Japanese Discussion 日本語の討論会

Guest putasmileon

I'm having problems reading a portion of this email my penpal sent me:

今度は、私からの質問です。イタモトさんは日系の方ですか?日本に興味

があるのはどうしてですか?日本の音楽、映画、テレビドラマの影響ですか?

I forgot my kanji dictionary at school so I'm kinda stuck here =/

He used this: 質問 several times...what does it mean and how is it read ><?

"Now time for my questions. You're of Japanese descent? Why are you interested in Japan? Influenced by Japanese dramas, movies, and music?

質問 shitsumon - question

日系人 nikkeijin - someone that's Japanese but was not born and raised and in Japan

影響 eikyou - influence, effect

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest akira53

ooh, ok now I remember T_T

日系人....thats a good one to know since I always tell people that but I didn't know how to write it =/

thanks!

Guest HELLnawITSc

I'm about to start learning Japanese this fall. I was wondering what I could learn in order to prepare myself and make the class easier.

Sorry if this or a similar question was asked before, I'm too lazy to look at all 76 pages.

Guest Mistletoe

konnichiwa minnasan!! watashi wa vivian desu. dozo yoroshiku onegaishimasu!! i am currently taking the beginner's course for japanese and due to my load of homework resulting from too much english, i havent had time to study for japanese. i need help!! tatsukete onegaishimasu!!! is anyone online right now?? ive visited this thread before and im not going to stay silent anymore. i need help!! pls pm me if any1 is online right now!! =]

Guest dr jung

cant remember where i heard this but what does "kimochi" mean? (and im not sure if thats spelled correctly but thats how it sounds)

Kimochi.. you heard it right. It often means "feeling".

oh thanks....what kind of feeling? good? bad?

kimochi ii = feels good

ii kimochi = good feeling

kimochi warui = nasty / eww / feels bad

If a girl sees an ugly / sketchy dude she might say kimochi warui! or kimoi! (a contraction of kimochi and warui)

Guest Aikiraat

Kimochi.. you heard it right. It often means "feeling".

kimochi ii = feels good

ii kimochi = good feeling

kimochi warui = nasty / eww / feels bad

If a girl sees an ugly / sketchy dude she might say kimochi warui! or kimoi! (a contraction of kimochi and warui)

thank you dr_jun and Tamago86 for answering my questions very much appreciated :D

hey I'm trying to write a report about murasaki shikibu

for my Japanese class and I was wondering how i would say

"Her father wished she was born as a boy in stead."

and "It didn't stop him from giving her the best education that most women in Japan would never see."

Can anyone tell me what the characters on a certain AEROPOSTALE t-shirt says? It is the one with the characters on the front right and a japanese girl in traditional wear on the left back. Sorry, I don't have a picture of it- can't seem to find it online.

Guest 15;;1/2

Can someone trans this? Thanks!

皆さん!僕は…

X-mas です!(yeah!!!)

名古屋から参加したTRAXのa-nation06は 

昨日東京最終日公演で、終わりました!!(yeah!!!)忙しい中来てくれたfanの皆さんと、初めてTRAXを知って応援してくれた皆さん、

本当にありがとうございました!!!!(涙)僕は本当に楽しかったんですが…皆も一緒かな???

もっと!もっと!いくので!皆次のliveもよろしくん!!!あ!最後にCDとタオルとt-shirtを買ってくれた皆、本当にありがとうございます!!(涙涙)

liveに皆がそれをもって来て応援してくれたら200%以上でいいliveができると思うけど>。<(笑)じゃ!皆、次のliveで会いましょう!! X-masでした!

Guest akira53

��菴�篋��������������㏍����

�㏍���潟���������

��������

��������篋冴�e�� ������綣��������c���<���c���������障�����с��

�����������ゅぇ絖����������

�����潟�鴻���激���c��������ゃ�ゃ��������(Trans Pacific Hawaii College)�������������c���障��

篁���璽鐚鰹蒔�ц�沿�綽�篆�賢(�с�����区�沿���篌吾�潟������違�c���障��鐔�)

�с���ュ拘����鐚¥次���㏍�違��� �������篋�絎�

鐚¥次���㏍�違��� ����c����

筝�����ぇ絖���隈�ャ������������篏������c�宴����緇�������� ��

����ゅぇ絖�����c�������������障��

�恰�檎え�с�<���c��� ����綣激����鐔�

絅�藝���⑥�<� ����

莇e�潟���恰ソ��� �祉��腟究�����蚊�若� ��鐚������篁������������������障��

�㏍���潟�����吟��������罸��������ユ��査�����

�����c�������������������c����� (弍卒��鐔�)弍Yo!!

��������筝�������

�������������c�������������

�ユ�����������������c�������ゃ�с���������№����

�㏍���潟������� �<���������������

Ok so I got this email in Japanese and I can't read it. I changed the encoding but it all comes out looking something like this..and I've never had a problem reading Japanese on this computer before =/...does anyone know how I can read it or can someone read/translate for me?

^That happens sometimes, there's no way to make it readable. You'll have to get the person to send it again

Can someone trans this? Thanks!

皆さん!僕は�X-mas です!(yeah!!!)

名古屋から参加したTRAXのa-nation06は 

昨日東京最終日公演で、終わりました!!(yeah!!!)忙しい中来てくれたfanの皆さんと、初めてTRAXを知って応援してくれた皆さん、

本当にありがとうございました!!!!(涙)僕は本当に楽しかったんですが�#30342;も一緒かな???

もっと!もっと!いくので!皆次のliveもよろしくん!!!あ!最後にCDとタオルとt-shirtを買ってくれた皆、本当にありがとうございます!!(涙涙)

liveに皆がそれをもって来て応援してくれたら200%以上でいいliveができると思うけど>。<(笑)じゃ!皆、次のliveで会いましょう!! X-masでした!

Hey everybody! X-mas here!

A-nation06 which TRAX participated in from Nagoya ended yesterday with their final performance. Thank you to all the busy fans who came and all the newcomers who supported TRAX! *tear* It was awesome

More! More! We're going to do more! I hope everyone comes to our next live performance as well. Ah! Thanks also to everybody who bought CDs, Towels and T-shirts. *tear* If everyone brings those to our lives performances to support us I think we'll be able to do like 200% better! Ok well, I'll meet you all again at our next live performance!

X-mas out

How do you determine the Japanese version of Korean names..or "translate" them?

I believe you take the Chinese characters for the Korean name, and then read them using the ON-yomi readings in Japanese.

For example dongmyung lee in Chinese characters would be:

東明 李 (dong1 ming2 li3)

Thus with Japanese ON-yomi you would read that "toumei ri"

At least that's how I would do it..Jaeho may know the official way so you should post this in Korean help too

Some Japanese may also just put the name in Katakana like they do with other foreign names..

Archived