Park Hae Jin 박해진 I Drama 2023 : The Killing Vote

nonski

Guest Chelly

Hope his injury doesn't leave any marks or scars on him!...He has such nice white teeth!

You know, Melyssa, the pics of him shooting for some EOE's scenes, i guess he's supposed to look mean and fierce but he looked manly instead! :blush: :D

Guest melyssa

Credit: iMBC 'East of Eden' Official Homepage

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/eastofeden/index.html

eoewebsitedh3.jpg

eoephoto5pz8.jpg

Shin Myung-hoon / Park Hae-jin (Won Duk-hyun)

He has grown up to be a fine young man under the love and guidance of his mother. However, under the negative influence of his father, Shin Tae-hwan, he is gradually transforming into a vicious businessman.

He does all he can to hide the secret behind his birth, but he finds that it is impossible to evade his fate. He is a character that personifies the internal conflict and strife of the human psyche

Credits: East of Eden Soompi Forum

eoephoto4lf1.jpg

02008081312013020284761cl2.jpg

小俊; www.ppxtv.cn

02008081312233238073680hs1.jpg

小俊; www.ppxtv.cn

eoeallcastry9.jpg

小俊; www.ppxtv.cn

o7dqo4nqum203iu6.jpg

小俊; www.ppxtv.cn

eoephoto1hz5.jpg

eoephoto2fp6.jpg

eoephoto3ti4.jpg

Hope his injury doesn't leave any marks or scars on him!...He has such nice white teeth!

You know, Melyssa, the pics of him shooting for some EOE's scenes, i guess he's supposed to look mean and fierce but he looked manly instead! :blush: :D

Hey, Chelly! Thanks for your post ... it tends to be quite lonely here!

He should be alright now and is filming EOE. In fact, if I am not wrong, the last 2 pics of him half-naked is quite recent as there is also a news article about his shyness when he has to shoot that scene. [edit- I am wrong .. these scenes should be the ones filmed in HK.. so not that recent afterall.]

You are right about him supposing to be mean and fierce but instead he's such a hunk! I remembered reading somewhere that it was commented that he could act even fiercer and meaner and at present, he's practically doing that alot!

PS: Those 2 pictures really can cause some 'nosebleed'! Haha^^~

Guest melyssa

If I am not wrong, this news article is about the filming and shots of his 'shyness' being half-naked on EOE?? If there's anyone to translate, it would be much appreciated. ^^~

Posted from: http://news.nate.com/service/news/shellvie...081211003048105

박해진 "베드신에 전라촬영 위기도...'에덴의 동쪽'은 새로운 경험"

2008년 8월 12일(화) 11:00 [이데일리]

pp08072200051mz3.jpg

[이데일리 SPN 김은구기자] 배우 박해진에게 MBC 새 월화드라마 ‘에덴의 동쪽’은 모든 게 새로운 드라마다.

1960년대부터 2000년대까지 원한과 복수에 대한 집념으로 갈등을 빚으며 살아온 두 일가의 삶을 그릴 이 드라마에서 박해진이 맡은 역할은 실제 피해자 집안의 아들로 이동철(송승헌 분)의 동생이지만 가해자 집안의 아들로 자라온 출생의 비밀을 간직한 신명훈 역이다.

극중 신명훈은 아버지 신태환(조민기 분)의 영향으로 폭력적이고 잔인한 기업사냥꾼이 돼가는 인물로 출생의 비밀이 폭로될 상황에 처하자 이를 막기 위해 처절하게 몸부림치는 악역이다.

박해진은 KBS 2TV ‘소문난 칠공주’에서 설칠(이태란 분)을 사랑하는 연하남으로 뭇 ‘누나 팬’들을 설레게 했고 일일드라마였던 KBS 1TV ‘하늘만큼 땅만큼’에서 남자 주인공 정무영 역으로 팬 층을 넓혔다.

그러나 이번에는 악역을 맡아 그동안 확보한 팬들의 미움을 살 수도 있는 상황. 더구나 방송사가 주력으로 내세우는 월화드라마에, 시대극, 해외 로케이션도 처음이다.

부담이 될 수밖에 없을 법한데 박해진은 “그동안과 다른 모습을 보여드릴 수 있는 좋은 기회잖아요”라며 여유를 보였다.

pp08072200057vc2.jpg

◇ 첫 악역, 이왕이면 포커페이스로

“포커페이스를 갖춘 악역의 모습을 보여주고 싶어요.”

