[upcoming][jmovie 2010] Bandage

Immortal_Angel

Akanishi Jin, Kie Kitano, Kengo Kora, Yuki Shibamoto and more
I did not see this listed in the movie thread so I think nobody made a thread for this yet. if there is, please do tell me

Old News:

Akanishi to star in movie “Bandage” Wed, October 29, 2008

KAT-TUN member Jin Akanishi will be making his big screen debut with a starring role in a movie titled “BANDAGE.” The film, set in the early 1990s during Japan’s “band boom” era, will be the first fictional film directed by music producer Takeshi Kobayashi.

In the movie, Akanishi plays Natsu, the leader and vocalist of a 4-member rock band called LANDS. The story follows the ups and downs of the members’ friendship as they aim for fame.

In addition to directing, Kobayashi is producing the film and handling the music. He was chosen as director by Shunji Iwai, who wrote the movie’s script. The pair have worked together before – Kobayashi did the music for Iwai’s “Swallowtail” (1996) and “All About Lily Chou-Chou” (2001), and most recently they are both involved with Eriko Kitagawa’s “Harufuwei.” Kobayashi previously directed the 1995 documentary “es” about the group Mr.Children, but this will be his first time in charge of a movie with actors.

As music producer, Kobayashi is planning to write at least five songs to be performed in the movie by LANDS. The songs will likely see a CD release in the future.

Fans will have to wait until 2010 to see the movie, but filming begins on November 3.

Source: Sponichi Annex

Cast announcement for movie "Bandage" Tue, December 16, 2008

In October, it was announced that Jin Akanishi's first starring movie role will be in "BANDAGE," which is being directed by music producer Takeshi Kobayashi and written by Shunji Iwai. Although the film isn't scheduled for release until 2010, the rest of the main cast has already been revealed as of Monday.

Leading the list of names are Kie Kitano, Kengo Kora, and Yuki Shibamoto. Nobuaki Kaneko (the drummer of RIZE), Hideyuki Kasahara, model Anne, Ayumi Ito, and Kazuo Zaitsu have also been cast. Besides Akanishi's role, specific character details have not been revealed yet.

Source: Oricon

Newest News:

Akanishi's LANDS to debut this fall

Tue, September 8, 2009

The movie "BANDAGE," directed by Takeshi Kobayashi and starring KAT-TUN's Jin Akanishi, has been scheduled for release on January 16, 2010. But before the end of this year, Akanishi will make his solo CD debut under the name LANDS, the fictional band that appears in the film.

"BANDAGE" has been in the works since 2008. The movie depicts the friendship of the four bandmates of LANDS as they aim for success. Akanishi plays the band's leader and vocalist Natsu.

The movie's theme song is also called "BANDAGE," written and composed by Kobayashi. Akanishi first performed the song at the Tokyo Girls Collection on September 5, with Kobayashi accompanying him on guitar.

Aside from the theme song, there will be at least one other song by Akanishi in the movie, though a CD release for it has not yet been decided.

Source: Sponichi Annex

Here is a short preview of the movie coming up, fangirls will go wild after seeing this haha :D

Preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXJ7iC1eg1M

Here is some caps I found of the movie girls will go wild haha :D

sxci7s.jpg

2lb136v.jpg

34t2umb.jpg

credits By sangshil at 2009-09-08 credit: XQ

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest lakatsumi

Is this movie out online with English sub yet?????

Yes, this movie is out with English sub. You can watch it at mysoju.com or dramacrazy.net.

Guest moa.lovefuwa

i think BECK is a lot more anticipating judging from the pv that Bandage gave...... more tear heartgripping while the characters seemed more a lot of conceited band members.....

• 1 month later...
Guest sputnik451

This is a VERY handsomely made film.

The grundgy atmosphere, saturated tone and wonderfully sculpted enigmatic characters made a film of a higher standard than most others of its kind.

I didn't expect much from the cast but they did their job superbly and of course Kobayashi did a brilliant job for a first time director.

Scattered chunks of Iwai could be seen. Great film!

Archived