Moon Geun Young 문근영

kanzcech

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sweet_treats1812

^waaah! congrats to her!!!

im so happy she's gonna star in another movie soon! im definitely gonna look forward to it!!! :lol:

Guest kebabby

thanks for the photos and updates everybody!!! :D

i first saw her in My little bride and have been a fan ever since! :wub: hadn't heard anything about her in a while so the news was great!

First, I saw MGY in my little bride too

She's cute ^^ and look young

Happy! that i'll see her new film

Guest aymei

I just watched MGY in Autumn Tales. And wow, I loved her acting. She's a great actress. She made me feel like I was in her shoes, everytime she cried, I cried. Ahhh...I can't wait for her new movie!

Guest s3rene

^ Her role was superb in Autumn Tale and she made me sad along with her character. MGY really brought her role to life. :)

Guest koreanCHICA

i love mgy!

she's cute, doesn't wear a cake layer of makeup, and has talent.

she was AWESOME in gaheul donghwa. every time she cried, i cried w/ her. haha and she was so young then too. and now she's doing movies and cf's. great for her! :D

Guest sweet_treats1812

^ Her role was superb in Autumn Tale and she made me sad along with her character. MGY really brought her role to life. :)

so true! her tears fell so easily there..i cudnt help crying along with her..she pulled that role off amazingly!!! i was almost sad to see her grow up..hahaha~ dont get me wrong, i love shk, but it wud have been great to see mgy in the drama a bit longer :lol: she was simply amazing...

Apr.14, 2006

Teen Actress Prioritizes Study Over Stardom

200604140029_00.jpg

Teen star Moon Geun-young is putting the priority on study, not acting. Having enrolled in SungKyunKwan University as a humanities major this year, she has shown great enthusiasm for her studies. "Moon hasn't missed a class since school started a month and a half ago," her agency says. "She's doing her best as both an entertainer and a student, just as she did in high school."

What worries Koreans' favorite young actress most now is a group assignment in her history class she has to work on ahead of the mid-term exam. She is the only girl in a group of six, but her agency says rumors that she has had help from the "devoted" boys are not true. She tries to be no different from ordinary students.

Of course, Moon feels somewhat sad that she cannot enjoy things that other students do such as camping or going on blind dates. She is also said to feel sorry for classmates whenever news say that courses taken by her draw a lot of students or otherwise imply that her fellow students are star-struck.

However, Moon has started shooting a movie titled "I Don't Need a Thing Like Love", a remake of a Japanese hit drama. Moon plays a physically challenged girl who inherits a fortune opposite Kim Ju-hyuck.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0604140029.html

Guest sweet_treats1812

thanks for the article :) im happy that she's concentrating and putting her best foot forward in her studies...and even in the midst of all that, still managing to shoot a new movie..good luck to her!

Guest s0urp@tchk!d

MGY seems like such an awesome & kind hearted person after reading all these posts ^__^!

just finished watching My Little Bride which was...awkward. but freaakin hilarious lol. she was like what...16!?!??! when she made that movie?? and kim rae won is like...10 yrs her senior or something?? man that takes confidence :)

but aaaagh she's very cute/innocent looking and everything (albeit a bit cross eyed hehe. kinda reminds me of kim tae hee's big eyes).......but im having issues adapting myself to her...eyebrows. i really want to take like a pair of tweezers and just help her out lol... i mean i sweaaaar if she would just watch those little bushmen brows...wow she'd BASICALLY be a kim tae hee #2. LALALA :P

oh well i guess that's her...trademark? :sweatingbullets:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mme. De Giry

I saw her in Autumn Tale, and she was simply amazing. I always wondered how they got her to cry with a snap of a finger...guess she's just really talented. I cried every time she cried, which of course explains why I don't watch Autumn Tale before I have to go somewhere cos I won't be able to see. :tears: I'm so happy for her! I love SHG to pieces, but I don't want to say MGY's the next SHG cos they're both in their own leagues. MGY has enough talent in her to be recognized by her own accomplishments. :)

Guest windykid

Here is the article (Koreatimes) published in February 15th. You would know Geun-Young's huge popularity in Korea :D

Young Talents Set Model to Juveniles

80 Students Picked as 21st Century Leaders

By Ryu Jin

Staff Reporter

ensor200602151904390young.jpg

South Korea has named 80 high school and university students, including popular teen actress Moon Geun-young, as the nation’s ``Distinguished Talents to Lead the 21st Century.’’

Established by the Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development in 2002, the annual awards were presented to 40 high school students and 40 college students Tuesday.

