misses something important, but he cooperates very well with his cold partner Han Yoon Seo.

El PD Kim Yong Soo, quien creó "arte" a partir de su estilo de dirección y producción de imagen emocional, trabajará en "Running Inspector". El PD Kim Yong Soo es un director que dejó una profunda huella en la pantalla a través de obras como "White Christmas" (KBS2), "The Blade And Petal", "Man From The Equator", "Iron Man" y formará un equipo con el guionista Baek Jung Chul en este nuevo trabajo. "Running Inspector" está programado para ser transmitido por OCN en la segunda mitad de 2019.

Fuente

Oh, thanks for the article

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Abi13 said:

I became his fan after seeing white nights, I found it by chance on Netflix and then I saw all her dramas. I love her performance, she can do any kind of paper.

Oh, thanks for the article

So you’re new fan.  Seo Yi Kyung (Daepyonim) in White Nights is really alluring to watch.  Her super cold demeanor but warm heart is intriguing, a very attractive character.  What other dramas of Yowon that you love most besides White Nights?

img.gif

Remember this scene?

@QSD

De todos los dramas mis favoritos son:

1. Reina Seondeok

2. 49 días

3. La Sra. Temper

4. Cirujano Bong Dal Hee

5. Imperio de oro .....

La verdad es que me gustan todos los dramas de ella, es difícil elegir.

And I don't  remember the scene,  my self from a year ago I would have answered, now I can't xD

Edited by Abi13
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

So the dramas are...

1. Queen Seondeok

2.  49 Days

3. Ms. Temper

4. Surgeon Bong Dal Hee

5. Empire of Gold

Is it Empire of Gold in the number 5?  I'm not sure coz it's written in Spanish.

• Insightful 1

#Showbiz: Fight for independence
olskdrdiffdre001a_1559872815.jpg
Yoo Ji-tae (left) and Lee Yo-won star in the thrilling historical K-Drama, Different Dreams, which follows the tribulations of real-life spies during the time of Japanese rule in Korea.

By NST Entertainment - June 7, 2019 @ 10:00am

A NEW Korean series is set to dramatise another historical moment in the hopes of shedding light on the beginnings of the Korean government. Titled Different Dreams, this 40-episode historical drama which recently began airing on Oh!K, is set in Kyungsung during the 1930s, when Korea was under Japanese colonial rule.

It stars Lee Yo-won, who plays Lee Young-jin, a Korean surgeon raised by Japanese parents. She becomes an intelligence agent for the provisional government of the Republic of Korea.

Different Dreams also stars Yoo Ji-tae as Kim Won-bong, the leader of a secret society fighting for Korean independence. The two characters become undercover operatives for the Korean provisional government based in Shanghai.

Lee is best known for her portrayal of Queen Seondeok in the massively popular drama series, Queen Seondeok of Silla, in 2009. In recent times, she has starred in the quirky romantic comedy, My Horrible Boss, in 2016 and the black comedy series, Avengers Social Club, in 2017.

Yoo began his acting career in 1998 and gained recognition working with acclaimed directors such as Hur Jin-ho in One Fine Spring Day (2001), Park Chan-wook in Oldboy (2003) and Hong Sang-soo in Woman Is the Future of Man (2004). He recently starred in the crime drama series Mad Dog in 2017.

Below, the two stars talk about their experience preparing for their roles in a historical and thrilling TV drama.

YOUR THOUGHTS ON TAKING PART IN THIS DRAMA.

Lee Yo-won: I am very pleased to be given the opportunity to participate in such a meaningful drama. It is truly an honour.

Yoo Ji-tae: Although I have never participated in any independence movements myself, whenever I hear about past movements, I am always deeply touched. Through the screening of Different Dreams, I hope the viewers will feel the same.

2019 MARKS THE 100TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA. WAS THERE A LOT OF PRESSURE ACTING IN THIS DRAMA SERIES AND PLAYING A REAL PERSON IN HISTORY?

