[Drama 2009] You're Beautiful 미남이시네요

Guest sayroo

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lovesong3208

hey..didn't the main two characters do Etude House commercial

together?

anyhow. looking forward to watching this...JANG GEUN SUK!

what a hottie :]

Guest Brigichii

hey..didn't the main two characters do Etude House commercial

together?

anyhow. looking forward to watching this...JANG GEUN SUK!

what a hottie :]

yes they did!! ^^

Un-1.gif

Untitled-1-5.gif

by me

aww.gif

+ new photos

001dl.jpg

002tn.jpg

003ko.jpg

Guest anyone09mar

A long week I can't access Sommpi.

I think that PSH and JGS really make a perfect couple. also, they seem to collaborate well in their previous project, (you may see it in the Etude... ha ha.. the kiss).

Two of them also show the CHEMISTRY. Sukki always smile [very very happily] when he works with PSH, which is opposite to what his face looks like when working with Lee Ji Ah before. We can't figure out the real feelings and relationship between them. Hwver, when I saw all of the "Behind the sense" pic, or vid, I always found that JGS only show his mirth acting with some ones (Ha J Won,... and PSH is an example too). Maybe becuz they, JGS and PSH, are about the same age, so sustain the same interest, same favor, same view,,.....

Guest zcandyflossz

I've posted these at FT thread, was thinking of sharing here too ;x

090919 News update

Lee Hongki @ ''You're Beautiful''

1zzib88.jpg

118zv6e.jpg

Credits: newsen + zcandyflossz@soompi

Guest anyone09mar

Ha hA! The UNDER WATER trailer! I like all of the trailer whose background is water!!

Btw, their ANGELs don't swim :D! Angels only FLY in the sky!!! ha ha ha! So why the trailer is underwater!!!! It's somehow funny right?

Also, one of pics about the collaboration between PSH and JGS

ceci3.jpg

they are happy! :D

Guest kurururiri

HONGKI NEVER FAILED TO LOOK SO HANDSOME (in my eyes) XDDDD

he is super adorable and beautiful ^0^

and his british korean character hehehehe... I hope he do not need to say HONGLISH XDDDD.....

--------------------------

I will add the news (the picture already gave / shared by zcandyflossz)

[News] 090919 Lee Hongki, As British-Korean “Jeremy”

FT Island’s Lee Hongki will play the role of “Jeremy“, a British-Korean, in his comeback drama.

Lee Hongki revealed that he received support from his fellow FT Island members for the upcoming SBS Wed-Thu drama “You’re Beautiful“. In this drama, Lee Hongki will play the role of “Jeremy“, a British-Korean member of the band “A.N.JELL“, whose father is from an English royal family and mother, a famous model. He was well-brought up in the family and also helps to generate the harmonious bonding within the band.

As a member of the popular group FT Island, Lee Hongki revealed that, “In reality, there’s a group which I’m currently active in and I feel comfortable acting as an idol with a bright character. Director, Hong Sungchang, also told me to be like my usual self. He also said to use our usual conversations as part of the dialogues, so I feel less burdened.”

He also said that, “Other FT Island members also gave me support by saying ‘Do well in your drama’ and showed much interest. Not only myself, other members also have passion in acting and are also interested in my role in this drama.”

Lee Hongki, who was also casted in MBC “Freezing Point” in 2004, revealed his thoughts about being a singer and an actor, “When I’m singing on stage, I feel the excitement and thrill. When I’m acting, I develop feelings through the TV.

Actress Choi Ran, who acted as Lee Hongki’s mother previously in “Freezing Point“, will get to work with him once again. This time, she will play the role of “Go Minam” & “Go Minyuh“’s aunt.

The new SBS Wed-Thu drama “You’re Beautiful” talks about the growth of a teenage band and the love between the members. It will start airing on 7th October at 9.55pm, taking over the slot of “Swallow The Sun“. Cast includes Jang Geunsuk, Park Shinhye, Lee Hongki, Jung Yonghwa, Uee, Jung Chan, Kim Sungryung, Kim Inkwon, Choi Su-eun, Bae Geurin and others.

Do not hotlink and takeout only with proper credits

Credit: Newsen + ying1005 @ primanoona (translation)

another news....

sorry....if it looks like double post or spam..I am gonna delete it ^0^

--------------------------------------

[News] 090918 Lee Hongki, Plays Double Role At “You’re Beautiful” Mini Concert

24mxpqo.jpg

FT Island’s Lee Hongki will play double role at “You’re Beautiful” mini concert.

