Korean Netizens Are Not Happy With Jaebeom

Guest Ssaga_G

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest linhxsoxlovable

his fans actually said that o_O his international or Korean fans?

because excuse me but Koreans have any rights to be offended by his comment.

this time i actually think they're getting angry cuz of the right reason lol.

Korean fans.

the majority of his American fans are defending him while Korean "fans" or "ex-fans" are doing otherwise.

Guest inyeon.

honestly its really not that bad =/

I'm sure we all had these ignorant thoughts once in our life. Plus, he was totally americanized, i'm sure he just hated being away from home.

at least he actually learned korean, and trained. that at least says SOMETHING.

Guest Steph1430262970

everyone just needs to calm down -_-

just let it go friggg .. can any of you tell me you're perfect? stop saying mini cooper about jay.

Guest teenace

Wow,I don't think he can get out of this one.

JYP usually responds fast but not now......

I don't think its a big deal but it is in Korea.

Guest alainachen_604

LOL Im reading Korean message boards and they are all up on his bum.

tsk tsk, definitely reminds me of the Jessica H.o situation

Guest soompi00

First of all, I'm kor-am.

This situation is being blown way out of proportion in Korea because 1. they don't realize J was just blowing off steam cause he was stressed out; netizens believe that he really does hate Korea(ns). and 2. KOREANS JUST DO NOT KNOW HOW TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES. I know this because I read the korean news daily along with the netizen comments and once one person makes a statement, everyone else brainwashes themselves to believe that one thing. That's why propaganda works so well in Korean politics. Its just messed up. I asked my parents about this and they say its because korea is such a small, crowded nation. 3. Koreans are overly patriotic.

Things like this...I mean, I like being korean and I love my fellow korean friends..but I wouldnt want to live in Korea.

Lmao, he sounds like any other American teenaged boy. It's hard not to speak like the people around you. That's the way boys talk these days. Most comments they make sound rude. Lol. The comments he made are in the past, I'm sure he has a different perspective of Korea now. He shouldn't be criticized for something he did in the past, but rather on his performance today.

I find it pathetic that netizens go this far to dig up information on idols. What's the point in digging up past events? You find information, release it on the internet, people begin to be suspicious, and it blows over after an apology. People change.

Guest lia_lee

honestly. this is SO dumb.

he closed down his myspace??

i'm sorry... korean netizens are freaking WACK.

wthell...

he wrote that in 2005 and 2007....

coming from his point of view.. someone who came from the states and had to get used to a whole new environment and people.. i could understand why he would write that and stuff....

but it's 2009... seriously.. it's not like he still has the same opinion about korea(ns) now...

why the hell would they bring that up NOW... after so many years... it's just ridiculous and dumb.

his fans actually said that o_O his international or Korean fans?

because excuse me but Koreans have any rights to be offended by his comment.

this time i actually think they're getting angry cuz of the right reason lol.

Im talking about American fans.

Just go to allkpop and you will see an an array of insane fangirls dissing netizens like there's no tomorrow.

(Just look at the comment above me)

Korean fans.

the majority of his American fans are defending him while Korean "fans" or "ex-fans" are doing otherwise.

hold up, im confused...I don't get your post but I was talking about American fans.

I was also wondering by "gay" did he mean gay as in homosexual or stupid?

And was he really 18 when he said all of this?

Guest _escape.reality*

88 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 23 Anonymous Users)
:lol:

anyways, i dont find it a big deal, this was in 2005 , and its 2009 right now. people's opinion on things change. i love korea and all , but there are some stuff i dont like about koreaa. watch the myspace doesnt even belong to him but an anti who's trying to put him down -_-

First of, I'm a Korean and I'm not a fangirl of Jaebeom.

But I do think his comments aren't that big of a deal.

He came from America after living there his whole life there, I can see why he might call Korea "gay"...Korean boys tend to touch each other alot and its not considered to be unmanly in Korea whereas in the US the same action might be considered something bordering on homosexual. Watch somelike...X-man and you'll probably understand.

I say just blow it off...cause seriously what's the point of agruing something that happened like 4 years ago? I doubt Jaebeom would have even debuted and stayed in Korea if he had hated so much even now.

Guest iluvyooh

Dang, leave an idols's personal life alone.

Anywas, It was dduring his trainie days,

And those comments was to a friend or family.

Learn the american teen lingo and you would not be

Tripping out about simple comments, Netizens!!

I would miss home too if I was an ocean away and training

Every single day not knowing when i'm going to debut.

Edit:

Jay already made an apology.

Its on 2oneday.com/forum

Must be a member to view it.

Guest ohitsning

This was years ago, and I'm pretty sure Jay didn't think that years later after he debuted, people would actually go and dig this up but I can totally see why the Koreans in Korea would get mad. He made a mistake, he knows it and hopefully he learned his lesson.

Guest JenJenn

I wonder what exactly korean netizens are saying about this ,

anyone got screenshots / translations from what they are saying?

im curious >_>

Maybe his point of view of korea has changed over the past few years ..

but i think the koreans have a right to get mad over this. he still insulted korea,

i still love 2PM though <3

Guest splendidlure

haha. From his language and choice of words, he sounds like a wanksta cussing and etc. Lmao.

Overall, even though he was young and ignorant to say such things, he should still make a public apology and explanation to calm down the netizens.

Guest eumsung

maybe because the korean netizens can't understand the context and the connotations behind those words due to lack of full english understanding. he would have felt so lonely and stuff living in korea and feeling outcasted because he wasn't good at korean, of course he'd say something like that do his friend on myspace, saying he wants to go home... get over it neitzens!

Guest UnitedNations

i'm not surprised that the netizens are so angry. i think they have a right to be mad for now but i hope they give him a chance to explain. netizens can be so unforgiving.

immaturity is not a crime and idol's aren't perfect.

a lot of the people who seemed outraged are saying 'oh my god, i would never be that rude. i would never use the word 'gay' as a slur."

chances are, yeah you were just as immature at that age. i know that i was. i never used the words 'gay' or 'retarded' but does that give me any right to judge him so harshly?

honestly, he sounds like a normal american who is pissed off at his situation and is completely stressed out. all the americans or overseas people can agree that it's such normal behavior. maybe netizens should learn english slang.

i hate the way he types but it is real. he typed his entire myspace about me like that.

the whole thing has been so stupid. he uses his myspace to keep in touch with his american friends and he wasn't even suppose to have one. thanks again to these stupid idiotic korean netizens, he had to delete his myspace.

no offense but netizens are so anal about EVERYTHING. it gets blown out of proportions.

some "fans" he has in korea who supposedly love 2PM for their beastly personality and honesty. maybe they should be a bit more understanding about where jay was coming from. he was raised in america. he, himself has said he had a difficult time adjusting to living in korea and that he wanted to leave in the beginning.

edit:

all those people who say they would never use such terms so causally have got to be kidding me. you can be so righteous but just about 75% of americans teenagers have used such terms. it's slang. he was 18 and barely out of high school. plus (no offense), he rapped and hung out with bboys and listened to american hip hop and rap music, how did you really expect him to talk? he was never on his own before. come on, going through the whole training process obviously led him to mature a bit. if you have trouble with him cursing then why wasn't there an issue when he cursed when he was walking in rain during WB ep 1. to get to the car?

face it, netizens are bored lately. there's nothing big happening. they have to pick something to talk about it. and they had to choose jay because 2PM has been getting popular.

i have a feeling if khun's myspace was public, there would be similar posts with curses and everything.

Archived