Yoo: As always, acting and representing a real person in history is very difficult, and playing Kim Won-bong was no different. I had to decide whether to base the character on historical evidence or try to embellish the character’s traits to create a better story.

However, I was able to manage this dilemma to a certain degree because of Kim’s controversial political stance — I had to stray from some historical facts and portray a character more fitting for the screen.

Therefore, I portrayed Kim as the perfect independence fighter for Korea rather than relying solely on historical facts and his biographical information.

YOU HAD TO PORTRAY A CHARACTER THAT LED A DOUBLE LIFE; ONE FOR THE JAPANESE IMPERIALISTS WHO ADOPTED YOUR CHARACTER AND ONE AS A KOREAN INDEPENDENCE FIGHTER. HOW DID YOU MANAGE THE CHARACTER’S DUALITY AND WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS?

Lee: My character was adopted by a well-off Japanese family and she grew up as one of them, so on the outside my character is obviously Japanese. However, her deepest desire is to fight for her own country. Her main struggle was to hide this desire and carry on with her normal life amongst the Japanese without betraying her inner thoughts.

This is where it gets interesting because as an actress, I am accustomed to acting and hiding my true self, but my character is a doctor that had no such training, so I can only imagine how hard it would have been. My job was to understand how a woman in her position would feel and behave to hide her inner desires and portray that on screen. It was a difficult but rewarding role.

THE REPUBLICAN PARTY CLEARLY STATED ITS DISSENT FOR INCLUDING THE ROLE OF KIM WON-BONG FOR A DRAMA ON NATIONAL TELEVISION IN THE PREVIOUS PRESS CONFERENCE. ALSO, AS SEEN ON THE NEWS, DIFFERENT DREAMS WAS FUNDED FOR AN INDUSTRY RECORD-BREAKING AMOUNT. HOW DID YOU MANAGE THE PRESSURES FROM THE GOVERNMENT AND THE INVESTORS?

Lee: Different Dreams is an epic historical drama produced to mark the centennial Korean March 1st Independence Movement and I just knew I had to be a part of it. I’m grateful my wishes came true and I am sitting here, participating in this interview. Nothing else — like the pressures of the government and the scale of the investment — really mattered to me when I was filming this series.

Yoo: I think the scale of the investment is usually independent of the pressures that an actor feels while filming for a series — that is what I believe. I tell myself that I will always give 100 per cent to my roles, and that is what I did for Different Dreams. I think we should always give our all, no matter how large or small the job.

I HEARD YOU (YOO) CRIED A LOT ON SET. CAN YOU SHARE WITH US WHICH SCENE BROUGHT THE MOST TEARS AND WHY?

Yoo: Before I answer the question, I would like to thank the director and my fellow actors on set for holding up the atmosphere. I could not have done any of this on my own. Although I have never experienced war or any independence movement directly, I have come to realise the importance of having my own country.

Every time someone mentions our independence and the movements that led to it, it strikes my heart and the tears start pouring. The scene that brought the most tears was — although I believe it was deleted in the final stages of editing — was when I had to sing the Korean National Anthem. That scene turned on the waterworks and I cried the most just thinking about my country. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the freedom fighters and reassure them that they will never be forgotten.

HISTORICAL RECORDS STATE THAT KIM HAD THE HIGHEST BOUNTY ON HIS HEAD FROM THE JAPANESE, SHOWING HOW MUCH HE WAS FEARED. DID YOU INCORPORATE THIS ASPECT OF KIM’S LIFE IN THE DRAMA? ALSO, IS THIS AN ACTION-BASED DRAMA?

Yoo: As this drama is not a visual biography of Kim, not everything in this drama is consistent with historical records. This drama is mostly fictional. To answer the second question, yes, this is an action-packed drama. I learnt how to ride horses and filmed 80 per cent of the action scenes myself because we could not find a stunt double to film the scenes. It’s my fault as I am so tall and big. I’m kidding, I enjoy filming action scenes directly myself.