SBS drama “You’re Beautiful” will take over the airing slot of “Swallow The Sun“, starting 7th October. Prior to the airing of this drama, a mini concert will also be held at Melon-Ax Hall in Gwangjang-dong, Seoul at 5pm on 20th September. In this concert, Lee Hongki will be the drummer of the band “A.N.JELL” in the drama, and at the same time, the vocalist of FT Island.

Lee Hongki will put up performances with two different bands on stage. This mini concert will be included in the drama as part of the scenes of A.N.JELL’s concert. In order to make the scenes look realistic, about 1,000 fans were invited through a special event. Besides Lee Hongki, members of A.N.JELL also include Jang Geunsuk, Park Shinhye and Jung Yonghwa, with Jang Geunsuk as the vocalist. Comparisons of vocal abilities between Lee Hongki and Jang Geunsuk are expected.

Besides FT Island, Mighty Mouth and 4minute will also be performing in support of this concert.

Do not hotlink and takeout only with proper credits

Credits: Star News + Newsen + ying1005 @ primanoona (translation)

Guest anyone09mar

Hey! Will the concert be aired or up on youtube! I can't attend it, but I really want to see it! Could anyone upload the concert after it finished [tomorrow]. I want to watch it huhu hu hu hu.

Besides Lee Hongki, members of A.N.JELL also include Jang Geunsuk, Park Shinhye and Jung Yonghwa, with Jang Geunsuk as the vocalist. Comparisons of vocal abilities between Lee Hongki and Jang Geunsuk are expected.

OH MY GOOOOOOD XDDDDDD HongKi's voice is killer, he's soooo good at singing. Hope they'll do well yaaaaa

And OMG new pics ARE GREAT! HongKi is so cute >_<

Edit: yaa second time I top the page x_x should I post random pics? LOL

wha?!! it thought it was Jang Geun Seok who'll be playing Go Mi Nam, it said so in wikipedia...hehe...i shouldn't have trusted it...

when i first learned of that name, i thought it was funny that the drama is titled "You're Beautiful" and one of the characters is named Go Mi Nam which sounds like Kkotminam (which means pretty boy or equivalent to Bishounen of japan) hehehe...they must have done that on purpose...

when is this showing? or is it already out?

Guest White Star

Brigihii,

Thank you so much for the gifs..... so CUTE ><

based on the press conference for the mobile phone(?).... if their character is some what like who they are in real life... then all i can say is... instant chemistry...oh, and JGS has a SEXY voice..

right off the bat i can tell you guys that the kiss scene is gonna be HOT....

we already got a taste of what's to come....

2j0fo5j.gif

icon made by me

+WS+

Besides Lee Hongki, members of A.N.JELL also include Jang Geunsuk, Park Shinhye and Jung Yonghwa, with Jang Geunsuk as the vocalist. Comparisons of vocal abilities between Lee Hongki and Jang Geunsuk are expected.

While I admit that Hongki has better vocal skills, its pretty obvious actually, but heeeey Geun Suk CAN sing (that's the main reason why he's part of the drama in the first place :P) and I so adored his voice especially when he sang in Doremifasolatido soo hopefully we won't really get harsh criticisms about who's better and what not. Hopefully no one's overpowering another. Over/Under powering a character is really in the hands of the director. I trust the Hong sisters that they can shine all the actors equally in the drama ^___^

Hey! Will the concert be aired or up on youtube! I can't attend it, but I really want to see it! Could anyone upload the concert after it finished [tomorrow]. I want to watch it huhu hu hu hu.

Most probably fancams but I'm pretty sure a part of the concert will be included in the drama. I'm thinking that's the main reason why A.N.JELL will appear at that mini-concert. ^_^

I'm not sure how you can compare actually. Hongki's got one of the best voices in Korea imo. I can't wait though to hear Jang Geun suk sing and without sounding all autotuned and digitalized like he did with Just Drag. I don't think anyone is expecting Geun Suk to sound as good as Hongki anyway.

I wonder when the trailer is coming out. How I wish I could be at that concert >.<.

Guest Sunlight_zero36

I personally love JGS, and I probably already typed something on the thread, but man, JGS could be so much better if he cut his hair shorter and wore less make-up. I miss the good looking Eun Ho.

FT Island's Hong-ki ready to return to acting

September 19th, 2009 // by javabeans

Lee Hong-ki is mostly famous for being a member of the popular pop/rock band FT Island, but he’s looking forward to returning to acting, which he’ll do in SBS’s trendy idol-star drama You’re Beautiful [미남이시네요], his first drama gig in five years. (He has made cameo appearances on dramas and sitcoms, but his last drama role was in MBC’s 2004 series Freezing Point.)