‘에덴의 동쪽’에서 박해진이 목표로 삼은 악역의 표본이다. 아무리 당황스러운 상황, 어떤 나쁜 짓을 저질러도 얼굴에 표정변화가 없는 포커페이스라면 악의 정수일 수 있다.

그동안 바르고 밝은 이미지로 시청자들에게 어필해온 박해진인 만큼 악역을 연기하는 것만도 낯설 터인데 대번에 ‘극악’이라니 무리가 아닌가 싶은 걱정도 들었다.

하지만 박해진은 명훈의 극악한 면에 대해 나름 복안을 세우고 있었다. 명훈이 어려서부터 같은 마을에서 자란 동철, 동욱(연정훈 분)과 친구가 되고 싶어 했지만 집안의 은원 때문에 이들에게 배척당하며 자라온 만큼 상처를 갖고 있는 데다 출생의 비밀이 밝혀지면서 모든 걸 잃을 상황에 몰리기 때문에 ‘극악’으로 치달을 수 있다는 설정을 해놓았다고 했다. ‘극악’으로 변해도 스스로 위안을 삼을 만한 조치를 이미 취해놓은 것이다.

외적으로는 운동을 통해 몸의 지방을 줄여 탄탄하고 날카로워 보이는 이미지를 만들었다.

물론 처음 연기하는 악역인 만큼 부담은 어쩔 수 없다. 박해진은 “일일드라마나 주말드라마는 가족드라마인 만큼 실제 생활하는 것처럼 연기하면 되지만 월화드라마는 그렇지 않잖아요”라며 “요즘 시청자들은 눈도 높고 판단도 냉정하게 하니까 최대한 역할을 내 몸에 맞춰 연기하는 것처럼 보이지 않도록 해야죠”라고 말했다.

pp08072200059rg2.jpg

◇ 첫 촬영이 동정 뺏기는 장면...전라촬영도 할 뻔

박해진은 6월 중순 홍콩에서 ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 촬영을 시작했다.

해외 로케이션은 데뷔 후 처음이었는데 촬영 내용이 박해진에게 충격이었던 모양이다. 접대부에게 동정을 잃는 장면이었다고 한다. 베드신이었던 셈이다.

“첫 사랑인 지현(한지혜 분)을 잊지 못하니까 아버지가 일부러 성인식(?)을 준비해 동정을 잃게 만든 장면이었어요. 다음날 그 일 때문에 아버지에게 화를 내는 장면을 촬영했는데 진짜 화가 많이 난 것처럼 연기한다고 다들 놀라시더라고요.”

동정을 잃는 장면을 촬영한 여파였다.

박해진은 또 ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 홍콩 로케이션에서 전라 촬영도 할 뻔했다. 극중 샤워장면이었는데 팬티를 입었지만 카메라 앵글에 걸려 연출자인 김진만 PD가 촬영장에 있던 여자 스태프를 내보낸 뒤 아예 팬티를 벗고 촬영을 하려고 한 것이다.

여자 스태프들이 없는 상황에서 남아 있던 스태프들이 의견을 모아 최대한 카메라 앵글에 팬티가 걸리지 않도록 하자고 의견을 모아 촬영을 재개했다. 그런 밖에서 모니터를 모고 있던 여자 스태프는 그런 상황을 몰랐다고 한다.

“모니터로만 본 사람들은 제가 진짜 전라 촬영을 한 줄 안 것 같아요. 촬영이 끝난 뒤 밖에 있던 여자 스태프가 다들 잘 봤다고 하더라고요.”

(사진=한대욱 기자)

-edit-

This translation could be from the news article above. Thanks to ripgal from EOE Soompi thread.

The bed scene was a set up by MH's father. MH loved JH so much, but his love was never reciprocated. In order to make MH forget about JH, his father set-up the whole thing by sending that girl into MH's room when he's drunk. MH woke up the next morning, found the girl next to him, called his father and threw a huge fit. For his love for JH, he went against his dad..

credits: ppxtv.cn/ korean news PHJ's interview

笨笨熊影视社区' - 小贝

http://www.ppxtv.cn/read.php?tid=24862&amp...d=&page=104

"今天的韩网新闻里,有一篇朴海镇的采访,剧透了他剧中开始时会有场床戏,是在香港拍的,朴海镇和爸爸一起去香港谈生意吧,当时剧情是讲因为朴海镇无法忘记智贤,可智贤又不爱他,所以他很痛苦,于是朴海镇剧中的爸爸赵敏基为了让朴海镇去注意别的女人,忘记智贤,趁朴海镇喝醉酒,故意给他安排了一场"成人式",让一个女人,进了他房间,这一幕在伊甸第一款预告片里有,于是,第二天,清醒了的朴海镇因为这件事而很火大的对爸爸发怒吵架!!HOHO~~为了智贤,连老爸都赶顶撞~~"

"첫 사랑인 지현(한지혜 분)을 잊지 못하니까 아버지가 일부러 성인식(?)을 준비해 동정을 잃게 만든 장면이었어요. 다음날 그 일 때문에 아버지에게 화를 내는 장면을 촬영했는데 진짜 화가 많이 난 것처럼 연기한다고 다들 놀라시더라고요."

