Polaroid Cameras

Guest sillypanda

Guest woahcrlo

lol i was just about to post the same thing ! i read it off of engadget aha.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/13/polaroi...10-nostalgists/

i'm really excited ! i'm glad they realized what a big mistake they made. hopefully this release won't be pushed aside .

edit : so i just read this site . http://www.polapremium.com/news?date=2009-10-13

from what i can tell , they're releasing a limited edition set on October 16th (this friday ! ) which comes with vintage Polaroid items. the cost is $450 US dollar.

45874557.jpg

In celebration of this significant milestone and to shorten your waiting period but to enable you to hold a lovely, shining Polaroid classic in your hands and start shooting right away, we are offering a hand-picked and exclusively compiled Celebration edition of the unique SX-70 camera in a very limited special batch of only 8 kits.

In each of the original leather bags you will find:

- one original SX-70 camera

- two original SX-70 film packs (collectible - ancient, not tested.)

- one flash bar

- one copy of the Polaroid book "Sofortbilder ohne Probleme"

- one picture frame

- one Polapremium CD with original SX-70 materials (manuals, articles, tips&tricks)

then next year , they're planning on re-releasing a Polaroid model that was released a while ago , its limited edition so i'm guessing it won't be mass produced ?

kamerablitz.jpg

Polaroid will re-launch the legendary Polaroid One Step Camera and is therefore commissioning The Impossible Project to develop and produce a limited edition of Polaroid® branded Instant Films in the middle of 2010.

fear not for those who think they are only releasing instant polaroids for a limited amount of time, they're also planning a release of a polaroid two next year .

Large-scale production and worldwide sale of The Impossible Project's new integral film materials under its own brand will already start in the beginning of 2010 - with a brand new and astonishing black and white Instant Film and the first colour films to follow in the course of the year.

yeep . aha i can't believe i made such a huge post ! you can tell i'm already excited .

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pandalove

I miss polaroid cameras. I had so much fun with them as a kid. But then they came out with digital cameras when I was in grade 4. ):

I might get one when I go back to Japan this summer! Or they might have them in HK.

Guest itsannies

=O I logged onto soompi to ask some questions regarding polaroid cameras and it was the first topic in the thread! <3

I'm excited that they're going to produce the film again, but we still have to wait till next year right? I can't wait since I found a sx-70 lying around, the original very first ones, but I have no clue if it works or not. Would anyone happen to know if there is a way to see if it works without the actual film? I'm not patient enough to wait a whole year for it but I don't have money to spend like $60 on film off ebay. =[

=O I logged onto soompi to ask some questions regarding polaroid cameras and it was the first topic in the thread! <3

I'm excited that they're going to produce the film again, but we still have to wait till next year right? I can't wait since I found a sx-70 lying around, the original very first ones, but I have no clue if it works or not. Would anyone happen to know if there is a way to see if it works without the actual film? I'm not patient enough to wait a whole year for it but I don't have money to spend like $60 on film off ebay. =[

if you have an empty sx-70 or 600 film pack u can try putting it in and see. hopefully the battery still works =]

i used to have the mini 7 but i just sold it yesterday.... cuz i upgraded to 55i! :D

3184239663_365ef3701c.jpg

the timer function on this one is pretty useful! and its lighter since it uses 1 smaller battery compared to 4AA batteries!! i like it a lot!

BTW does anyone have any suggestions on what coloured markers are good for writing on instax? i see some on ebay but its so exp =_=

Guest nobody knows

^can't you use sharpie? or no o_o

JING-JING

AHHHH so lucky<3

how much did you sell it for? o_o I want one so I'm looking at like the lowest~average prices :x

Guest nobody knows

@1010: Like what JapaneseObesession obsession said, what about using a sharpie or those metallic types? But those cost a bit more than the ones I saw on eBay.

