Korean Netizens Are Not Happy With Jaebeom

Guest Ssaga_G

lol i think he meant he hates korea because he has no personal life and all he does is practice

and i think he meant koreans are gay because he might have had some bad experiences in korea i guess

point is, we all talk like that on facebook and the kid was like 18 when he wrote that so let's cut the dancer some slack

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not really surprised. He's American born... unnecessary teenage angst! and not to mention it was at a time in his life where there was nothing but uncertainty and disappointment. Not only did he have a language barrier to overcome but he also didn't know when he was going to debut. Senseless words... This reminds me of the Tiffany/Jessica Ho thing back in the day~

I hope Jae can live this down :x

ignorance.jpg

Honestly

that is ridiculous and foolish, ignorance is taught it's not like it's in the american air

him being born in america has nothing do with it.

Not surprised at the excuses provided for his alleged foolishness.

Guest Steph1430262970

as a korean myself, i feel SOOO annoyed and ashamed of netizens in korea. seriously, they need to get their asses off the internet and find something better to do than judge and assume things about celebrities. they kinda live a really sad life if you think about it.

this shows how hard trainee life is, especially for jay who was practically a white kid coming to a completely new atmosphere in korea ... jype should be able to cover this up well, and come on .. its from 3 years ago ! this kinda stuff PISSES ME OFFFF D:<

and also ^, they're not excuses. they're perfectly legit reasons why he would have said such things. people slip up, its in our nature.

Are you kidding me?

Something from 4 years ago? ._. Seriously? Are netizens like hired to find these things or is just natural instincts to go dig these kind of things up once they touch the computer -_-

Jae was probably under all the stress from training and not knowing much korean.

Hec.k, I would probably miss home and get so stressed I would say those things too.

I'm sure his feelings has change.

Guest colloquy

Probably not, if this is the truth

it will get swept under the rug just like Suengri's comments about black people got swept under the rug, just like G-dragon

's plagiarism is getting ignored....

cuz...you know...fangirls gotta STAND BY THEIR MAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

Meh, I'm not sure - Korea isn't that hard on racism against African-Americans, and well, Big Bang gets a pass at everything if you ask me.

I read the last one, I guess he must like guys, because he says "Thanks bro, you told me you always checked me out and called me a hottie" (Translation from atrocious spelling.) LOL.

I'm also amused people STILL think it's okay to replace "stupid" with "gay" because everyone does it. Okay. And, since it is true... I still do think it's kinda rude. I got a culture shock when I got to Japan, but I wasn't that immature about it... and I was 8.

Guest doremii*

the way he types.. lmao His comments are ignorant, but it's from his myspace from 4 years ago. I don't think people should take it too seriously..

anyways, this is like the Jessica H.O. thing.. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually. He'll probably gain a ton of antis with these comments though =T

Guest Lishathestain

Did he recently just delete his myspace? I saw a recent episode of Wild Bunny and he was on myspace showing his Bboy friends.

yeah after he found out about the netizens' comments i think he deleted it.

Guest fallen*angel

And no, this isn't photoshopped. I remember stalking his myspace and seeing these.

.____. really? wow how did people retrieve these lol

Meh, I'm not sure - Korea isn't that hard on racism against African-Americans, and well, Big Bang gets a pass at everything if you ask me.

I read the last one, I guess he must like guys, because he says "Thanks bro, you told me you always checked me out and called me a hottie" (Translation from atrocious spelling.) LOL.

'm also amused people STILL think it's okay to replace "stupid" with "gay" because everyone does it. Okay. And, actually, if this is true... it's still rude. I got a culture shock when I got to Japan, but I wasn't that immature about it... and I was 8.

Dood

I am so sick of "He's a trainee, this is old, blah blah"

if this is true I hope he learned his lesson, I won't accuse him because there is a possibility it's fake,

but people must stop it with the excuses for ignorance.

I don't think people are going to lash at him because...he's a male idol

all he has to do is flash his chest and do a half richard simmons bboy move then blow a kiss and everyone will forget this.

