Park Hae Jin 박해진 I Drama 2023 : The Killing Vote

nonski

22 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I just got to know that PHJ can sing :D

@katakwasabi I remember when I first found out that he sings - I was so impressed. His Lotte -your'e so beautiful and As long as you love me are my favs. I loved his version even more than the original Backstreet Boys' version. Especially with his cute english accent. I also like his Japanese song Hyururi.

BTW did you know he also designed a Jewellery collection called Kiss and he designed clothes for a fashion show too. He is a multi talented star who deserves much more recognition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't know he had legal issues with 4 Sons production company :sweatingbullets:. So is it safe to assume that 4 Sons is totally shelved and would not see the light?

Park Hae Jin Wins Lawsuit Against “Four Sons” Production Company + To Appear In New Drama With No Legal Issues

Park Hae Jin Wins Lawsuit Against “Four Sons” Production Company + To Appear In New Drama With No Legal Issues

Apr 8, 2019
by Y. Kim

Park Hae Jin will be filming the upcoming drama “Secret” (working title) with no legal restrictions.

Since May of 2018, filming has been suspended for the drama “Four Sons,” in which Park Hae Jin was cast in the male lead role. Park Hae Jin’s agency applied for charges of obstruction of business against the production company Victory Contents after the company accused Park Hae Jin’s agency and its affiliates of interfering with the drama’s production.

In February 2019, Park Hae Jin confirmed that he will be starring in the upcoming drama “Secret.” In response, Victory Contents applied for charges to prohibit Park Hae Jin from appearing in “Secret.” At the time, Park Hae Jin’s agency stated, “According to the contract we signed with the production company, we agreed to film until October 31, 2018. There should be no issue with appearing in a new drama when the contract date has already expired.”

On April 8, it was reported that the 50th Civilian Division of the Seoul District Court ruled in favor of Park Hae Jin with regard to the lawsuit Victory Contents filed against Park Hae Jin.

The court’s determinative sentence stated, “Considering the fact that a press release was issued under the premise that he had the duty to appear [in the drama], and that an injunction against creditor Park Hae Jin that would prohibit him from appearing in other dramas was filed, debtors Victory Contents and others have defamed and infringed upon the business rights of the creditor either directly or through a third party by spreading news via the press that creditor Park Hae Jin has violated the duty to appear [in the drama].”

Additionally, it stated, “An appearance contract is a contract regarding the filming of one single drama and is different from an exclusive contract, so one cannot assume that prior approval from the creditor for all entertainment activities is required during the terms of the contract.”

Park Hae Jin’s agency has confirmed the above reports about winning the lawsuit with the company behind “Four Sons.” They also stated, “In the future, those behind ‘Four Sons’ will not be able to issue press releases related to Park Hae Jin. They also cannot get involved in him filming other dramas.”

They added, “We plan to take separate legal action in regards to the damaging of Park Hae Jin’s reputation through false statements.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I didn't know he had legal issues with 4 Sons production company :sweatingbullets:. So is it safe to assume that 4 Sons is totally shelved and would not see the light?

Sad but true. It does seem that Saja is well and truly shelved. I'm so disappointed but at least I have Secret to look forward to.

• Like 2

@katakwasabi  @andie4u  yes there were legal issues when he left Four Men/Saja.  The production company wanted him to continue filming right after his contract ended since the drama was still unfinished.  PHJ deemed it only right to move on since he had been kept hanging and he had also made lots of investment in Four Men.  Just as what they say, Quit early (although it's already really late) to lessen your losses.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

24 minutes ago, nonski said:

Quit early (although it's already really late) to lessen your losses.

IKR @nonski. I still think he tried his best to make Saja work. He kept going even when Nana left the project, the PD left it too. He even renewed his contract twice as shooting was not completed. But when Victory Contents asked for another extention, PHJ had finally had enough and took the hard decision to finally give up on the drama. 

But not to worry, we have Secret to look forward to. It looks promising. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, andie4u said:

IKR @nonski. I still think he tried his best to make Saja work. He kept going even when Nana left the project, the PD left it too. He even renewed his contract twice as shooting was not completed. But when Victory Contents asked for another extention, PHJ had finally had enough and took the hard decision to finally give up on the drama. 

But not to worry, we have Secret to look forward to. It looks promising. Fingers crossed.

I read that a sub of PHJ's management company Mountain Movement was involved in the development/production of Saja, could that be the reason he held out for so long?

Honestly I find the production of Saja complicated and messy. VC and MM agreed to co produced but than MM withdrew. After that a handful of actors/actresses left. Ultimately PHJ, the main lead left. I hope all the staff and crew that worked hard got paid eventhough the drama was not finished. Its not their fault the production mess happened. I wonder what caused the production to halt.