"因為未能忘記初戀智賢,爸爸別有居心的為他準備了成人式(?)趁他喝醉后,令他失去童貞的場面.在次日,為了此事,朴海镇拍攝了跟爸爸生氣的場面, 演繹時能做到像真的很生氣的樣子."

Translation of the above:

During an interview with Park Hae-jin, he disclosed that there would be a bedroom scene which is filmed in Hong Kong. MH went on a business trip with his father in the show. At that time, he was very much heartbroken as he could not forget Jihyun although she did not love him. His screen father, played my Jo Minki wanted him to notice other woman and to forget about Jihyun. So, when MH was drunk, he took the opportunity to arrange for him to have an 'adult moment' by getting a woman to his room. (This can be seen in the first preview with him on the bed.) When he woke up the next morning, he was so angered by this matter and had a heated quarrel with his father. When PHJ was filming this scene, he was able to act as if he was really very angry.

Guest Chelly

Haha!...Yes Melyssa, nosebleeding now! :sweatingbullets:

At least he's lean & toned up, not the beefy sort. Again, thanks for all ur effort in keeping this thread alive & updated. I am also trying my best for his "other half"...if you know what i mean ;) Cheers!!!

Guest melyssa

^ Of course I know who you mean ... I am also waiting for her new drama! There's not much news about that at the moment though I am hunting for some news on that as well!! ^^~

By the way, thanks for keeping her thread alive as well!!

Fan art pieces from PHJ Taiwan Fans Club:

'East of Eden'

20080813bbcef9954d65f70ha9.jpg

This one is PHOTOSHOPPED by feenywu and it's very well-done. Many fans still prefer and miss the pairing of Park Hae-jin and Lee Tae-ran as seen in his debut drama in 2006 'Infamous Chil Princess' a.k.a 'Seven Princesses'

200808137f1cc81babb0a12mq3.jpg

Wall paper from: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/eastofe...aper/index.html

wall12805ww6.jpg

eoewallpapersjp7.jpg

Guest x_estherrrrrr_x

i just realized he was in family outing.

hahaha.

i knew that guy looked familiar and it was hae jin from 7gongju!! :P

Guest melyssa

^ Great that you did watch him on Family Outing, esther! It's totally hilarious. Don't forget to catch him on East of Eden as a villain. Hopefully he is as 'bad and nasty' as he could be as required by his role! Good Luck to him!!

Screen caps of Park Hae-jin in MBC Section TV 15.8.08 for 'East of Eden':

eoembcsectv150808gwe4.jpg

eoembcsectv150808inf7.jpg

4244d97fbc543b1029388a4hv0.jpg

926a09df28675afd3d9ceacgw9.jpg

eoembcsectv150808liq6.jpg

Credits: Baidu/DC/Soompi

luvsoompis00000301io1rh4.jpg

luvsoompis00100054qb6st0.jpg

luvsoompis00100886sm1uv3.jpg

luvsoompis00100904xv5gt0.jpg

luvsoompis00100908gd0xd9.jpg

luvsoompis00100910or0lz2.jpg

luvsoompis00100924pj1hc3.jpg

luvsoompis00101090ih3of3.jpg

luvsoompis00101459iy3uj6.jpg

luvsoompis00101501az9rd2.jpg

luvsoompis00101641zg1lu7.jpg

luvsoompis00101794jt1io5.jpg

luvsoompis00101961wf1ar9.jpg

Credit: luv@soompi

1ahjcghc6aeqmbl3.jpg

2hxik4bkst7uxvn9.jpg

3fu7kjusxrt22bw2.jpg

4ygumi6pxedxbko5.jpg

5oiezmjuc61a0xh4.jpg

Credit: 小贝 @ http://www.ppxtv.cn/read.php?tid=24862&amp...d=&page=117

eoembcsectv150808kdx9.jpg

eoembcsectv150808jxj0.jpg

eoembcsectv150808mhd2.jpg

eoembcsectv150808nkb1.jpg

eoembcsectv150808obu1.jpg

eoembcsectv150808qox5.jpg

eoembcsectv150808pcj7.jpg

Watch at this link for the video clip:

Credit to njs from EOE Soompi thread

Thanks for the translation 'Happy_Day' at EOE Soompi thread :) :

When HJH is asked about her collaboration/love triangle with YJH and PHJ, she says "I'm not worried at all because they both have such good personalities." Interviewer "Who is better?" - HJH "Both?" :)

Interviewer asks PHJ "So what do you think about these three big-profile beautiful ladies here? Do you get pressured?" PHJ "....Um.. Well, pressure?.. Not too much I gues.." YJH "You have to answer these kinds of questions well," Caption [A word of good advice from sunbae]. PHJ changes his answer "Oh yes, I do get pressure. So much that I have to carry around oil blotting sheets."

Don't forget to check the 'East of Eden' Soompi thread for more on this video news: click here to EOE thread.

Guest melyssa

From post by kdramafanusa in EOE Soompi forum:

Article from: http://www.cbs.co.kr/nocut/show.asp?idx=909288

연하남 박해진 ‘에덴의 동쪽’에서 연기 성인식 치르다

[노컷인터뷰] MBC 월화드라마 ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 주연 박해진

[ 2008-08-18 06:30:00 ]

노컷뉴스 방송연예팀 조은별 기자

1713591089060800010xu7dm4.jpg

남자들에게 ‘누나’에 대한 로망이 있다면 여자들에게는 ‘연하남’에 대한 모성애가 있다. 남동생처럼 생각했던 그가 어느 날 훌쩍 큰 키로 내려다 볼 때의 가슴 두근거림과 설렘은 여자라면 한번쯤 기억하고 싶은 추억일 것이다.

박해진은 ‘연하남’에 대한 여자들의 아련한 기억을 상기시켜주는 배우다. KBS 2TV 주말드라마 ‘소문난 칠공주’에서 ‘연하남’ 역할로 데뷔 이래 각종 CF와 화보에서 보여준 그의 상큼한 미소는 뭇 여성들의 마음을 사로잡았다. 지난 해 최고 시청률을 기록했던 KBS 1TV 일일극 ‘하늘만큼 땅만큼’의 ‘무영’ 역은 그 연장선상에 있다 해도 과언이 아니다.

대한민국 여심을 사로잡았던 ‘연하남’ 박해진이 거친 남자로 돌아왔다. 그는 ‘밤이면 밤마다’ 후속으로 방송되는 초대형 드라마 MBC ‘에덴의 동쪽’(극본 나연숙·연출 김진만)의 주인공 명훈 역을 맡아 이제껏 자신을 둘러싼 ‘연하남’의 굴레를 벗고 새로운 모습을 선사할 예정이다.

박해진이 연기하는 명훈은 국내 굴지의 기업가 신태환(조민기 분)의 외아들로 어릴 때부터 모자란 것 없이 자라 수단과 방법을 가리지 않고 원하는 것을 얻으려 하는 인물이다. 그러나 어린시절 경쟁자였던 엘리트 검사 동훈(연정훈 분)과 태어난 병원에서 운명이 바뀐 것을 알게 된 뒤 내적 갈등에 빠지게 된다.

박해진은 ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 촬영을 위해 무려 1년이란 시간을 기다렸다. 처음 대본을 받은 게 지난해 12월, 3월에 시작한다는 촬영이 지연되면서 초조함도 커졌을 테지만 작품에 대한 믿음과 기대가 컸기에 꾸준히 연기공부와 몸관리를 해왔다.

“처음 대본을 받은 게 지난 해 12월이었어요. 3월에 촬영 들어간다고 해서 그 때부터 작품의 배경인 60년대 근대사에 대해 공부하기 시작했어요. ‘화려한 일족’이나 ‘백년의 이야기’같은 일본드라마나 한국드라마 ‘발리에서 생긴일’을 보면서 도도한 귀족남 캐릭터를 연구했지요. 드라마를 위해 승마랑, 골프, 사냥 등을 배우는 호사도 누렸고요.(웃음)”

자신과 엇갈린 운명을 연기해야 하는 배우 연정훈과는 기싸움이 대단하다고. 비단 연정훈 뿐만이 아니다. 송승헌, 이다해, 이연희, 한지혜 등 쟁쟁한 청춘 스타들이 모였다 보니 눈에 보이지 않는 경쟁이 치열하단다. 특히 남자 배우들은 모두 한 번 이상 상반신 노출이 있기 때문에 몸관리를 소홀히 할 수 없었다며 멋쩍은 웃음을 흘렸다.

