Korean Netizens Are Not Happy With Jaebeom

Guest Ssaga_G

honestly, he sounds like a normal american who is pissed off at his situation and is completely stressed out. all the americans or overseas people can agree that it's such normal behavior. maybe netizens should learn english slang.

i hate the way he types but it is real. he typed his entire myspace about me like that.

the whole thing has been so stupid. he uses his myspace to keep in touch with his american friends and he wasn't even suppose to have one. thanks again to these stupid idiotic korean netizens, he had to delete his myspace.

no offense but netizens are so anal about EVERYTHING. it gets blown out of proportions.

some "fans" he has in korea who supposedly love 2PM for their beastly personality and honesty. maybe they should be a bit more understanding about where jay was coming from. he was raised in america. he, himself has said he had a difficult time adjusting to living in korea and that he wanted to leave in the beginning.

edit:

all those people who say they would never use such terms so causally have got to be kidding me. you can be so righteous but just about 75% of americans teenagers have used such terms. it's slang. he was 18 and barely out of high school. plus (no offense), he rapped and hung out with bboys and listened to american hip hop and rap music, how did you really expect him to talk? he was never on his own before. come on, going through the whole training process obviously led him to mature a bit. if you have trouble with him cursing then why wasn't there an issue when he cursed when he was walking in rain during WB ep 1. to get to the car?

face it, netizens are bored lately. there's nothing big happening. they have to pick something to talk about it. and they had to choose jay because 2PM has been getting popular.

i have a feeling if khun's myspace was public, there would be similar posts with curses and everything.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Beat Of Angel(BOA)

WoW that was clever of him to write those comments (NOT)

well i would be richard simmons if someone say that about my country.

I can see why koreans are angry and richard simmons.

I mean even if it was 4 years ago he should not wrote that and he was also a trainee and he will be a singer.

He needs to think before he write or speak.

thats just my point of view and im kind of a 2PM fan and never thought jae is like this.

Guest superjenny

um honestly.. it was from 4 years ago.

it was when he first went to korea, when he first started his life as a trainee and what not.

i checked out his myspace a long time ago and it seemed like he had a lot of friends back at home and for the most part enjoyed it there. he was probably overwhelmed by all the stress, missed his home and friends.

he shouldn't have said those things but whatever.

i'm sure his feelings/thoughts have changed, or atleast i hope they did.

the netizens aren't going to let him get away with this one.. :(

If he really regretted those comments, he would have deleted them A LONG time ago. These comments were found recently, so he obviously didn't give a crap.

Everyone who goes "First of all, I'm Korean and I understand him," needs to stop. No you're not a Korean citizen, you're probably Korean by blood, raised outside of the country. You and all the other non-Koreans don't understand why Taeyeon's comment about black people was ignored while the Koreans don't understand why Jay would attack Korea. In their eyes, Jay betrayed his homeland, some may even consider him a foreigner attacking their country.

Guest Ssaga_G

because jaebum is a guy & jessica's a girl. sad, isn't it?

however, soompi is the only site where i've seen people defend jaebum.

in all the korean sites i've visited, even his fans aren't defending him.

That's cause most Koreans don't realize that's how most American teens are like.

I'm not going to lie here. Most of the Korean FOBS at my school go around smoking cigarettes and yelling "shibal" everywhere they go. And I doubt most of the Korean teens in Korea don't talk crud about America either. I'm Korean by the way.

Honestly that was stupid and very ignorant of him to say those things and I really do want him to address this and apologize. (I doubt it would fix much but it would help to get some words out of him about this.)

The Korean netizens and fans do have a reason to be mad about this though. So don't call them retarded. They just don't understand that American culture is quite different from Korean culture.

I'm not making excuses. I'm thinking rationally. I can see both sides of the argument. And since I'm very Americanized I just happen to understand his side more.

If he really regretted those comments, he would have deleted them A LONG time ago. These comments were found recently, so he obviously didn't give a crap.