@JapaneseObesession: Sell? You mean buy right? Haha. I bought it for $119 shipped (Instax Mini 7S + 50 film) from this eBay seller. Shipping took longer than I thought it would, but I could care less about that now that I have the cam in my hand :D

nonono I meant sell ^^

because you said you sold your mini 7~

so I was wondering how much it'd cost if it was used lightly compared to new etc. :x~ (prolly not that great a difference if it's like new though)

oaeufhsguh THAT MAKES ME JEALOUS

I want one too D: /starts piggy bank

Guest yummy.pockey

Well, I got mine for about $50-55USD and it's the Fujifilm Instax 7s and about $7-8USD per film box (10 each).

I don't know what the place is called.. sorry haha.. but I know it was in Mong Kok, by Sneaker street. That's not the real name of the st, but that's what it's commonly known as apparently.

Inside it was a bunch of DSLRs, but there's this own section towards the back that says 'fujifilm' that sells all fujifilm instaxes.

LOLLLLL SO VAGUE, I KNOW, but I hope explaining it might make it easier T_T~

There was also this place that sold a lot of anime stuff, posters, clothes, CDs, etc. with like 4 stories in Mong Kok with a very small camera store that sold Holgas and Instaxes. Instax was about $45USD haha.

That's vague toooo, but maybe someone you know who lives in Hong Kong might know what I'm talking about LOL

Haha thanks! I'm going to HK in december too, can't wait to get mine 8D

BUT! now seeing that the real polaroid films are coming back in 2010, i'm wondering if i should buy a fuji or get a cheap polaroid camera in flea markets, and wait the films... sigh.

Or maybe both. but i'm not so rich, and also want to try toy cameras (white slim angel!!)

Haha thanks! I'm going to HK in december too, can't wait to get mine 8D

BUT! now seeing that the real polaroid films are coming back in 2010, i'm wondering if i should buy a fuji or get a cheap polaroid camera in flea markets, and wait the films... sigh.

Or maybe both. but i'm not so rich, and also want to try toy cameras (white slim angel!!)

I think you should get the Fuji. Yeah the Polaroid cam is cheaper whereas the Fujifilm Mini cams are a little bit pricey but when it comes to the film there is a big possibility that the films that'll be reproduced in 2010 will be expensive than the Fujifilm instax films.

And also by reading peoples reviews i foudn out that the Instax has a better pic quality that the polaroid films.

That's just my opinion though.. hehehe

Guest yummy.pockey

I think you should get the Fuji. Yeah the Polaroid cam is cheaper whereas the Fujifilm Mini cams are a little bit pricey but when it comes to the film there is a big possibility that the films that'll be reproduced in 2010 will be expensive than the Fujifilm instax films.

And also by reading peoples reviews i foudn out that the Instax has a better pic quality that the polaroid films.

That's just my opinion though.. hehehe

Thanks for your opinion =D

How much were the polaroid films years ago? and yeah it's possible they will sell it more expensive, because they know people will buy whatever the price hahaha!

Guest nobody knows

@JapaneseObesession: Oh! Then that question is for 1010, not me ;)

She(?) is the one who sold her mini 7S and upgraded to a 55i.

wow

duh ;__;

I can't read >_<~

1010;

how much did you sell your camera for? o:

& where? like eBay or amazon? >_<~

Guest sodopeboyfresh

if you were to take a picture would it print out right away or do you have the option of printing and deleting pics?

Guest NO NAME?

^ It would print right away. Aren't all polaroid cams shoot-and-print?

The Polaroid PoGo Instant Digital Camera looks interesting.

But I like the vintage look of Polaroid photos :)

Guest hunterheart

I'm getting the Instax 25 (woot)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...A:IT&ih=003

I checked through EVERY PAGE and this was THE BEST DEAL I found for the MINI 25.

I hope they still have it when I get money ~ Anyhow, it's 145$ US for the camera + 50 photos. Also, free expedited shipping. Also has a very detailed comparison of the 7s and 25.

Archived