[THE OFFICIAL] Gdragon G-드래곤 G-Dragon Thread

Guest the7REAL.

Guest shinhdeplol

Plagiarism by GDragon ‘Heartbreaker’ confirmed

The copyright owner to Flo Rida’s ‘Right Round’ has came out to confirmed that Big Bang GDragon’s solo debut song ‘HeartBreaker’ has committed plagiarism to the former.

Warner Korea, which is the publishing company to ‘Right Round’ in Korea, came out to say on 18th August, “The song ‘Heartbreaker’ which was revealed in full today has been confirmed to have plagiarised ‘Right Round’. And the composer of ‘Right Round’ in America is in the dilemma of what to do and how to deal this case.”

It has been known that from the American side, they have already did an investigation of the whole song of ‘Heartbreaker’.

Warner Korea said, “The headquarters of Warner in Korea has already proposed the problem. But it is in the composer’s decision whether to give up on fighting for copyrights or to demand for a legal lawsuit.”

While earlier, a report came in that… (just to give more depth to understanding the situation)

The company in Korea which holds 50% to the copyrights to ‘Right Round’ with Warner said in an interview on 18th August, “If we look at the song as a whole, we do not think that ‘Heartbreaker’ plagiarised that of ‘Right Round’.”

The person in charge said, “We do not know if there is a part to the rap which sounds similar, and the climax and highlight to the song is different also. Also the melody to the both songs are different.”

“With this reason, we cannot say that the song plagiarised that of ‘Heartbreaker’. There is so many cases of artistes getting inspiration from one another lately, If we are going to rule the song plagiarism just because it has some parts which feels the same, then many artistes and producers will fall into serious censorship.”

The person continued, “Whether the song has committed plagiarism the final decision lies in the original composer. Before they confirm that, we cannot rule the song as plagiarism.”

It has been known that there are about 10 people who are in charge of the original composing and lyrics to ‘Right Round’. This will include the person who came out with idea of the rap, the person who wrote the rap, the different people who made the special melodies.

proof:

Meanwhile, it has been said that the MV to ‘Heartbreaker’ has broken a record of 550K views in the same day of its reveal.

C: KBites

I just hope Jiyong will stay strong and sort out everything :( He has been through too much these days :(

15 mins more and its our boys' 3rd anni but I feel so sad :(

Guest evoker

seriously...props to gd..his album kicks *ss!! ahahaha..i love it!!!

oohhh...just saw the mv..dang..he really suits the blonde hair...

he reminds me of anime characters whose hair are either blonde or silver..ahaha..

I can't get enough of his of hair flipping, dancing and lastly his expression when he looked at the camera while he was hugging the girl..ljgklaglsdjkvblasudgvausgvlwukeb

ahahaha...can't wait for the other mvs...^_^

Guest universe

i just saw the article too

someone please tell me its a bad joke. i thought its an all-clear with VIPs making calls to the office??? GD DON'T DESERVE THIS. its barely 30 seconds and its barely similar!! omg. and its his birthday!! i feel like crying now.

EDIT: oh so the article may not be true?? i really hope so! its stupid to accuse an entire song of plagiarisim when the first 30 seconds just have some similarities. if its really a reporter stiring up trouble, he/she better pray that the VIPs don't get to him/her.

and btw, BB's Japanese album is out!! download links over at the BB thread. i'm receiving too much love from BB today!! ~dies~ and omg their Japanese album is waaaay better than i expected!!

I've been waiting for this album as long as I've been a fan of Big Bang!!! He never disappoints!!

The Heartbreaker MV makes me feel as though we're looking inside GD's mind. I'm completely taken now... XD

"지드래곤 '하트브레이커', 저작권자 표절확신"

'라이트라운드' 저작권의 한국 대행사가 빅뱅 지드래곤의 솔로 데뷔곡 '하트브레이커'가 표절이라고 확신하고 있는 것으로 전해졌다.

' 라이트 라운드'의 국내 퍼블리싱 계약업체 워너채플코리아 측은 18일 "오늘 공개된 '하트브레이커' 원곡을 검토한 결과 도입부가 표절이라는 확신을 갖게 됐다"며 "미국에 있는 '라이트 라운드' 작곡가가 대응 여부와 방식을 고민하고 있는 것으로 알고 있다"고 밝혔다.

미국 측은 이미 '하트브레이커' 음원 전곡을 확보해 검토하고 있는 것으로 알려졌다.