GIVEN THAT THE FILM MARKS THE 100TH ANNIVERSARY, A LOT OF MOVIES AND DRAMAS WERE RELEASED ON THIS TOPIC, SUCH AS MR SUNSHINE. HOW DOES DIFFERENT DREAMS DIFFERENTIATE ITSELF FROM THE OTHER TITLES?

Lee: I think that for the first time, we included real names in a drama, and this would lead to viewers researching about our country’s past. I think the names and some historically accurate events included in Different Dreams separates us from the rest.

Yoo: The setting of our drama helped us stand out from the rest. The setting is based on 1930s Korea and we have a lot of historical data to help us reconstruct what it was like to live in that era. Therefore, a non-fictional setting helped us reach a deeper understanding of how we should act and think during the filming process.

WHAT CAN VIEWERS EXPECT IN YOUR PORTRAYALS?

Lee: The lingering question for my character is why didn’t she decide to live a normal life? It would have been so much easier to just live amongst the Japanese as a doctor, but it was because she always had a calling to fight for her country and if she did not pursue this calling, she would not have been happy. She was ready to fight for what she believes in while risking everything she has. I am grateful for people like her who have made our country what it is today by risking it all.

Yoo: I had the chance to speak to an old lady who had been taken by the Japanese forces as a comfort woman. She gave me a lot of insights on preparing for this series. She told me war is always bad and is not the answer to anything. I asked her why she thought so, and she showed me a scar on her abdomen and told me it was from a Japanese soldier who stabbed her with a sword. She ended our conversation claiming that a person without a country is no person at all. That was heartbreaking and that thought was deeply rooted in my character when filming this series.

Source

"...war is always bad and is not the answer to anything."

Yeah, I agree, because many innocent people especially children dies in wars.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lilac Escarlata said:

She ended our conversation claiming that a person without a country is no person at all

Very true that a person without his own country is at such a disadvantaged. Can you imagine after world war 2, the king of Joseon under Japan became an ordinary Japanese citizen in a country that is hostile to him and his own country korea has disowned him as a traitor. I am glad that when countries where for grabs in the 50s, we were able to secure one for ourselves(Philippines). Lots of nations werent so lucky like mongolia and countries in the middleeast under russia or china. Can you believe that a small band of rich educated rich chinese families secured a territory and calls itsef the country of singapore? How about the american indians who owns the entire north ammerican continent? Where are they now? Peace time is the best time to prepare for the worst. Stockpile on everything, train plan set the infrastructure for maintaining peace. I think LWY character did the right thing in this story.

• Insightful 1

Kwon Sang-woo once said, "Lee Yo-won has been blessed with a very classic, timeless kind of beauty." And her beauty is 100% natural. Unlike those beautiful faces made under the knife. I first saw her at her drama, Bad Love. It's LYW who caught my attention, not KSW. Love her beautiful face. She's beautiful inside and out. Our queen is definitely a girl crush material. :wub:

• Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Wow, I didn't know KSW has praised about her beauty before.   Very nice to know.  She's certainly blessed with not her beauty alone, she got the height and physique of a model as well. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

I consider myself an expert women's beauty as well. LYW is naturally thin so she is likely to maintain her physique up to old age. Up to her  80s. She has flawless fair skin and fine facial features. Her hair is extremely healthy and she is intelligent and kind. I did not use her clothing in my criteria. I judged her on her God-given merits

bbd387f6gy1g3wdna135bj21400u077z.jpg

006ASebLly1g3we0jg8q4j30go0m8q48.jpg

bbd387f6gy1g3wdn6wozej21400u00yg.jpg

Spoiler

ac78d659ly1g3wbamg3gzj22io1w0kjl.jpg

Some fans met her at a bar/restaurant.

I actually have had a dream seeing her few months ago.  It felt so real.  I was really nervous to ask her for an autograph.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1