there's something about LYW that makes her so lovable and adorable.

haha...I've liked her since fashion 70's, was so surprised when i found out she was married and a mom already.

thanks for all the translated goodies!!

Guest lynn_9344

Wow! this thread is getting bigger..I slept and it's already page15 :D. keep on posting folks!

@7lotus

Yes, we all love her. She's beautiful inside and out :)

Thanks a lot again everyone for all the funny & interesting input in this thread, I love reading them.

But I love that among all of QSD winner team, only LYW & GHJ that remember to seek forgiveness for their temper in their acceptance speech at MBC Awards, that show how care both of them (maybe 'coz they're women).

nterview she said that she & PYJ had became friends & said goodbye to her with sincere & smiling face, that's sweet :D

That's right Cahya, I admire LYW & GHJ for that and & I guess it's also because they are women & both are married & have a family which made them more caring.

D Not a lot of budget. Kinda disturbing if you ask me.

I agree with you critic.

LYW's latest news

이요원 전액 자비로 소속사 필리핀 여행

★...역시 여왕의 배포는 컸습니다. 이요원이 소속사 식구들과 함께 18일 일주일간의 필리핀 여행을 떠났습니다. 이요원의 소속사 관계자는 "이요원이 전액 자비를 들여 소속사 스태프들과 가족과 함께 필리핀 세부 여행을 떠난다"고 밝혔습니다. 드라마 '선덕여왕' 종영 이후 그동안 밀렸던 광고 촬영 등 바쁜 나날을 보낸 이요원은 이번 휴가를 통해 1년 동안 묵었던 피로를 싹 풀어낼 계획이라고 하네요.

from http://news.nate.com/view/20100118n13591

Eng translation

LYW is currently heading to the Phillipines, Cebu for a wk holiday(today, 18/1/10)! Not only that, she has oso paid 4 all the expenses (eg. airfare, hotel, etc) for her management & family to go as well. :) After finishing QSD & commercials, she is hoping to use this holiday to relax.

3445s93.jpg

LYW was spotted in Myeong-Dong, Seoul yesterday buying iPhone 32G White. & someone blogged abt it (blog add: http://blog.naver.com/PostList.n ... ry&categoryNo=4)...currently, she is using Moto Luk (White). ;)

Another news:

Alcheon rang has newly signed & join the same management company as LYW (17/1/10).

He really become the bodyguard to QSD till the end hahaha :lol:

Yah I like tt part too! Esp when they used the footage & showed the Queen closing the eyes hahaha...It was shown after the MBC awards on the 15th of Jan...Bidam's song was out on the 8th I think...have no idea y she doesn't know, maybe on the day of the interview the song wasn't released yet?

It's good to know she's taking a holiday and it's in the Philippines! Wow! Yes, lucky for those who can accidentally meet her & her family. I have the same thoughts Cahya about the management going with her. Hope there will be no work but just to enjoy it. I think she needs it.

I find that funny too, Alcheon being loyal to our lovely QSD.

Some videos of her wedding :blush:

Quite Blurry

LYW's wedding

I 4gt to mention her hubby is older than her 5yrs...& here's the translation of part of the interview of him during the wedding

R: What do you like most of your bride?

H: Everything

R: Everything?

H: Yes

R: What kind of husband will you want to be?

H: The husband that can do everything that she wants to do

R: Even if she wants to act?

Ahh...so sweet :blush: I will add photos laters :P

Oh what a great husband!!! I think I am loving the couple now, lol!

thanks for the translations fatlouie85!

i knew that her husband was/is a golfer but i didnt know that her husband was from a rich family

she is adorable in the interview..very pretty and sweet.

its funny how shes wants to be praised as being ladylike when she's such a tomboy! :D

I cant wait for her film to come out..hopefully very soon.

Hahaha! yes. Seeing LYW's movies & dramas she indeed has a tomboy side on her, at the same time she also has her very feminine side...that's why it's very fascinating to watch her. She could switch to these characters so easily & casually.

Guest 1critic

LYW is currently heading to the Phillipines, Cebu for a wk holiday(today, 18/1/10)! Not only that, she has oso paid 4 all the expenses (eg. airfare, hotel, etc) for her management & family to go as well. After finishing QSD & commercials, she is hoping to use this holiday to relax.

3445s93.jpg

LYW was spotted in Myeong-Dong, Seoul yesterday buying iPhone 32G White. & someone blogged abt it (blog add: http://blog.naver.com/PostList.n ... ry&categoryNo=4)...currently, she is using Moto Luk (White). ;)

Another news:

Alcheon rang has newly signed & join the same management company as LYW (17/1/10).

He really become the bodyguard to QSD till the end hahaha

It's amazing how people tend to gravitate toward her.

