Quantcast
kanzcech

Moon Geun Young 문근영 - Upcoming Drama: Catch A Ghost!

March 07, 2006

Moon Geun-Young Chooses New Film

geunyoungi.jpg

You know you're famous when half the country follows you around even on your first day in school -- at the prestigious Sungkyunkwan University. Moon Geun-Young is one of the most important 'cash cows' in Chungmuro, and she clearly understands that, never rushing into projects and choosing more mature roles every year, without alienating her existing fanbase (the entire country?) with abrupt transformations. She's been carefully choosing one film per year not to interfere with her studies, and her 2006 project has finally been announced. She will star in 사랑따원 필요없어 (I Don't Need Love).

This marks the return of Korea's most famous 19 year old to the big screen since last year's 댄서의 순정 (Innocent Steps). She's been busy shooting CFs and of course studying, but she'll finally come back to Chungmuro, as the film starts shooting on March 15. The melodrama, produced by Sidus FNH and directed by Lee Cheong-Ha, will also star Kim Ju-Hyeok from 청연 (Blue Swallow) and 프라하의 연인 (Lovers in Prague). Kim and Moon share the same management company (Namu Actors), so pairing them together was pretty easy.

The film is adapted from the popular 2002 TBS Dorama 愛なんていらねえよ、夏 (I Don't Need Love), which starred Hirosue Ryoko and Watabe Atsuro, and will show young Moon in a new light, with a slightly less 'innocent' character, with a colder side. Release hasn't been announced yet, but it should be between Chuseok and Christmas.

[source: Sports Seoul]

Credit: X at http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/005358.html

Guest windykid

Geun-Young at school :D

http://kr.img.dc.yahoo.com/b5/data/moon/ce...977_%B9%AE2.jpg

http://kr.img.dc.yahoo.com/b5/data/moon/ce...8977_%B9%AE.jpg

http://pds12.cafe.daum.net/download.php?gr...gs&dncnt=N&.jpg

My friend in SKKU told me that Geun-Young was studying hard!!! He said that more and more students became fond of her and eager to help her as their normal schoolmate.

Last week, she secretly(?) visited special school for the handicapped to help them and learn how to act the visually handicapped. No one seemed to know her visiting until one student of that school left the message on fan cafe to express his gratitude for her visiting. She will star in 사랑따원 필요없어 (I Don't Need Love) as a rich blind girl who doesn't trust men and love after the final exam.

Here is the original message (Fighting 근영!).

근영누나 또 보고 싶어요 시각장애인역이라서 울학교에 오셨지요 ㅎㅎ 이말은 함부로 함 안될 것 같지만 해야겠네요 ㅎㅎ 근영이 누나 울학교에서 밥도 먹고 싸인도 해주시고 넘 감사했어요 ㅎㅎ 아 그리고 더 좋은건 손을 잡아봤다는거 ㅎㅎ 너무너무 좋아서 활짝활짝 뛸것갔았어요 ㅎㅎ 누나 근데 또 언제오세요 ?? 궁굼해 ㅠㅠ 이 메세지를 근영누나가 꼭 들었으면 좋겠는데 ㅠㅠ

Such a lovely girl. This kind of her full of warm heart made me get interested in her :blush:

Guest honeypia

windykid, wow thank you so much for the news ^ . She really has a pure and golden heart. There's so much sincerity in her and i greatly admire her for being so down to earth. Pictures speak for herself already.

Ohh..so you have a friend in SKKU?? :D Please share us more about GeunYoung!!! :D

Guest Fleur

Just to share some MGY old photos from Lover's Concerto conference... She's a very sweet girl indeed...

114295138823031000.jpg

114295145378495600.jpg

114295161014059400.jpg

114295155509124500.jpg

Credits: chataehyun.co.kr

thanks for the photos and updates everybody!!! :D

i first saw her in My little bride and have been a fan ever since! :wub: hadn't heard anything about her in a while so the news was great!