• Like 3

On 4/5/2019 at 6:52 AM, katakwasabi said:

I just got to know that PHJ can sing :D

yes he can.  He actually released an album in Japan and had his first concert there.

Here is his concert in Japan in 2011, i also bought the dvd of this concert as well as his first (and only) album

PHJ had asked for fans to evaluate his singing as an actor trying to sing and not as a singer :) 

Spoiler

then this is the song of his first album released in Japan as well

posted the MV cuz it's beautiful but sad, he also starred in the MV

• Love 1

1oth anniversary songs

a compilation of him singing and dancing

Spoiler

this is also another song in which PHJ was part of the collab, he mostly sang in the chorus in the Lotte Duty Free song

On 4/6/2019 at 5:47 AM, andie4u said:

@katakwasabi I remember when I first found out that he sings - I was so impressed. His Lotte -your'e so beautiful and As long as you love me are my favs. I loved his version even more than the original Backstreet Boys' version. Especially with his cute english accent. I also like his Japanese song Hyururi.

BTW did you know he also designed a Jewellery collection called Kiss and he designed clothes for a fashion show too. He is a multi talented star who deserves much more recognition.

Yes PHJ designed a jewelry collection, KISS, that was launched in Japan and it was said to had been sold out as soon as it opened.

Here are some vids related to that and I will post later pics during the event.

PHJ personally attending to KISS jewelry costumers

LP0nmgT.jpg

5 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I read that a sub of PHJ's management company Mountain Movement was involved in the development/production of Saja, could that be the reason he held out for so long?

Honestly I find the production of Saja complicated and messy. VC and MM agreed to co produced but than MM withdrew. After that a handful of actors/actresses left. Ultimately PHJ, the main lead left. I hope all the staff and crew that worked hard got paid eventhough the drama was not finished. Its not their fault the production mess happened. I wonder what caused the production to halt.

MM, PHJ's agency was involved in the early part of the production but did not continue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Park Hae Jin collaborated with famed Chinese designer Mark Chung with the label V-Modern to create a fashion line for the young generation.  Here are the related videos to this:
Me:  look at his intensity when working!

"In 2014, Park Hae Jin collaborated with China's V-Modern to design an exclusive fashion collection. The V-Modern brand is established to reflect the sunny optimism and vivacious character of the young people born in the 80s and 90s. With Park Hae Jin as its lead fashion designer, the brand seeks to represent the new generation's adventurous spirit in chasing dreams with its "Forever Young, Forever Fashion." Source video from V-Modern tudou channel.  by Cindy SG on Youtube  aka phj_iloveu on IG

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@katakwasabi, @nonski, Thank you for PHJ singing videos.... So lovely 

I am not totally surprised that he designed jewelry and fashion. I think creative people usually can and like to express their creativity in several media.  Good for him!

I am still sad about Saja ruining what could have been a terrific project.  I loved the idea of him playing 4 parts, and they had terrific cast to begin with.  What a shame...

Below is a different version article of same news.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Park Hae-jin Freed of Obligation to "Four Men"

photo1052418.jpg

The court has dismissed an application by production Victory Contents on actor Park Hae-jin for a ban on drama appearances.

Mountain Movement announced, "The court ruled that Park Hae-jin has no obligation to the drama "Four Men", which has been suspended. So there is no problem with him appearing in "Secret - 2019".

According to Mountain Movement, the 50th Civil Affairs Division of the Seoul Central District Court on the 8th cited a major part of the business obstruction suit filed by Park Hae-jin and his agency Mountain Movement against Victory Contents, the producer of "Four Men". Victory Contents then rejected an injunction to ban Park Hae-jin from appearing on "Secret - 2019" until the end of filming for the drama "Four Men".

The court ruled that Park's obligation to appear in "Four Men" was extinguished after the period expired, according to a three-way agreement, which is a written disposition document signed between Mountain Movement and Victorian Contents, confirming that the end of the filming was extended twice and that the final extended filming date was October 31, 2018.

The court added that there is no evidence to suggest that Park Hae-jin verbally or in any other way promised to film the drama until the end unlike the disposal documents. In addition, both extensions of the end of the filming date were made according to the disposal documents, "Four Men" hasn't decided on any form of broadcasting media, the script isn't even complete and Park has not been able to appear in other dramas or movies for more than a year due to the delay in the production of "Four Men".

Furthermore, the court said that the act of distributing press releases and other reports that Park Hae-jin violated his duty to appear in "Four Men" is considered to significantly infringe Park's honor or business rights.

