I just finished epi. 4 of "different dreams". The sceneries in the Manchurian desert is beautiful. The train scene was intense. I know from history that Japan occupied a part of China but not entire China.  So what happened was back then is all countries against Japan like Korean resistance all sought refuge and support from China. Some love stories such as this one could have happened as history was unravelling. When Japan was defeated in WWII. Jeoson ceased to exist. The Jeoson  King became an ordinary Japanese citizen and the last Jeoson princess was committed to a mental asylum in Japan because she resisted assimilation. I got that from another Korean movie. I became a historian by combining all the movies together.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rabbit Fence said:

I was also trying to rewatch EOG but it still breaks my heart while watching it. I can try to understand her cousin and step mom. But her older brother and sister is just too much. I’m getting upset just thinking about them.. lol

Despite how much I love the dialogues in EOG, it's difficult to re-watch, unfortunately.  Generally, I can tolerate for all the characters in any dramas, EOG is the exception. 

I'm also not too fond of the bro, but I think I can forgive him somewhat.  At least he redeems at the end.  I can't really blame him much coz his greed is bigger than his head.  He got lured by others.

• Confused 1

Why The 3 Leading Ladies Of “Different Dreams” Are Absolute Girl Crushes

Why The 3 Leading Ladies Of “Different Dreams” Are Absolute Girl Crushes

May 26, 2019
by S. Cho

MBC’s “Different Dreams” stars Lee Yo Won, Nam Gyu Ri, and Park Ha Na, who are greeting viewers with three different girl crush charms each week.

“Different Dreams” is a historical spy drama, set in the Joseon Dynasty during Japanese colonial rule. It tells the dramatic and action-packed story of doctor Lee Young Jin (played by Lee Yo Won) and Heroic Corps leader Kim Won Bong (played by Yoo Ji Tae). The drama also commemorates the 100th anniversary of the forming of the Korean Provisional Government in 1919, which is seen as the foundation for Korea’s government today.

Lee Yo Won portrays classy Lee Young Jin, who leads a double-life as a Korean-Japanese doctor and spy. Born to powerful Hiroshi, a hospital director, Lee Young Jin has grown up perfectly protected. She is a delicately presented woman, with elegant clothing and a graceful vibe. Lee Yo Won grabs viewers’ attention just with her gaze, and is showing off impressive appeal in both her professional role as a doctor, and her determination as a spy. Viewers can now look forward to her increasing role as a spy in upcoming episodes.

Lee-Yo-Won.jpg

Nam Gyu Ri plays Miki, a jazz singer at a rock club, and showcases fatal yet irresistible harshness. Miki’s charm comes especially from her flamboyant and luxurious outfits that you cannot take your eyes off of. In upcoming episodes, the audience can look forward to how she portrays her soft and lovely side, as she begins to reveal her feelings toward Fukuda (played by Im Joo Hwan). However, there is even more curiosity surrounding whether Miki will be a friend or foe to Lee Young Jin.

Nam-Gyu-Ri-3.jpg

Park Ha Na made her first appearance in episode 12 as Cha Jeong Im alongside Yoo Ji Tae and Cho Bok Rae, setting the tone for her antique and retro character. While on the outside she is simply a dressmaker and designer, Cha Jeong Im is also the only female member of the Heroic Corps. She came to join after recognizing her feelings for Kim Won Bong, whom she has known since they were young. As a relatively newer character, viewers can look forward to how her story will draw out, and how she will fall in line with the action.

Park-Ha-Na-1.jpg

“Different Dreams” flaunts an impressive cast consisting of Lee Yo Won, Yoo Ji Tae, Im Joo Hwan, Nam Gyu Ri, Heo Sung Tae, and Cho Bok Rae, and is directed and written by staff of “Saimdang, Light’s Diary,” “The Legend,” and “Iris.” The drama airs every Saturday at 9:05 p.m. KST.

Source

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rather than asking KWB that cliche question, I would love to see someone (probably Fukuda or Hiroshi or Kim Gu) asking LYJ the same Question "will you shoot KWB if he's against you?". I think despite being a woman, LYJ is emotionally stronger than both KWB and Fukuda. She's like steel lady for me so far. What do you think she will answer ? "yes" or "nah" ?

2 hours ago, QSD said:

When YJ leaving her hands off from WB's, the scene reminds me of Bideok.

I thought I was the only one thinking of Bidoek at this scene... man, I guess we need to prepare our heart well. :wacko:

I gradually like KWB, Fukuda and Hiroshi... I hope nothing too tragic waiting for them ahead. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 2:58 PM, QSD said:

Despite how much I love the dialogues in EOG, it's difficult to re-watch, unfortunately.  Generally, I can tolerate for all the characters in any dramas, EOG is the exception. 

I'm also not too fond of the bro, but I think I can forgive him somewhat.  At least he redeems at the end.  I can't really blame him much coz his greed is bigger than his head.  He got lured by others.

I can also tolerate the characters in other dramas except EOG too.

I can forgive him a bit too. But its more of he actually doesnt have any choice in the end. If he supported Seo-yoon in the beginning things wont be that difficult for both of them ( Sorry I think I’m too emotional when it comes to EOG)

11 hours ago, Rabbit Fence said:

I can also tolerate the characters in other dramas except EOG too.

I can forgive him a bit too. But its more of he actually doesnt have any choice in the end. If he supported Seo-yoon in the beginning things wont be that difficult for both of them ( Sorry I think I’m too emotional when it comes to EOG)

I understand.  Yes, if the bro was obedient to the chairman and settled down with what he got to cooperating with his sister Seo Yoon to manage SJG, she wouldn’t have so much headaches in fighting against her own siblings, plus the other 3 formidable opponents.  When they’re united, nobody else could have touched the empire.  It’s a shame his jealousy and greed have overtaken him.  He also didn’t realize his ability is limited till the end.  For all the headache and heartache that SY has had gone thru to fulfill her father’s wish, is commendable.  It shows how strong, brave, intelligent, perseverant, and dutiful she is.  SY is among the top of favorite characters for me.

I think we all here have same sense when it comes to EOG... When the enemies are ppl outside like Tae-joo or Mishil in QSD, even if they are formidable, we can fight with our best. However, when enemies are our own blood bro and sis, and they are not even competent enough, it's harder for us, emotionally.

Glad that I finished EOG when it was being aired thank to the passionate thread of EOG in Soompi. If watching alone, I think I can't finish it.. the drama is emotionally wrecked. 

On 5/27/2019 at 5:56 AM, QSD said:

Tolerate my bad fashion sense, this whatever jacket really looks like bathrobe or sleepwear for me when the model wears it. LYW makes it look better, but still... :sweatingbullets:

25 minutes ago, vaiduakhu said:

I think we all here have same sense when it comes to EOG... When the enemies are ppl outside like Tae-joo or Mishil in QSD, even if they are formidable, we can fight with our best. However, when enemies are our own blood bro and sis, and they are not even competent enough, it's harder for us, emotionally.

Glad that I finished EOG when it was being aired thank to the passionate thread of EOG in Soompi. If watching alone, I think I can't finish it.. the drama is emotionally wrecked. 

I'm the only one here watching EOG. :(Should I continue watching it?