Guest windykid

Geun-Young won 'Golden Filming Best Actress Award' today !!! Congratulations :D

1143709757_1.jpg

200603301818401120_1.jpg

2006033018250609954_2.jpg

Guest sweet_treats1812

^waaah! congrats to her!!!

im so happy she's gonna star in another movie soon! im definitely gonna look forward to it!!! :lol:

Guest s3rene

I am happy she is starring in a new movie. :D

Guest kebabby

thanks for the photos and updates everybody!!! :D

i first saw her in My little bride and have been a fan ever since! :wub: hadn't heard anything about her in a while so the news was great!

First, I saw MGY in my little bride too

She's cute ^^ and look young

Happy! that i'll see her new film

Guest aymei

I just watched MGY in Autumn Tales. And wow, I loved her acting. She's a great actress. She made me feel like I was in her shoes, everytime she cried, I cried. Ahhh...I can't wait for her new movie!

Guest s3rene

^ Her role was superb in Autumn Tale and she made me sad along with her character. MGY really brought her role to life. :)

Guest koreanCHICA

i love mgy!

she's cute, doesn't wear a cake layer of makeup, and has talent.

she was AWESOME in gaheul donghwa. every time she cried, i cried w/ her. haha and she was so young then too. and now she's doing movies and cf's. great for her! :D

Guest sweet_treats1812

^ Her role was superb in Autumn Tale and she made me sad along with her character. MGY really brought her role to life. :)

so true! her tears fell so easily there..i cudnt help crying along with her..she pulled that role off amazingly!!! i was almost sad to see her grow up..hahaha~ dont get me wrong, i love shk, but it wud have been great to see mgy in the drama a bit longer :lol: she was simply amazing...

Apr.14, 2006

Teen Actress Prioritizes Study Over Stardom

200604140029_00.jpg

Teen star Moon Geun-young is putting the priority on study, not acting. Having enrolled in SungKyunKwan University as a humanities major this year, she has shown great enthusiasm for her studies. "Moon hasn't missed a class since school started a month and a half ago," her agency says. "She's doing her best as both an entertainer and a student, just as she did in high school."

What worries Koreans' favorite young actress most now is a group assignment in her history class she has to work on ahead of the mid-term exam. She is the only girl in a group of six, but her agency says rumors that she has had help from the "devoted" boys are not true. She tries to be no different from ordinary students.

Of course, Moon feels somewhat sad that she cannot enjoy things that other students do such as camping or going on blind dates. She is also said to feel sorry for classmates whenever news say that courses taken by her draw a lot of students or otherwise imply that her fellow students are star-struck.

However, Moon has started shooting a movie titled "I Don't Need a Thing Like Love", a remake of a Japanese hit drama. Moon plays a physically challenged girl who inherits a fortune opposite Kim Ju-hyuck.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0604140029.html

Guest sweet_treats1812

thanks for the article :) im happy that she's concentrating and putting her best foot forward in her studies...and even in the midst of all that, still managing to shoot a new movie..good luck to her!

Guest s0urp@tchk!d

MGY seems like such an awesome & kind hearted person after reading all these posts ^__^!

just finished watching My Little Bride which was...awkward. but freaakin hilarious lol. she was like what...16!?!??! when she made that movie?? and kim rae won is like...10 yrs her senior or something?? man that takes confidence :)

but aaaagh she's very cute/innocent looking and everything (albeit a bit cross eyed hehe. kinda reminds me of kim tae hee's big eyes).......but im having issues adapting myself to her...eyebrows. i really want to take like a pair of tweezers and just help her out lol... i mean i sweaaaar if she would just watch those little bushmen brows...wow she'd BASICALLY be a kim tae hee #2. LALALA :P

oh well i guess that's her...trademark? :sweatingbullets:

Guest nuur

she's an awesome actress :) My Little Bride is hilarious, luv it!

Guest Mme. De Giry

I saw her in Autumn Tale, and she was simply amazing. I always wondered how they got her to cry with a snap of a finger...guess she's just really talented. I cried every time she cried, which of course explains why I don't watch Autumn Tale before I have to go somewhere cos I won't be able to see. :tears: I'm so happy for her! I love SHG to pieces, but I don't want to say MGY's the next SHG cos they're both in their own leagues. MGY has enough talent in her to be recognized by her own accomplishments. :)