President Roh Moo-hyun invited all 80 of the prize-winners to Chong Wa Dae for lunch and some other events. Among them were artists who presented works they made to Roh, such as a copperplate print.

Here are some of the awardees:

Moon Geun-young, 19, who has just graduated from high school and is going to enter Sungkyunkwan University in Seoul next month, was selected as the laureate in the film industry.

Moon jumped to stardom with the films ``A Tale of Two Sisters’’ (2003) and ``My Little Bride’’ (2004), which gave her the nickname ``sister of the nation.’’ She recently starred in ``Innocent Steps,’’ in which she played an ethnic Korean dancer from China.

She is also known as a ``donation angel’’ for her heart-warming mind. She has made generous contributions of tens of millions of won to local society, her high school and other civic organizations.

Han Ki-joo, 19, a power pitcher of the Kia Tigers whose fastball hits around 148 kilometers per hour, was chosen in the field of sports.

Nicknamed ``monster,’’ Han has averaged 1.05 strikeouts per inning in 151.1 innings so far with Dongsung High School, and surprised many last April by fanning 16 batters of Chonan Bukil High School in the President Cup tournament.

He signed with his hometown professional baseball club for a record 1 billion-won signing fee last year. His dream is to move onto the Major League after achieving 100 wins at home.

Choi Shin-hee, 22, flyweight champion of the International Female Boxers Association (IFBA), was also selected as winner in the field of sports. She succeeded in her first title defense by canvassing Japanese challenger Jet Izumi in the fifth round last year. She is also active outside the ring now as she stars in a few commercials.

Park Jeong, a 32-year-old painter who draws with his mouth, was chosen along with three other physically challenged youths.

Choi An-ryol, a 25-year-old college student, was also picked up, along with eight others, whose theses have been posted in international scientific journals.

jinryu@koreatimes.co.kr

02-15-2006 19:02

Guest windykid

Today is her birthday :D Happy Birthday to Her!!!

And another good news for her!!! Geun-young ranked second (total ranked 30th) most influential actress in Korea movie industry rihgt after Lee Young-Ae (total ranked 29th). Look at other actors and actress and compare with Geun-Young's rank :D

[article-movie magazine Cine21]

Just like every year around this time, Cine21 got together some of the most important names in the industry, and asked them their top 50 most important figures in Chungmuro. Gone are the days when Kang Woo-Suk, who won this particular 'ranking' 9 years in a row, would just prepare to pay everyone drinks on the night the list was announced. As the Korean industry matures and its production structure assumes some Hollywood-like models, there'll be an increase in 'faceless names' in the list, owners of theater chains, distribution companies and powerful producers, people who rarely come out and talk to the press, but make the big decision behind the scenes. Nice to see Cha Seung-Jae, head honcho of Sidus (now SidusFNH), who's always been one of Korea's best producers and has great taste in films, on top of the list. And once again Kang Woo-Suk gets the second spot, after dropping out of Cinema Service's leadership and doing things on his own (officially).

Lee Joon-Ik made the biggest jump, as expected, with his 12+ Million tickets for 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown), just like Jang Jin, whose role as a producer and co-founder of KnJ Entertainment with Kang Woo-Suk will probably allow him to rise up the rankings in the coming years. As for actors, as always Jang Dong-Gun grabs the top spot, although people like Ahn Sung-Gi and Choi Min-Shik still remain high for their involvement in the Screen Quota protests. And even the President gets a nod, a negative one that is, as his 'broken promise' created quite a few headaches in the industry, which will surely grow from July. [Cine21]

50. 신철/ 신씨네 대표 [shin Cheol - President, ShinCine]

49. 김종도/ 나무액터스 대표 [Kim Jong-Do - President, Namu Actors]

48. 신상한/ 프라임엔터테인먼트 부사장 [shin Sang-Han - Vice President, Prime Entertainment]

47. 이창동/ 감독 [Lee Chang-Dong - Director, Former Minister of Culture - 오아시스 (Oasis)]

46. 홍상수/ 감독 [Hong Sang-Soo - Director - 해변의 여인 (Woman on the Beach)]

45. 최용배/ 청어람 대표 [Choi Yong-Bae - President, Chungeorahm]

44. 김지운/ 감독 [Kim Ji-Woon - Director - 멋진 신세계 (Doomsday Book)]

43. 석명홍/ 시네라인-투 대표 (Seok Myung-Hong - President, Cineline II]

42. 노무현/ 대통령 (Roh Mu-Hyeon - President, Republic of Korea]