Guest UnitedNations

i'm sure that when he posted that on myspace four years ago, he never thought that someone would have the energy to dig and find it.

but i can understand how he feels. korea is awesome to visit but after a few weeks, i want to get the hell out of there too. and unlike him, i was drinking and shopping and having fun, not training my richard simmons off every day for a debut that may or may not happen. so i get where he's coming from. it's hard to be so young and working in a foreign country without your parents and where everyone speaks a language that you don't understand.

unfortunately, if he really posted those comments, he's going to have to own up to it and beg forgiveness. Like really beg because native koreans probably don't see it from that angle.

it was stupid of him and poor choice of words on his part but just because you use the word 'gay' doesn't makes you a bad person. It just means that you're immature which he was four years ago.

i like to give people the benefit of the doubt and think that they can change. i'd like to think that he's grown since the posted comments.

Guest Chalk-Bandits

The news is seriously on every single Korean websites. :mellow:

He's definitely getting major richard simmons throwing at him right now.

It was definitely rude and offensive, but I hope netizens will understand that he was just really young and immature at the time.

Guest pinkylily.

well you can't really blame him

one, he was an american-korean

secondly, he never really had any korean influence even though he is korean

and plus it was years ago and how do we know it's legite? o___o

not saying it's not, but anyone can just photoshop it.

and props to whoever went through all of that and found that though --

one crazy obsessive person o___o.

I have so much to say about Jaebom's comments.

But I just cannot BELIEVE how many people are defending him.

I am also in SHOCK that his fans are saying comments like:

"NETIZENS NEED TO GET A FREAKING LIFE"

"DO NETIZENS HAVE ANY BRAIN CELLS??!!!"

"NETIZENS NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!!"

That right there is an insult towards Koreans just because they felt OFFENDED. Why on earth are they bashing the netizens? ITS FREAKING Natural to feel OFFENDED after hearing those type of comments about their own country. NEWS FLASH, they are not like America so they have different points of view. Seriously, americanized fan-girls need to calm the john tesh down.

That was years ago and probably when he was going through a hard time as a trainee. I'm hope he's matured over the years as well as humbled himself, but best of luck to him and this whole situation. I'll support him all the way. On a side note, I hope he still doesn't type like that.

Guest silent.

2005 and 2007.

seriously?

people are making a big deal out of nothing.

the boy missed his way of life; his family and friends.

wtf is so wrong with that?!

i bet you anything, that TONS of kpop idols swear when they're off cam/set.

this was on his personal account, not to mention before he debuted.

SCREW YOU NETIZENS.

Guest yienyienyien

The way he types is.. O_O

Honestly this is really bad. The koreans aren't going to let this pass easily. I wonder how JYP is gonna clean up this mess.

Guest linhxsoxlovable

That right there is an insult towards Koreans just because they felt OFFENDED. Why on earth are they bashing the netizens? ITS FREAKING Natural to feel OFFENDED after hearing those type of comments about their own country. NEWS FLASH, they are not like America so they have different points of view. Seriously, americanized fan-girls need to calm the john tesh down.

pish posh

you need to chill. stop over-exaggerating

that was years ago, ppl seriously have to stop bringing up the past. all this commotion will die down soon. haha everyone's getting worked up over something that'll soon be forgotten about the minute Mr.Sexy Jaebum flashes his drool worthy abs...like no joke. hahaha

Guest SUPERSTAR

Okay for the Korean netizens to blow this out of proportion is ridiculous. Especially to take something that was from 4 YEARS AGO. Okay 2005 is when he was scouted and first went to Korea. We all know that he had a difficult time when he first went to Korea. He was just expressing his difficulties at that time. He was still in the midst of adjusting and getting used to a culture he wasn't familiar with. It's not like he said those things with a great passion of serious hatred, it was just in passing. Heck, if I suddenly moved to Korea and had such a hard time adjusting I would've said the exact same things. Korean netizens are full of it. And yes, I am 2PM biased but either way Jay had a right to say what he did and I think it's just fine.

And this means someone went through all his friends myspaces to find this right? He obviously was writing this on a friends page, so whoever did this could actually be someone he knows personally that would also be friends with the person whoevers page he wrote this on because a lot of people have their pages on private. Wow, he better know who he can trust now. And that is his real page because I found it a long time ago and he was friends with his brother, his friends he always mentions, and min wrote on his page a few times.

seriously, what'd you expect him to be like? funny how people are always shocked with how celebrities really are, like they expected them all to have amazing personalities or something.

and why's everyone saying 4 years ago 4 years ago 4 years ago? when he wrote this he was like what, 18? that's my age.

Guest Lishathestain

his fans actually said that o_O his international or Korean fans?

because excuse me but Koreans have any rights to be offended by his comment.

this time i actually think they're getting angry cuz of the right reason lol.

Archived