Korean Netizens Are Not Happy With Jaebeom

Guest Ssaga_G

seriously, no big deal. its just a teenager talking with his buddy...

he was just being a troubled boi...

he said sorry, and hes doing so well rite now,

why dig up the past...

*but i truely learned my lesson... anything that comes out of your mouth, you have to be responsible.*

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest loveme.

I can see why this would be a big deal in Korea. This is their home he's insulting. I don't think it's really a big secret that Korea is big on being patriotic.

But I hope this dies soon, although I'm sure it won't. Antis won't ever let this go.

Like everyone else here, I get how Jaebum must have felt. I hope everyone will see past this. D:

Guest leongfun

"oh psh i'm debuting as a top idol star now, so I might as well go back to my old myspace page and to forums so I can delete every bad thing i've said!".

I doubt jay even remembered that he posted such a thing. It was years ago, seriously.

What he said...wasn't wrong, imo. We all knows what he means by "korea is gay", and it obviously not "korean citizens are all homosexual!" People are taking it out of context, and making it into something huge. He pretty much meant "i'm having a horrible time in korea, this sucks."

he could of used better words, of course. but its so typical to type like that, it doesnt even mean anything anymore. he was an american teenager, that pretty much says it all. x_x

Saying "That's so gay" isn't wrong? So if I say, "Just buy me this! Stop being so Chinese (cheap)", it's not wrong either right?

Guest tokyollvogue

ew im more grossed out by how he talks like a ghetto black girl.

i understand that this is a public forum and one is allowed to say what they feel is necessary...but do you honestly feel that was indeed, necessary. although soompi is a public forum centered around k-pop, soompi is just as much a global one... as someone mentioned earlier your ignorance is a shame to hear.

i am by no means a die hard fan of 2pm and so i don't feel any need to defend or not defend his situation but i do have to say that i can partly relate to his sentiment. i went to an international high school for half a year in korea my junior year of high school and although it was short time span...i had definitely felt numerous instances of being typecast as a ''kyopo'' in a negative sense and the exclusion and isolation i felt sort of seem similar to what he seems to be getting at in his myspace comments. by no means do i think he has done no wrong but i do understand that his words most likely weren't from an internally malicious place...tho. it's not an excuse, i blame his young age and immaturity for much of it.

i also agree with other people in that he should have made the effort to delete his account now that he is in the spotlight.

i suppose we can all say it's an unfortunate situation. a shame, really.

Guest SUPERSTAR

So I'm reading some comments that netizens are writing some say "Go back go USA" or "Go back to Seattle"

Some person on daum who's been going to school in the states for 10 years tried to explain how Americans use the word gay as slang and that it means "stupid" but the netizens aren't taking it well. They don't believe that person and are saying things like "don't try to make us look stupid by trying to make us believe that gay means stupid." The netizens are taking the word 'gay' very literally, some netizens typed it into an online English dictionary and took the English definition from that. They honestly don't believe Americans use that term as slang.

Guest thu_trang

Congratulations, you just made my post stronger with your ignorant post.

You do realize netizens are the Korean term for internet users, right? They're not some organization. The notorious netizens are the equivalent of a troll you see on non-Korean websites.

It was careless of Jay to have not monitored his MySpace page, especially with his celebrity status. In all those 4 years of training, wouldn't there have been lessons on how to handle the media, public, and your image?

seriously u call my post ignorant but what more can i say about someone who dig up some richard simmons from like what ? 4 years ago ? that's stalker right there !

whatever i say ain't gotta change ur mind , so let's just call it a day here ! obviously i love jaebum and his carefree personality so what coming from my mouth will be nothing but defensive words anyways , it's ignorant but hey whatever , my ignorance ain't gonna harm anyone ! bb

Guest michbutt

Being a second generation Korean living in Canada, I can fully understand him.

I think what he wrote was stupid, because anyone could have read it... But it's from 4 years ago, so he was still young and a immature.

I too have a hard time understanding, and getting along with Koreans. I find a lot of them to be rude and racist... So I'm not surprised he wrote that. I'm not supporting what he wrote, but I can understand why he did.

Guest thehazyfiasco

"i'm in korea right now on the account of some biznass that i need to take care of righ quick .

i'll be back haha i can sacrifice a few years for a lifetime of happiness"

Netizens are all over this, supposedly the last message on his myspace before he deleted it. They're foaming at the mouth right now after "finding out" that he's "sacrificing" his life to use Korea for money.

Guest colloquy

So I'm reading some comments that netizens are writing some say "Go back go USA" or "Go back to Seattle"

Some person on daum who's been going to school in the states for 10 years tried to explain how Americans use the word gay as slang and that it means "stupid" but the netizens aren't taking it well. They don't believe that person and are saying things like "don't try to make us look stupid by trying to make us believe that gay means stupid." The netizens are taking the word 'gay' very literally, some netizens typed it into an online English dictionary and took the English definition from that. They honestly don't believe Americans use that term as slang.

Lol. Link them to this: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gay

Guest Lishathestain

lol wait so they won't feel that offended if it means "stupid" ? :lol:

Guest disfunktional.

quick! someone give them the link to urbandictionary! =O

if they don't understand the slang meaning for "gay". do they know what illest, dope, etc stand for? o___o

but either ways, still offensive lol "korea is stupid"

Guest mandapanda

i don't have jay's myspace but he probably has 1000+ comments and he's not gonna go through all the pages and delete them. i don't think you can delete the comments you made on someone's page anyways. just sayin

Guest Ssaga_G

I guess I see where they are coming from. Korea has a lot more "skinship" and guys are more intimate with each other while fan girls fantasize over gay couplings in idol groups... ?

It sucks they don't understand the slang for gay. Such a minor detail but a big problem.

Guest Machitoshi

It was years ago, I would probably feel the same way if I was him.

It sucks that people went through his private stuff & put it out like this.

I mean he was a trainee, he must have been so stressed. If I were Jay,

I'd be even more pissed off that they made me apologize for something I said

4 years ago his thoughts about Korea probably changed already.

& I'm more interested about the Jessica thing anyway haha!

Actually, I don't know if netizens have different translations for this, but I found one that's pretty popular and they translated the term 'gay' into pretty much what the slang meant...or even more generously.

Here's how they translated it.

w201846091.jpg

They just translated the "Korea's so gay" parts into literally in Hangul "Korea's frustrating me/Korea's annoying."

It doesn't even sound as bad as it is in English the way they translated so I don't know...

Korea and netizens not being mad at the word 'gay' in particular...they're mad at the fact that he's talking about Korea as a whole negatively, and the people in general.

Again-- we all know that WE understand him and that you guys hate Koreans too sometimes bc of different things so you know what he means, etc etc. but that's not something Koreans understand/know so...let's just try to look at their perspective.

But he apologized so it should calm down sooner than later...but just clearing up how Koreans are translating this.

PS. Isn't Jessica one of the most common names in the world? XD

credits to the translations: daum

Guest candyapple1111

WHat he wrote was immature but he was a teen at the time. Saying stupid things is part of being a teen. I don't think he was accepted very much when he came here. I mean he's from a america, he couldn't speak the language well and when he tries he just gets belittled. Even now on variety shows when he first started I felt like he's always left out or the host is rude/annoying to point it out.

Archived