41. 최민식/ 배우 [Choi Min-Shik - Actor - 친절한 금자씨 (Sympathy For Lady Vengeance)]

40. 이병헌/ 배우 [Lee Byung-Heon - Actor - 여름 이야기 (Summer Story)]

39. 양기환/ 스크린쿼터지키기영화인대책위 대변인 [Yang Gi-Hwan - Screen Quota Movement]

38. 정지영/ 감독· [Jung Ji-Young - Director, Screen Quota Movement Co-Director]

37. 김기덕/ 감독 [Kim Ki-Duk - Director - 시간 (Time)]

36. 이춘연/ 씨네2000 대표 (Lee Choon-Yeon - President, Cine2000]

35. 김동주/ 쇼이스트 대표 [Kim Dong-Joo - President, Show East]

34. 김형준/ 한맥영화 대표 [Johnatan Kim - President, Hanmac Films]

33. 송강호/ 배우 [song Kang-Ho - Actor - 괴물 (The Host)]

32. 김명곤/ 문화관광부 장관 [Kim Myung-Gon - Former Actor, Current Minister of Culture]

31. 황정민/ 배우 [Hwang Jung-Min - Actor - 사생결단 (Bloody Tie)]

30. 문근영/ 배우 [Moon Geun-Young - Actress - 사랑따원 필요없어 (Love Me Not)]

29. 이영애/ 배우 [Lee Young-Ae - Actress - 친절한 금자씨 (Sympathy For Lady Vengeance)]

28. 김미희/ 싸이더스FNH 공동대표 [Kim Mi-Hee - Associate President, Sidus FNH]

27. 오기민/ 마술피리 대표·아이필름 공동대표 [Oh Gi-Min - Masulpiri/IFilm President]

26. 임권택/ 감독 [im Kwon-Taek - Director - 천년학 (Thousand Year Crane)]

25. 장진/ 감독 [Jang Jin - Director - 거룩한 계보 (Countdown)]

24. 김인수/ 시네마서비스 대표 [Kim In-Soo - President, Cinema Service]

23. 정태원/ 태원엔터테인먼트 대표 [Jung Tae-Won - President, Taewon Entertainment]

22. 정태성/ 쇼박스 영화사업본부장 [Jung Tae-Sung - Showbox Film Marketing Director]

21. 안정숙/ 영화진흥위원회 위원장 [Ahn Jung-Sook - KOFIC]

20. 최완/ 아이엠픽쳐스 대표 [Choi Wan - President, IM Pictures]

19. 배용준/ 배우 [bae Yong-Joon - Actor - 태왕사신기 (The Great King)]

18. 안성기/ 배우 [Ahn Sung-Gi - Actor, Screen Quota Movement - 한반도 (The Korean Peninsula)]

17. 봉준호/ 감독 [bong Joon-Ho - Director - 괴물 (The Host)]

16. 오정완/ 영화사 봄 대표 [Oh Jung-Wan - President, Bom Films]

15. 이승재/ LJ필름 대표 [Lee Seung-Jae - President, LJ Films]

14. 이은/ MK픽처스 대표 [Lee Eun - President, MK Pictures]

13. 강제규/ 감독 [Kang Je-Gyu - Director - 태극기 휘날리며 (Taegukgi)]

12. 장동건/ 배우 [Jang Dong-Gun - Actor - 태풍 (Typhoon)]

11. 이준익 / 감독 [Lee Joon-Ik - Director, Cineworld President - 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown)]

10. 김광섭/ 롯데시네마 대표 [Kim Gwang-Seop - President, Lotte Cinema]

09. 박동호/ CGV 대표 [Park Dong-Ho - President, CGV]

08. 김동호/ 부산국제영화제 집행위원장 [Kim Dong-Ho - PIFF]

07. 심재명/ MK픽처스 영화제작 부문 총괄사장 [shim Jae-Myung - MK Pictures Film Production Director]

06. 정훈탁/ IHQ 대표 [Jung Hoon-Tak - President, iHQ]

05. 박찬욱/ 감독 [Park Chan-Wook - Director - 사이보그지만 괜찮아 (I'm a Cyborg, That's OK)]

04. 김주성/ CJ엔터테인먼트 대표 [Kim Ju-Seong - President, CJ Entertainment]

03. 김우택/ 쇼박스·메가박스 대표 [Kim Woo-Taek - President, Showbox/Megabox]

02. 강우석/ 감독 [Kang Woo-Suk - Director - 한반도 (The Korean Peninsula)]

01. 차승재/ 싸이더스FNH 대표 [Cha Seung-Jae - President, SidusFNH]

Archived