New Song {Journey} originally Angela Zhang

Guest wenwen

it's really hard..... ~__~~
Hey guys, it's been too long since i last recorded a song. The mic quality is still being compromised even though i bought that f/m adaptor *boohoooo* I give up on studio quality... This song man........ sooooooo hard.......... so i couldn't be bothered and did it in one go. It's very lullabyish and very easy listening. I dind't think it was this hard to sing til i had to sing!!!!!!!!!!!!! cos the rhythm is all flexed and the background music doesn't cover up any flaws in the singing.. boo hoooo!~~~~~ neways, leave some comments of encouragement. Wendy http://www.soundclick.com/wenwen

Guest hmaster

you just need to learn the nuances of pro studioness. but what you have isn't bad.

I hear the noise in the background...the high pitched whine. you could have at least gotten rid of that.

but holy crap this is good. what skill you possess.

I heard the clip in "many days i've spent." You wanted to know what the point of all the filters was? getting rid of the bad stuff and accentuating the good.

And this ladies and gentlemen, is the behringer XM8500.

man u know how to get rid of dat high whine??? i dunno!!! lol

i have to ask Sou how she did all these high notes with such clarity~~!!!!!!!!!!! BoooHoooo

alright i'm gonna go remove some noise from this song....

Noise reduction?

I love your voice! I heard your "Once Upon a December" cover and it's awesome. I have nothing else to say ^^ I like your singing.

i don't know~~ ;o; I yell at my mic and it just does what I tell it to. ;o;!!! like, seriously. I just yell my songs at my mic and it just takes it like a big wuss. >>;;

You sound really really good. ;o; *listening still to hear high notes* I hear where your clipping. I don't know-- i think it might be a pitch frequency. I mic picks up frequencies, obviously, and sometimes, the frequency on notes that are high and shrill are EXTREMELY LARGE, wheras if you were to hit the same note with a lower vocal... uh... oomph, for lack of technical terminology, it might pick it up.

...Or if you're running windows, turn off your mic boost and just amplify the crap out of it when it comes time to mix. xDDD You sound awesome though!! So pretty and beautiful. ;o; Keep posting, ne~ This is the first time I've listened to you, but you sound soooo good. ^^

lol bahhhhhhh i managed to get the backgound hiss out of the way but i don't know how to tame the high whine. i guess we'll have to cover our ears when that part comes .........

btw wots this clip thing hmaster and sou was talking about?

Clipping is when you amplify your recording and it sounds a bit muffled. So it's not as clear as it could be. I usually normalize if it's too soft or increase the volume of my mic. Correct me if i'm wrong.

oh actually HAHAAH there were only 1 or 2 places where i amplified stuff and hmaster got his guess wrong HAHAHAHA......... mm......... i tried getting rid of mic boost on windows but when i ampified it like 30dB finally it sounded even more static than if i had it on so yea.... I dunno, it might also be the adapter cos squishing signals into the computer isn't a smooth sailing thing.

Guest sikkony

Clipping is when you amplify your recording and it sounds a bit muffled. So it's not as clear as it could be. I usually normalize if it's too soft or increase the volume of my mic. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Clipping is actually when the signal becomes limited due to it peaking over the maximum allowed value. What I mean is, you know when you're using one of those sound recording programs, and you start recording, you'll probably see a frequency spectrum yes? Well if you sing or do something in huge volumes to make the sound spectrum become so large, it hits the top and/or bottom, then that's a clip. So what you would get is distortion.

nice singing, nice song... nice... You have a great voice. I didn't care about the clipping though, it didn't bother me.

edit:

mmmm... I liked "Don't know know why" too.

edit again: that was weird... "Don't know why"

Guest conversebunny

oh I love this song! I saw the drama, and I really liked it. I was going to sing it too...XD but I like your voice for this song a lot better. you sound clear and beautiful!

questions: did you purposely change the notes on "when pride builds me up 'til I can't see my soul"? in any case, I liked the way you sang it, the variation is cool!! :D

and also, you may want to check the lyrics because I think the words are "and I don't know if I can believe" instead of "I don't know if I can just believe." :)

This song man........ sooooooo hard.......... so i couldn't be bothered and did it in one go.

lol you did an amazing job! I don't think I could have sang this song in one time this well. you hit the high notes wonderfully! :D

yea lol i changed the lyrics cos i came in the song too early and there was a gap in the music so i had to put in an extra word lol it was pretty random

but yea i also changed high bit cos my mic was just goin crazy when i tried to hit the notes so i improed dat bit too :rolleyes:

yup. i didn't know how hard this song was until i sang it too. lol

i didn't know there was an instrumental! i wanna resing this. :P

hmm.. you didnt hit that crazy high note. ><; i'm disappointed about that wendy, you should've attempted at least. you have such a beautiful voice. if you worked a bit more on your vibratto and steadiness. the clip would hit perfection. girl, you got a lotta' potential. keep it up sistah ~~ HEHEHE :D

ADD OIL!

Guest animagelet

wowwwwww O.O Your voice is so beautiful!! There's something really pretty about the way you end each sentenceee. <333 I'm gonna listen to your other songs noww. woohooo

oh wow.. you have a beautiful voice. and your high's really good. i've tried to sing this song sooooooooooooo many times. i get the beginning down pretty good though. lol. i was wondering where did you get the instrumental?? i'd like to perform this song somtime.. maybe not on soompi but.. yeah........ btw, i like your ending.. unique.. :D

also, Blessed the Broken Road.. it's a really good song.. one of my favorites. good job on it, though at times you were kinda off. especially in the chorus.

Guest flycmagurl

wow, nice! I sang this song for my church :) hehe..When I practiced, I practiced fine and could hit all the notes, but when I preformed, haha, i breathed in at the wrong moment and sang higher at the wrong time so I cracked when I hit the highest note...lolx.

but nice :) You should sing "Dear Friend" by...ionno who sings it, but I think it'll fit your voice beautifully :)

Guest Justalilodreamer

this was one of my favorite songs ^^...yea its really hard to sing

u have a great voice ^^

gosh...so many talented people on soompi these days -_-

Archived