Wow, Cebu, huh? She better hit the seafood and lechon shops really early before the lunch rush, or she'll probably get recognized or something. QSD is currently airing in the Phils. She'll get to see the first two eps during primetime. As for beaches, I'd recommend Bohol rather than Cebu itself, unless she wants to do a little sight-seeing and check out some of the historical places. Too bad she already missed the Sinulog Festival. That would've been awesome.

Guest loveitall

It's amazing how people tend to gravitate toward her.

1critic, yes, especially that she's the great Queen Seondeok of Shilla, she has just made herself more compelling & captivating!

Hahaha! yes. Seeing LYW's movies & dramas she indeed has a tomboy side on her, at the same time she also has her very feminine side...that's why it's very fascinating to watch her. She could switch to these characters so easily & casually.

Yes, the reason why MBC finally chose LYW after sortied some actress like GHJ, Lee Young-ae (Jang Geum), Sung Yu-ri, Myung Se-bin (Queen in Goong S), is because of her tomboyish characters in some of her movies & earlier dramas. Because I love sageuk especially about 3 Kingdoms & Koryo (I hate Joseon), I already anticipated QSD since last 2008 when MBC announced it. I really didn't think that LYW would be chosen, her name didn't popped out as one of candidates & she still not as senior as the other candidates yet. So I reaaally happy & surprised when she being chosen. That folded my interest & anticipation in watched QSD a few times :P

About low budget, yeah, I'm sure it's 'coz of MBC drought in 2009. Except QSD & QoH, all MBC dramas failed in ratings. No matter how success QSD as monster ratings national drama, compared to all other failed dramas, I think MBC still suffered loss. So maybe they didn't want to expense too much money.

Guest fatlouie85

Yes, the reason why MBC finally chose LYW after sortied some actress like GHJ, Lee Young-ae (Jang Geum), Sung Yu-ri, Myung Se-bin (Queen in Goong S), is because of her tomboyish characters in some of her movies & earlier dramas. Because I love sageuk especially about 3 Kingdoms & Koryo (I hate Joseon), I already anticipated QSD since last 2008 when MBC announced it. I really didn't think that LYW would be chosen, her name didn't popped out as one of candidates & she still not as senior as the other candidates yet. So I reaaally happy & surprised when she being chosen. That folded my interest & anticipation in watched QSD a few times :P

About low budget, yeah, I'm sure it's 'coz of MBC drought in 2009. Except QSD & QoH, all MBC dramas failed in ratings. No matter how success QSD as monster ratings national drama, compared to all other failed dramas, I think MBC still suffered loss. So maybe they didn't want to expense too much money.

Wow...QSD was my 1st sageuk, so I have no opinion abt wat r the pro's & con's & I didn't hear from QSD until I read tt the people didn't want Sung Yuri in it...den came the news of LYW being chosen...I have no qualms of her acting in it since I really like her (from SBDH & F70s), I juz couldn't imagine her being a queen bt the 1st photoshoot really blew me away coz she really have tt queenly look, plus her determine eyes haha...

We r lucky she didn't take on the baseball drama (Ailen Baseball Team i think)...there r many speculations then tt she might b taking it coz her management company was 1 of the producing company...

Yeah, I also wondering & feels weird about JSW sang. Not 'coz of he had no love story, but there are some casts that more important & often appeared than him in QSD. So I think maybe he had very good voice so he being chosen to sing, or maybe MBC wanted Special OST 1 for Gaya people But still, the lyrics feels weird, so not Wolya. Also it's rather peculiar why must KNG singing become secret, MBC even not openly released it, just online, didn't labeled as Special OST 3 either. Hmm...

yea cahya, I wonder why Joo Sang Wook was chosen... But so far i Think the guys in QSD have good voice, UTW, JSW n KNG.

n LYW, she has very soft n girly voice (her voice is much more like a girl than a woman), n i Love hearing her Voice :) :)

Ohya? KNG sings secretly? i see... i just know it

Some videos of her wedding

Quite Blurry

LYW's wedding

I 4gt to mention her hubby is older than her 5yrs...& here's the translation of part of the interview of him during the wedding

R: What do you like most of your bride?

H: Everything

R: Everything?

R: What kind of husband will you want to be?

H: The husband that can do everything that she wants to do

R: Even if she wants to act?

