7 Binge-Worthy Supernatural Korean Dramas About Ghosts

It's time to meet some ~not-so-spooky~ ghosts!

by LILY GRACE TABANERA | May 11, 2019

There's such a great variety of Korean dramas out there! They've got one-of-a-kind medical dramas, dramas about North and South Korea, gender bender series, and even shows about time travel!

Are you familiar with dramas that center on ghosts, though? If you are, you'd notice K-dramas have a way of making them ~not-so-spooky~. They feature funny ghosts who love playing jokes and who are always up to some kind of mischief! They mix romance with mystery and are sure to keep you entertained. 

1. 49 Days (2011) 

The stars: Lee Yo Won and Nam Gyu Ri

The sitch: A young woman named Ji Hyun (Nam Gyu Ri) leads the perfect life: she's gorgeous, she's rich, she has a loving family, and she's about to marry her dashing fiancée. But that picture-perfect life is shattered when she gets into a car accident and ends up in a coma. She is given a second chance at life by a supernatural being called The Reaper, but it comes with one condition: she has to find three people outside of her family who would cry genuine tears for her. In order to do this, she borrows the body of Yi Kyung (Lee Yo Won), a part-time employee at a convenience store.

No. of episodes: 20 

2. Arang And The Magistrate (2012) 

3. Who Are You? (2013) 

4. The Master's Sun (2013) 

5. Oh My Ghost (2015) 

6. Let's Fight Ghost (2016) 

7. The Ghost Detective (2018)

Source

For you, what are the most rewatchable dramas/movies of Lee Yo Won?

• Like 2

For me it's QSD.  Both the story and her character are compelling, plus everything else are exceptional as well.

Currently, I also love rewatching DD.  Her character is really complicated and the aura she exudes is intriguing. The story is interesting too.

• Like 1

Her character in DD is the most intriguing one. She as "bluebird," I have a feeling there's something more behind this code. Not just being a spy. I love her character here and I love when her character is tough and strong.

For me, I love to rewatch most of her dramas, but sometimes just my favorite parts/scenes. I just finished rewatching QSD and 49 Days with my mom. She's a fan of LYW, too. :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lilac Escarlata said:

For me, I love to rewatch most of her dramas, but sometimes just my favorite parts/scenes.

Me too.
For me, most re-watchables ones 49 Days and QSD. My favourites, i never been bored of watching them. 
And i love to re-watch Ms. Temper, ASC and first half of Bad Love too.

60323533_352991755572959_8018587332101480236_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sof1-1.cdninstagram.com
BTS pic from photoshoot for Prelin.

• Like 4

“Different Dreams” Broadcast Cut In Half This Weekend

“Different Dreams” Broadcast Cut In Half This Weekend

May 21, 2019
by R. Jun

MBC’s “Different Dreams” will only be airing two episodes this weekend rather than the usual four.

A source from the drama said, “Due to the broadcast for the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup, the May 25 broadcast [of ‘Different Dreams’] will only be for episodes 13 and 14, running 70 minutes.”

This will be in lieu of the usual 120-minute broadcast.

Hinting at what’s to come in this week’s episodes, the production said Lee Yo Won‘s character is set to infiltrate the upper levels of the Japanese government in Korea. Meanwhile, stakes are getting higher as Yoo Ji Tae‘s character has officially begun assembling explosives.

Source

• Thanks 3

On 5/21/2019 at 7:10 AM, Lilac Escarlata said:

Her character in DD is the most intriguing one. She as "bluebird," I have a feeling there's something more behind this code. Not just being a spy. I love her character here and I love when her character is tough and strong.

What do you guys here think abt DD so far ? btw, are you still hovering on Fujin ship? or already jumped for your life? haha :lol:

I feel so peaceful in this drama as I don't ship any couple, and I'm not passionate abt any ship or love story.