It's hard to tell Cahya, everyone seems to like the drama so much & just enjoying it. There were some who say he/she likes this character but I could not tell who is more popular... it's balance I think. Besides LYW just came out...this week episode is Deokman being tortured. So basically they have only seen LYW in nangdo training days & during the war...not so much yet ne. There were many comments however about the voices that dubbed the original characters...many were not satisfied about it.

Oh so it's still in early epi eh, so BD-CC not yet appear. Hmm... in that case we still can't judge popularity yet before that 2 people come out :P Why it took so long? Is it only air once a week?

It's LYW in OHUI Press Con:

ofdr1u.jpg

Oh so it's still in early epi eh, so BD-CC not yet appear. Hmm... in that case we still can't judge popularity yet before that 2 people come out :P Why it took so long? Is it only air once a week?

Yes, I think so, they air it on Thursdays & replay it on Fridays & Saturdays.

Thanks for LYW's pic.

Guest fatlouie85

Hello, thank you very much for all your sharings, love them all. Keep them coming....

BTW, does anyone have any info on LYW's hubby? I tried to google him but no luck. Is he a popular golf player in Korea? I wish the couple will also come out in the spotlight sometimes...I want to see them together, of course much better if the daughter also could join them. But I think LYW would not want to do it, right? Korean media is sometimes harsh when they mock. I read somewhere that before taking her comeback in Fashion 70s, she had to think a lot whether to do it or not because of her family & the media. She was afraid if they also get mocked.

Hi all!

I've read from somewhere that her husband doesn't play the sport anymore, @ least not in tournaments...he is doing business ;)

Well, tt's one of the reason y LYW doesn't do much interview or likes to remain under the limelight coz she is really fed up of the media (she experience too much whereby the media will often twist her words :( ) Bt I guess she really like acting hence she couldn't give tt up so after getting the approval of her in-laws she came back & act again :) I oso think the older her daughter is, the less chance we will get to c her coz she wants to prevent all the unhappiness from befalling onto her daughter...whereas from her own family, she gt all the support already. Besides during the time b4 debuting, her parents wasn't the one who stop her, it was her grandpa bt seeing how successful she was, he relent in the end :D

ofdr1u.jpg

pretty.. but what happened with her hair? does she make it cut? short hair? eem.. i prefer she has a long hair.. ;)

Umm. so QSD now is in early episodes in Japan, hope that it will get good responds there..

nikachan, u're from japan?

n Cahya, R u indonesian? B) , coz so am i... :P

fatlouie85, oohh,,, i seee... that's he is... busenessman, right..

yeaaah, hope that LYW can live a happy life

but what about her close relationship to Kim Nam Gil , especially about what happened on MBC Drama award where there's so many video from fans showing how close they are.

n some thought If Only LYW has not married yet, it would be a very good couple on LYW n KNG *sigh

Guest lynn_9344

http://i47.tinypic.com/ofdr1u.jpg

Oh, cahya this is the pic I was referring to. You got it already. I was supposed to post it now but since you had it already. Many thanks.

@fatlouie85: Thx for you info. Actually, what the media had said all this time about her & family that made her feel fed up? What kind of words that they twisted from her? I thought her marriage kinda free from gossip? And when she's married, how the reaction of media & fans? Did their relationship seemed too suddenly or already being known in public before they married? I'm sorry for a lot of question, but I started to become her fan since Fashion 70's, so I don't know much about her before.

@ninimi: No I'm from S'pore :P But I have friends in Indo so I can speak Indonesian language pretty fluent.

@lynn: So she still haven't make the ad yet eh? Just press con?

Guest lynn_9344

@fatlouie85: Thx for you info. Actually, what the media had said all this time about her & family that made her feel fed up? What kind of words that they twisted from her? I thought her marriage kinda free from gossip? And when she's married, how the reaction of media & fans? Did their relationship seemed too suddenly or already being known in public before they married? I'm sorry for a lot of question, but I started to become her fan since Fashion 70's, so I don't know much about her before.

@ninimi: No I'm from S'pore :P But I have friends in Indo so I can speak Indonesian language pretty fluent.

@lynn: So she still haven't make the ad yet eh? Just press con?

When she had her child she was publicly criticized because she went to New York to have her child there. The media called it a "Birth Tour". Also, when she accepted Fashion 70's, she was paid handsomely making her one of the highest paid actresses. I read somewhere that she declined many offers before such as Damo and My Tutor Friend movie.

@cahya

No it's not presscon. What I saw was a print ad with her face and the brand's name.I did not download it, I just took note of the brand. I didn't know that KNG was already signed for the endorsement.

