Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest putasmileon

Japanese Discussion 日本語の討論会

Konnichiwa!

I know a lot of people learn Japanese (or at least.. before Soompi crashed) and I think this might be a good way to practice or strengthen your Japanese skills.

Personally, my Japanese isn't perfect, but I have been studying Japanese since 6th grade to 12th grade and I have lived and attended attended college in Japan for a year now. I think this is a chance for everybody to help each other, including any native speakers who can perfect my Japanese grammar and such.

Well, I hope this is a constructive post where people can help each other with Japanese and get to know other people that speak Japanese (and perhaps at the same level)..

In order to allow all members on Soompi to participate, I recommened using Romaji also in addition to Hiragana/Kanji/Katakana.

But in order to reduce spamming on this post, I think it's better to have conversations with individual members via PM. :-D However, feel free to put Japanese news, ask questions about Japanese, etc.

Feel free to PM me and start a conversation in Japanese, I'm here to help :-D

皆さん今日は!香港に住んでいます.この先に、日本の名古屋市に住んでいました.よろしくお願いします!

Hello everyone! I live in Hong Kong. Before, I lived in Nagoya. Nice to meet you!

Please don't have conversations in this thread. Because you don't want to create spam, please use the PM service. Thanks a lot!

-------------------------------------------

If you are learning Japanese or want to begin learning Japanese, I have posted up some links (adding more as I find them): for reference, Hiragana and Katakana are the traditional Japanese writing script. please learn those first before you learn vocabulary or even attempting Kanji :-D

Learn Hiragana!

Learn Katakana!

Basic Vocabulary w/ Audio Files

Tae Kim's Guide to Japanese: A systematic and comprehensive guide to Japanese grammar, from very basic to highly advanced. I really recommend this site to anyone who wants a deeper understanding of Japanese grammar or needs to review their stuff.

http://www.guidetojapanese.org/

The WWWJDIC online Japanese database, which provides a huge online electronic dictionary that has example sentences and stroke order, as well as the ability to search for kanji characters by their radicals, and much much more!

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wwwjdic.html

A very excellent grammar database, more thorough than anything else you'll find on the web (except for maybe Tae Kim's guide). Also very useful for studying for the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test)

http://www.jgram.org/

A translator that does English <-> Japanese as well as Korean <-> Japanese (both ways). Online translations really aren't that great, this should only be used for reference and not taken as an accurate method of translation.

http://alice-group.amikai.com/amitext/indexUTF8.jsp

A reading tutor website that has different articles, stories, and essays in Japanese catergorized by difficulty. Each article etc. comes with a word bank on the right that lists all the words used in the article.

http://contest.thinkquest.gr.jp/tqj1999/20190/index.html

A good website for studying everyday vocabulary

http://www.languageguide.org/nihongo/

Hi, I'm writing an introduction about myself for my Japanese class.Can someone please translate this in both romanji and hirigana?

This year I will be 18 years old. I can speak English. Chinese, Vietnamese, and I little bit of Japanese. I am a fast learner, and one day I will learn how to speak Japanese fluently.

Thanks!

Hi, I'm writing an introduction about myself for my Japanese class.Can someone please translate this in both romanji and hirigana?

This year I will be 18 years old. I can speak English. Chinese, Vietnamese, and I little bit of Japanese. I am a fast learner, and one day I will learn how to speak Japanese fluently.

Thanks!

今年(ことし)18歳(さい)になります。私(わたし)は英語(えいご)と中国語(ちゅうごくご)とベトナム語(ご)、それから少(すこ)しだけですが日本語(にほんご)が話(はな)せます。私(わたし)は覚(おぼ)えが良いので、いつかは流暢(りゅうちょう)に日本語(にほんご)が話(はな)せるようになると思(おも)います。

kotoshi 18 sai ni narimasu. watashi wa eigo to chuugokugo to betonamugo, sorekara sukoshi dake desuga nihongo ga hanasemasu. watashi wa oboe ga ii node, itsuka wa ryuuchou ni nihongo ga hanaseru youni naru to omoimasu.

im a japanese native speaker:P

こんにちは みんなさん!

