Japanese Discussion 日本語の討論会

Guest putasmileon

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for kanji... do you guys use traditional chinese or simplified?

Neither...Japanese kanji is different from both traditional or simplified. Generally you'll find that many characters are closer to traditional though, as Japanese characters were imported long before a movement to simplify Chinese characters started and Japan never really had a movement to simplify it's own characters, only to cut down on the amount used (especially after WWII) since Japanese can just substitute difficult kanji with hiragana or completely different kanji which aren't as difficult

「狐の嫁入り」 (きつね の よめいり)

どうゆうことだろ!日本の神話とかじゃよく分からんけど狐は本来狡猾な性格を持つ動物だから、お金のためでも名門の家に嫁ぐ女性を意味してるかな?

Guest i n c _ m p l e t e

Neither...Japanese kanji is different from both traditional or simplified.

What do you mean by that? For example, 討論 is Traditional Chinese for 'discuss' and written exactly the same in kanji with the same meaning, no?

Guest putasmileon

What do you mean by that? For example, 討論 is Traditional Chinese for 'discuss' and written exactly the same in kanji with the same meaning, no?

I think Tamago means that Japanese kanji isn't classified into Traditional or Simplified. Some kanji (like kuro, 黒) are not even Chinese characters. Sometimes, the kanji have different meanings (sometimes they may be similar, but a lot of the time, they are mutually unintelligible).

Trying to use that logic on every kanji though will only get you in trouble, as alot of Chinese learners of Japanese find out. There may be same characters in Japanese and Chinese but alot have completely different meanings. Japanese have no systematic way that their characters were simplified like Chinese do so changes can be completely random, and they do not follow the same rules with pronounciation do (1 syllable per character in Chinese, but in Japanese characters like 慮 have 4+ syllables when using the kun-yomi reading). It's incorrect to call them traditional Chinese or simpified Chinese because they aren't anymore, they're just Japanese.

heys.

can anyone translate this for me? i was emailing someone in japan and i said somethings in japanese and she replied but i'm not 100% sure what this means:

蟄譬縺螂縺阪〒縺吮飭

驕句虚縺繝繝繧縺繝舌ヨ繝溘Φ繝医Φ縺悟縺阪〒縺吮・

thank you for your help ^-^

Guest orangecake

梅雨の季節ですね。残念ですよ!

こん夏に香港に移動します。大変ですよ! 香港の良いアパートを探した方が本当に難しいですが、会社が香港島にアパートが探しました。凄いですよ!でも、日本から離れることが悲しいです。名古屋が大好きですよ。 :tears:

そっか。

夏からは香港なんだね。

なんか、夏の香港って、日本の梅雨並みに湿度がすごそう・・・。 :sweatingbullets:

体調に気をつけて、がんばってね。 :lol:

どうゆうことだろ!日本の神話とかじゃよく分からんけど狐は本来狡猾な性格を持つ動物だから、お金のためでも名門の家に嫁ぐ女性を意味してるかな?

ぶっぶ~。

はずれ。 B)

「狐の嫁入り」っていうのは、お天気のことです。

晴れてて、太陽が照ってるのに、細かい雨が降ってる状態。しかも、空を見上げても、雨雲はない。

不思議な気象現象で、原因はいろいろあるみたいね。

「お天気雨」「日照り雨」とも言います。

黒澤明監督の、「夢」っていう映画、みたことある? :)

heys.

can anyone translate this for me? i was emailing someone in japan and i said somethings in japanese and she replied but i'm not 100% sure what this means:

蟄ヲ譬。縺ッ螂ス縺阪〒縺吮飭

驕句虚縺ッ繝€繝ウ繧ケ縺ィ繝舌ヨ繝溘Φ繝医Φ縺悟・ス縺阪〒縺吮・

thank you for your help ^-^

The characters are broken and unreadable, on my computer they look like

蟄ヲ譬。縺ッ螂ス縺阪〒縺吮飭

驕句虚縺ッ繝€繝ウ繧ケ縺ィ繝舌ヨ繝溘Φ繝医Φ縺悟・ス縺阪〒縺吮・

Make sure your encoding is set to Japanese and that your computer has Japanese IME enabled.