Ahh...so sweet I will add photos laters

Yeaa... i'm happy to know that.... her husban is so understanding...

i think she've found the best man for her live

Hope that they will be happy all their live... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest fatlouie85

Yeaa... i'm happy to know that.... her husban is so understanding...

i think she've found the best man for her live

Hope that they will be happy all their live... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Her hubby used to b really protective of her...& jealous as well (4 her kissing scenes :P like that time in Surprise Party, he was really uncomfortable so LYW only did a slight lip kiss :rolleyes: ), tt was b4 their marriage, after that he loosen up a bit....i guess they muz have come to an understanding b4 he let her return to showbiz in 2005 :)

Her hubby used to b really protective of her...& jealous as well (4 her kissing scenes :P like that time in Surprise Party, he was really uncomfortable so LYW only did a slight lip kiss :rolleyes: ), tt was b4 their marriage, after that he loosen up a bit....i guess they muz have come to an understanding b4 he let her return to showbiz in 2005 :)

Maybe they've made a commitment since they got married, LYW got married in so young age on her peak popularity, so that her husband must understand that LYW still has young passion for her carrier.

haha. it must be so hard to let your wife having kiss with someone else even it's just an acting.. B) B)

@fatlouie85: Yeah, I've heard Alien Baseball Team was supposed to be her series drama in 2009 before she being offered QSD. Yes, LYW mostly accepted by Korean public when MBC announced it, they prefer her rather than SYR. But still, many people wanted QSD role to be taken by senior actress in her 30's, in order to be balanced with GHJ in terms of acting quality, & actually other candidates beside SYR were like that (30's). That's why I'm surprised she being chosen, the news was so suddenly. Some regard her posture as too thin, & bashed her 'coz of Bad Love. But like you, many was blown away by her Queen photoshoot.

And finally I knew her husband also "human" :P So he also got jealous eh, I thought he really never had problem about LYW's career & relationship with co-star. So that's why LYW never did kiss scene again.

@ninimi: Yes I was also surprised with her girly voice when sang haha...

Yes, the reason why MBC finally chose LYW after sortied some actress like GHJ, Lee Young-ae (Jang Geum), Sung Yu-ri, Myung Se-bin (Queen in Goong S), is because of her tomboyish characters in some of her movies & earlier dramas. Because I love sageuk especially about 3 Kingdoms & Koryo (I hate Joseon), I already anticipated QSD since last 2008 when MBC announced it. I really didn't think that LYW would be chosen, her name didn't popped out as one of candidates & she still not as senior as the other candidates yet. So I reaaally happy & surprised when she being chosen. That folded my interest & anticipation in watched QSD a few times

I just know that Lee Young-ae is in the same age with Go Hyun Jung, koz in Jewel In The Palace i sew her quiet young..

Sung Yu ri, i Don't know her :D

n Lee Yo Won, i used to don't know her too :P

But I Think MBC has taken the right choice to have LYW as Queen Seon Deok, she really fit on her character.

she can be so young n boyish n funny n cute, but she can also be so strong n straight as a Queen..

That's why i become her fan after watching QSD :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

@ cahya

yeaa, in her song, she makes her voice so cute n soft, n together with the piano, just piano.. it really makes me melt :D :D

it's good to not using many music instruments like song of UTW, JSW, even KNG, so we really have differentiations among those male song..

but when she still a nangdo, her voice is just like a boy ;) ;)

@ninimi: LYW song is like "acoustic ballad" to me, piano as the only BGM make me shudder, the feeling is so strong. Oh, I really hope MBC will release QSD OST 2, there's still some BGM that left. And I want all QSD casts to do some promo in countries where QSD being aired & sing their chara songs :D But of course it's impossible giving their busy schedules.

Oh, and of course LYA still looked young in DJG, that's almost 7 years ago haha.... You don't know SYR? She is ex FinKL band member, & popular with dramas Hong Gil Dong & Snow Queen.

Guest smarties24

I started liking LYW from SBDH. I actually wasnt really interested in watching this series at first because I thought the leads didnt seem too attractive (superficial i know! :P) but decided to give it a chance because it had good ratings. I watched it after it had finished airing.

You have to admit though LYW didnt look too great on the SBDH promo posters because she had just permed her hair so it was extremely curly and pretty unflattering!

After watching the series though, LYW became my favorite k-actress...she has the talent, looks and personality imo. :)

**news**

【2010-01-19】金南佶戀上同戲李瑤媛 無奈嘆對方已是人妻

演員合作時間一長,真的容易日久生情!?韓劇「善德女王」飾演「毗曇」的金南佶,先前接受媒體訪問時自爆如果真有機會的話,會選擇和李瑤媛交往,可惜對方已經為人妻,加上自己目前也是感情空窗期,不知道何時才能完成終身大事。

金南佶在「善德女王」現身成功吸引觀眾目光,他也不諱言自己的理想對象就是李瑤媛這種類型,不過對方已經結婚,只能自己空想:「如果有這樣的老婆該有多好!」,李瑤媛則開玩笑說會幫他介紹對象,讓金南佶還滿期待能有展開新戀情。「善德女王」每週一至五晚間10時在緯來戲劇台播出。

The gist of the above is that KNG accepted an interview today and said that if she was single and not married then he would like to date her. He said that she was his ideal type and that it would be great to have a wife like her.

fyi - hes mentioned this before, but the reporters must have asked him this types of questions again :D

I started liking LYW from SBDH. I actually wasnt really interested in watching this series at first because I thought the leads didnt seem too attractive (superficial i know! :P) but decided to give it a chance because it had good ratings. I watched it after it had finished airing.

