[THE OFFICIAL] Gdragon G-드래곤 G-Dragon Thread

Guest the7REAL.

Guest chibi_ryou

I knew some obsessed fan would try to defend his disrespectful actions well thats to be expected on soompi I suppose. I really dont care how old the man is I mean he wasnt really doing it all before why the sudden change of heart is what im saying? I know he's only human were all only human but the difference between me and him is that im not famous so of course nobody but people that like facts are going to agree with me. And I dont really watch much gdtv so if he really cussing alot there so glad I dont watch it. But Im talking more so the songs on his album.

Hi. :] I'm wouldn't call myself an "obsessed" fan, but I LOVE his album, so here goes:

I mean, I don't like cussing myself and I understand your standpoint, but I don't think he had a "sudden change of heart." B/c first of all, he has been in YG since he was a kid, so he's been surrounded by hip hop artistes AND hip hop music, where there tends to be more cussing. xD And btw, in La La La [bB's debut song], in the beginning, it goes:

I, I, I, I like the real richard simmons

you, you, you, you like the real richard simmons

me and my crew can only bust with the real richard simmons

(all) we, we, we, we like the real richard simmons

all my peeps they like the real richard simmons

That's like... mini cooper 7 times. :]

So basically, I don't think he had a sudden change of heart. Plus, this is his SOLO album. The marketing audience is obviously different. Big Bang songs don't have cuss words b/c they are marketed to a larger, broader audience. But I feel like GD's solo album is more intimate; to the hardcore fans, but mostly, music lovers. So he's going to step it up a notch on terms of expressing what he really wants to express. Which means... he is less conscious of being on the "safe side" [like he is for BB music] and is truly using his solo album as an opportunity for self expression.

I'm not trying to justify his cussing [b/c I cringe when I hear it xD]. All I'm saying is that one should respect his album and not disregard the whole song b/c of a cuss word. One shouldn't bash another's work of art without legitimate reasons. And isn't Korean Dream the only song on the album where he himself cusses once? =_= [correct me if I'm wrong.] And btw, I haven't heard him cuss on GDTV yet.

• Replies 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dropping in to say that I REALLY LOVE "The Leader", it's my FAVORITE in GD's album. I usually don't dig rap, but wow, this song is so catchy and I love CL's rap like crazy. I think she stole the spotlight, LOL.

Overall, I enjoyed his album. <3

Guest TaiTsuki

So basically, I don't think he had a sudden change of heart. Plus, this is his SOLO album. The marketing audience is obviously different. Big Bang songs don't have cuss words b/c they are marketed to a larger, broader audience. But I feel like GD's solo album is more intimate; to the hardcore fans, but mostly, music lovers. So he's going to step it up a notch on terms of expressing what he really wants to express. Which means... he is less conscious of being on the "safe side" [like he is for BB music] and is truly using his solo album as an opportunity for self expression.

Amen.

I totally understand and I agree to the fullest level. I have no problem with cussing in a song.

To me, music is a way to express oneself. Even here, the lyrics that have meaning have cuss words in it.

Look at Drake and his songs.

GD fans, no matter what, will support him all the way.

And I am happy that he didn't hold anything in and censored it.

This is the way we can truly feel closer to him and understand him that much more.

This whole censorship and plagerism is bugging me.

Stop fussing and listen. Music is music. If we don't repeat some tones then music would have died a long time ago.

2czy9w1.jpg

24yv8sp.jpg

22hqb.jpg

smth2009033010572530105.jpg

Guest jhshinee

Hi. :] I'm wouldn't call myself an "obsessed" fan, but I LOVE his album, so here goes:

I mean, I don't like cussing myself and I understand your standpoint, but I don't think he had a "sudden change of heart." B/c first of all, he has been in YG since he was a kid, so he's been surrounded by hip hop artistes AND hip hop music, where there tends to be more cussing. xD And btw, in La La La [bB's debut song], in the beginning, it goes:

me and my crew can only bust with the real richard simmons

(all) we, we, we, we like the real richard simmons

all my peeps they like the real richard simmons

That's like... mini cooper 7 times. :]

I'm not trying to justify his cussing [b/c I cringe when I hear it xD]. All I'm saying is that one should respect his album and not disregard the whole song b/c of a cuss word. One shouldn't bash another's work of art without legitimate reasons. And isn't Korean Dream the only song on the album where he himself cusses once? =_= [correct me if I'm wrong.] And btw, I haven't heard him cuss on GDTV yet.