はじめまして。

私は独学で日本語を勉強している大学生です。高校生のごろ日本語に興味があって勉強を始めました。

ずっと一人で日本語を勉強してたのでつまらないです。。。 

日本語がとても苦手でペンパルを探しています。

インターネットで本名を使うのが嫌いなのでwoofと言います。

よろしくお願いします!

PMで話しましょう!^_^。

( 自己紹介はわかりますか? 自己紹介を書くことがとても難しかったですよ! blush.gif )

can anyone help me translate this T_T ?

There was a blind man that boarded the bus one day.

Everyone got out of their seats and help him sit down.

The bus driver was very kind and asked the man where his bus stop was.

Once we got to the stop, the bus driver apologized to everyone.

He then got off the bus, and helped the blind man cross the road. 

Afterwards, he came back and apologized again. 

Hello! :)
Can someone help me translate this, please? 
最近、走ることに目覚めてしまいました!!
といっても、川沿いをマイペースにジョギングするだけなのですが、、、、。

昔は長距離走が大嫌いだったはずのあたしが、走ることがとても楽しくなるとは、人生わからないものです。

せっかくちょっと健康的な習慣が出来たので、このまま続けていこうと思います!

春には、「いくら走っても疲れません!!」って言えるくらい、体力のある女性になっていたいです。 

This is exactly what I was looking for because I just started teaching myself how to speak Japanese.
I'm still a super beginner and just finished learning both Hirigana and Katakana alphabets.
I hope to learn much more from this thread.

Could someone translate these phrases into Japanese for me? with romanji would help me. Please and thank you! I appreciate it

(at a restaurant)

"What is your specialty? I can’t read or speak Japanese, please recommend me a good dish with  the most affordable price"

"Is this spicy?"

"can you make it just a little bit spicy?"

"Can you make it really spicy?"

Our.Love.Melody said: Could someone translate these phrases into Japanese for me? with romanji would help me. Please and thank you! I appreciate it

(at a restaurant)

"What is your specialty? I can’t read or speak Japanese, please recommend me a good dish with  the most affordable price"
nihongo wakarimasen kara, tegoro na osumume o oshiete kudasai.

"Is this spicy?"
kore wa karai desu ka?

sukoshi karakushite kudasai.

totemo karakushite kudasai.

Hi guys. I Just bought a leather jacket from Japan n I don't understand the washing instructions lol. I saw this on the washing tag ドライセキユ系. What does it mean? Dry clean? Thanks loads!

jcwc said: Hi guys. I Just bought a leather jacket from Japan n I don't understand the washing instructions lol. I saw this on the washing tag ドライセキユ系. What does it mean? Dry clean? Thanks loads!

*Aebi said: jcwc said: Hi guys. I Just bought a leather jacket from Japan n I don't understand the washing instructions lol. I saw this on the washing tag ドライセキユ系. What does it mean? Dry clean? Thanks loads!

echoism said: Our.Love.Melody said: Could someone translate these phrases into Japanese for me? with romanji would help me. Please and thank you! I appreciate it

(at a restaurant)

nihongo wakarimasen kara, tegoro na osumume o oshiete kudasai.

"Is this spicy?"
kore wa karai desu ka?

sukoshi karakushite kudasai.

totemo karakushite kudasai.

uh hey guys, Im like having a brain fart right now. I dont remember why では is needed.
ie. 中国と日本とではどちらの方がおおきですか。
- Between china and japan which choice is bigger. that's what it basically means
so the second と after 日本 means between right?
but i dont remember what では is for . T__T
oh yah this is comparison grammar.

thanks a lot guys~

Can somebody please translate these for me? This is a conversation between 2 guy friends, guy A went out to hang out & drink with some friends and now he is talking to his friend guy B who wasn't there in the hang-out

A: ちなみにメリッサ姉さんは今回もオレの隣で飲んでました

B: さすが姉御! 乗っかられないでね!

Can anybody please translate this for me? I bought a lucky bag online from Japan and this was on their website..I know it roughly has something to do with the lucky bags but Idk if its just me but it says something about presenting a coupon in store and my Jap is not good enough to know the specifics :(
I just want the cat ear beanie, could the coupon to be presented in store have to do with getting 2,000yen off?Please help ><

Is there any Japanese people living in the USA who I can interview for my project?I just need two people. I don't need personal information just your name and age. I will just ask about the japanese culture in general.