Moon Geun Young 문근영

kanzcech

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest __Christine

oohhh.. ok.. this is stupid.. i love MGY's movies and today, i saw a movie acted by her. i think it's the Sweet Sorrow - Love Is An Affair (as mentioned in previous topics).. i was wondering when will the movie be out or where can i download it?

Need Love? No

OCTOBER 26, 2006 06:58

2006102624118.jpg

Reporter: How were you cast in the movie "I Don't Need Love"?

Moon: I watched the Japanese TV drama in CDs in my management firm's office when I came to Seoul after finishing the college entrance exam and found it very attractive. Maybe it's because there was an affinity between me at that time and the Ryu Min character.

Reporter: An affinity with the depressed character? You are so sunny and positive.

Moon: Well, it's distrust in the world. I had received rewards for the efforts I made, and I lost any desire to do something when I wasn't rewarded for doing my best in preparing for the exam. I felt I could express what was pressing me down inside through Min.

Reporter: The evaluation of your acting in this movie seems significant.

Moon: I'm waiting for it. I'll accept anything: reproaches, critiques, or advice. That's what I can do and must do because I’m now in my 20s. It will be an opportunity to take one step further.

Reporter: What do you think your weaknesses are as an actor?

Moon: There are a lot. I feel I'm not good enough in doing the basics like speaking, breathing, voice tones, facial expressions, actions and delivering emotions.

Reporter: Don't you have any desire to be in the so-called "boring art movies"?

Moon: Frankly speaking, I've had it. But I also think it is the right thing to do now to show what I can do best at my age. I don't want to consume myself fast. I want to go slowly.

Reporter: Last year, you said, "An actor can become anything except oneself." It sounded a little sad.

Moon: I wished who I am in my fantasy were real me because I didn't like real me. I wished I had certain aspects of the character I’m acting, so I tried to find them within me. I found I didn't have them and felt I'm not myself.

Reporter: What kind of books are you reading as a college student?

Moon: I read lots of novels before, but now I'm reading humanities books since I'm now a college student. The two books that occupied me for a while are E.H. Carr's "What is History" and "A Biography of Che Guevara."

Reporter: Do you have any role models?

Moon: Frankly, no. I just wanted to work steady like Jang Dong-geun. Recently, I went to the preview of "Radio Star," and it made me want to become an actor like Ahn Seong-ki. He made me want to get older fast.

Source: The Dong-A Ilbo

http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?...d=2006102624118

Guest sweet_treats1812

^thanks for the interview! :) i liked how she responded to those questions~ sounded so mature and just honest...

i hope she doesn't keep on hoping that she'd grow up fast though coz i like her just as she is now :lol: i mean, age will eventually catch up with you, so i hope she takes it easy...she sounds like a really great girl..so committed to her work and her studies at the same time...good luck mgy!!!

Guest celestialxangel

Thanks for the recent videos! After viewing the clips, it makes me want to see the movie even more. MGY was so adorable in them! Her chemistry with Kim Jung Hyuk is definatley there. They look like they got very close during the making of the film. He's even goofier than her at times!! LOL.

Guest celestialxangel

Anybody catch the latest episode of Yashimanman? She was so adorable in it and all the guys were smitten with her. It was so cute to see all these guys act so shy around her :blush:

Guest lavender*sshi

Oh so pretty~! She's just 19 years old right now if im not mistaken yet she has this very beautiful and charming face~!!!

Yes, these are indeed very pretty pics of her!! :D

:w00t::w00t: Wow~! Very pretty of her!!! I can't say anything more! :D

U1514P28T3D1117740F326DT20060610114740.jpg

SO cute~! She's indeed stunning in here. ;)

her latest project is a movie with kim ju hoek called Love Me Not

Oh I see. Thanks for the info~~!! I have to be sure to watch this one. :D

This pic was too cute not to share:

0504_talking_01.jpg

Vogue article

Omo omo~! Haha.. So nice!! Hahaha! I'm very impressed with this young lady. Very talented and beautiful at a young age!! :D

Guest vanjuve

i like her so much

it's impressive to know what she's become at only 19.

she really has the talent and confidence to succeed in her industry

i specially loved unnie in "Innocent Steps"

baxia unnie!!!!

Guest lavender*sshi

Oh yes~! Hahaha! She's so good in her INNOCENT STEPS too. ^_^ She did learn how to dance first for that movie right? Woow, she's sooo GOOD! :D

Guest mama_link

I'm also like her since in My Little Bride.

She's soooo cute with Kim Rae Won..

I'm so surprised when I saw Innocent step..so matured her in that movie...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bubblieri

i don't want her to grow up XD i <3 how her face is so kiddish....:)

she has so much talent i can't believe she doesn't have more projects!!! my little bride and innocent steps were really well done movies!! both touched me and i loved how she could play both roles and her facial expressions crack me up!!! one of my favorite celebrities out there!!!

Archived