I guess you failed to realize that there is also a clean version of la la la where you dont hear those words where as this album there isnt one is there? So I rest my case on that. We cant get an option on not hearing him drop the f bombs on this. Before people were saying his album wasnt for the fans im sure he thinks it is. Now they are using the term self expression. Sorry not buying it here.

Guest chopsticksandspoon

I knew some obsessed fan would try to defend his disrespectful actions well thats to be expected on soompi I suppose.

I call them obsessed fans because its so easy to point that fact out.

And I told you once before if you dont like my posts you dont have to read them but apparently you love what I have to say.

And I agree GD's fans are very creative probably more so than he himself.

I guess you failed to realize that there is also a clean version of la la la where you dont hear those words where as this album there isnt one is there? So I rest my case on that.

Apparently, I am obsessed because I disagree with you. Great logic.

Also, you call people obsessed fans because they point out the most obvious reason. Very great logic. If I point out the second most obvious reason, I won't be obsessed then? I'll remember that next time, thank you.

The reason as to why people keep on replying to you is because they have the right to say their own opinion as much as you do on GD's album. Also, if new fans or people who don't really know who GD is will come to the thread and read your posts, of course, it will affect their thinking and may be close minded on some issues in the future.

Yes, because they take the album cover and pour plastics and paint all over it makes them more creative than someone who wrote, composed and produced said album. Again, very great logic.

My gawd, your reasoning is... O_O?

If you want to argue, cause I can see that you do, just PM me, cause this is really going nowhere with your thinking.

I just think that when he wrote songs for BB, he probably didn't have the freedom to write more explicit lyrics because they have a different, younger demographic. Heartbreaker is his solo project so he's free to include songs/work that wouldn't fit the BB image.

YG did say in an interview a few months back before the release of GD's ablum that,

"There were many songs that GD wrote that we cannot include in Big Bang's album because it does not fit Big Bang's image. Hopefully, this chance for him to release his solo album will let everyone see his true colors and this time, he'll be able to show us his true style."

It's not exactly like that but yes, that's what YG said. I can't really just backtrack and look for the article in Bigbang's thread.

You don't know if he's cussed this much before cause 1, he's never released his own album. He's cussed in some collabs he's done. 2, there was never a GDTV. This is the first time you see their true characters, aside from their documentary. You really can't expect him to be perfect all the time. If you don't like him cussing, don't listen to that specific song with the cussing. There's nothing you can do about GD's personality. If he wants to cuss, he'll cuss. He could care less what people say -- look at the clothes he wears. People bash on it all the time, but does he change it? No.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm not saying you're right either.

Rawr, still waiting for the next MV!

First, she does not watch GDTV, I think you know the reason. The same reason as to why she keeps on hating on GD and yet she loves some of his songs (the very same reaon as to why her name is like that and her avatar is that person). So no point in mentioning GDTV. I doubt she even knew about Big Bang's documentary.

Can't be perfect all the time. Well, he isn't even perfect anytime. And yes, he basically doesn't care. Everything he's doing has been issues right from the very start, and he's still at it.

I say she's wrong.

Yes, I am... waiting!!!! For the MV. But more so, I am waiting for GDTV and Inkigayo.

Guest chibi_ryou

I guess you failed to realize that there is also a clean version of la la la where you dont hear those words where as this album there isnt one is there? So I rest my case on that. We cant get an option on not hearing him drop the f bombs on this. Before people were saying his album wasnt for the fans im sure he thinks it is. Now they are using the term self expression. Sorry not buying it here.