“송승헌 선배님이야 군입대 전부터 ‘원조 몸짱’으로 명성을 날렸고 연정훈 선배님도 한류스타로 유명하잖아요. 저 역시 촬영에 들어가길 기다리며 몸을 만들었죠. 단백질 보조제도 먹고 닭가슴살에 고구마, 오트밀까지 몸에 좋다는 것은 다 먹은 듯 싶네요. 하하, 다행히 노출 촬영 때는 서로 만날 일이 없어 경쟁이 심하지는 않았어요.”

1714001537560800010co7gf1.jpg

◆동정 빼앗기는 신에 전라 노출 위기까지...남자 되기 어렵네요

데뷔 이후 첫 해외 촬영이었던 홍콩 로케이션은 명훈이 여자에게 동정을 뺏기는 신으로 촬영을 시작했다. 극중 아버지(조민기 분)가 첫사랑 지현(한지혜 분)을 잊지 못하는 그를 위해 접대부와 둘만이 있는 시간을 마련해준 것. 일종의 베드신인 셈이다

샤워신 촬영 때는 전라노출(?)도 할 뻔 했다. 샤워부스에서 샤워를 하는 신이었는데 속옷이 카메라 앵글에 걸렸던 것.

김진만 PD는 여성스태프들을 모두 내보낸 뒤 전라로 촬영하자고 제시했지만 박해진은 수건을 돌돌 말아 중요 부위를 살짝 가렸다. 촬영을 마친 뒤 스튜디오를 나서니 외부 모니터로 이 장면을 지켜본 여성 스태프들의 탄성과 아쉬움이 느껴졌다. 박해진은 지금도 그 순간을 생각하면 아찔했다고 쑥스러워 했다.

연기성인식(?)을 치른 만큼 ‘에덴의 동쪽’은 그에게 여러모로 새로운 의미를 부여한 작품이다. 박해진은 “신파로 비쳐질 수 있는 스토리지만 시대적 상황으로 봐달라”며 “출생의 비밀이 밝혀진 뒤 진짜 이야기가 시작한다. 등장인물이 많은 만큼 최소 10회까지는 꾸준히 봐야 할 것”이라는 애교어린 당부를 덧붙였다.

1714021151560800010fj9mb7.jpg

mulgae@cbs.co.kr

Any translation is appreciated for the above article. Thank you in advance!

Guest aircastles

Aww, I love this guy! Although he seems very underrated here on soompi. ): (I'm hoping EoE will change that.)

I admit he isn't the most talented guy when it comes to acting, but he definitely has the potential to give a strong screen presence. And that's what I adore about him. He's still in the beginning phases in acting but he has potential to be big and he's progressed so well thus far. And on a physical note, he's such a cutie!

Other than that, I'm rather anticipating PHJ's change into a more darker character for EoE, when I'm so used to seeing him as the "humble/sweet guy". I hope he delivers well. And I have to admit that I adore Han Ji-hye as well, so I'd love to see how they are as a couple (especially because it seems like such a complex and "dark" relationship). Again, on a superficial note, they seem physically compatible!

Thank you, melyssa for your hard work on this thread! The news and pictures are definitely appreciated!

Guest melyssa

^ -MiHyun- You're welcome!! PHJ indeed has a strong screen presence and is charismatic. When it comes to acting, he also did mention before that he's far from good at that and he's polishing it up! Oh yes ... he looks good in practically anything! With/without specs, formal or casual wear ... he looks hot!

His role in EOE is a real challenge. For a start, I think he has successfully transformed his image from a goody-two-shoes to a dashing killer-villain! HE LOOKS WICKED and CRUEL as Shin Myeong-hoon! Next, let's see how his acting as one dark character is like!! I hope he gives a breakthrough performance! Of course with HJH as a partner in a 'dark' relationship ... all the more I'm looking forward to watch EOE!