The court ordered Victory Contents to be banned from distributing any press release talking about Park's duty to appear in "Four Men" or to cooperate in filming, reporting to media companies, posting on SNS and sending the above information to other drama producers.

The filming of "Four Men", which began last year, was put on hold for 3 months due to disagreement with producer Jang Tae-yoo. Victory Contents switched to producer Kim Jae-hong-III, but Nana who was the initial lead actress, quit and Park Hae-jin also quit due to termination of contract.

source

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@nonski thanks for all the insight about his fashion ventures. I just knew the bare outlines so thank you for the details. 

It was great to see the dedication with which he prepared for the fashion show. Makes me love Hae Jin ssi all the more.

• Like 2

On 4/9/2019 at 11:34 AM, nonski said:

...He actually released an album in Japan and had his first concert there.

...i also bought the dvd of this concert as well as his first (and only) album...

i read somewhere that the runway stage collapsed because fans swarmed the stage during phj's fashion show.

i have both versions of the unmei no wadachi album. :)  now if only i could get my paws on some of his chinese dramas (preferrably with subs) i'd be a happy little me.  

Edited by ilovephj
removed links
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ilovephj said:

i read somewhere that the runway stage collapsed because fans swarmed the stage during phj's fashion show.

i have both versions of the unmei no wadachi album. :)  now if only i could get my paws on some of his chinese dramas (preferrably with subs) i'd be a happy little me.  

Hello!  Glad to see a new soompier her on our thread. :)  Welcome!

I will send you the PM on where you can watch PHJ chinese dramas.  Unfortunately, the first cdrama he had was never translated, Qian Duo Duo

Just a heads up, please delete the videos on your quote

6 hours ago, nonski said:

Hello!  Glad to see a new soompier her on our thread. :)  Welcome!

I will send you the PM...

Just a heads up, please delete the videos on your quote

thank you and thank you and oops, done.  :) i've actually followed this thread since it's beginning as a lurker.  i even read your blog.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ilovephj said:

thank you and thank you and oops, done.  :) i've actually followed this thread since it's beginning as a lurker.  i even read your blog.

Wow! Really thank you so much!  I haven't updated it for ages but still helpful in knowing PHJ.

logo_144_6_20170111151211.jpg?20190327_1

[단독] 박해진, ‘시크릿’ 팀과 강원도 산불 피해지역 자원봉사 나선다

0000605242_001_20190412084503882.jpg?typ

Park Hae Jin and "Secret" team to volunteer in the Gangwondo forest fire restoration work and its victims

Park Hae Jin with his drama "Secret" team, gives warm touch to victims of Gangwon-do forest fires. 

As a result of the coverage of 'Sports Trend' on December 12, Park will participate in the restoration work in the Gangwon-do firefighting area with the <Secret> cast and staff from the morning of the 15th. 

<Secret> describes the characters whose realistic desires are healed by gathering in the space called 'forest' the scars of the heart that are worn by memories that are not happy. Park was a firefighter in the Kangsan area. Especially, it is known that firefighters' lives are based on Gangwon-do, so both the victim and the <secret> team are sick and tired of helping themselves. 

Park Hae-jin, who is currently working as an honorary fire fighter at the Fire Department, will work closely with the Secret Service along with the Fire Department to carry out the volunteer activities. 

On the other hand, <Secret> is directed by director Oh Jong-Rok, who succeeded in making big works with various genres such as SBS <Piano> <Style>, and won the Grand Prize of KBS Play Award 2002 in 2002, Drama Special < > Lee Sunyoung, who showed a lot of humanism works, writes. On the 8th of last month, I started to make full-scale production with my first filming. 

(google translated)

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=144&aid=0000605242

• Like 2

42dc8cff703141c0a9bb0cd8a6c3b9e3.jpeg?s=

Park Hae Jin, Jo Bo Ah, And Drama Cast And Staff Volunteer To Help Victims Of Gangwon Province Fire

Apr 16, 2019
by Y. Kim

Park Hae Jin and Jo Bo Ah, the lead actors for the upcoming drama “Secret,” along with the cast and 40 staff members, volunteered at the site of the Gangwon Province fire.

From approximately 9 a.m. KST to 4 p.m. KST on April 15, the “Secret” cast and staff helped clean the Halla Cement Apartment located in the city of Gangneung. The “Secret” team temporarily halted filming to volunteer in Gangneung, cheering the victims up by also providing about 100 portions of food.

Victims of the fire are expected to be moving into this apartment on April 16.

What a great way to build teamwork among the drama cast and staff for a meaningful cause!

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1317609wpp/park-hae-jin-jo-bo-ah-and-drama-cast-and-staff-volunteer-to-help-victims-of-gangwon-province-fire

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1