Actually, I did realize that there is a clean version. But in some of the live performances, GD actually said the word while the bg music is "shhh~"

Anyway, that's not the point. All I'm saying is that just b/c you don't like hearing the cuss words doesn't mean you have to disregard/criticize him as an artiste. Instead of picking at the details, maybe you should look at the big picture; the album as a whole. And if the album isn't for self expression, what else is it for? All art is for the expression of something. -_- For fans, obviously, but mostly for himself. If it wasn't for mostly himself, he would care about not having cuss words in his songs. But he's someone who's been waiting to put out his music for a long time and he finally gets the chance too.

You said, "we can't get an option on not hearing him drop the f bombs on this." Actually there is an option: just don't listen to those songs and you won't be hearing him drop f bombs. (There are only 2: Korean Dream & The Leaders =_=)

My gawd, your reasoning is... O_O?

lol xD.... exactly what i was just thinking... o.o

Anywayyy! I'll stop here. :) I don't usually post, but when someone's degrading another's hard work, it's disheartening. -_-

Can't wait until GD's debut stage! :D

Guest sweetflower

jhshinee - stop being such a prick. Ever hear of 'those who do not sin shall throw the first rock'? BTW, what country do you live in? Because compared to American artists, GD is pretty light on cuss words. In fact, I bet you that a lot of idols do cuss too (and not just GD, in fact TOP cusses more than GD does on GDTV).

It's also true that GD shouldn't cuss b/c the audience is generally younger; however, songs with cuss words do contain "parental" warning on the label - the audience willingly purchased the album knowing before hand what to expect so the blame should not be place on GD anyway.

And yes, I'm one of GD's obsessed fans (and proud of it), but just b/c I'm obsessed does not mean that I lack common sense.

A quote from jhshinee: "And I told you once before if you dont like my posts you dont have to read them but apparently you love what I have to say" --> fans, just listen to his/her advice and skip his/her post, it's pointless to say anything in opposition to his/her post b/c he/she is one of those hard-core groupie of an idol group (shinee) that tries to bash and bring down other idol groups. This will be my last personal post to that individual - dear individual, have a good life.

Guest TaiTsuki

First of all. I know you dislike GD. More like it feels like it cause you keep putting him down.

I read the post where you don't think he is a music genius.

It's fine, think what you want. But it is obvious you don't know him well enough.

Not that I claim to know him well.

I know enough to say that he is serious about his music.

So what if he cusses? He should be allowed to. It makes his music more him.

He is also a rapper. Name one rapper that have good lyrics that doesn't cuss.

Epik High cusses in their songs and so does 1TYM. Well At least I think about 1TYM, correct me if I am wrong.

GD's songs have Beautiful Breathtaking lyrics and that is why, to me, he is a musical genuis.

Anyways. I think we should just all ignore and move on.

Let's not get this thread in trouble.

I am wondering when he is going to release Breathe MV. Haha I feel like I might have a heartattack watching it.

Question. does anyone know his promotion plans?

whooo!!! this thread is so heating up... gdragon is sure the talk of the town huh??? lets keep the peace in here... if anyone here has anything has anything bad to say about gd or whatever...keep it to yourself... but yeah i guess all this talk shows how powerful gdragon is.... whoo!

oh yeah i cant get enough of his album either... geez its too sexy lol

i wasn't really looking forward to this since i thought it was gonna be all rap (i love gd's rapping and all but i get tired of all rap songs fast) and i was kinda scared by his new look but after looking at his new mv, i got over it xD

i just listened to a few songs off his new album and it's been on replay ever since

hopefully they'll have it at the korean supermarket i go to so i could get a copy ahaha

i really love his rap in the leaders it's so light and flowy? lol

and he included his fav. quote in there 'too fast to live too young to die'

and the G G G baby baby<3

Since Idk Korean, what exactly does GD curse?

Is it allowed in here?

Like just tell me what the korean word equals to, compared to English/American curse.

IE: Korean curse word = Mofo or SOB or etc...

I'm just curious so I can place my own opinion on it to myself.

