[Hong Kong TVB Drama 2009] 宮心計/ Gong Sum Gai / Beyond The Realm Of Conscience (hk Versio

XxVietGurlxX

hmmm...I just finished the first episode now. Maybe it's because I haven't watched ancient series for too long, but it's hard to understand what they are saying. Or my Chinese level just went down -___-"

Anyways, I cried so much watching the first episode. I think Susanna Kwan's character isn't that evil, because she cried at the end, when the mother died. And who would have thought that it's the girl...

edit:

So I just finished eps. 3. I think the real bad guy/women here is the dowager queen. The ladies at the Houshold Bureau aren't really bad (until now). It's kinda like War And Beauty were the ladies weren't really bad. But everyone is just trying to survive in the Imperial Palace.

Another thing is that I like the beginning of the series. I was affraid that it'd be boring, like a lot series. But I like the opening scene. Even though I didn't understand what the narrator was saying, it was someting about emperors and years... So if anyone could tell me what he said, in the first 2 episodes, I would be grateful. :)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rainy75

Are there any direct download or bittorrent links for the drama? I've looked on hliang and haven't found any links.

i usually do direct dl from here. (require acct+invitates)

http://asianuniverse.net/forums/TVB_A_Beyo...e__t188492.html

there's mu/ss/rapidshare etc

there's avi / rmvb ver

pm me if you need info.

--edit--

oh yeah i just remembered there's another site.

http://hkdl2010.blogspot.com/

Guest lonegurl

great series so far, the lines they say are really beatifully written i' m sure my chinese would improve! I kind of like Charmaine's character but I'm hoping it wouldn't richard simmons me in the end. The Dowager Queen being evil is so boring I'm hoping less focus on her though her acting in RB was good.

Guest chubbygirl1

u guys so lucky can understand Canton, i barely understand wheee bit. Grahhh, waiting for Eng subs.

meanwhile watching and guessing.

OMG, :huh: lol, when they show palace at birdeyes view, that is sooo fake using computer graphics.

and they try to hard to look "grand", tons of unnecessary embellishments, grahh, and the overuse music to dramatize everything freeking scene. <_<

so far is interesting, fun to see these women scheming their way for power.

^ You mean "You're Hired"? laugh.gif

lol, oh yah....got messed up, maybe, kekeke..in my mind i want her to get "fired" and it came out that way. kekek ;)

Waaaah, finished the third episode! I'm hooked on, haha.

Yeah! Kevin showed up =) I can't wait to see more romance between him and Charmaine. But I also like Moses and Charmaine. Speaking of Moses, he's pretty good at pretending to be 'stupid'. I want to see everyone's faces when he's all smart and all. Show that Edwin! Rawrrr.

So far it doesn't seem like Susanna is evil, and only Michelle is. Ack, they're all going to turn evil one way or another. Go Tavia!

darnit! I cant wait to watch episode 4 now.

I'm pretty sure we know michelle and susanna are gonna be be evil but so far they both dont show that much of it but only to each other. Cause in episode 3 how Michelle scremed "theres a snake" so it gives time to tavia to leave ..right? So it doesnt seem like michelle is that evil cause she doesnt want char to get in trouble.

Guest Veeneee

I just watched the first episode today, the beginning is quite sad, but i can't wait to watch ep 2 3 4 tomorrow. Their makeup looks so pretty in the photo. although i do wish i could watch this on a big HD tv.. computer quality isn't the best :(

Guest lonegurl

ep3 & 4 is moving kind of slow. hopefully more drama tomorrow.

OMG, :huh: lol, when they show palace at birdeyes view, that is sooo fake using computer graphics.

and they try to hard to look "grand", tons of unnecessary embellishments, grahh, and the overuse music to dramatize everything freeking scene. <_<

tvb's computer graphics is really bad, i think that's one of tvb's downside.

Guest chubbygirl1

^^not only that is one of their downside, have you seen Rich Bond, omg, the prop is horrible. Is flagrantly fake.