You have to admit though LYW didnt look too great on the SBDH promo posters because she had just permed her hair so it was extremely curly and pretty unflattering!

After watching the series though, LYW became my favorite k-actress...she has the talent, looks and charisma imo. :)

:D

Yes, smarties I also find LYW's hair in SBDH terrible & funny especially when she wore it down, but she looked cute also when she tied it back. Anyway, it's in QSD that I first saw LYW, I was not fascinated by her look when she was a nangdo though she was cute & really acted like a boy, what fascinated me the most there was the storyline. However, after she changed her nangdo clothes to another kind & she wore her hair down (the scene where Alcheon was to commit suicide & she approached him) I started to notice her beauty & got more captivated when she became a princess. I love those close-up shots. Yes, that's also the things that got me drawn or attracted to her, she has the talent, looks and charisma.

BTW, I was browsing the internet and found this facebook page of LYW. I was surprised to see that she has a lot of fans. I checked the fan photos & comments posted but I couldn't understand most of them, hahaha! It could be Indonesian or I don't know. Anyway, it's good to know that a lot of people outside Korea are now recognizing LYW.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lee-Yo-Won/189032093679?v=info

Guest butterfly07

After watching the series though, LYW became my favorite k-actress...she has the talent, looks and personality imo. :)

**news**

【2010-01-19】金南佶戀上同戲李瑤媛 無奈嘆對方已是人妻

演員合作時間一長,真的容易日久生情!?韓劇「善德女王」飾演「毗曇」的金南佶,先前接受媒體訪問時自爆如果真有機會的話,會選擇和李瑤媛交往,可惜對方已經為人妻,加上自己目前也是感情空窗期,不知道何時才能完成終身大事。

金南佶在「善德女王」現身成功吸引觀眾目光,他也不諱言自己的理想對象就是李瑤媛這種類型,不過對方已經結婚,只能自己空想:「如果有這樣的老婆該有多好!」,李瑤媛則開玩笑說會幫他介紹對象,讓金南佶還滿期待能有展開新戀情。「善德女王」每週一至五晚間10時在緯來戲劇台播出。

The gist of the above is that KNG accepted an interview today and said that if she was single and not married then he would like to date her. He said that she was his ideal type and that it would be great to have a wife like her.

fyi - hes mentioned this before, but the reporters must have asked him this types of questions again :D

Hahaha...CUTE!

I had no doubt that KNG really like LYW. LOL. There was an interview with the main cast and the host asks whether Yushin prefer princess chun myung or Deokman and KNG was like, I'll choose, I like Deokman, then UTW was like, then I'll choose P. Chun myung. Hehehe. Something like that. Really Cute of KNG!

Yes, smarties I also find LYW's hair in SBDH terrible & funny especially when she wore it down, but she looked cute also when she tied it back. Anyway, it's in QSD that I first saw LYW, I was not fascinated by her look when she was a nangdo though she was cute & really acted like a boy, what fascinated me the most there was the storyline. However, after she changed her nangdo clothes to another kind & she wore her hair down (the scene where Alcheon was to commit suicide & she approached him) I started to notice her beauty & got more captivated when she became a princess. I love those close-up shots. Yes, that's also the things that got me drawn or attracted to her, she has the talent, looks and charisma.

BTW, I was browsing the internet and found this facebook page of LYW. I was surprised to see that she has a lot of fans. I checked the fan photos & comments posted but I couldn't understand most of them, hahaha! It could be Indonesian or I don't know. Anyway, it's good to know that a lot of people outside Korea are now recognizing LYW.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lee-Yo-Won/189032093679?v=info

Yeah, you know, her hair in SBDH was intentionally for dr.Bong image :P She immediately changed her hairstyle after it finished. And before she become Princess, she really didn't wore make up at all ! So you can see her beauty is pure. I like when her hair got pony tailed after she ran from Palace to avoid MS coup. She looked fresh, & unlike before became Princess, she got make up there although again wore male clothes haha.

And that facebook page is from Indonesian people, looks like from QSD fans. But try to post English there.

@butterfly07: Can you post the interview vid you mentioned above? Maybe I've already seen it but forget. Thx.

@smarties24: Hoo... KNG already back in Kor now? Or media just released another interview of him before he went to Indo & US? Doesn't the media even get bored asked him that question again & again? How many times already since QSD? Haha... thanks for the news :lol:

I've noticed that she & KNG have 1 same trait, both can be active & cheerful at times but sometimes they can become really calm & quiet, like 2 sides of coin, maybe that's why they comfortable with each other.