When she had her child she was publicly criticized because she went to New York to have her child there. The media called it a "Birth Tour". Also, when she accepted Fashion 70's, she was paid handsomely making her one of the highest paid actresses. I read somewhere that she declined many offers before such as Damo and My Tutor Friend movie.

@cahya

No it's not presscon. What I saw was a print ad with her face and the brand's name.I did not download it, I just took note of the brand. I didn't know that KNG was already signed for the endorsement.

Hmm... so it's like that, thx. I think it's ok to have your child abroad. As long as it's not, you know, pregnant before married or something like that :P

So she candidated for Damo too eh, guess she really popular choice for historical genre. That's great series too although short one. But I like she chose Fashion 70's instead, the longer series.

I also still can't find the print ad. No one had posted it again.

I remember when I watched Fashion 70s, I did some search on her. She used to live in the US for a while (husband worked there?) and there's a pix of her and small daughter in front of computer, like a normal mother. Is that true she went t US only for having baby or they lived there? Anyway I like her as a good mother and modest wife..Somehow I see her face has similar spirit like GHJ.

Guest 1critic

For now not everyone could see it because Fuji TV is showing it in their satellite channel & not everyone has access on it yet. Unlike Winter Sonata, Jang Geum...etc. they were shown in local TV channels so everyone could see it right away.

So I checked the Japanese sites to see how QSD is doing in Japan & I was amazed at what I have discovered..wow!!! I was overwhelmed by so many sites. ...I read through some of the blogs & forums & the response about QSD is also good. Most were looking forward to watching the drama & there are some who were already a fan of LYW because of Bad Love, Bong Dal Hee & Fashion 70s. Also, the news articles were a little different from what we read at soompi. Check out this one that I attached below, it is talking about Yushin & Deokman as the center of attraction.

【韓流】『善徳女王』、スタート26話で視聴率40%台突破 2009/08 ...

【 Korean boom 】'Queen Seondeok' level breakthrough 2009/08 of audience rating 40% start at episode 26.

http://news.searchina.ne.jp/disp.cgi?y=200..._0819_031.shtml

English translation of the article:

The MBC drama 'Queen Seondeok' exceeded the audience rating 40% by broadcasting episode 26 and it reached the level of a national drama.

On the 18th QSD episode 26 was broadcast where Kim Yushin's passion & love for great cause, assumed & would risk himself only for Deokman, "It is her the king of whom I chose" It notified the real start of season 2. The audience rating rose up to 42% in the whole country by the formation of a new good morality sect that made Deokman a center, and the metropolitan area audience rating rose up to 44.3% very much at a dash. This is a record jumped over by the highest audience rating in oneself as much as 39.5% recorded on the 11th by the numerical value that rises by 3% from 39% that broadcasting on the 17th recorded. Kim Yushin chosing great cause, helping Deokman becoming a King over his love for her. And Deokman's one or two myrmidons (a follower who obeys orders without question) matched the power and attracted viewers eyes.

And check out this Japanese site which has LYW. Isn't she cute in the pictures?

http://contents.innolife.net/listt.php?ai_id=1489

...Oh good god. The woman's beauty is painful.

Wow, and they even have the obvious disadvantage of satellite airing. Imagine what would happen if this went national. Everybody would go nuts.

Speaking of the word "national," what does it mean, the term "national drama?"

You are very welcome ninimi. I enjoyed that video too especially when you understand what they were saying. It's really funny & so cute of them get so shy & laughing so hard about it when asking foreigners to watch their drama or movie. Their laughs were so magnetizing...hahaha! I love watching that part so much.

That last comment by UTW really cracked the three girls up. LYW could hardly contain herself. I really, really like her and GHJ's laughing faces. Duno why.

This cast has fantastic chemistry. I really, REALLY hope they get to work together again soon. I'd definitely make a weekly date with a show like that.

I guess it also helps that they don't have any divas/big superstars on the cast, so everybody was more or less on equal footing. .

When she had her child she was publicly criticized because she went to New York to have her child there. The media called it a "Birth Tour"... I read somewhere that she declined many offers before such as Damo and My Tutor Friend movie.

I wonder why though. Hmm... A move like that seems too awfully familiar.

:o She would've done brilliantly in Damo.

One thing that I like about her is that even though she's very hardworking, she seems to make it a point to enjoy herself while doing it. Not like other actors who take themselves too seriously and end up alienating the rest of the cast and crew. Her rapport with KNG and UTW really got to me.

Speaking of the word "national," what does it mean, the term "national drama?"

She would've done brilliantly in Damo.

One thing that I like about her is that even though she's very hardworking, she seems to make it a point to enjoy herself while doing it. Not like other actors who take themselves too seriously and end up alienating the rest of the cast and crew. Her rapport with KNG and UTW really got to me.