Pictures from EOE Press Conference held on 21 August 2008:

200808212006082000gk0fd3.jpg

20080821194621257831zd2th9.jpg

eastphoto08082119191541ix8.jpg

ssi20080821194852vxg3hk5.jpg

eastphoto08082119192433vb1.jpg

eastphoto08082119192558ft4.jpg

eastphoto08082120200150vc5.jpg

eastphoto08082120200150fz7.jpg

12193149041301wj2.jpg

12193150569671ov6.jpg

12193194039921bv2.jpg

12193194676651lu6.jpg

200808212100108380lv7ml4.jpg

AsiaEconomy

200808215uv6to0.jpg

pyh2008082109420001300pur3.jpg

pyh2008082109380001300peh4.jpg

pyh2008082109290001300pnc5.jpg

pyh2008082109250001300pdb4.jpg

12193176231071zx8.jpg

pyh2008082109120001300ppr0.jpg

pyh2008082109040001300pqd9.jpg

pyh2008082109320001300pqy1.jpg

pyh2008082109360001300per8.jpg

Credits: as on pictures + EOE Soompi Forum

Guest aircastles

This thread needs more love. Where are all the PHJ fans? :(

^ -MiHyun- You're welcome!! PHJ indeed has a strong screen presence and is charismatic. When it comes to acting, he also did mention before that he's far from good at that and he's polishing it up! Oh yes ... he looks good in practically anything! With/without specs, formal or casual wear ... he looks hot!

His role in EOE is a real challenge. For a start, I think he has successfully transformed his image from a goody-two-shoes to a dashing killer-villain! HE LOOKS WICKED and CRUEL as Shin Myeong-hoon! Next, let's see how his acting as one dark character is like!! I hope he gives a breakthrough performance! Of course with HJH as a partner in a 'dark' relationship ... all the more I'm looking forward to watch EOE!

Pictures from EOE Press Conference held on 21 August 2008:

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/9626/12...76231071zx8.jpg

He's dashing in the suits I've seen him wear in EoE. Heh. I like his image - it's clean-cut, but can change quite easily (to something more tough).

Regarding his acting/image, I think he's built a good resume so far - 7 Princesses, As Much as Heaven and Earth, and the like are all a success in their ways, and to suddenly be cast in EoE with big-name A-List stars is pretty impressive. The only worry is whether he'll deliver, but I'm optimistic he will since he hasn't disappointed me yet. (Progressed quite nicely from 2006 to now.) Darn, now I wish EoE will come more quickly! I'm getting impatient!

That picture is adorable, btw. That "huh?" expression is so cute. Wonder what she was saying to him? :P

Guest melyssa

^ Oh yes ... he's not disappoint me either! Very much looking to see his performance in EOE too. At present, I think many have the impression that he's very shy among the cast members of EOE, as seen from various pictures and footages of interviews, press conference, gathering. I'm glad that he looks fine after the filming accident. I guess the media must have blown it up so big that it's so serious and fans were initially very worried for him too. Seeing him well in the recent press conference is a relief! Let's hope nothing like that will happen again and it's safe all throughout for EOE.

More pictures for your enjoyment:

eastphoto08082202023751ib6.jpg

200808212055110910lv1.jpg

200808212102060610hg5bz4.jpg

200808212114060630qb6hp4.jpg

8bc0ea349f84a656241f14eqr8.jpg

200808221052211xz0zf8.jpg

20080822105751dp4ud4.jpg

20080822110551zx2ub8.jpg

200808221104501jy6ca4.jpg

Watch iMBC video on the EOE photoshoot session for PHJ:

Credit: njs1005

Watch the EOE press conference with PHJ's cut only + slideshow of his recent pix:

East Of Eden-Hae-jin-8.21製作發表會

Credit: lareen@PHJ Taiwan Fans Club

Watch another video of EOE press conference with PHJ's cut only [0:45]:

Credit: girl9161

Guest aircastles

He does give off the impression that he's shy, but I just get the impression that he's just quiet. EoE is certainly a smart career move, since if he succeeds he can be regarded as a well-rounded actor. It's a wonderful chance for him. (Although, the same can be said for the other actors/actresses.)

I was glad that he appeared well at the press conference. (I personally thought he looked the best out there. I'm sure my biased thought is playing a part, but oh well. Heh.)

Although, I'm still wondering whether his character is going to be completely "villainous". Makes one wonder. Hmm..

On a side note (and completely unimportant topic), but I wonder how his chemistry with Han Ji-hye is going to be? Granted, they're most likely not going to play the "madly-in-love" couple, but I still wonder. From what I've seen thus far, he did best with Lee Tae-ran despite the age difference.

