Kare Wa Tomodachi

Guest sweetgirl_121

Guest sweetgirl_121

aka. He is a Friendkare-wa-tomodachi-1510224.jpg
and here I thought that there is no hope for shoujo manga (specially high school setting shoujo), Kare wa tomodachi has proved me wrong. It may start very typical but what set it part from other shoujo manga is the heroine, Hiyori who is honest and straightforward, u will love her

summery:In her 3rd year of middle school, Hiyori has had a crush on Mizuno, who is in the classroom next door. It was at a time like that when a seating change happened, and she ended up sitting right next to Sasamoto, who is Mizuno’s childhood friend. She finds this out and she decides to ask for his help. However, Sasamoto, who was supposed to be just a friend, starts to develop feelings…?! credit: manga update.

where I can I find KWT:
online viewing: http://manga.animea.net/kare-wa-tomodachi.html
downloading: http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/4944

Volumes: 7 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=13833
lkare_wa_tomodachi_v005_-_001.jpg

Damn! I'm only by chapter 4 and it's soo good!

Too bad not all 5 Volumes have been scanlated! But still, there are like 3 Volumes scanlated, right? Thanks for the recommendation! It's really interesting~~

And you're right, the main girl is cool. =)

Okay I finished Volume 2 and dun dun dun!!! Hell has broken lose!!!

When Fujisaki and Sasamoto got together at the end of Volume 1 and I saw that there were still 5 Volumes left, I thought, damn, there are going to be some messed up love quadrangle issues now and I was right!!!

I can't believe Kotone. I mean, at first I was really determined not to hate her since she was being hated by all the girls in her school and I was thinking, wow, those girls are just jealous of her, poor girl. But she was soo annoying in Volume 2. What is her deal? When she told Sasamoto that Yuuma liked Fujisaki, she was lying right? Why would Yuuma like Fujisaki out of the blue?? Whatever.

At the same time, I'm glad Fujisaki found out Sasamoto slept with Kotone because I really didn't like it when he lied to her and told her he didn't. I know Kotone did it out of malice, but I'm still glad she did. Sasamoto really regrets he slept with her and it was a mistake but I still think it's really really low to sleep with your best friend's crush! But still, what type of guy tells another guy to take care of his girl just cause he can't stand up to some jealous fangirls? He didn't want to ruin his reputation or something?!

Whatever, regardless, I still like this manga. The art is nice and I do want to see what happens next. It reminds me a tiny little bit like Bokura no Ita, but I couldn't stand seeing Bokura no Ita. I can stand reading this manga to the end though.

So I'm going to read the chapters in Volume 3 that have been scanlated now! =)

Okay~ I'm caught up! I read up to Volume 3 Chapter 11!

The break up was sad between Sasamoto and Fujisaki. Is Sasamoto retarded? How can you get manipulated into going out with someone you don't like?! And now that Kotone saw Yuuma with Fujisaki she probably will switch over to Yuuma again. She just wants what she doesn't have.

About the end of Chapter 11, I don't think Yuuma did anything to Fujiwara. I like him. But at the same time I don't know who I want Fujisaki to end up with. But Fujisaki is a reasonable girl. I trust she will make a wise decision. I think she's the one saving this manga.

We'll see what happens~~ I think this manga is getting scanlating quickly according to mangaupdates.com! Yay!

Guest Misao

ooo thanks for the reccomend! :) i just finished reading all the the scanlations.. GAHHH the kotome girl is such a fjdfjdkjfskdf she kinda reminded me of sae in peach girl (when she was evil)

waaaaah~~~ I`m such a sucker for manga like this =.=

anyways thanks for the recommendation, I had it on my wishlist surprisingly. But I guess since I had too much to read, I forgot about checking out my wish list. After seeing the thread, this made me now check it out for reals...

anyways, when I first read the few pages of chapter 1, I thought the design was similar. It was the same mangaka of 99% Cacao. (and that's prolly the reason why I unknowingly had it on my wishlist) I enjoyed reading 99% Cacao so I immediately thought that I would like this too and I was not wrong :D

Back to the story,,,,,,, Kotone is such a beeeeeeeech. auugh seriously, there's still people like her living in this day and age? I really didn't understand her going back and forth between guys and why these guys actually follow whatever Kotone does.

