Korean Netizens Are Not Happy With Jaebeom

Guest Ssaga_G

Guest CorruptedSilence__nomore

Like I said in AllKpop, he's apologized and I see why but I don't think it was really necessary. If you were in his situation you would probably feel the same way. But hopefully though his apology everyone can chill out. Seriously, his posts were from years ago. People change with years and I'm sure he doesn't feel that way towards South Korea now. If he did, he wouldn't be the leader of 2PM would he? I don't see why people would go through his MySpace comments in the first place just to find a or any small mistake. >_> I really hope this doesn't give Jay or 2PM antis because then I would be really saddened by it. I still don't think exposing this was necessary in the first place seeing that others should be more open-minded about his situation.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chalk-Bandits

I'm really glad and relieved that Jay apologized.

I made me kind of sad reading it. He acknowledges his mistakes and has moved on.

I doubt most Korean netizens will forgive him anytime soon though. :(

I just hope they realize his situation before and can be understanding about it.

I'll always support him. :wub:

oh please , he didn't give a crap because he didn't think that korean netizens r "gay" enough to dig up this old richard simmons up ! but that's not the case now , jaebum has got a taste of how feakin' busy body korean netizens can get

i'm not korean so i dun fully understand what the hell is the big deal about this , but seriously i go around and say my country is gay everyday , but no one take that seriously and just get the hell over it because obviously they know i dun mean to offend anyone but just having a bad day out of all day

from the POV of a foreigner , the place i live , there're tons of korean , i have known them and their personality so well ,. i love korean culture , the music , the food , the country but sorry not the people , i'm sorry to say this but koreans where i live r one of the most ignorant and rude ppl i've seen in my life , they dun mix wif other ppl , they r so self-centered as if they think like they r some kind of effin' god , so i can understand how jaebum might feel when he first came there !

and seriously korean netizens need to stop being such a freakin' hypocrite because they r not so much better than these celebs , they go around cursing , smoking , spitting like crazy ( this is not just from me POV , this is a fact that lots of my friends who have gone to korea told me ) and here they act like the never make any mistakes in life !

so peace as jay always says , if he ever quits , dun worry baby , there r still other non-busy-body ppl who will always drool at ur precious abs !

Congratulations, you just made my post stronger with your ignorant post.

You do realize netizens are the Korean term for internet users, right? They're not some organization. The notorious netizens are the equivalent of a troll you see on non-Korean websites.

^ He probably would have forgotten that he posted it. Honestly when you write things on the internet you usually don't dwell back on what you wrote.

He was probably white-washed back then anyways. I heard he couldn't speak Korean when he first came.

I agree with your second point but really who remembers a comment they posted four years ago and goes back to delete them after you debut?

It was careless of Jay to have not monitored his MySpace page, especially with his celebrity status. In all those 4 years of training, wouldn't there have been lessons on how to handle the media, public, and your image?

Like I said in AllKpop, he's apologized and I see why but I don't think it was really necessary. If you were in his situation you would probably feel the same way. But hopefully though his apology everyone can chill out. Seriously, his posts were from years ago. People change with years and I'm sure he doesn't feel that way towards South Korea now. If he did, he wouldn't be the leader of 2PM would he? I don't see why people would go through his MySpace comments in the first place just to find a or any small mistake. >_> I really hope this doesn't give Jay or 2PM antis because then I would be really saddened by it. I still don't think exposing this was necessary in the first place seeing that others should be more open-minded about his situation.

They're definitely going to gain a lot of antifans from this, but I have a strong feeling that the group is going to survive. I mean, 2PM was probably the most popular boyband in 2009. That's saying a lot for a group that only debuted a year ago. It may take a long time since Koreans are so proud of their country, but I'm sure JYP can deal with the damage control.

Guest leongfun

I feel so bad for Jay

First of all, invasion of privacy. Gosh, people who want to damage his career are digging through his own personal website and looking through his conversations.

Seriously, give him a break? He was a trainee who came to Korea knowing nothing, training day after day hoping to debut. At his age at that time, it would've been really hard. He was living without his parents, couldn't adjust to culture very well. He said in interviews himself. He didn't like the food, he didn't know Korean, he didn't know anybody, etc. He still isn't very good at Korean and his favourite food is still hamburgers. He's American. He was there for 17 years and he's only been in Korea for 4 years. He's trying hard to adapt.

How he said it, sure it's immature, everything is in slang...whatever. Isn't that how most teens type nowadays? It's part of him..so what? About his actual comment? I'm Korean, currently in Canada. I'm a Canadian citizen but if anybody asked me about my country I'd say Korean without hesitance. I have pride in being Korean. However, I was not offended by his comment. There are times when I hate Koreans and the culture itself. It's quite ridiculous at times. So if someone like me thinks like this, think about Jay who didn't know anything about the culture and lived with a language barrier for 4 years, training everyday and living off a thread of hope in Korea. Also, in Korea, if you're Korean but you don't know Korean very well or if you speak English, you're treated very coldly. If you speak English they think you're showing off. If you don't know Korean, they just ignore you. I was in Korea a couple years ago and I was treated this way. Imagine living there and having to deal with that.