I’d say most of the press attention is focused on its leads — Jang Geun-seok as the idol band leader and Park Shin-hye as his crossdressing teammate — but with FT Island’s popularity, I’m sure there’s a vocal minority who’s excited for Lee Hong-ki.

Lee says that partly due to his membership in an idol group, he felt comfortable approaching his role as an upbeat character of an idol group: “The director, Hong Sung-chan, told me to just be as I usually am and to use the way we normally talk in our dialogue, so I didn’t feel a lot of pressure.”

The idol group within the drama is called A.N.JELL (which makes me cringe a little, but I suppose it’s not any worse than real band names like 2NE1). Lee Hong-ki’s character is named “Jeremy” and is a gyopo (Korean living abroad) from England. His father is an upper-class Englishman while his mother was once a famous model, and he grew up well-off.

Lee says his fellow FT Island bandmates are cheering him on, and are looking at his role with particular interest because they also have an interest in acting. He described the pull he feels to both being a singer and actor: “When I am performing as a singer, I feel a thrill standing onstage, and as I act, I feel affection for the television screen.”

I wonder if Lee Hong-ki’s casting was at all influenced positively by another actress, Choi Ran, who is a Hong sisters favorite. Choi has appeared in three of their dramas: She played Jae Hee’s mother in Chun-hyang, Lee Dong-wook’s aunt in My Girl, and Jang Geun-seok’s loyal servant in Hong Gil Dong. She also played Lee Hong-ki’s mother in 2004’s Freezing Point, and has also been cast in You’re Beautiful as the aunt to Park Shin-hye’s twin characters.

Speaking of whom, You’re Beautiful is also drawing attention for its writing team, the Hong sisters (Hong Mi-ran, Hong Jung-eun) who have now penned four successful romantic-comedy dramas. While their dramas have had their flaws, I have greatly enjoyed them all, and consider their writing style to be at the top of the trendy genre. They don’t give up on their characters halfway through or cop out of storylines, which unfortunately is not always true in other trendy dramas. They also have an ability to keep twists funny and the pace fast and exciting, and have been lucky with casting charismatic lead actors with strong chemistry (Jae Hee, Lee Da-hae, Lee Dong-wook, Han Ye-seul, and Kang Ji-hwan, among others).

I hope their streak extends to You’re Beautiful, which premieres on Wednesday, October 7.

Via Joy News

credit: dramabeans

Hongki's Character in You're Beautiful Revealed

Forget FT Island, Hongki's got a new band! As allkpop reported a few weeks ago, Hongki has hopped on the idol drama bandwagon, joining the cast of SBS's "You're Beautiful" as a member of the fictional pop group A.N.JELL.

More details about this singer's character have been revealed - Hongki will play Jeremy, the wealthy son of a British aristocrat and famous model. As a young, well-mannered adult, Jeremy helps maintain harmony in the band. Though Hongki's family history isn't akin to Jeremy's by any means, his experience with FT Island has helped him settle into his new role. "In reality, I'm active with an actual group, so it's easier to play the role of a bright idol character. Coach Hong Sung Chang also told me to be myself, which took off some pressure."

Hm, British-Korean... the idea's sure to please some fans, but does that mean Hongki will be speaking English with a British accent? I don't follow FT Island personally, but way back when, my first impression of Hongki was this:

How Hongki will juggle two accents (British and Korean) at once, I don't even know... perhaps (hopefully? unfortunately?) he'll just sit pretty & stick to Korean. And you never know - maybe his English has improved by now, but in that case, I'll need some proof for reassurance.

As for the rest of FT Island, are there any hard feelings about their lead singer leaving them for this role? "The other FT Island members have been supporting me and have shown interest. They also have passions for acting and have shown curiosity for my role."

As many Primadonna's know, this isn't Hongki's first acting role - in 2004, the idol was also cast in MBC's "Freezing Point" and has made cameos on "Unstoppable Marriage", "On Air" and "Style". And of course, who can forget his steamy role in Midsummer's Night Dream last month?

"When I'm a singer, I feel the thrill onstage; if I'm acting, I develop feelings on the screen," Hongki expressed about being a singer and actor. Luckily for fans, we'll get to see a taste of both in this drama as well as at the mini-concert happening today.

The cast for this anticipated drama includes Jang Geunsuk, Choi Ran (who played Hongki's mother in "Freezing Point"), Park Shin Hye, Jung Yonghwa, UEE, Jung Chan and many others.

"You Beautiful" will begin airing on October 7 at 9:55 on SBS, replacing "Swallow the Sun".

Meanwhile, FT Island is working on their third Japanese single, entitled "Raining" & to be released on October 21. Looks like Hongki will be juggling lots of work in the next few weeks!

Source: Newsen

credit: allkpop

Archived