And when Sasamoto broke up with Hiyori and I was like, okay that's it, he's really stupider than I imagined him to be -_- I thought he was stupid enough to sleep with Kotone but breaking up with the one you love for her??? :angry:

However, I actually quite curious when and how Sasamoto fell for Hiyori. I hope there will be like sidestory to that since it didnt really show that scene ^^

I don't mind rooting for Mizuno too since I can feel that he's gradually falling for her but its like friendship over love for him -_- I don't think he`ll have the nerve to touch Hiyori at her weakest...

And oh her, that phone call from Kotone 24/7 to Hiyori was really distrurbing :wacko: shows you how much love obsession can drive you crazy and push people to their limits

So yea, looking forward to see more chapters ^^

Guest sweetgirl_121

Whatever, regardless, I still like this manga. The art is nice and I do want to see what happens next. It reminds me a tiny little bit like Bokura no Ita, but I couldn't stand seeing Bokura no Ita. I can stand reading this manga to the end though.

I can understand where BGI comparison is coming from, both manga have a realistic feeling to it, and both tell a story of a modern love relationship, and I absolutely agree with u all with that kotone, she need a visit to a psychiatrist

^

Yeah it reminded me of Bokura ga Ita because of when the main guy sleeps with his ex girlfriend's sister or something. But I couldn't finish Bokura ga Ita cause I got really mad at the main guy and the main girl was kinda weak.

But in Kara Wa Tomodachi I feel that Hiyori is a really strong girl so I still want to read this manga! =)

• 1 month later...

NEW CHAPTER IS OUT :D

heh, I knew I was right, lol, I knew Mizuno cannot touch Hiyori at her weakest but that scene was abit hilarious though and how he reason out what happened.

and my anger towards Sasamoto is piling up. LMAO. Honestly, "I broke up with her cuz she's happy without me" Really? Wow. and auuuuugh, do I have to mention how much I hate Kotone? I hope not :P

Anywaysssssssss~ I'm thinking the next chapter, Hiyori will see Sasamoto and Kotone making out or something like that. I just have the feeling.

Guest milkygoodness

yeah it really does have a ^bokura ga ita feel, or nana feel to me because of how its more realistic as in like a kind of.. corrupted twisted love than the usual pure shoujo.. ah and i'm loving this manga, thanks heaps for sharing hehe (: its so curazy.. never know which way its gonna turn ahh!

Hi all my beloved manga Friends,

can anybody help me i can´t find the manga in the link where i can read it!! Please can you help me i really really want to read it!! :rolleyes:

:o

Im reading Hatenkou Yuugi right now, but this will be on my manga list to read afterwards! The plot sounds cliche, but I've good comments about this as well, so Im gonna give it a try :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

CHAPTER 13 OUT!!! :D

Oh my, I didn't know that this manga was still ongoing. It's now at 6th book. I thought it would only have 4 books.... =.=

Anyways GAAAH! another Kotone-beeeeootch chapter. :angry: Hating her to the fullest, to the maximum, to the infinity. good thing she's way prettier than Yamamoto Yuri of Bokura Ga Ita. LOL. I wonder if Ren will make it in time.

• 6 months later...
Guest ~fantasygurl~

it's a good manga but wow so mature ;) already doing that in middle school and all whoa what has the world come to?

I like how the manga-ka make them go into highschool too and hoping college too lol

Guest cinjin

I'm reading this manga right now. Actually pretty interesting :D.

I love Hiyori and Mizuno; the only characters that I look forward to seeing. I get so annoyed when I see Sasamoto and Kotone; I can't stand seeing them. Sasamoto is a fricking idiot who needs to grow a pair and Kotone has major mental problems. At this point, I'm totally rooting for it to be a Hiyori and Mizuno ending. Mizuno is such a good guy, he deserves someone like her D:.

I finally got what Sasamoto meant when he said that all the girls he dated had something in common. How they all liked Mizuno first; they ask Sasamoto for help; they start dating and then they break up because Mizuno was who they actually liked. It's probably because Kotone keeps butting into the relationship :|.

^ You might change your mind about Mizuno later.

I've read all of it. It has seven volumes (:

Serious spoiler, do not read if you don't want to be spoiled or if you haven't read the sixth volume.

Mizuno's an richard simmons, really. They had sex and she had a miscarriage. He was like, "How can I be sure that it's my child and not Ren's?" Ren was in the room and he got super angry. He wanted to take responsibility. Seriously, he's a sweetheart.

Archived