[Hong Kong TVB Drama 2009] 宮心計/ Gong Sum Gai / Beyond The Realm Of Conscience (hk Versio

XxVietGurlxX

Michelle Yim, Susanna Kwan, Charmaine Sheh, Tavia Yeung, etc...

000000718956_1255150309.jpg

Title: 宮心計

Cantonese/Mandarin Title: Gong Sum Gai

English Title: Beyond The Realm Of Conscience

Previously known as: Palace Scheme

Vietnamese Title: Cung Tâm Kế

Costume Fitting: February 16, 2009

Starts Filming: February 20 or 22, 2009

Airing in HK: Oct 19 - Nov 27

Episodes: 33

Genre: Ancient, Tang Dynasty (HK version of korean drama "Jewel in the Palace")

Producer: Mui Siu Ching

Themesong: 宮心計 (Beyond The Realm Of Conscience) by Susanna Kwann

Subtheme: 風車 (Windmill) by Charmaine Sheh

WATCH the Sales of Presentation 2009 clip

WATCH the Preview/Trailer

WATCH Opening Theme Vid <--- a MUST watch

Cast:

Michelle Yim as Suet Ha

Susanna Kwan as Chiu Wan

Charmaine Sheh as Sam Ho

Tavia Yeung as Kam Ling

Kevin Cheng as Hin Yeung

Moses Chan as Li Chen

Selena Li

Crystal Tin

Ching Hor Wai

Rosanne Lui

Kara Hui

Susan Tse

Mary Hon

Mandy Cho

Tracy Yip

Edwin Siu

Yoyo Chen

Yvonne Lam

Synopsis:

Imperial Household Bureau is responsible for managing and directing all household services to the Emperor and the Imperial family in Tong Dynasty. It is comprised of four departments, namely Jewels, Attire, Food and Furnishings. LAU SAM HO (Charmaine Sheh) and YIU KAM LING (Tavia Yeung) are introduced into the bureau in their tender age and brought up in the disciplines of the palace. The two girls are diligent. YUEN TSUI WAN (Susanna Kwan), Head of the Jewels, and CHUNG SUET HA (Michelle Yim), Head of the Attire, are both very fond of HO for she is a kind-hearted young girl. Soon, they start fighting for the fellowship of HO.

HO always remembers her mother's words left to her before she passed away, that she was told, 'Doing good deeds, Speaking good words, Showing goodwill'. She lives her life of being gracious and kind-hearted in the palace. On the other hand, LING believes her survival in palace is achieved through cruel and calculating tactics. She cheats and schemes her way to the top and finally becomes the concubine. Though she realizes that HO has fallen in love with the chess master KO HIN YEUNG (Kevin Cheng), her jealousy still arouses by HO's attraction to the Emperor LEE YI (Moses Chan). Fearing that she is losing power, she ruthlessly makes up a false allegation against HO for murdering the Empress (Mary Hon) and condemns her to death. No matter how clever she is to scheme, things do not go the way she planned. By using a strong comparison of the two distinctive characters, HO and LING, the message of the drama is that "benevolence" is the only way to gain final victory.

credit to Immortal_Angel@soompi

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest missyblue

i've been waiting patiently for this series to come out. XD

wow, tavia's smirk on the poster looks very convincing. like, 'hay you, i'ma beat you down'

OMGAH. THE PREVIEW! adfhaelrngsdf?!??~

lol i just watched it, and oh my god. O_O damn, tavia's character just changed like that.

there's gonna be a lot of draaaaaamaa. oh my, susanna kwan? michelle yim? COOL!

the costumes look very pretty.

Guest missyblue

From the trailer provided it looks like the series is gong to be dubbed (into Mandarin) can anyone confirm that?

if this series is a collaboration with mainland actors, it might be dubbed.

but it's not though... right?

looking at the list of the cast names, all of them are from TVB... so probably not.

maybe the preview was dubbed for other reasons.

Yes! There's a thread on this !

I've been waiting for this since I saw it from the sales presentation =)

I think it's a great drama for Tavia to shine.

I also hope Charmaine won't be one of those overly goody goody two shoes.

Charmaine/Kevin, and Charmaine/Moses ... I'm waiting to see!

ok about this is 1 of the anniversary drama for TVB for this year, im not sure about that anymore

since i heard that TVB anniversary for this year is going to be in November or December

but this drama is not airing in HK til mid of October

so i dont kno if this drama is still an anniversary drama or not anymore

Guest Smileforjessie

it looks so evil like moonlight ressonence(sp?) i love it!!!

i cant wait for this, Charmaine is such a good actress..and her kind heart is so heartwarming in this drama..ahhhhh hurry october!

Archived