5443cc45414e45ffb1a8a20c09cfdf96.jpeg?s=

Nam Gyu Ri Is Intrigued And Captivated By Im Joo Hwan In Upcoming Spy Drama

Apr 21, 2019
by sala12

MBC’s upcoming drama “Different Dreams” has released new stills showing the first meeting between Im Joo Hwan and Nam Gyu Ri.

“Different Dreams” is an espionage melodrama that takes place during the Japanese colonial rule over Korea. It will tell the story of the fight for independence led by secret organization Heroic Cops leader Kim Won Bong and the Korean-Japanese surgeon Lee Young Jin. Not only does the drama have a star-studded lineup including Lee Yo Won, Yoo Ji Tae, Im Joo Hwan, Nam Gyu Ri, Heo Sung Tae, Jo Bok Rae, SS501’s Kim Kyu Jong, and more, but the drama is also directed by Yoon Sang Ho who directed “Saimdang, Light’s Diary” and “The Legend” and written by Jo Kyu Won who wrote the “IRIS” series.

In the upcoming drama, Im Joo Hwan will be playing the Japanese prosecutor Fukuda, and Nam Gyu Ri will be taking on the role of Miki, a charming jazz singer at a club in Gyeongseong. Viewers are already excited to see how the story will unfold between the two characters as they become involved with Lee Young Jin (played by Lee Yo Won), a secret agent for independence fighters leading a double life, and Kim Won Bong (played by Yoo Ji Tae), a man who leads the armed resistance against the Japanese.

Different-Dreams-Im-Joo-Hwan-Nam-Gyu-Ri.

In the released stills, Im Joo Hwan steals viewers’ attention with his stunning visuals and gentle smile that exudes elegance. Nam Gyu Ri is shown observing Im Joo Hwan from afar. Viewers are excited to find out what kind of relationship will develop between the two characters, since Nam Gyu Ri is unable to take her eyes off of Im Joo Hwan with her beautiful yet undecipherable gaze.

The photos showcase Fukuda and Miki’s first meeting at a club in Gyeongseong, and Miki’s feelings for Fukuda will continue to grow after this encounter. The club acts as a location in which upper class Japanese people share information while enjoying entertainment. At the center of it all is Miki, who’s expected to shake up Fukuda, as well as Lee Young Jin and Kim Won Bong, with her instinctive intuition.

The production staff of “Different Dreams” shared, “Nam Gyu Ri, with her curiosity for Im Joo Hwan and her instinctive intuition, will be an important key in changing the characters’ relationships.” They added, “Please look forward to ‘Different Dreams,’ which will be filled with swirling tension caused by each of the choices and situations that will be faced by Lee Yo Won, Yoo Ji Tae, Im Joo Hwan, and Nam Gyu Ri.”

MBC’s “Different Dreams” premieres on May 4 at 9:05 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki with English subtitles.

Watch the trailer below:

Watch Now

Source (1)

It's charming Fukuda, indeed.  Anyone is melting of him yet?

• Thanks 3

On 4/19/2019 at 1:35 PM, QSD said:

You guys make me miss ASC.  Love this drama too.  In term of script writing, ASC is actually one of the best works of Yowon.  I remember Vaiduakhu ranked QSD=SBDH as your top choice, then 49 Days.  I’m curious what your third selection is.  Is it ASC?

Viki has translated 2 trailers for those of you are interested.  Does anyone know how fast Viki can provide subs these days?  I’ve only assumed it’s about a day, but then I don’t watch any other dramas besides Yowon's so I have no clue if that’s accurate.  I suppose now the subs would be available much faster with the auto-generated audio to subs software like YouTube has, which generating the timing already.  All it needs is a translator to transcribing to another language and doing some QC’ing. 

It's difficult to rank 49 days and ASC because 2 dramas are in different category. I think I like them equally. They have their own charms :) 

I have never watched dramas online in Viki before. You need to pay to subscribe to this page ? Same as you, I haven't watched any on-going dramas beside LYW's. The lastest drama of LYW we watched with decent sub is EOG? subbed by Viki ? (whoever translated EOG, they did such a beautiful job, btw). I remember the sub was available 2 days after on-air date, right? I don't even remember where I downloaded the sub back then. Subscene ? 

7 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

It's difficult to rank 49 days and ASC because 2 dramas are in different category. I think I like them equally. They have their own charms :) 

I have never watched dramas online in Viki before. You need to pay to subscribe to this page ? Same as you, I haven't watched any on-going dramas beside LYW's. The lastest drama of LYW we watched with decent sub is EOG? subbed by Viki ? (whoever translated EOG, they did such a beautiful job, btw). I remember the sub was available 2 days after on-air date, right? I don't even remember where I downloaded the sub back then. Subscene ? 

There’s no charge for older dramas.  As for the new ones, you can start free trial.  I don’t remember anything about the sub where I got it or who did it for EOG at all.  Appreciated for such a great job well-done though.  It’s a difficult drama to tackle.

14 hours ago, Lilac Escarlata said:

Lee Yo Won with So Ji Sub 

(The first youth sitcom in Korea, Three Guys and Three Girls 1996-1999)

----------

How come this one is not included in the list of LYW's TV shows?

On her filmography, there is a series called "5 sisters" (MBC). Is it this one, perhaps? 

Btw, I find family sitcom funny. Korean sitcom "high kick" is one of rare non-LYW's stuffs which I watched, it's hilarious and meaningful. I hope LYW can do sth like this in the future. 

4 hours ago, ozge said:

1649ce6aadf3137e8c11dabacded9e51.jpg

Meeting in Shanghai, I guess... Wow, love at first sight from KWB ??? Fukuda, where were you at important moments? why didn't you accompany her? :D 

I'm sorry FuJin shippers, but seem your ship is sinking even deeper to where Titanic lay :lol:

• LOL 3

11 hours ago, Lilac Escarlata said:

How come this one is not included in the list of LYW's TV shows?

She was guest there not in main cast. Maybe this is why this one is not included in her list. I don't know. 

1 hour ago, vaiduakhu said:

I'm sorry FuJin shippers, but seem your ship is sinking even deeper to where Titanic lied :lol:

She hadn't any normal relationship in any drama since 49 Days. And we shipped her with Uee, Woo Joo, Jun, Ramen Boy. Fujin or Bojin is OK for me, i just wanna see some romantic scenes this time. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2