Guest melyssa

Agree ^^ .. he could just be quiet. In 'Family Outing' where he's a guest of this reality variety show, he is quite quiet there too but he can be mischievous at times. A good-hearted lad, generally! If you've not watched him in that show, I strongly recommend you to as the way he tries to charm Lee Hyori in a game is a 'killer' to me! haha^^

I admire him for his courage to take up this villainous role in EOE, actually! Some viewers may really get so into the drama that he's stuck with the unpopular image as a villain for a long long time or other viewers could really like and notice him for his great acting skill if he's successful in bringing out the essence of what Shin Myeong-hoon is like. I read somewhere in a chinese translated article that he did put up a good performance in that helicopter scene in EOE but he himself had not seen it on reel yet. If this is true, then we can highly anticipate a good show from him in EOE! My gut feeling also tells me that he might get more evil as the drama progresses ...

He definitely looks the best to me too during the press conference! (Hehe^^ ... I guess we can be bias here in PHJ Soompi thread! ... but have respect for the rest in the cast.) The rest of the cast looks great and I really look forward to everyone's great acting to bring out their characters as alive as they could; my personal favourites apart from PHJ are YJH, JMK and HJH!

I know that he seems quite comfortable off-screen with HJH as seen from the various footages so far. So, their chemistry to portray an 'ill-fated' couple could be great too! At the moment, nothing beats my choice of him with LTR as the best on-screen pairing for him ... I'm OK when he's paired with HHJ in 'As Much As Heaven And Earth' but there's something charismatic about the LTR-PHJ pair though the difference in age is 'amazing'!

Thanks for sharing -MiHyun- ! ^^

More pictures of the press conference:

20080823f8424a6693a17e3ty3.jpg

2008082386ac176b7340944pn0.jpg

20080823edeac1973fbb7dfkm8.jpg

Credits: as on pictures + PHJ Taiwan Fans Club

Guest aircastles

Agree ^^ .. he could just be quiet. In 'Family Outing' where he's a guest of this reality variety show, he is quite quiet there too but he can be mischievous at times. A good-hearted lad, generally! If you've not watched him in that show, I strongly recommend you to as the way he tries to charm Lee Hyori in a game is a 'killer' to me! haha^^

I admire him for his courage to take up this villainous role in EOE, actually! Some viewers may really get so into the drama that he's stuck with the unpopular image as a villain for a long long time or other viewers could really like and notice him for his great acting skill if he's successful in bringing out the essence of what Shin Myeong-hoon is like. I read somewhere in a chinese translated article that he did put up a good performance in that helicopter scene in EOE but he himself had not seen it on reel yet. If this is true, then we can highly anticipate a good show from him in EOE! My gut feeling also tells me that he might get more evil as the drama progresses ...

He definitely looks the best to me too during the press conference! (Hehe^^ ... I guess we can be bias here in PHJ Soompi thread! ... but have respect for the rest in the cast.) The rest of the cast looks great and I really look forward to everyone's great acting to bring out their characters as alive as they could; my personal favourites apart from PHJ are YJH, JMK and HJH!

I know that he seems quite comfortable off-screen with HJH as seen from the various footages so far. So, their chemistry to portray an 'ill-fated' couple could be great too! At the moment, nothing beats my choice of him with LTR as the best on-screen pairing for him ... I'm OK when he's paired with HHJ in 'As Much As Heaven And Earth' but there's something charismatic about the LTR-PHJ pair though the difference in age is 'amazing'!

Thanks for sharing -MiHyun- ! ^^

No problem! All in the name of discussing the potential of PHJ (and hopefully wishing that others discover his talent, too). :)

Never did watch Family Outing, but I'll certainly give it a look! (Is it very funny?) I'm not exactly going into "debate" mode, but I really do wonder when they say "evil", to what extent is it? I do agree that he may start off mild but grow into a more "evil" person, but is he merely an antagonist that is more focused on self-preservation and ambition that he has no qualms about hurting someone else or is he plain evil? All I know, that if he does play the "villain", I hope they give the Shin Myung-hoon character a lot of depth. (I really care for character build-up - one of my weird quirks...)

They all looked great at the press conf. and I sincerely wish the drama succeeds for all of them. Han Ji-hye also looked very nice and I'm really looking forward to how they're going to portray the "ill-fated" couple. (

Is it possible that the JH character could turn evil as well, from the company of MH?

I kid. But I still do wonder.)

PHJ is one lucky actor - just debuts and manages to be paired up with someone like Lee Tae-ran! But yes, at the moment, nothing beats his coupling with LTR. Although, who knows? Maybe EoE will convince us to think otherwise...

Guest melyssa

^

I started watching Family Outing because PHJ was a guest in one of the outings and then, I am stuck with it! It's super funny ... not only PHJ but the other members of the family had such great chemistry that it makes the whole thing worth watching. In fact, from there, I gathered that PHJ is actually quite shy and to me, more an introvert too. He’s sporting and dares to take up the challenge to be in this reality show that is quite tough. He may not be very outstanding there but it's nice seeing him on TV after so long (as he has not been on-screen since AMAHAE ended.)

