So... Do You Think This Is Indeed How Things Are?

mintcracker

How sad.
A pretty girl only needs to be pretty and not a huge bit ch to get guys falling over themselves to ask her out, while a non pretty- average- alittle below average can have a super kick richard simmons personality, and most often than not, IT STILL often does not make up for lack of looks, thus guys don't get interested =( or if they do, it takes ages and is kinda rare.

I kinda noticed this and it's really sad. That all a pretty girl needs to do is not be a huge beech, if they're somewhat nice, then it's like HOT DAYUM I LIKE HER. :(

I sound really cynical.

It's sad bc I can really overlook a guy's looks for his personality.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Apple.Mint

well um..

so i guess umm..you're right to a certain point i supposed =]

i mean these sort of things are not absolute but it is true

pretty girls have it easier, but they have to be somewhat outgoing too

if they're shy then it's um..iono how to say it right now lol soo sleepy, but a confident and outgoing pretty girl will win over a shy and timid pretty girl lol

ppl often say personalities attracts them but i will say bs to that

looks is what attracts them, and then personalities keeps them =] so yes..pretty girls attracts guys

i got no idea what ims aying O.O

Sadly, that's true in a way... Unless the average looking girl can somehow hold the guy's attention for a while to get him to notice her awesome personality... And even then they'd just look at her as a really close friend... And people wonder why women get plastic surgery.

How depressing.

BUT if the pretty girl is jsut acting to be nice to get the guys, I mean, her true colors will come out sooner or later! And if life was a drama the guy would realize how awesome the average girl is and go run into her arms.

HAHAHA. Being awake at 3 AM really does no good to my head.

Guest twenty4k

It's not just about the looks but the chemistry as well. Even if you were the ugliest duckling in this planet, it is still possible for feelings to be ignited between you and the person you like. And that's all that matters then. But I wouldn't let my self esteem run too low to a point where it shows because then, people would be more preoccupied with your awkwardness than you. Sometimes it's not even the personality or the looks, (as absurd as it is) but rather the vibe the person gives off/ the things they do. Ahh.. I don't know how to explain this. It's just people. Sure some people have looks and personalities that just seem to really stand out. But we shouldn't forget that everyone of us is unique, and as cliche as this sounds, each of us has something different to offer to the world. The person who notices you will see your beauty in their own perspectives. Theres a difference between an attractive personality and just a good (for lack of better words) personality... unless your some sort of villian/wierdo, I don't see why the person who feels the chemistry with you can't accept your personality. Call me an idealist or whatever.

^ Yea, it's all about chemistry.

And evolution.

From the stone age...

Girls go for guys with ambition and smarts because he's the supporter of the family.

Guys go for looks because of reproduction and good genes. -_-

YOU CAN'T BEAT THE SYSTEM!

Guest vitalrain

Maybe the guy doesn't like that super pretty girl's personality that much, but because of her stunning looks, he wants to ignore things he doesn't like about her personality, as long as her personality is tolerable to him..? Just a guess.

I've felt kind of infatuated this way before, but with a really attractive guy instead of a girl. I thought he was really attractive without knowing that much about his personality, and it's rare for me to feel that way. His personality was "alright" but he doesn't have the two qualities that I usually want in guys...and I can't feel really feel too much attraction unless a guy has those two qualities [of course just because he has those 2 things, doesn't mean I'll automatically like him though]. But anyways, my feelings quickly faded lol, and I knew they were going to fade quickly anyways.

I don't know how other people think. Perhaps physical appearance is really important for some guys to feel attracted to a girl and to be able to love her. *shrug* Whatever, doesn't affect me.

Guest gkstmdhQk

You didn't think of it from guy's POV.

Guy's are also the same.

If your personality sucks (very shy, this and that, that and this) then he won't get any chance.

It's the same.

and mind you IMO personality is far more harder to improve than looks.

Of course maybe everyone can be an ulzzang, but they can definitely improve their looks.

Life's unfair.

PLUS, you might think being pretty is good.

but you don't know the bad side of being a pretty girl.

Guest mince

yeah i can agree that the pretty ones do need a 'nice' personality to get everyone all over them, but who cares.

life doesnt really revolve around whether you've got admirers all over you, right?

Guest Uverstar

ohohoho my god is this so so true haha

though I go for the girls with giant awesome personalities rather than looks XD [comics and gamer girl =awesome] :D

now i'm off to sleep..well for a nap I'm tired :(

Guest KanyeWEST

the problem is not the guys, its the girls. if you're obviously sub par in looks, lower your god damn standards.

go say hey to the fat guy with multiple chins, or go say hey to the creepy smelly guy that is sorta charming.

oh yeah, and dont be fat.

Guest KanyeWEST

what has virgins gotta do with the topic?

you know like virgin airlines? jesus christ, pay attention to your own thread for gods sake.

Guest ChingGoo

yeah i agree! this isn't fair. Often it's her looks that interests me to get to know her more. =\ & if she isn't pretty enough i only talk to her on a friend level never considering anything more.

Guest itrayya

:(

it's okay.

i see that things are like that sometimes.

but then you just have to have faith that a guy out there

will really look for a girl with personality first. at least one.

positive thinking only allowed!!!

just never step lower than where you are even if it's unfair.

i think personality rocks way more than look.

cause when you're done looking, they get boring? lol.

Archived