Roy's house is on the mountain, but they film it in the TVB studio, and to look convincing, they use poor, unskilled painting for the backdrop setting; how bad ur eyes is, u can tell is fake.That is not a mansion on the hills.

wow, the dowager queen is soo evil looking, scary......does she holds all the power?

seriously, Mosses is really good acting an idiot.

grahh, they already adults in ep. 2, that's fast.

I think Susanna Kwan and Michelle have a misunderstanding, like Susanna Kwan doesn't seem out to get anyone, and Michelle is only out to get Susanna....so in a way, both of them aren't really evil at all. LOL i loved the little girl in ep 2..the last one who was chosen for the head piece making department. I think these kids can act well, when they cried in ep 2 and there were actually tears unlike jacky jai and all those others who force themselves OD hard. I actually love the make up and hair in this series, I've never seen such glamor in tvb shows in a long time. And even the old ladies look mad pretty here. And I think the only hyper, super evil one is the freaking kings mother. I love ah fook (from kindred spirit) in everything he does, very likeable.

Omg, that was Jacky jai? I totally didn't recognised him! I am talking about younger Moses here...hahaha not sure if you were.

But I remember TVB computer graphics used to be good...I'm thinking of Journey to the West...hahaha

LOL i loved the little girl in ep 2..the last one who was chosen for the head piece making department. I think these kids can act well, when they cried in ep 2 and there were actually tears unlike jacky jai and all those others who force themselves OD hard.

Omg, that was Jacky jai? I totally didn't recognised him! I am talking about younger Moses here...hahaha not sure if you were.

Sorry for cutting posts.

No, little prince Moses is not Jacky Jai. It's Lawrence Ng who plays little Moses.

Guest je_amourx

I've just started with ep 1 and I must say, it really is a GRAND production. From the costume to the hair, make-up, scenes, everything is beautiful. However, I really think they over-accessorized with the hair-accessories, way too many flowers, butterflies, and the unknown.

I wish they chose someone besides Kevin, sorry I'm not a fan of his acting ... and he does not look good in ancient series. Yes, I'm biased.

I've just started with ep 1 and I must say, it really is a GRAND production. From the costume to the hair, make-up, scenes, everything is beautiful. However, I really think they over-accessorized with the hair-accessories, way too many flowers, butterflies, and the unknown.

I wish they chose someone besides Kevin, sorry I'm not a fan of his acting ... and he does not look good in ancient series. Yes, I'm biased.

I agree, it is a grand production, and I'm really enjoying it. All the actresses, actors, veterans... they're all doing a wonderful job. That's precisely why TVB pushed back the awards so Charmaine and Tavia [and whoever else] can compete with Sheren for the Queen. Personally, I think Tavia has a greater chance than Charmaine, just by judging their characters. I mean, they're both doing well, but I have to say, Tavia is in favour.

I also think Kevin isn't as well suited for ancient series. But I'm giving him a try. He looks so much better with his hair up than when his hair was long at his first appearance. I just want to see some Kevin Charmaine romance puahaha.

Guest Justalilodreamer

^ haha yeah thats what i thought as well but if you watch closely there are some very minor similarities. Like the evil vs. good surviving in the imperial palace and the whole working in different 'sections' and making your way up to higher positions.

I think these kids can act well, when they cried in ep 2 and there were actually tears unlike jacky jai and all those others who force themselves OD hard.

Yeah i agree. While i was watching that kid act i was thinking, "OMG finally a kid in TVB that can act without sounding like hes reading right off the script!" Im very impressed because those lines are difficult..i know it'll probably take me ages (and tons of screw ups) if i had to memorize that kind of script @_@ that boy did really well

Ugh Kevin Cheung :x .. I like Moses character, his acting ability is pretty versatile, i used to think he was a bad actor.

I think my chinese went down the drain, at some parts i had a hard time understanding what they're saying as well. I needed my aunt to explain often. I wonder who is actually going to sub this :o its quite difficult

Archived