Polaroid Cameras

Guest sillypanda

I just came on Soompi just to look for a Polaroid Camera thread, and this was at the top of the list! <3

Just got the Fuji Instax 210 for a friend! I can't wait for it to arrive, so we can play with it, hahahaha!

oh man, you do know that the 200 and 210 are HUMONGOUS right?

i loved that it uses wide film but the size and weight threw it off for me :b

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agnes. that's a really pretty first photo... perfect for December. :]

thanks. it's the only good shot i have so far.

i've shot four other pictures as of now and my goodness they're all horrible.

so dark you can hardly see anything. :x does anyone else have this problem? or is it just me?

hi guys. I posted this also in the Lomography thread but I want to try posting it here,

Uhm I want to ask regarding the Fujifilm Instax 7s. I know there are issues with the flash being too strong. Uhm would it be ok to cover the flash when it is not needed? Will it affect the picture?

Thanks...

Guest Cantabile

Oh man, I'm so interested in getting one of these things. They're so spiffy! But I checked the film prices out on ebay and they are a bit pricy. I've found some that will cost about $0.50 per film but to me that's still pretty expensive. But oh well, I think it's worth it. I'm going to save up. :] I found some really cute accessories and stuff on gmarket as well but I don't want to buy it from there just in case I mess up the ordering or so. And the shipping is killer...

Guest FumiHime

hi guys. I posted this also in the Lomography thread but I want to try posting it here,

Uhm I want to ask regarding the Fujifilm Instax 7s. I know there are issues with the flash being too strong. Uhm would it be ok to cover the flash when it is not needed? Will it affect the picture?

Thanks...

I think the flash is fine and there's no need to cover it, I accidentally covered the flash in a picture and it turned out really dark(only the eyes and my friend's ring were visible).

Thanks...

i don't think you should cover the flash, especially when you're indoors.

i tried covering it once with tissue, and yeah the harsh flash was gone, but the picture was totally underexposed too.

i think that's coz the shutter speed is 1/60 which is pretty fast already. so you're gonna need the flash to compensate.

Guest NO NAME?

i ordered an instax 7s and immediately got it the next day. gotta love fast shipping ;)

this was my first shot.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2786/415610..._86b50afcc5.jpg

the film's kinda expensive though so i'm gonna take pictures very slowly haha. i only have 60 pieces and i've used two so far.

Ah, nice shot! Haha. It's so hard to take pictures slowly. One time, I finished a pack in about 5 minutes because everyone wanted a polaroid to take home :P

15ba86f9.jpg

These are my favorites at the moment.

It's been awhile since I last used the 7S which was Halloween. Down to one pack now. I should really order those close-up lens.

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

my white instax mini 7s came off white...that's not right, right?

it looks so pretty and perfectly white on the box

but mine is an off white/cream-ish kinda color

Guest xxbobachan

gah, i adore polaroids.

the last time i took a photo was in like elementary

i want one .___.

it costs so much though, eh. D: film too.

&agnes.; i love your polaroid (: <3

Ah, nice shot! Haha. It's so hard to take pictures slowly. One time, I finished a pack in about 5 minutes because everyone wanted a polaroid to take home :P

haha yeah it's hard to say no isn't it? xD i used 6 pieces of film so far, but have only kept two.

&agnes.; i love your polaroid (: <3

thank you :)

^Yes! I bought mine from them. They are amazing! I asked special instructions for filling the customs and they were very nice about it. Also, I had a little complications with paying extra for EMS cuz I didn't have enough money in my balance, so I negotiated with them about it and they were kind enough to send out the package before they received the extra 5.99US$ for EMS. I got it after 4 days.

4177287939_f6e8531507.jpg

Buy the camera itself from u-japan, that's the cheapest deal around.

MiSs L.E - To answer your question about the difference between the coloured mini 25 and the white one, I'm pretty sure they're the same but the white is the newer cuz it still says Cheki on the box of the 25.

i was looking around for instax 25 cheki pink... but the seller said that version is currently not available in the market?? i'm so frustrated when heard that. is it true?

then i came across to Polaroid Mio Instant Camera on the ebay. anyone have heard about this camera?

41sg63d9ckl._sl500_aa280_.jpg

i wonder what version shall i buy.. the 7s seems ok.. but lots of batteries? not convenient

for 25s, the lovely color that i'm so keen to buy is not available? (or i'm so terrible at searching the items?)

55star seems very attractive as well...

hmmm i'm confused

i'm just gonna rant a little.

i took 4 shots with my instax today, and only one of them was properly exposed.

we were shooting in really broad daylight, mind you.

what made me mad (well not really mad, just jealous lol) was that the one okay-looking picture was the one i took of my friend and her bf. all other pictures with me in it, and taken by my friends were all underexposed. ><

no i'm not saying i'm good at taking pictures coz i'm not. like i said before i've only been able to take one good picture. xD it was a lucky shot and i'm just jealous that it's not even a picture that i'm in, lol. i was just hoping i'd get a good pic with my bf so i could give it to him. but yeah, they just really sucked.

anyway here's a comparison. hers is on the right, you can actually see people!~ *gasp* mine on the left, 3 pictures and nothing see-able. haha.

img3757k.jpgimg3745m.jpg

so i rest my case. i'm not very happy with my instax. i quite regret buying it.

Guest breathless.

has anyone bought the self-cam cover for the instax7s? it has a little mirror and macro lens...

I have the self cam lens. I've used it once and awhile.

I've read that the mini 7s' pictures are about credit card size. Are all the Fujifilm polaroid cameras (photos) that size?

No--Fuji has cameras that take wider pictures, but those are MASSIVE cameras. My sister wanted to buy one for a trip, but when we saw it out of the box, it was a tank. A cool looking tank, but a tank nonetheless.

About battery life, I've used it on ~10 packs so far and the battery is still going on strong.

I'm so close to selling my 7s to my friend for the mini 25.

I actually used to use my instant ALL THE TIME, but now that I'm not on vacation I use it more sparingly. It's nice to have when you're taking pictures of strangers so you can give them something in return.

Some scans:

tumblr_kstl337OWf1qa8t04o1_500.jpg

On impulse, I bought the disney princess themes once. They're fun, but a bit distracting.

w2nj9h.jpg

i'm back. i'm on my second pack of film now, and i've gotten better pictures this time.

i guess you just need to be close enough to the subject so the flash can light it, and make sure you're close to the background to get a background. xD otherwise it'll just be black.

img4049.jpg

Guest limepunch

i'm back. i'm on my second pack of film now, and i've gotten better pictures this time.

i guess you just need to be close enough to the subject so the flash can light it, and make sure you're close to the background to get a background. xD otherwise it'll just be black.

img4049.jpg

Pictures look awesome! I guess it just takes a bit of trial and error with these types of things. I'm just worried that my shots would turn out blurry. LOL. I don't have really steady hands.

Now I'm all pumped for getting one for myself for Christmas :P

limepunch you don't have to worry about unsteady hands. the flash will take care of that for you. ;)

unless of course your subject is moving. but if your hands are a little shaky it should be alright.

i'm using up my film a lot more carelessly now, eek. i've already used 15 pieces. only 7 of them were properly exposed, haha. i need to control myself.

Archived