But yes, regardless what it may be, why should cursing/swearing label a person as "bad/negative?"

Of course you don't want a 5 year old saying those words but then again you can't protect and censor this whole world of chaos. Eventually it'll surface, so then why not surface through GD's awesomeness? Haha, nah but really, sometimes you're super excited that you curse too but it doesn't mean a bad thing or when you accidently hit yourself with the hammer instead of the nail and the only way to release how you feel is by cursing, which actually does help the pain but that doesn't make you the devil. Of course GD is different from us, that's why I like...er...ove...umm him, but his human emotions are still the same as us, so shouldn't we be able to relate to that and how our expressions work?

Make sense? Ahh, nvm. =)

@jhshinee: idk whether you have heard this song or not..this is an old song..not very old actually..called "what" (I'm so in love with this song..awesome)featuring GD,Teddy and CL..it's similar to "the leaders"...GD cursed in this song too...so I just want to let you know..so that you will not come here and start complaining again when you listen to this song...

anyways..no news about the new MV at all???????...this is really killing me..*died*...hahahahaha

Digital Music Award(August):

viewimagef.jpg

credit:DCGD

i don't think he can win this award..bc "heartbreaker" was released too late...but I hope he can win for Sept DMA

to whoever doesn't like his song..DON'T LISTEN to it...it's so simple..^^..don't come here and ruin other people mood bc you don't how much happiness GD/BB gives to me..please^^..I'm just a normal person who is just enjoying their music^^

aigoo..I was saying silly stuff.hahahahaha

EDIT:I just saw a Korean news article..I think GD is going to perform on SBS on 6th of September..maybe I'm wrong..idk..can someone confirm this?????*wrong guess*..hehehehehe...

aigoo..I keep writing useless thing today...hahahahaha..sorry guys^^

Guest TaiTsuki

blahblah87: He only cuss in two songs.

Leaders, towards the end where Teddy and CL was speaking, they said the S word.

It wasn't even GD that said it

And in Korean Dream:

double raider e born neither yo

gd still on the big jo

소심한 A형 완벽주의자

that`s me big bang gd one

청년들이여 이 세상은 너의 것

future mother john teshing and sick on

망해도 보다 더 한것도

별 있는 조롱 leader들의 소통

Lyrics credit to j i w o n.

Listen to that part and you can tell hehe ^__^

GDCL: I totally forgot he did in that song!

Heheh. Waiting for his album to show up in my mailbox ah~

My favorite song right now is either Butterfly or She's gone.

Beautiful lyrics.

Waiting for his MV to come out!

Want his promotions to start now

V haha the person who put up the lyrics censored it.

But it is suppose to be mother f------- yeah you get it right? haha

future mother john teshing and sick on

I'm not even sure I understand what that's suppose to mean or maybe I do and I'm not sure why that was sung/said since I don't know what GD is talking about.

But it's okay, I figure anyone who never swears/curse must be a saint.

And I don't see GD as a saint, besides who doesn't dream of a bad boy. ;)

Guest chopsticksandspoon

A quote from jhshinee: "And I told you once before if you dont like my posts you dont have to read them but apparently you love what I have to say" --> fans, just listen to his/her advice and skip his/her post, it's pointless to say anything in opposition to his/her post b/c he/she is one of those hard-core groupie of an idol group (shinee) that tries to bash and bring down other idol groups. This will be my last personal post to that individual - dear individual, have a good life.

thank you.

Epik High cusses in their songs and so does 1TYM. Well At least I think about 1TYM, correct me if I am wrong.

GD's songs have Beautiful Breathtaking lyrics and that is why, to me, he is a musical genuis.

I am wondering when he is going to release Breathe MV. Haha I feel like I might have a heartattack watching it.

Yes, EH does and 1TYM does and Jinusean does and every other rappers do. Basically everyone who creates their own music who raps and are, you know, hiphop in genre.

I think his lyrics are beautiful because he writes them based on experiences. He exhausts his feelings into lyrics.

