eyes after many years of glasses

Guest christine101

Guest christine101

I've been wearing glasses for like ten years and have been thinking about getting contacts. However one thing i notice is that my eyes seem to look really weird without my glasses if anyone knows what I mean, and even my friends said so. Has anyone had similar problems or had glasses for a long time and switched to contacts? Does it seem to look a lil better after a while with contacts. If yes, how long should it take?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest c-rayons

If you want contacts then think about how much money your going to use towards them because you know they ain't cheap. But if you are go for a year plan. Also do you have really dark bad circles? I wouldn't suguest unless your wearing concealer. I have glasses and I switched to contacts but then I didn't know how annoying it was ): < it's like wash it then put it in and then take if off and wash it before you sleep... I get really tired. If all of these stuff is an OKAY for you then it might take like 3 months to let everyone get use too : D

You're probably just not use to it.

I switch between glasses and contacts and it still seems odd to me =P.

but maybe it does, cause according to my cousin i have "glass eyes"

which makes no sense to me =l

so just take the time to get use to it

change is odd in the beginning.

Guest Totorox3

i've been wearing glasses for 9 years and i just got contacts this year. i always thought i would've looked better w/o glasses and the first 2 days i had contacts, i guess i wasn't that used to it. so now that i'm used to it, i think glasses look weird on me :P so i have to wear contacts now lol :D

Guest c i e l`

I thought I looked really weird without glasses,

but now it's been like...4 or 5 months and my friends

said I looked better with contacts on (only 2 months

after I started wearing them). But then, I guess it depends.

Even though it takes some time to 'take care' of the contact lenses,

I think it's worth it (yet it didn't cost me a lot haha)...

It'll take some time to get used, if you think you're able to go through

all the annoying parts of : taking 20 minutes or more just to put them on,

getting weird comments about how much you look better with glasses,

and feeling really embarrassed and weird without your glasses,

go get them...if not then you should probably stick to glasses.

(the annoying parts go away after a while hehe ^^)

i think eye shapes kind of change a bit (in a bad way) after wearing glasses for so long

many relatives told me my eye shape changed a bit @@

but on top of that you'll probably find it een more strange since you'll be so unfamiliar with yourself ~

i wore glasses for 8years until i switched to cons

but after a week or two i started loving them!!!

like someone else said, i find it weird when i wear glasses now : P

Guest churccix3

i wore glasses for the LONGEST time, but i converted to contacts..

and my problem was..WHY DID I LOOK SO UGLY WITHOUT MY GLASSES?

but that was only temporary, thankfully :)

now i can't wear my glasses in public. haha i need my contacts EVERYWHERE.

so you'll get used to it, it's just you're not used to how you look in contacts yet. :)

Yes, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. Most ppl are like that, and I was the same way. You look really really weird when you first stop wearing glasses and switch to contacts. but it WILL go away. Takes like a week or too. :)

Guest fahrenheitlove<3

this happened it me too haha, but its just because you're not used to how you look without glasses, you'll get used to it eventually,

Guest redranger

I've been wearing glasses for as long as I can remember but my eyes haven't changed a bit. It's probably because you're so used to wearing glasses you're not familiar with what you look like without them. I'm sure that'll be over soon though. It's like when you get new glasses... It takes a few hours to a few days to adjust.

i`ve worn glasses for 5 years, then i switched to contacts a year ago.

glasses just made my eyesight even worse.. ._.;

then i switched to hard day contacts and it`s supposed to slow down the growth of my eyesight.

but now that i have contacts, it`s a lot easier for me i guess.

it kinda depends on how well you can put in contacts though. even though i took 5 minutes the first time, others took waay longer so yeah. but you get used to it after 2 weeks or so.

Guest xxReminisce

People aren't use to seeing you without your glasses and so that's why it looks a little strange. After you get use to it, it's really not that much of a hassel to wear contacts. I stay get contacts because then you'll have the option to either wear your glasses or wear contacts.

Guest forgottenmemories

You're probably not used to it that's why. I wore glasses for a good 4-5 years and when I finally got contacts, I looked so weird. It took me awhile to get used to them.

Your eyes look weird without glasses because people are always used to the frame going around them. People think it's subtle but if you wear glasses all the time, people's eyes get very used to those frames. Sounds like you don't take your glasses off often since your own eyes are used to them too... when you take your glasses off it looks as if a part of your face is missing, so to speak.

Glasses also often mask details such as eye size, eyelashes, eyebags, etc.

Shapes of glasses also have an effect... like if I wear those upward-pointing glasses I look really angry XD

All these subtle details are things you think you wouldn't notice, but they really do have an effect!

I wore glasses for 5 years and got contacts last year. A lot of people said I look weird/different, my eyes look bigger, etc; but they all got used to it and me with or without glasses looks normal now ^_^

It'll just take a week to get used to, probably.

it's all just a trick of the eye!

Also, I don't think there is any physical way for glasses to change your eyes aside from vision o_o

your eyes don't even touch your glasses! The only physical effect I've seen is some people get a bump on their nose because the weight of the glasses has been leaning on the nose for so long. If your eyes look actually DIFFERENT they probably just changed as your face matured, lol.

edit: also, if you are seriously getting contacts, make sure you take proper care of them !! Ask your optometrist and do your research! Eyes are extremely sensitive and when people wear contact lenses without proper care, it causes gradual damage that they don't realize until it's far too late. just a precaution D: !

Like what everyone else said, you're probably just not use to it.

I wore glasses for 3 years and got contacts recently - beginning of september - and i dont think it looks weird on me and neither does my friends, but thats probably cause i only wear my glasses in class and i dont wear them outside.

Guest Chalk-Bandits

I've been wearing glasses for 7 years. Just started wearing contacts last year.

When I first took my glasses off, my eyes look kind of weird. Idk..kind of sunken in and looking smaller than usual?

After wearing contacts for a few time, my eyes returned back to their "normal" shape.

I wear contacts to school and wear glasses at home. They're not weird looking anymore...

You'll get used to it after wearing contacts for a few times. :D

Guest CherryColors

Your friends are just not used to you without glasses!

Now you'll be able to experiment a bit more with make up (if you're a girl).

Soft contacts are great, and they are NOT that expensive anyway. Here are like 25€ for a box of 6 contact lenses which are for 14 days. So A month an a half. Which means 175€/year. That's not bad at all.

In the US the lenses are a lot cheaper tho..

I also wear circle lenses, which last up to a year, so I save a LOT of money on those. One pair is 20$+

I wore glasses for a long period of time too, and recently switched to contacts.

I think you're just not used to seeing yourself without glasses.

Glasses make your eyes appear smaller, especially if your prescription is really deep.

As time passes, you'll realize it's not much different.

i've had glasses for 13 yrs (4 to 17) and trust me... the sight of me without my goggles is NOT pretty.

interestingly:

_my mom agrees with me that i look weird.

_my uncle whom i havent been in contact with for hte last 6 years said i look prettier wihtout glasses.

so i say you guys are probably not used to it. ask a random person who hasnt known you for long.

Thing is, i'm way too lazy to wear them everyday. plus i have to wear hard lenses. they're painful.

Archived