ぶっぶ~。

はずれ。 B)

「狐の嫁入り」っていうのは、お天気のことです。

晴れてて、太陽が照ってるのに、細かい雨が降ってる状態。しかも、空を見上げても、雨雲はない。

不思議な気象現象で、原因はいろいろあるみたいね。

「お天気雨」「日照り雨」とも言います。

黒澤明監督の、「夢」っていう映画、みたことある? :)

ああちょっと間違えたなぁ :sweatingbullets: 実はそんな天気が好き、美しく晴れてて雨雲もないときに雨降ること

黒澤明の映画聞いたことない、リングやBattle Royale以外の日本の映画にあんま詳しくないなw

Guest orangecake

ああちょっと間違えたなぁ :sweatingbullets: 実はそんな天気が好き、美しく晴れてて雨雲もないときに雨降ること

黒澤明の映画聞いたことない、リングやBattle Royale以外の日本の映画にあんま詳しくないなw

リング・・・見てない。恐いの苦手なんだ。 :vicx:

Battle Royaleは見たけどね~。

実は私も黒澤監督の映画はそんなに見てない。だってたくさんあるんだもの。

でも、この「夢」はすごく好き。 :lol:

半分、環境ビデオ感覚で、よく見る。

とはいえ、全8話(オムニバス形式の映画なんだな)のうち、「第1話/日照り雨」・「第2話/桃畑」・「第8話/水車のある村」だけだけどね。 :sweatingbullets:

映像のきれいな、いやし系。 :lol:

・・・・・・世のクロサワマニアに怒られるな。 :sweatingbullets:

Hi all!

I am trying to teach myself Japanese. Can you guys recommend me any good book/tape/cd for that?

I am fluent in Korean so it'd be better if it was Korean book but English one is ok too.

Thanks =)

Guest putasmileon

Hi all!

I am trying to teach myself Japanese. Can you guys recommend me any good book/tape/cd for that?

I am fluent in Korean so it'd be better if it was Korean book but English one is ok too.

Thanks =)

I don't know any Korean books but for English, I highly recommend the following:

Situational Functional Japanese Volume 1: Notes

Situational Functional Japanese Volume 1: Drills

It's by Bojinsha Publisher... Tsukuba Language Group, I reckon? Anyway, if you get the books, you need the CD with it. I'm pretty sure you can buy it, but if not - I can send you the files. It prematurely uses hiragana (no romaji at all) so be sure to read the introduction and know the alphabets (BOTH hiragana and katakana). It may be helpful to write the romaji in. They also use kanji (in the first lesson I think...). If you need help, I've tutored with this book before so I have it all marked up.

Guest calcifer

what's the word for hypnotism? :huh:

催眠術

さいみんじゅつ

saiminjutsu ;)

リング・・・見てない。恐いの苦手なんだ。 :vicx:

Battle Royaleは見たけどね~。

実は私も黒澤監督の映画はそんなに見てない。だってたくさんあるんだもの。

でも、この「夢」はすごく好き。 :lol:

半分、環境ビデオ感覚で、よく見る。

とはいえ、全8話(オムニバス形式の映画なんだな)のうち、「第1話/日照り雨」・「第2話/桃畑」・「第8話/水車のある村」だけだけどね。 :sweatingbullets:

映像のきれいな、いやし系。 :lol:

・・・・・・世のクロサワマニアに怒られるな。 :sweatingbullets:

夢見たよ! ;)

環境ビデオ感覚で?ほんと! :w00t:

黒澤の作品の中では駄作だって言う人もいるけど、私も映像がとってもきれいだと思います!ゴッホの絵の中に入っていくんだよね! :)

BRすごく好き!暴力のせいで、勘違いされることが多いけど、強いメッセージが激しいバイオレンスを通じて描かれている傑作だよね!*thumb up x 10*

I don't know any Korean books but for English, I highly recommend the following:

Situational Functional Japanese Volume 1: Notes

Situational Functional Japanese Volume 1: Drills

It's by Bojinsha Publisher... Tsukuba Language Group, I reckon? Anyway, if you get the books, you need the CD with it. I'm pretty sure you can buy it, but if not - I can send you the files. It prematurely uses hiragana (no romaji at all) so be sure to read the introduction and know the alphabets (BOTH hiragana and katakana). It may be helpful to write the romaji in. They also use kanji (in the first lesson I think...). If you need help, I've tutored with this book before so I have it all marked up.