I don't think if you guys will care but one of the most popular contributions of Freud to psychology is his idea of Coping Mechanisms.

Sublimation: is channeling energy to socially acceptable activities like writing and singing and dancing and such.

[my psych book]

So there, I hope people will just understand that it's an outlet. Okay? Okay.

Since Idk Korean, what exactly does GD curse?

Is it allowed in here?

Like just tell me what the korean word equals to, compared to English/American curse.

IE: Korean curse word = Mofo or SOB or etc...

He actually curses in English in the songs.

Like in Korean Dream he said Mofo

As for the curse words in Korea.. well, i don't think it's necessary to discuss here as it's not really related to GD much but if you want, you can search it :)

Or PM me. Soompi has a filter for wear words.

Guest hannahrangiku

i love the song she's gone. it's like a hiphoip rocker song and i'm totally loving the beat.

needless to say the collaboration with young bae in korean dream was awesome.

but the leaders is the leaders of the songs!!!! i think teddy and gd wrote that for the wanna be's who tries to copy them. haha. sore losers! but i really wish gd would have a comeback immediately. shucks.. if not for the president. condolences btw....

Guest ChrisDayo

Hi everyone. I'm new to this topic :D

Let me just say G-Dragon's album blew me away. I've been playing it non stop.

The man knows how to make music!

My favs are Boy, Heart Breaker, Leaders, and Korean Dream.

I really liked the video for heart breaker too. The style and everything was very interesting.

He's just too cool hands down. I def can't wait till he starts doing perfs.

I found it funny that they really were sneaky about showing the girls face.

Ya barely get a glimps at the whole thing. ha ha

Oh and about the swearing thing it really wasn't even that bad.

I mean they cussed on 2ne1 tv(when the dog was pooping) and they didn't even bleep it out.

So why should a big deal be made about the song. aigooo

Man I'm def liking G-Dragon more than before. He's just too cool for mere words.

An amazingly unique fellow. Plus the blond hair works for him.

Guest jeanlamhp

i'm kind of new here but i read everything in GD's thread and BB's thread...

coz i'm not korean and english is not my first lang ...

so i havent posted anything much, although i'm obsessed with GD...

i notice that jhshinee right? whatever.... always always puts GD down ( kinda STUBBORN)... she picks up every single little thing to ruin everybody's mood...

u have ur own theory but dont force others to agree with u esp that theory is so wrong (that's why there are alot of pp here against u ... see!!!)

since this is a public site so pp can express their own opinions....

But doestn mean that u can write whatever u want ... (hey if u can express urself like that ... then dont mind if GD expresses himself in his own works)

PLEASE think before u write

think where u are

think who u are talking with

then think of pp like u bashing shinee in shinee's thread, that will hurt u alot then dont hurt pp like that

i know we should stop arguing but i'm afraid that pp will misunderstand GD by reading those negative comments

at the first time i came to BB's thread and GD's thread, i was really affected by reading the posts of 'maried' and 'jnshinee' and i felt extremly anxious and upset, although i did do search about GD for a long time then became his fan.

but now im used to these threads and everytime i see their comments i ignore ...

this doesnt mean that i'm obessed with him so much that i dont know what is right what is wrong

but those kinds of posts just showed how they dont appreciate pp's hard work, how they dont accept pp's awesomeness

and especially that is a really really amazing album, if i'm an english speaker, i can spend my whole day praising his album

for the first time in my life i love every single song in an album (oh second time..Leona's album...1st)

and feel very proud of him

GD he doesnt have an excellent voice but his voice is unique

he knows how to use his voice in songs

rapping is quite boring for pp who dont like hiphop

but i dont feel bored at all when listening to his songs ..

his rapping is very attractive and skillful...

the melody, the lyrics... i'm speechless

and GD's personality, how can u expect a human becomes a God

each member in BB has their own personality,

this is not a first time hearing him cursing though

he s showed us himself little by little since BB's debut time till now

so that's not a problem at all.

there is only a few keeping complaining about him but everyone here support GD all the way and i feel it very strong so very thankful to that.

Archived