National drama is a drama that can reach weekly average rating over 40%.

Yeah, she will doing great in Damo too. But we can saw her longer in Fashion 70's (28 eps) , & she's brilliant too there, so yeah, I won't complain :P

I respect her husband for give her so much freedom in her career. Eventhough she can't do kissing scene anymore, at least she can be very friendly with her co-stars & he even give her permission to did bedscene in Bad Love !

Guest lynn_9344

I know I'm biased bec I'm a fan but Yes, she's in good terms with her co-stars. Not only the cast of QSD. When she did Fashion 70's, she and Joo Jin Mo had a blast. They are good friends. The BTS showed that they were really having fun along with cast and crew. Afterwhich, they (JJM and LYW) did a fashion catalog and a CF which was really cute. I think they even went to each others movie premieres. Kwon Sang Woo even stated that he had become good friends with her while filming the drama Bad Love bec of her personality. She's easy to work with and her co-star Lee Bum Soo in Surgeon Bong Dal Hee had only praises for her.

I think she lived in the US for a quite a while and then she came back, had her comeback in Fashion 70's. It's a good move though because being a new mom, she needs more time with her child and her family. I don't think she will have a semblance of normalcy while in her country being in the media spotlight. Living in there probably gave her some privacy and enjoy and spend a normal time with her family.

Guys, love that this thread is getting hot!!! Let's keep it going....BTW, have you heard about this? Anyway, I thought I'd share it with you. Again please bear with the translation.

Queen Seondeok Lee Yo Won enduring a crown of 20 kilos...

『善徳女王』イ・ヨウォン、「20キロの王冠、耐えるのが大変]

http://contents.innolife.net/news/list.php...mp;ai_id=107091

It was necessary to safeguard the neck

Wearing the heavy crown that Lee Yo Won wore in the MBC sageuk drama Queen Seondeok was the most serious, it was revealed.

Lee Yo Won entered & overcame the severe cold season. However, it is said that it was the heavy crown that was the most serious than being sleepy & hungry in the movie set on winter season.The crown that was 2-3 kilo became heavier after she became a queen because of the gay or bright gold accessories that were attached to it. The production explained that the weight actually experienced is 20K. "It is not only 20 kilos in simplicity, but also the overriding purpose or goal of the power of the neck was necessary to endure the weight or force of the head".The injury of the neck is a situation that we worried. If that happens it may become neck hernia of the intervertebral disk.

Moreover, it was necessary to take care. KNG & LSH were infected with the new virus influenza. LYW revealed that she developed a skin disease from the excreta in the marsh (remember that swamp Deokman, Alcheon & others fought during the war? I heard there were feces & urine of horses in it). LYW said that though there were various hardships & difficulties to defeat & overcome, the most painful one was the crown.

Guest raewonee

hi! I'm new here. .

I'm raewonee I'm also a fan of LYW. . I like cuz she is pure, beautiful and innocent girl

I 'm currently watching QSD here in the Philippines. I watch also her various drama

like Cruel love and Surgeon Bong Dal hee.. but now I'm crazy on QSD

Guest lynn_9344

Guys, love that this thread is getting hot!!! Let's keep it going....BTW, have you heard about this? Anyway, I thought I'd share it with you. Again please bear with the translation.

Queen Seondeok Lee Yo Won enduring a crown of 20 kilos...

『善徳女王』イ・ヨウォン、「20キロの王冠、耐えるのが大変]

http://contents.innolife.net/news/list.php...mp;ai_id=107091

It was necessary to safeguard the neck

Wearing the heavy crown that Lee Yo Won wore in the MBC sageuk drama Queen Seondeok was the most serious, it was revealed.

Lee Yo Won entered & overcame the severe cold season. However, it is said that it was the heavy crown that was the most serious than being sleepy & hungry in the movie set on winter season.The crown that was 2-3 kilo became heavier after she became a queen because of the gay or bright gold accessories that were attached to it. The production explained that the weight actually experienced is 20K. "It is not only 20 kilos in simplicity, but also the overriding purpose or goal of the power of the neck because it is necessary to endure the weight or force of the head".The injury of the neck is a situation that we worried. If that happens it may become neck hernia of the intervertebral disk.

Moreover, it was necessary to take care. KNG & LSH were infected with the new virus influenza. LYW revealed that she developed a skin disease from the excreta in the marsh (remember that swamp Deokman, Alcheon & others fought during the war? I heard there were feces & urine of horses in it). LYW said that though there were various hardships & difficulties to defeat & overcome, the most painful one was the crown.