Thanks Putasmileon!

I will check that out.

Are you Japanese?

I wonder what would be easier for me ... to learn Japanese through Korean or English...

I am Fluent in Korean and Japanese is closer to Korean than to English.....

Guest orangecake

6月になりました~。

最近はあまり気にしないけど、もともと「着物(きもの)」は種類によって着る時期が決まってます。

形はいっしょなんだけど、生地が違うんだ。

冬は、ウールの着物、とか、夏は麻の着物、とか色々。

6月からは浴衣の季節が始まるので、この時期、デパートでは「浴衣フェア」なんてのをやってます。

今年の新作がいっせいに店頭に並ぶんだ~。

毎年は買わないけど、きれいな色の浴衣をみてると、それだけでわくわくしちゃう。 :lol:

浴衣だけじゃなく、着物を着る時の注意事項を紹介するね。

男性も、女性も、前あわせが決まってて、左側の生地を上にします。

洋服と違うでしょ?

たま~に、外国映画に登場する日本人が逆に着てることがあるけど、これは要注意!

なぜなら、右側の生地を上にするのは、死んだ人だけなんだ。

もしも、棺おけに入ってる日本人を見るチャンスがあったら、チェックしてみて。

・・・・・・不謹慎だね。怒られちゃう。 :sweatingbullets:

Thanks Putasmileon!

I will check that out.

Are you Japanese?

I wonder what would be easier for me ... to learn Japanese through Korean or English...

You could do either one..Even if you learned it through English you would still understand everything because you could translate it into Korean in your head. It would be better to learn it in Korean, but the problem is you're in the US (or some English speaking country) so the resources to learn Japanese in Korean aren't going to be great. And most of the best books and such are published in English anyways.

If you want to find resouces to learn Japanese through Korean just do a search on google in Korean. I can recommend you some English textbook though:

Japanese for Busy People (used frequently in extracurricular Japanese courses)

Genki (used by many university Japanese courses)

Japanese: The Spoken Language (used for hardcore Japanese courses)

I'd recommend Genki for starters, Japanese for Busy People is alittle too easy, and Japanese The Spoken Language is alittle too hard, so Genki is just right. If I ever help / tutor people with Japanese though I always use explanations from Japanese The Spoken Language though, it has the best grammar explanations, but I'm not sure if you'd need them or not seeing as you already know Korean and alot of the grammar is similar.

もしも、棺おけに入ってる日本人を見るチャンスがあったら、チェックしてみて

ちょっと遠慮します :mellow:

実はアメリカ人の友達に本当の着物買いたいんだけどいくらかしらって聞かれたが、ホテルででも浴衣を盗んで友達に着物だと確信させるほうが安いかもって答えてしまった :sweatingbullets: アメリカ人だとたいてい区別できないからな

Guest putasmileon

Thanks Putasmileon!

I will check that out.

Are you Japanese?

I am not Japanese, but I have been studying Japanese for over 10 years. I started out with this book and Tsukuba Language Group from Tsukuba University (the nation's most prestigious language learning university) is excellent. As I said, I'm not Korean either, so I'm not familiar with Korean texts.

Guest calcifer

そうですか!僕は名古屋に住んでいるんです。名古屋のどこに住んだかな。

OH no~~~~this was the post dated May 21! But I just realized I haven't replied to you, putasmileon!!! ごめんなさい!!!m(_ _)m

Now we discovered that we know eachother!!! aren't we? :w00t:

Aren't you the one I was looking for?

Yes. I was in Hoshigaoka. Near the Aum Shinrikyo hideout....oh is this a dejavu situation? :w00t: I remember we exchanged this kind of convo a year ago!!! :phew:

Guest heygingersnap

this is so cool... i wish i could join in, but i've only taken three semesters of japanese so it's not that good. :sweatingbullets:

Archived