Korean Netizens Are Not Happy With Jaebeom

Guest Ssaga_G

Guest disfunktional.

Actually, I don't know if netizens have different translations for this, but I found one that's pretty popular and they translated the term 'gay' into pretty much what the slang meant...or even more generously.

http://x53.xanga.com/88ff7320d7035253962586/w201846091.jpg

credits: daum

dangg jay, that last comment wasn't on the front page o___o

was he trying to sound fob? "my life suck penis for u...twelf dollah" ?

jay jay jay lol.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kashmier

jaebum said that he always go to church when he was in the US.

what a liar...

i didn't know a christian will curse this bad and uses too much foul language.

Jaebum is just pretending to be a naive and innocent boy in variety shows <_<

-sigh-

i cannot express the way i am feeling for Jaebeom right now :L

but i do understand his ways.

he was raised and born in america, so its very likely to see those types of comments from a foreigner.

tho his comments were a tad harsh, i will support him forever<3

again and again and again, if i have to (:

Guest Ssaga_G

Actually, I don't know if netizens have different translations for this, but I found one that's pretty popular and they translated the term 'gay' into pretty much what the slang meant...or even more generously.

Here's how they translated it.

http://x53.xanga.com/88ff7320d7035253962586/w201846091.jpg

They just translated the "Korea's so gay" parts into literally in Hangul "Korea's frustrating me/Korea's annoying."

It doesn't even sound as bad as it is in English the way they translated so I don't know...

Korea and netizens not being mad at the word 'gay' in particular...they're mad at the fact that he's talking about Korea as a whole negatively, and the people in general.

Again-- we all know that WE understand him and that you guys hate Koreans too sometimes bc of different things so you know what he means, etc etc. but that's not something Koreans understand/know so...let's just try to look at their perspective.

But he apologized so it should calm down sooner than later...but just clearing up how Koreans are translating this.

PS. Isn't Jessica one of the most common names in the world? XD

credits to the translations: daum

Yea... reading the Korean translations... it doesn't even sound as bad as it does in English.

In fact. It sounds A WHOLE LOT better.

It says being in Korea and the Korean people are frustrating. It doesn't even mention gay.

ahh poor jaebeom o____o

for all the bashing....

of course, it was dumb for him to say that

really surprising...although not...really.

love jaebeom and all but he can be immature ^___^;;;

-edit-

okay after reading other comments

about how korean netizens and stuff are acting

...i feel soo bad for jay and hope things cool down o__o

gahhh. first chansung's littering and now this

i hope they don't go through much troubles 'cause i loveee 2pm!!!!

:\ i'm a jaebum fan, and i don't want to sound like i'm defending him just because i'm a fan

but netizen's are seriously over the top. they've obviously stalked his myspace page as well as his friends comments

just to find these miniscule posts. like URGH, privacy much?

i agree, the things he's said are immature, but you've got to realize that this happened years ago

his mindset has obviously matured, and he's adjusted better to his surroundings,

bottom line, please put yourself into his situation, a lot of times, things are said that aren't meant

rooting from overwhelming emotions. leave him alone. leave all of those idols alone :(

Guest wildbunnies

what a ssagaji lol. who wouldnt get mad reading those comments, especially if you were a fan and really liked the guy? i don't sympathize with jay at all on this issue, he really messed up. on a brighter note, thank god those comments were 4 years old, but i hope it doesnt resurface over and over again like jessica ho calling boa gay.

and being a 'busy body' and searching up his myspace just shows how much fandom there was over this guy, isn't it? and to find out what he thought of them were just fools..salt to the wounds. i know the comments were old but obviously theres gonna be a reaction nonetheless since its just found out.

Guest thehazyfiasco

jessica alba is at his place? o_O

It's how Jay translated it himself in the apology translation.

"Jessica Alba is at my place, haha."

Probably just a running joke/celebrity affection.

Guest cHenz--

Guys.. let's take it this way.. according to dictionary, gay means cheery, bright, happy, etc (if you don't believe me, try type define:gay in google search bar).. Soo.. did he imply that Korea is a cheery place?? LOL..

Okay.. putting the jokes aside..

I won't give any comment to what Jay wrote because well.. he wrote it to his friend. It's just unfortunate that his friend's myspace page is set to public.. (people.. that's why you should set your privacy level to as private as possible in any social sites.. you won't know who will become the next superstar in your friends list :P )

But yeah, I read some netizen's comment in bestiz, and they don't sound too happy with it. I just hope that JYP will do some damage control.. Also, I hope that this matter won't interfere with their comeback schedule and show(s) they are in..

And what's more sad though (I think) is the fact that this news came out not long after 2PM first year anniversary T____T

----------------------------

@kashmier

Not everybody that go to church are innocent and holy.. I've seen lots of church-goers that curse outside church..

Also, can you please remind me in which show did he act as a naive and innocent boy? I've seen most of his appearance on the shows, and the word "innocent" and "naive" are not the words that came to my mind when I watched it.

Guest stephlove_

thats ridiculous!!

it was writin 2-4 years ago!!

im korean and seriously i dont take offense to that....then again i've lived in canada my whole life!

and its true if i think something is stupid or what not, i sometimes say its gay (but it doesnt mean im homophobic cause i have soo many friends that are gay)

plus think about it he was young!! anyone that young stuck in training 24/7 would get frustrated! things happen!!!!!!

stupid netizens!!!!!!!....LEAVE 2PM ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"i'm in korea right now on the account of some biznass that i need to take care of righ quick .

i'll be back haha i can sacrifice a few years for a lifetime of happiness"

Netizens are all over this, supposedly the last message on his myspace before he deleted it. They're foaming at the mouth right now after "finding out" that he's "sacrificing" his life to use Korea for money.

Hahaha. I saw that too, and it was pretty surprising cuz that was the first time I saw for myself his ghetto grammar. Anyway, even though it might be deceitful, I see an easy way for him to explain his way out of this:

"sacrifice a few years" = training hard during his trainee days

"lifetime of happiness" = being able to perform for fans

what a liar...

What does being Christian have anything to do with this?

Sigh, some people are being too harsh on him. I mean, yes he did make a mistake, he said things that he shouldn't have. But still, it was FOUR years ago. It's not like he said it after debut, which would be a different story. I'm not gonna ask people to sympathize with him (because unless you're a fan or you care about him, I don't think you would) but give the guy a break. He apologized, and I'm sure he meant it sincerely.

what a liar...

just because he goes to church he can't use foul language?

kay... that's bull. honestly? = =

anyways.

jay apologized, and if you were in that situation, i'm pretty sure you won't be very happy either. he was just venting.

Guest Uyen Duong

Lol, I wasn't surprised either. I'm glad he admitted it himself that he wrote those in the

past and asking to be forgiven. It's understandable.. 'cause I had thoughts like that when I was

younger too, towards my own culture. -_-

He sounds very mature now ^__^ Someone I'd look up to!

I'm not saying this because he's my favourite 2PM member, but I just understand xD!

It's easy to be influenced.

Archived