Goodness, the crown was that heavy huh? She must be pretty strong for such a delicate-looking neck. Wow, no wonder she's tired after filming QSD.

Cahya, i think I found it...but I think it's too small...

a2fde5270aab0fec2fc73394c69051ce_small.jpg

8f07fd268fcbcb5044d03aafdd5919b9_small.jpg

pics from LWY-DC Gal

Lee Yo Won entered & overcame the severe cold season. However, it is said that it was the heavy crown that was the most serious than being sleepy & hungry in the movie set on winter season.The crown that was 2-3 kilo became heavier after she became a queen because of the gay or bright gold accessories that were attached to it. The production explained that the weight actually experienced is 20K. "It is not only 20 kilos in simplicity, but also the overriding purpose or goal of the power of the neck because it is necessary to endure the weight or force of the head".The injury of the neck is a situation that we worried. If that happens it may become neck hernia of the intervertebral disk.

Haha yes, I've heard too about QSD crown. You can look at LYW's way of walk since she become Queen, seemed really difficult. But I like that gold accessories chain that hung in her hair. About all swamp thingy, that one of my reasons why I think she deserved Daesang. She even actually swallowed the paper. She really gave her all for QSD.

@raewonee: Welcome to QSD addicted club :P You know, once you've watch QSD, you can't stop. I don't know when will I stop thinking about that drama. What a precious 7 months for me.

@lynn: Thank U for the pic. Must be hard find it haha. Even it's small, it's ok.

Guest butterfly07

I read that she stayed overseas for 2 years before returning to Korea. She said in an interview that she was contemplating on taking on the role in fashion 70s because she was afraid at the public's response for her comeback. But as she was approached by the director/PD (can't remember who) many times and got her husband's support, she decided to go for it.

Yeah, she is very well-liked by her costars. She went to JJM's premiere for "Frozen flower."

KSW once said that the role, Na In jung, was meant for her b/s she also has the type of strong quality in her. He also mentioned in an interview that she possessed a certain classic beauty that is hard to find. (For some reasons, I think at the time when they were working together he probably had a crush on her. It's just the way he interacts with her [bTS], teases her, praises her, and stuff.)

And then KNG, calling her his ideal type. Yeah, he does look like the touchy, feely kinda guy, but he was especially close to LYW (was it intentional or coincidence? We will never know, but I don't see him interact like that with other costars. BTW, it's pobably not too loud that he has to move that far into her). For those reasons, I think he might have gotten a crush on her as well. Not to mention the fact that he said they were quite compatible as they can talk about anything and that he wish he had a wife like her. SWEET.

Her husband is quite lucky to grab her first! Because if she was still single, I have no doubt that she would have landed in one of these guys' arms. However, I'm happy that she is happily married.

On a side note: UTW is hilarious. I've watched him in various videos including BTS and interviews along with KNG&LYW, and these three never fail to make me laugh.

Yeah, I heard LYW/UTW say that the swamp was really smelly.

Btw, I suddenly thinking that if she didn't offered/accepted QSD role, don't you think she will be approached to stars in Dong Yi? I know she already ever become Joseon woman, but I feel that she will be great Choi Suk-bin, even more than Han Hyo-joo (no offense for her fans, she also good in Iljimae, I just think her face is too Western for sageuk :D ). And thinking about Damo, I also imagine LYW become warrior. I mean really great warrior, not just nangdo like in QSD. How nice if that role will someday come to her again.

But, looks like will take a long time before she want to take sageuk role again, like she had said *sigh.*

Guest lynn_9344

Btw, I suddenly thinking that if she didn't offered/accepted QSD role, don't you think she will be approached to stars in Dong Yi? I know she already ever become Joseon woman, but I feel that she will be great Choi Suk-bin, even more than Han Hyo-joo (no offense for her fans, she also good in Iljimae, I just think her face is too Western for sageuk :D ). And thinking about Damo, I also imagine LYW become warrior. I mean really great warrior, not just nangdo like in QSD. How nice if that role will someday come to her.

But, looks like will take a long time before she want to take sageuk role again, like she had said *sigh.*

Mmmm.. I think if she wasn't in QSD, I don't think I would be caught in Bideok mania :P . I like that this thread is buzzling.

Mmmm.. I think if she wasn't in QSD, I don't think I would be caught in Bideok mania :P . I like that this thread is buzzling.

Haha of course me too, much prefer she take the role of QSD. After all LYW-KNG is already fated to be BiDeok, that couple is so strong :P I just think that she will be excellent too in Dong Yi. If only that 2 series wasn't air consecutively, maybe she can be a candidate too.

Who do you guys think have the best chemistry with LYW so far? If you look at the Netizen polling result, of course KNG. But I wanna know your preferences.