So, you all already watched 4 first eps with sub? I haven't even downloaded the raw... :sweatingbullets: 

Thank Goodness, the drama is aired on Sat only. 

Some fan recognized that LYW wore same dress on NL's poster and DD's promotion video :lol:

8VHWwiqi_o.jpg

acq8hUWe_o.jpg

The dress looks gorgeous on her, btw. 

I wonder how celebrities can manage to wear different clothes whenever they show up in public. Rarely see LYW in same outfit in different public events or even normal life events. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Some fan recognized that LYW wore same dress on NL's poster and DD's promotion video :lol:

The dress looks gorgeous on her, btw. 

I wonder how celebrities can manage to wear different clothes whenever they show up in public. Rarely see LYW in same outfit in different public events or even normal life events. 

Maybe it's her lucky charm dress :D We all know that LYW gained many new fans in her drama Night Light.

I don’t think the dresses are the same.  The one in DD has cuffs while the other isn’t.  The fabric of newer dress looks shinier too.  This video can tell the difference of the dresses.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, QSD said:

I don’t think the dresses are the same.  The one in DD has cuffs while the other isn’t.  The fabric of newer dress looks shinier too.  This video can tell the difference of the dresses.

Yeah, at first glance it looks the same but if you look closely enough you can see the difference. And also notice the different shades of green between the two.

D5u7en9U8AEtpoA.jpg

I really love this scene.  The camera zooming in of her and the staring from Young Jin to him are fantastic.  The clothes she wears and the hat are elegant.  Like the solemn BGM too.

• Like 1

Finally watched it and love that twist too.

It’s my first time to watch this kind of drama and so far I’m loving it. It has a movie feel to it. My only problem is I’m so used of binge watching that Im not sure if my heart can take all the suspense and waiting..

• Like 1

It's a quality production, from story to Young Jin character, the visual, music, etc, are all good.  Unfortunately, the subject matter is still very sensitive to the general public, in particular to the older generations.  Probably international viewers would favor this drama a lot more.

fGpiVgsy4MWE636906581864916051.jpg?zoom=2&resize=360%2C218&ssl=1MBC

K-DRAMA

K-Drama Premiere: “Different Dreams” Drives Valiant Heroes On Its Opening Week

By abbyinhallyuland | May 8, 2019

EMOTIONAL AND THRILLING — DIFFERENT DREAMS PREMIERE WASTED NO SECOND OF WHERE ITS NARRATIVE WOULD HEAD TO ON ITS OFFICIAL LAUNCH.

Covering Korea’s period of history when the country was colonized by Japan, Different Dreams delves on untold stories of freedom fighters and independence movements.

Different Dreams

As is the case for stories depicted during this period of time in Korea, the series expects harrowing moments highlighting patriots. Suiting up for the main leads are Yoo Ji Tae, Lee Yo Won and Lim Ju Hwan, who had all been introduced in the premiere episode. Nam Gyu Ri faintly made her presence as well.

2019 Korean Dramas - Different Dreams

PREMIERE WEEK RECAP

Kim Won Bong (Yoo Ji Tae), the leader of Heroic Corps, is on the lookout for an intel about the missing Russian fund. Awaiting at a rendezvous point, he and Kim Nam Ok spot their fellow member talking to police officer Matsuura. Left with no choice, Won Bong fires two fatal bullets and runs to escape. Rushed to the nearby hospital, the heroic corps renegade fights to live. Fortunately, skilled doctor Lee Young Jin (Lee Yo Won) saves his life.

Meanwhile, Young Jin reconnects with close friend Esther who returns without notice in the hospital. In passing, Esther inquires about the other friend in their clique Yoo Tae Joon. But Young Jin does not know his whereabouts. Aware that her friends are freedom fighters, Young Jin gets offended when Esther questions where her loyalty lies. Having been adopted by Japanese parents, Young Jin firmly resigns to the idea of just living her life as it is.

Different Dreams

Forced to get information from Park Heok, the traitor Heroic Corps member Matsuura orders Young Jin to wake him up. Park Heok reveals information about “blue bird” and an assassination ploy by a female Joseon doctor.

When Young Jin realizes what Esther’s sudden appearance is about, she rushes to where her friend is. Conducting a physical check up with a high ranking Japanese official, Esther readies a fatal injection. In the process of pleading her friend not to proceed with her mission, Esther dies when she is shot mercilessly by the Japanese official.