앞서 '하트브레이커'는 11일 30초 버전으로 공개되면서 미국 유명힙합가수 플로라이다의 '라이트라운드'를 표절한 것이 아니냐는 의혹에 휘말렸다.

워너채플코리아 측은 "원 저작자의 판단에 따라 워너채플 미국 본사에서 문제를 제기할 것"이라며 "저작권 포기, 지분 요구로 이어질지 혹은 법적 소송으로 확대될지는 원 저작자의 판단에 달린 것"이라고 말했다.

I couldn't see this posted anywhere yet, but, it looks as if we haven't seen the last of the Heartbreaker/Right Round plagiarism issue. Although the song itself sounds nothing like Right Round, the 30s teaser still seems to be enough for Warner Music to raise the issue against GD for plagiarizing Flo Rida's song. There are talks of sharing the rights, but that has yet to be discussed.

PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, because I can't read Korean at all. But roughly translated, this is what I read out of it.

I hope I'm reading it wrong... T____T

EDIT: Just saw it was posted a few posts up. Argh, I really hope they drop the case because it's such a small part of the song T_T

LEAVE BRITNEY GD ALONE.

Guest Cloudy1430268312

no matter what i believe in 10000%. i trust in him.

he will get over this hard time with a big smile!!!

<3 i love his mv. i love his album. i love big bang!!!!

never give up!

gd2_7Kopie.jpg

dragon243Kopie.jpg

Guest jhshinee

Well I like most of the album but i have a problem with the song leaders at the end they sound very cocky and say that they created a style. What style would that be though? Just sound like alot of un-needed bragging and cussing to me. sounds very westernized for that track.And no im not bashing.

wow, really? the song as a whole sounds NOTHING like "right round"! i'm not even a big fan of gdragon; anyone can hear clear enough that the songs are different <_<.

anyways, i just came by here because 1.) i didn't know he had his own thread already in the korean music section and 2.) to say that i'm in LOVE with the new music video. when i first heard the album, i thought it lacked some, especially the single, but after seeing the mv, i have to say, i'm totally feelin the song now. also, his hair is friggin osm XD! gotta love the platinum blonde!

I don't know if you guys seen this yet, but it's pissing me off. People just don't wanna leave him alone.

http://sookyeong.wordpress.com/2009/08/18/...aker-confirmed/

Credit to Sookyeong

That's a pure fiction by some reporters.

In Korea, there are some reporters who write anything just to increase view counts and make some money from banner ad.

They pick up whatever haters say and report that.

Sometimes, they have some personal grudges against a star or an agency.

A Korean fan made phone calls to Warner and Sony, and they all said they didn't even talk to any reporter so far regarding this matter, not so much as sending a file to the US. (I have this feeling they just let these things go on and on for a publicity purpose.) Anyhow it seems like at least Warner promised to make an official statement as soon as possible regarding this matter.

Guest Pongie

^^ that's just seriously BS. First they accuse him of it, then once the album comes out they go "ohh we think butterfly sounds too similar to blah blah song" and now it's "confirmed" that Heartbreaker is copied? Oh please! If they had proof they would have stated it from the start since they only thing that came out was the rap part and that was the part that was "supposedly" copied.

"There is so many cases of artistes getting inspiration from one another lately, If we are going to rule the song plagiarism just because it has some parts which feels the same, then many artistes and producers will fall into serious censorship.” <---- totally agree with that. If they really wanna dig that low, then I can think of a dozen or more artist that would be sued.

I think they should stop pointing at fingers just because they have nothing better to do. I think they should realize that music has been around since GOD KNOWS WHEN, and that EVERYTHING has already been done ONCE! It's just a matter of knowing how to make it your own. He def. knows how to do it.

"Plagiarism" is sooo easily thrown around these days that it's becoming stupid. I'm becoming to think if people understand what that term even means anymore. Before you know it everything is plagiarized.

if this is a stupid reporters fault, i will smack him/her until even they can't recognize themselves.

Guest photodaisy

I'm so happy the choreo is so manly. AHAHAHAAH. I was complaining about the femmy cover look but now, his choreo makes up for it. Hahaha. And the expressions. And well, the hair is hot. I like...I love. ;)

Yay for GD's solo! And a late Happy Birthday! ;PPPP

wow, really? the song as a whole sounds NOTHING like "right round"! i'm not even a big fan of gdragon; anyone can hear clear enough that the songs are different <_<.

Yeah, but those haters in Korea, they are just unreasonable.

