[Hong Kong TVB Drama 2009] 宮心計/ Gong Sum Gai / Beyond The Realm Of Conscience (hk Versio

XxVietGurlxX

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Justalilodreamer

interesting! seems like its been awhile since TVB came out with these types of ancient series. I dont really like watching Kevin Cheung but i think i can live with it lol

The make up, accessories, and outfits looks amazing! :o im looking forward to this

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rlp_emeoe

>_< its one of those old type dramas, but i suppose since charmaine, tavia, and moses are in it it shouldnt be that bad

yeh sometimes the tvb grand productions arent all that good though e.g. drive of life & gem of life. like they had several eps but not really good. im not saying tvb grand productions are bad, because i loved watching heart of greed and moonlight resonance, but yeh :D

IT IS CONFIRMED THAT SUSANNA WILL BE SINGING THE THEMESONG THE TITLE WILL BE:

唔駛再多估喇 (There Is No Need To Guess)

OFFICIAL SUMMARY

Imperial Household Bureau is responsible for managing and directing all household services to the Emperor and the Imperial family in Tong Dynasty. It is comprised of four departments, namely Jewels, Attire, Food and Furnishings. LAU SAM HO (Charmaine Sheh) and YIU KAM LING (Tavia Yeung) are introduced into the bureau in their tender age and brought up in the disciplines of the palace. The two girls are diligent. YUEN TSUI WAN (Susanna Kwan), Head of the Jewels, and CHUNG SUET HA (Michelle Yim), Head of the Attire, are both very fond of HO for she is a kind-hearted young girl. Soon, they start fighting for the fellowship of HO.

HO always remembers her mother's words left to her before she passed away, that she was told, 'Doing good deeds, Speaking good words, Showing goodwill'. She lives her life of being gracious and kind-hearted in the palace. On the other hand, LING believes her survival in palace is achieved through cruel and calculating tactics. She cheats and schemes her way to the top and finally becomes the concubine. Though she realizes that HO has fallen in love with the chess master KO HIN YEUNG (Kevin Cheng), her jealousy still arouses by HO's attraction to the Emperor LEE YI (Moses Chan). Fearing that she is losing power, she ruthlessly makes up a false allegation against HO for murdering the Empress (Mary Hon) and condemns her to death. No matter how clever she is to scheme, things do not go the way she planned. By using a strong comparison of the two distinctive characters, HO and LING, the message of the drama is that "benevolence" is the only way to gain final victory.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lady Violette

my favorite actors and actresses are in this, omg I'm excited to watch this! I haven't been excited about a tvb drama in a while and haven't seen an ancient theme for a long time too. Can't wait!!!

Guest chubbygirl1

the plot sounds delicious, but...but dislike most of the cast,

ughgh, Kelvin can so not act at ALL, except being pretty!

gruhhhh, lots of times TVB grand oh so grand series failed.

I will watch, cuz yah, Tavia play villian , that's a must watch. But i dont think she fits for a villian thou.

and Charmain will once again like any other drama, play a good hearted soul that need to be rescue; n the annoying evil lady from Heart of Greed...i will watch still Cuz it looks soo goodddd! omg, i cant waitTTTT:rolleyes:

Guest severus

I am beyond excited.

The costumes look ridiculous yet amazingly extravagant.

Tavia and Charmaine look so pretty, and even Tavia's makeup looks evil.

Just can't wait.

Guest RYUUSEi

They won't dub it to Mandarin, right? Please no, I don't want to have to watch a HK-drama with subs. :(

The trailer looks great, I love the costumes.

Guest adieu.cloud

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS ONE :D it's been a LOOOOOONG time since a royal ancient drama came out from tvb

it sounds like its good and all my favorite actor/actresses are in it! xD

I LOVE TAVIA'S MAKEUP! makes her look more evil, and the costumes looks so BEAUTIFUL!

Guest lalalover

OMG. im so excited for this series. i so want to see tavia's evil character and i loovee kevin cheng xD. can;t wait to see charmaine again, i just watced "you're hired" and it was funny xD

im pretty excited about this! i hope it won't drag though! ahh. soon! sooooon!!

can someone explain to me how gong sum gai will be the hk version of Jewel in the Palace? it's not about cooking or nursing : S and it has a different plot??

Archived