He was young and ranting to his friends. So what? What is the big deal? This shouldn't even be made into a big deal. I feel really bad for him. What a great thing to deal with after 2PM's anniversary -_- ;;;;

That's my rant.

Invasion of privacy? MySpace is public, unless he set it to private. If he knew he was going to debut, he should have not said those things. I'm pretty sure this happened before to another trainee, Jessica, and talked crap about BoA on MySpace.

I don't care that he uses the word 'gay' as stupid, so I'm gonna let it slide. It doesn't make it right though.

And the reason why this is a big issue (well, atleast in Korea) is because I know people in Korea take the 'gay' stuff seriously/most of them are homophobic. I know some Koreans in Canada/America are homophobic, but they're alot less homophobic compared to the ones in Korea. I know my Korean friend from Korea said that if he was gay he would want to kill himself/suicide.

I'm so glad he apologized but I really don't think it will blow over soon. I hope it doesn't do too much damage to Jay & 2PM though. but anyways I love Jay and honestly I really don't think it's that big of a deal although it's understandable I guess that Koreans would get worked up over it. I hope he's not having too rough of a time dealing with this right now. it makes me kinda sad.

Guest _escape.reality*

i'm really glad jaebum apologized. hopefully everything is solved.

it made me sad reading about his situation 4 years ago . i can

understand why he said what he said.

ew im more grossed out by how he talks like a ghetto black girl.

Oh my goodness

this is one of the most ignorant things I read on soompi :angry:

I feel so bad for Jay

First of all, invasion of privacy. Gosh, people who want to damage his career are digging through his own personal website and looking through his conversations.

invasion of privacy???

he posted it pubicly

this could of been ps'd but even so I'm not that shocked since a lot of guys I know talk that way but

really its isn't ok for him to be saying stuff like that. Even though he grew up in america there is still

no excuse (because not everyone talks that way). But you can't expect Jaebum to be a heavenly angel

remember he's human too.

Guest hellohellomr.monkey

wow i feel soooo bad for jaebeom. because of this incident, he had to close his myspace-- a place where he could easily talk to his friends in america. now he cant be as close with them :'(

ok im not saying that myspace is the ONLY place where he can talk to his friends, but still. it might be harder for him to keep in touch with them

and ANYWAYS. it was ONLY 4 YEARS AGO. netizens need to chillax

Guest TOPforever

woww, netizens. seriously?

if you were training 24/7 in some foreign place you would probably say the same thing he said.

moove on guys :)

dude i wanted to see his myspace T_T

Guest janiiekiim

these are dated 2005 and 2007.

which means he was 18-20. THAT'S A LONG TIME AGO when he first moved to korea.

get over it. i had a culture shock too when i got there.

dude i wanted to see his myspace T_T

Don't worry, you're not missing much. I saw it before. He doesn't post much, he just writes comments on his friends' pages. And he really does write like that, it's really hard to understand. I think the only thing he "posted" on his page after his debut was a few pictures.

I actually LMAFO when i read this

especially this part "..but everyone thinks i'm like the illest rapper wen i suck at rappin... so dass pretty dope"

well that was 4 years ago im sure his changed his mind and he loves their now

In America, most teenagers used the word gay as a substitute for stupid/dumb not necessarily for homosexuals. Considering the circumstances he was in, I understand why he would make such comment. I don't think he meant Korea is gay like he wrote. Like he wrote, he had difficulties adjusting to the culture, environment, etc and feel homesick. Although I don't think it's right to say Korea is gay, he didn't do so intentionally. Jaebum already apologized so I hope netizens will be understanding enough to not support him as a singer just because of that comment.

Guest ningmeng

i havent finish reading the commnets here but i would really like to know how would you guys react if it a SNSD (or any female idol) member who's involved in this?

edit: since he apologised, i'm all good. but he needs to deal with the korean netizens.

Guest inyeon.

If he really regretted those comments, he would have deleted them A LONG time ago. These comments were found recently, so he obviously didn't give a crap

"oh psh i'm debuting as a top idol star now, so I might as well go back to my old myspace page and to forums so I can delete every bad thing i've said!".

I doubt jay even remembered that he posted such a thing. It was years ago, seriously.

What he said...wasn't wrong, imo. We all knows what he means by "korea is gay", and it obviously not "korean citizens are all homosexual!" People are taking it out of context, and making it into something huge. He pretty much meant "i'm having a horrible time in korea, this sucks."

he could of used better words, of course. but its so typical to type like that, it doesnt even mean anything anymore. he was an american teenager, that pretty much says it all. x_x

Guest leongfun

I actually LMAFO when i read this

especially this part "..but everyone thinks i'm like the illest rapper wen i suck at rappin... so dass pretty dope"

well that was 4 years ago im sure his changed his mind and he loves their now

Yes, I'm sure he changed his mind and loves Korea now, but that's not the only reason. The other reason is the way he chose his words.

Archived