They will say the two songs are exactly the same.

first off: happy birthday kwon ji yong! with the release of your first solo album on the same day, i hope you enjoy it more than your birthdays in the past (:

second: the album is just....wow. such a diverse and astounding mix of genres...i'm in love with it! definitely fresh and something out of the norm for an "idol" wouldn't you say?

third: i don't care what anybody says, plagiarism or not, the songs are hot. plus almost all of kpop groups, past & present, have somehow in one way or another copied or borrowed from american pop culture. i just hope that this wont put GD down and just have this issue all sorted out.

Guest mz simmonz

aside from the fact that the beginning of "Heartbreaker" does sound very similar to "Right Round"..I won't get into it.

I just have to say that the concept is visually tantalizing..it's seductive, trippy, creative and more than I expected from already funkadelic GD..it's very different from what I thought he would come out with and the results are amazing..the song itself hasn't grown on me though.

oh yea HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR STYLISHLY ECCENTRIC SWAGGERIFIC LEADER :wub:

Guest Pongie

That's a pure fiction by some reporters.

In Korea, there are some reporters who write anything just to increase view counts and make some money from banner ad.

They pick up whatever haters say and report that.

Sometimes, they have some personal grudges against a star or an agency.

A Korean fan made phone calls to Warner and Sony, and they all said they didn't even talk to any reporter so far regarding this matter, not so much as sending a file to the US. (I have this feeling they just let these things go on and on for a publicity purpose.) Anyhow it seems like at least Warner promised to make an official statement as soon as possible regarding this matter.

that is seriously some messed up sh!t. that reporter is a douchebag on so many levels.

Guest amydien

Hi! Im dropping by to GD's solo thread to show my support! XD

I just heard the songs on youtube...zomg sooooo good! The Heartbreaker MV was cool too! I was impressed by the MV sets. There were a lot, and each one looked cool! The rest of the songs from his album were very good too. I gotta say my favourite track as of now is 'Hello'. I like the melody & vocals. Dara & GD's voice blended well. It was very refreshing to hear GD sing/rap like that. I love it!

As for the plagiarism issue, omg I hope everything will work out fine for GD. I know he's waited a long time for his solo album to come out. T__T Honestly, I dont know Flo Rida (?)'s music, so GD's Heartbreaker sounded really refreshing and new to me. :D

The copyright owner to Flo Rida’s ‘Right Round’ has came out to confirmed that Big Bang GDragon’s solo debut song ‘HeartBreaker’ has committed plagiarism to the former.

i am so freakin dissapointed about this. a 30-sec part only and the whole song is considered as a plagiarism????.....

and the article is kinda confusing...

in the beginning it says

"The copyright owner to Flo Rida’s ‘Right Round’ has came out to confirmed that Big Bang GDragon’s solo debut song ‘HeartBreaker’ has committed plagiarism to the former."

and then near the end it says

"The person continued, “Whether the song has committed plagiarism the final decision lies in the original composer. Before they confirm that, we cannot rule the song as plagiarism.”

so is it confirmed or not?

Kinda disappointed in the album; I like 4-5 of the songs only :[

I wasn't expecting TOO much.

But the heartbreaker MV is sorta hot; I don't like the blonde but its sorta growing onto me. . haha.

& About the plagiarism issue; I think they should of just bought the rights , seriously, so this issue

wouldn't be an issue. even IF it sounds similar, just use the whole beat. -____________- thats

my opinion.

V; lets hope. :]

Guest jhshinee

Ive stated my opinion on it before and I still stand by it I think heartbreakers rap melody does sound like flo rida's in right round although both songs are remakes of teh original but GD did sort of take the rap melody as his own. Thats what some fan girls are failing to understand.You can still copy something without using the same beat. GD is good at doing that but maybe this time he went overboard with it? And to theloser thats why i didnt get my hopes up too much because i knew i wouldve been let down if i had done so. Dont worry it will grow on you more.

Guest crimsonredd5

This should be the happiest moment for him. This day is I guess his dream since he was 12. It's also his birthday, he should be happy ... But I hope it won't turn into a nightmare because of a lawsuit. I hope people who are trying to prove his alleged plagarism will just let him be. I can't help but think that people are trying to bring him down because of too much jealousy. Just imagine, almost ALL of his songs are on music charts, just on day 1.

Guest jhshinee

I dont think people are being jealous of him I think they are doing what they have to do to protect their own music. I mean if somebody copied yg you guys would want them to protect themselves too right? This is what happens when you get a song without permission its no biggie and i bet it will all work out anyway. I bet he will get the rights to the song and it will all be ok. Lets stop worrying so much.