Everyone who goes "First of all, I'm Korean and I understand him," needs to stop. No, you're probably Korean by blood, but raised outside of the country. You and all the other non-Koreans don't understand why Taeyeon's comment about black people was forgiven while the Koreans don't understand why Jay would attack Korea. In their eyes, Jay is a foreigner hating on their precious nation.

you do have a point there.

I think at the time Jaebom was probably had a hard time in Korea when he was a trainee and I guess it was just his way of expressing his frustration. Beside he's an American and it's normal for American guy to talk like that.

I highly doubt this is him, lol. Someone must be trying to make him hated.

I'm not a fan of 2PM, but I don't hate them. It's just you need to consider, lol. If this is the Jessica he's talking about, she hasn't even debuted. This is fake.

Guest wildbunnies

wow im really shocked..from the way he talks and what he said...i saw him as this rly passionate leader but he just sounds like a big jerk on those comments..wao hope jyp clears it up

Everyone who goes "First of all, I'm Korean and I understand him," needs to stop. No, you're probably Korean by blood, but raised outside of the country. You and all the other non-Koreans don't understand why Taeyeon's comment about black people was forgiven while the Koreans don't understand why Jay would attack Korea. In their eyes, Jay is a foreigner hating on their precious nation.

qft, stop saying "im korean so _____" it doesn't give you any more credibility.

Guest Lishathestain

Everyone who goes "First of all, I'm Korean and I understand him," needs to stop. No you're not a Korean citizen, you're probably Korean by blood, raised outside of the country. You and all the other non-Koreans don't understand why Taeyeon's comment about black people was ignored while the Koreans don't understand why Jay would attack Korea. In their eyes, Jay is a foreigner hating on their precious nation.

THIS.

anyway i heard JYP has already released an apology.

Guest coldfire-x

^ He probably would have forgotten that he posted it. Honestly when you write things on the internet you usually don't dwell back on what you wrote.

He was probably white-washed back then anyways. I heard he couldn't speak Korean when he first came.

dies.

he sure has a way with words.

sorry to say, but he doesn't seem much more eloquent now than before...

hm, ok so after reading a couple comments before me, i would like to point out that it's quite ignorant of some of you to defend him by saying that "most american teens talk that way".

seriously, i don't know what kind of friends you have or what kind of kids you see, but to make all american teens out to be ignorant fools is just as wrong (lack of better word) as calling him out.

Guest byebye_cycle

jay is american. of course he would talk like that!!!! the u.s. and korea are completely different i'm sure he must have experienced some kind of culture shock....and besides he was just a kid i'm sure he feels embarrassed about what he said cuz i'm embarrassed for him...check it out yo'''''.....lol i'd be embarrassed if i was caught with that spelling!

XP

Guest `superpower

Everyone who goes "First of all, I'm Korean and I understand him," needs to stop. No you're not a Korean citizen, you're probably Korean by blood, raised outside of the country. You and all the other non-Koreans don't understand why Taeyeon's comment about black people was forgiven while the Koreans don't understand why Jay would attack Korea. In their eyes, Jay is a foreigner hating on their precious nation.

I agree with your second point but really who remembers a comment they posted four years ago and goes back to delete them after you debut?

Anyways, that was rude and immature of him, i'd be offended too if i was korean.

Guest superjihyeee!

I guess if this was a girl celebrity there'd be a lot more drama and "OH NO SHE DIDN'T!!" going on but... idk guys are pretty freaking immature until they hit their 20s lools~ and this was back in 2009 when Jay was in a new country @_@

w/e. I'm not saying what he said was okay, but my brother talks like that, too.

And my brother's not a bad person, so.. i'm just going to carry that over and apply it to Jay.

can't judge someone based on 4 myspace comments. hahaah.

Guest 2pmlove

let's just wait jyp's replies about this...

netizens are just jealous!

i dunno why netizens wanna make a big deal out of comments that are like 4 or 5 years ago!

i bet jyp is scolding jay very fiercely now!

Archived