I'm never for 'debating' too ... just good sharing of views and perspectives! I don't think anyone is plain evil at all. There's usually some 'unforeseen' reasons which build up for anyone to be as such. So, I agree that SMH is more forced by situation and might get too deep into the dark pit that if he's ever able to crawl out of it leaves it yet to be seen in the 50-episode drama then. A lot of things can happen. I'm also looking for good character build-up of SMH and I believe that if PHJ does a good job there and audience are captivated by his great portrayal of SMH, they would develop more on his part there too .... kdramas seems to develop in this manner depending on viewers' response. So, good luck to PHJ too and I really look forward to his great performance as SMH!

Aside ---- hey, MiHyun-!! Give me a five!! I'm also one of those with a weird quirk for good character build-up in a drama .... HI5!!

I think it's possible too ... her reason for marrying MH is also unclear: if it's forced by MH, she could turn the other way to get out or survive in it??? If it's not forced, then why? One 'frightening' stuff I read from a Chinese forum mentioned that HJH briefly talked about her character as she knowing the switch of babies incident and she purposely marry MH for revenge on his birth mother who is also Dongchul's mother ... please just take this with a pinch of salt as I'm quite dubious of any Chinese articles translated from Korean ones. … I just want to share this as I think your suspicions are also possible. Let's wait to check it out in EOE.

I LOVE Lee Tae-ran and I watched 7 Princesses because of her. Then, PHJ becomes a legend to me! Haha^^ Yes, PHJ-HJH may look better after EOE as their chemistry looks good already from the footages but I don't think I would be convinced of it unless the ending is such that they are not so ill-fated afterall and true love blossoms. Then, I am willing to change my mind , or else, ..... Stubborn me as a LTR-PHJ supporter!

Caps from video on photo shooting session:

sssbohybohyxq2ki1.jpg

Gif of PHJ when he cheered for EOE at the end of the video of the photo-shooting session:

userbohybohyio4lf1.gif

Credits: cafenaver_eoe0419 + EOE Soompi Forum

Chinese Subbed Press Conference

Watch: http://world.kbs.co.kr/chinese/enter/music...ail.htm?no=1936

Download: mms://211.233.92.71/rki/Music/Video_Showcase/show_080821.wmv

Originally from: KBS World

Credits: YaoYao@Baidu + kdramafanusa@EOE Soompi Forum

What PHJ said when interviewed on stage during the press conference of EOE:

PHJ: I'm prepared. All along, I've acted as a good character. This time I would be able to bring a different feeling to everyone. Please look forward to that.

Park Hae-Jin clip during the press conference:

http://flvs.daum.net/flvPlayer.swf?vid=4RxGQ4fLiZI$

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipViewByVid.d...xGQ4fLiZI$

Credits: source + kdramafanusa@EOE Soompi Forum

Guest aircastles

^I should definitely check out Family Outing then! :)

But I agree, a lot can happen in a fifty episode drama - we could either see MH turn more "darker" as it goes by or struggling to redeem himself. It's definitely intriguing if we think about the things that could happen in the drama. (Especially when it seems that the characters seem to present a lot of depth and complexities.) Hee! All this talk about the drama is making me anticipate the drama even more. If Park Hae Jin does well with the drama and portrays the character of MH flawlessly, I have a feeling he will be talked about.

It does seem somewhat unlikely that JH marries MH because of some sort of revenge - but who knows? I think it seems that this JH character is going to be complex and more "neutral" than anything. But that will be certainly interesting if JH marries MH because of that since it'll make her character even more fascinating! Someone did say that the JH character will love DW but marry MH and embrace her "sad future" so that presents some more questions about whether she'll become more "darker" as the drama progresses. So many questions!

LOL. Yeah, it's unlikely that anything will top the LTR/PHJ pairing because it's the drama/couple that introduced us to PHJ! It's special that way. But I have a feeling I'll start to like the HJH/PHJ pairing better than the HHJ/PHJ pairing (which was cute, but heh, they look like siblings!).

Aside ---- hey, MiHyun-!! Give me a five!! I'm also one of those with a weird quirk for good character build-up in a drama .... HI5!!

*high fives* I definitely have a thing for character analysations/build-up ... I'm obsessed! :D

ETA: Aww, Han Ji-hye considers PHJ as a younger brother even if he's a year older! That's oddly cute.