A FEMALE JOSEON DOCTOR

The attempted assassination causes Matsuura to invite Young Jin for questioning. Also, Fukuda, a prosecutor joins the investigation on a separate boat. Knowing Young Jin is in danger, Won Bong goes incognito to infiltrate the police detention center. He visits Park Heok for one last talk and leaves a piece of cloth that bears the name of all members of Heroic Corps. Then he proceeds to rescue Young Jin, but she orders him to leave.

Redeeming himself, Park Heok hung himself to death. Hence, Matsuura’s plan to pin Young Jin with fabricated evidence came to a naught. Resorting to getting it from his corpse, Matsuura is greeted by Fukuda who castigates his desperate move.

QUzuTYRb9KPA636924739311775845.jpg?resiz

Knowing the internal conflict between the police and military officers, Young Jin tells her Japanese foster father that she will leave for China to not cause any problems for him.

On board a ship headed to China, Won Bong approaches Young Jin, but the latter dismisses his presence and blames him on what happened to her friend. Later, alone in her room, Young Jin stares at a book and a flashback of her talking to a man revealed that she is also a spy.

iEkeumAACUck636921316586968320.jpg?resiz

PREMIERE WEEK AFTERTHOUGHTS

I am glad I am only covering the premiere of Different Dreams because I honestly dozed off after reading resources about Korea’s Provisional Government.

Notably, the polished introductions of the characters opened the dilemmas and conflicts to be tackled in the succeeding episodes. Peeling off the secrets of the main leads seems to be a driving point of the enthralling storyline. In addition, I like how the sentiments of the characters are shadowed with ulterior motives set for them.

I have mostly covered Korean history because of the period dramas that I watched so far. Different Dreams will be a latest valuable addition considering the years covered by the story.

Considering its depth and heavy theme, this weekly serving would test the viewers’ patience. But if you are up for the challenge, then set your Saturday on a four-episode binge on MBC.

*All photos from MBC

Source

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Im Joo Hwan And Lee Yo Won Enjoy The Night Streets Of Shanghai In “Different Dreams”

Im Joo Hwan And Lee Yo Won Enjoy The Night Streets Of Shanghai In “Different Dreams”

May 10, 2019
by S. Nam

New stills from MBC’s “Different Dreams” show Lee Yo Won and Im Joo Hwan out on a sweet night time date!

“Different Dreams” is an espionage drama set in the 1930s during the Japanese colonization of Korea. The drama tells the story of the fight for independence led by Kim Won Bong (played by Yoo Ji Tae), the leader of the secret organization Heroic Corps, and Lee Young Jin (played by Lee Yo Won), a surgeon who becomes a spy for the resistance. Im Joo Hwan and Nam Gyu Ri also star in the drama as a Japanese prosecutor and a jazz club singer, respectively. The drama premiered to solid ratings, scoring average nationwide ratings of 5.0 percent, 7.1 percent, 5.9 percent, and 6.5 percent for its four parts.

In the last broadcast, Lee Young Jin was taken to the police for investigation on the suspicion of participating in a plan to assassinate the head of the Japanese army. Fukuda (played by Im Joo Hwan), who was the prosecutor for the case, felt curiosity towards Lee Young Jin and her upright and tenacious character, so he actively helped to prove her innocence in order for her to be released as soon as possible. Fukuda also confessed, “I will wait for you,” to Lee Young Jin who has to leave for Shanghai, sparking curiosity among the viewers as to what will happen between the resistance spy and Japanese prosecutor.

In the released stills, Lee Yo Won and Im Joo Hwan are spending time together in the beautifully lit streets of Shanghai and share a heart-fluttering gaze. However, the two are not fated to be as they are a spy for the provisional government and a Japanese prosecutor. In particular, there is subtle tension felt by viewers from their dangerous relationship as Fukuda does not even imagine that Lee Young Jin is a spy.

Im-Joo-Hwan-Lee-Yo-Won-1.jpg

Director Yoon Sang Ho of “Different Dreams” said, “One of the points to watch out for will be provisional government spy ‘Blue Bird’ Lee Yo Won’s move to Shanghai. Furthermore, tension will increase with the surfacing of the threats surrounding spy Lee Yo Won including pressure from the Heroic Corps, the pursuit from the Japanese prosecutor, and more.”

MBC’s “Different Dreams” airs every Saturday at 9:05 p.m. KST.

Soompi

Naver

:wub::wub::wub:

• Thanks 3