So What Would You Say To A Person You Haven't Contacted In Six Years?

Guest I_play_with_dolls

Guest I_play_with_dolls

I found my half sister and I was like OH LOOK!!
So just now I googled my half sister's name I haven't seen for about six years out of boredom, a facebook account popped up first and then bam! It was my sister's account.

I showed my dad and he was so excited, so he wants me to message her, but I'm thinking:

What do I say? If she wanted to talk to us she would've contacted us first

So if you had a sibling or just someone in general you've lost contact with for years, what would you say?

Guest felinius

"Hello. :)"

You have to just go out and say Hi. I hadn't contacted my half brother for years since we moved and I found him on MySpace. I just started to talk with him and things warm up.

Sometimes people just don't know your full name to look you up or they are busy in their own lives. It doesn't mean that she's not totally interested.

Guest moot11

"hey, I'm sorry we lost touch for so many years. I would love to hear what you've been up to, and to get to know you again."

Was that so hard? :P

Guest greeenkiwi

If she wanted to talk to us she would've contacted us first

Well then how come you guys didn't contact her first? Because you've recently found her or maybe she's thinking the same as you.. that maybe you guys don't want to hear from her?

Just ask her the basics. ''Hello. How are you? I know we haven't spoken in over 6 years but I've really missed you and want to keep in touch with you. I have just stumbled across your facebook. So what have you been doing? Where do you live? etc. My dad is also excited that we have found your facebook. blahblahblah." (:

Guest I_play_with_dolls

Well then how come you guys didn't contact her first? Because you've recently found her or maybe she's thinking the same as you.. that maybe you guys don't want to hear from her?

Just ask her the basics. ''Hello. How are you? I know we haven't spoken in over 6 years but I've really missed you and want to keep in touch with you. I have just stumbled across your facebook. So what have you been doing? Where do you live? etc. My dad is also excited that we have found your facebook. blahblahblah." (:

she's had our email for years, in 2007 she emailed us saying she would graduate and happily, we emailed back but never recieved a reply since then. We've emailed her like fifty times over the six years and never got a reply, except for her going to graduate.

I'm thinking this is because there's a 50% chance she may be bitter towards my family since she was actually adopted since my father had her when he was young and couldn't take care of her.

Guest moot11

she's had our email for years, in 2007 she emailed us saying she would graduate and happily, we emailed back but never recieved a reply since then. We've emailed her like fifty times over the six years and never got a reply, except for her going to graduate.

I'm thinking this is because there's a 50% chance she may be bitter towards my family since she was actually adopted since my father had her when he was young and couldn't take care of her.

Well I guess that changes things a bit. Just add her on FB, and leave her a short message without giving her any pressure. It seems like she doesn't want to reconnect in the past, but people grow up and change. FB may be a perfect opportunity to get to know each other, again.

Guest screamxlove

Mmm... Just write out a friendly email towards her, saying that you all miss her and such?

I don't know... I'm trying to remember what my half-brother did when he found me on Myspace. I never knew him (or the fact that I had brothers) until I got a message from him. The message he wrote was nice and asked me a few questions like, how am I, how old are you, etc. Then later on in his next message, he said he was my brother. But eh... yeah. I don't know.

Just send a nice message to her and see where it goes. If she doesn't reply, then... she might not want to talk just yet :|

Good luck anyway~

Archived